Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform (764 Views)

Buhari To Declare For Presidency On October 8 / EXCLUSIVE-Jonathan,Muazu,Okonjo,FFK wooing Ribadu To PDP / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5621070-146/ribadu_to_run_for_presidency_on.csp

Nuhu Ribadu, the former Chairman of the Economic Financial Crimes Commission, has declared that he will contest for president on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria.

Mr Ribadu stated this today at his campaign office in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. He also announced that he will register with the ACN in his ward at Yola, the Adamawa State capital, "once the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) begins official party registrations." NEXT had exclusively reported, in July, that Mr Ribadu was likely to emerge the candidate of the ACN.

The party's national convention, to select its candidates for the various political offices ahead of the 2011 elections, is expected to commence next month. Mr Ribadu recently returned to the country from a self-imposed exile following his dismissal from the Nigerian Police Force, and arraignment before the Code of Tribunal for not declaring his assets while he was the chairman of the anti-corruption agency. The case has since being discontinued by the federal government; and the Police Force has also reversed his dismissal to retirement

Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by homerac7: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2010
Enter Ribadu.

Ribadu may not be a saint, he's definitely of finer character than most of the demons who want to contest for d election. I personally favour him far above GEJ/ JEGA/or whatever other confused permutation of characters. Obviously Ribadu is smarter than Jonathan, at least to me.
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
Favor him because he looks good in picture to you? Or favour him because he actually has verifiable record showing he knows what to do when put in leadership position of this sort? Or you favour him because he has a solid plan to turn things around for the nation?
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by ladi02(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Favor him because he looks good in picture to you? Or favour him because he actually has verifiable record showing he knows what to do when put in leadership position of this sort? Or you favour him because he has a solid plan to turn things around for the nation?

Favor him because he has fought corruption in Nigeria, he has a verifiable record compared to the evil PDP thieves. Have you taken a look at States where the governors are ACN, it shows development and growth
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by naso2(m): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2010
ladi02:

Favor him because he has fought corruption in Nigeria, he has a verifiable record compared to the evil PDP thieves. Have you taken a look at States where the governors are ACN, it shows development and growth

Are fashola and oshiomole  really performing better  ameachi and sullivan chime?
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by T9ksy(m): 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
ACN dissappoint me, big time. who's Ribadu? Obj's ex attack dog. The only credential that everyone is going on about this "sheep in human's clothing" is that he fought corruption in the country. What corruption?Meanwhile Obj and IBB are still strutting around the country like prized peacocks! Right from the onset, i never believed in EFCC else their first port of call would surely have been Obj, himself followed by Ibb.
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Moves: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
@ Kobo, Favor Him because out of All the contestants He is the Only one not yet tainted with Corruption; And Has also made a recorded attempt to fight corruption, Buhari comes next; but his feat was credited to Idiagbon, and he has also the 53 suitcases issue,

Favor him becos even though he might not be a saint or blameless, he can rally the troops once more and that what Nigeria needs, A leader that can get people believing again and who his people trust, the average joe on the street either correctly or incorrectly perceives that Ribadu stands for anti corruption, and he has been able to articulate his message previously by interlinking our lack of progress to corruption.

GEJ would have been a good candidate for me but am dissappointed by his lacklustre zeal, postulation and demeanor, If he had the zeal and had in the past months showed fire in belly; the whole populace would have bought into him, cus his story is compelling,
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2010
ladi02:

Pull back a bit . . . he fought corruption OR he went after those his then oga(Obasanjo) suggested he should? There is a difference between fighting corruption and fighting corruption as suggested .
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moves:

@ Kobo, Favor Him because out of All the contestants He is the Only one not yet tainted with Corruption; And Has also made a recorded attempt to fight corruption, Buhari comes next; but his feat was credited to Idiagbon, and he has also the 53 suitcases issue,

Not tainted directly, fine but his past boss, under whom he was able to win his medal as fighter of corruption happens to be one of the most corrupt individuals in the nation even to this day and back then. Possibly, this man still aligns himself with some corrupt so he can get where he wants in this.

Why does BUhari come next and not before Ribadu when it comes to those who are not tainted in corruption and actually fought against it?

Moves:
Favor him becos even though he might not be a saint or blameless, he can rally the troops once more and that what Nigeria needs, A leader that can get people believing again and who his people trust, the average joe on the street either correctly or incorrectly perceives that Ribadu stands for anti corruption, and he has been able to articulate his message previously by interlinking our lack of progress to corruption.

Rally what troops? Last I checked, the whole nation is still very very divided on what really happened.
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Moves: 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Pull back a bit . . . he fought corruption OR he went after those his then oga(Obasanjo) suggested he should? There is a difference between fighting corruption and fighting corruption as suggested .
He fought Corruption, The Argument that he only fought Obj enemy doesn't hold water; where does people corrupt , answer is a resounding YES; and how do u determine who is Obj enemy, Only Obj can tell, so me and you would just be postulating on who Obj's perceived enemies are,  cos to me Obj No 1 enemy is Buhari, Atleast the dude was on his case for almost 7ears; didn't see Ribadu arresting him, next inline is Ken Nnamani, senate president that presided over the shooting down of Obj's 3rd term project, So he fought corruption, what about the non politicians, 419'ers that the EFCC dealt with, Was about Tafa Balogun, the guy succeeded in creating a perception that corruption is being fought and you just can't embezzle money without no one bating an eyelid, That perception alone is worth more than actual conviction rate of corrupt people, brand perception in marketing terms,
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Moves: 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

[b]Not tainted directly, fine [/b]but his past boss, under whom he was able to win his medal as fighter of corruption happens to be one of the most corrupt individuals in the nation even to this day and back then. Possibly, this man still aligns himself with some corrupt so he can get where he wants in this.

Why does BUhari come next and not before Ribadu when it comes to those who are not tainted in corruption and actually fought against it?

Rally what troops? Last I checked, the whole nation is still very very divided on what really happened.
Will accept that as an agreement to quoted text, As the others served in the nation during Obj's term and same cannot be said of them,

@kobo, It all about perception, as we are not members of the FEC or supreme council, Buhari's was not perceived or credited with the war on corruption during his term, It was credited to Idiagbon, Just like Obj or Atiku is not credited with the war on corruption during the term but Ribadu was,
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2010
Moves:

Will accept that as an agreement to quoted text, As the others served in the nation during Obj's term and same cannot be said of them,

@kobo, It all about perception, as we are not members of the FEC or supreme council, Buhari's was not perceived or credited with the war on corruption during his term, It was credited to Idiagbon, Just like Obj or Atiku is not credited with the war on corruption during the term but Ribadu was,
It is also good to get things right. That we like to credit Idiagbon for the war on corruption DOES NOT REMOVE FROM the fact that it was all under Buhari's watch. I like to get people thinking on what really happened back then. This was a time in our history when we had a PRESIDENT accept he did not have all the answers, move aside for his second in command to lead on most of the important issues resulting in the change we all noticed in that nation. That was good leadership, if nothing else. That Buhari was able to accept the ideas of his VP and actually let him, Idiagbon, have such opportunity to change things his way, shows him the sort of leader we need now, and not later.

Now, I am not campaigning for the man but from what I see, he seems to best candidate considering the Ribadu's and the Goodlucks all seem to be running on their popularity(Goodluck because of the way he has risen up the ranks without even needing to lift a finger but only align himself with the baddest of the bad; Ribadu rising because after years of enjoying safety under Obj and doing OBJ's bidding, but suddenly cut down by Yar adua and made hero by some as a result), and link to the big names(crooks mostly) and nothing else.
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by olafolarin(m): 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2010
Among the PreSent aspirants Ribadu has my vote.
He is the youngest,energetic and and definitely a progressive.
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by kosovo(m): 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2010
It is Now clear that ACN has no Vission. . .
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by jmoore(m): 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2010
If Ribadu did well in EFCC, Orji Uzor, Ibori and co should be in prison by now. The man is a big joke! Most of you that are voting for ribadu are only priviledge because of access to information. Ask that woman wey dey sell akara, she does not know who ribadu is. The man will fail like a big earthquake!
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Moves: 11:56pm On Sep 20, 2010
jmoore:

If Ribadu did well in EFCC, Orji Uzor, Ibori and co should be in prison by now. The man is a big joke! Most of you that are voting for ribadu are only priviledge because of access to information[b]. Ask that woman wey dey sell akara, she does not know who ribadu is[/b]. The man will fail like a big earthquake!
The woman knows ribadu and EFCC, cos when people refuse to pay her for her akara she no longer threaten to report them to the police but to Ribadu EFCC, grin
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Moves: 12:10am On Sep 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It is also good to get things right. That we like to credit Idiagbon for the war on corruption DOES NOT REMOVE FROM the fact that it was all under Buhari's watch. I like to get people thinking on what really happened back then. This was a time in our history when we had a PRESIDENT accept he did not have all the answers, move aside for his second in command to lead on most of the important issues resulting in the change we all noticed in that nation. That was good leadership, if nothing else. That Buhari was able to accept the ideas of his VP and actually let him, Idiagbon, have such opportunity to change things his way, shows him the sort of leader we need now, and not later.

Now, I am not campaigning for the man but from what I see, he seems to best candidate considering the Ribadu's and the Goodlucks all seem to be running on their popularity(Goodluck because of the way he has risen up the ranks without even needing to lift a finger but only align himself with the baddest of the bad; Ribadu rising because after years of enjoying safety under Obj and doing OBJ's bidding, but suddenly cut down by Yar adua and made hero by some as a result), and link to the big names(crooks mostly) and nothing else.

Yeap, I credit Buhari for allowing his vice to function, such is very uncommon presently, I would vote for Buhari ahead of Jonathan and the rest but not ahead of Ribadu, cos I feel it is time to do away with the old generation (not neccesary based on age) espcially as had been president previously, In ribadu we have someone who I believe has seen the two sides of the coin as you mentioned and as a result has matured, As I believe having gone through what he went through months before going on exile and being on exile are experiences that I deem makes he a better person,
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Sep 21, 2010
Moves:

Yeap, I credit Buhari for allowing his vice to function, such is very uncommon presently,
OK!
Moves:

I would vote for Buhari ahead of Jonathan and the rest but not ahead of Ribadu, cos I feel it is time to do away with the old generation (not neccesary based on age) espcially as had been president previously, In ribadu we have someone who I believe has seen the two sides of the coin as you mentioned and as a result has matured, As I believe having gone through what he went through months before going on exile and being on exile are experiences that I deem makes he a better person,

How do you know this for a fact? I mean we are speaking here of a man who returned from exile to run for office as flag bearer for the next popular party out there(He was a PDP member before all this, right?). Why didn't he decide instead to run with a party that is completely unaffiliated with any of the THIEVES-IN-CHARGE?

How sure are you or any of us that he really learnt from his experience? I mean if he believes he was a victim in it all, what exactly do we percieve he learnt at the end?
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by metalGo0g: 12:42am On Sep 21, 2010
hahahahahahaha   shocked shocked

Tinubu's party of clowns, ACN, is at it again. . . . .  Fielding an inexperienced and former OBJ's political attack dog as their presidential candidate.
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by PapaBrowne(m): 3:22am On Sep 21, 2010
PDP or AC, obj wins!!
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by jmoore(m): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2010
Moves:

The woman knows ribadu and EFCC, cos when people refuse to pay her for her akara she no longer threaten to report them to the police but to Ribadu EFCC, grin
funny just as ribadu, big joke!
Re: Ribadu To Run For Presidency On Acn's Platform by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2010
His claimed revelation on Tinubu really got me thinking what next.

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Aids And Abets Tinubu To Enslave Lagos / South African Police Raid Home Of Exiled Mend Leader, Henry Okah / Nigeria Bombings: Sa Police Arrest Man In Jo'burg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.