Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran (836 Views)

Presidency Says CNG To Cost ₦‎230 Per Kg / Atiku To Presidency: Address Issue Of Whether Buhari Is Cloned Or Not / WAEC Disagrees With Presidency, Says Buhari Applied For Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by nairavsdollars(f): 6:55am On May 06, 2019
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Professor Tunde Adeniran, a former Minister of Education and chieftain of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, speaks on issues in the polity such as insecurity challenges, 2023 elections and his agenda for President Muhammadu Buhari’s second term. Excerpts:

There have been calls by some Nigerians that President Buhari who is currently out of the country should return home in order to address the myriads of security challenges facing the country. Do you think he should yield to these calls?

That is his choice since he is the one given the mandate to govern. So, he is in the best position to know what should be done to deal with the security challenges. On whether he should return to the country now or later, all those are just speculations. I think all hands should be on deck to ensure that we move the nation forward because these security challenges require not just the handiwork of Mr. President but all of us. We are facing serious challenges in this country and everybody has to be security conscious and play their roles from the various villages and communities to the national level. Everybody, from traditional rulers to clerics, councilors and opinion leaders should be involved in finding a solution to these challenges because we are in a serious security emergency.

Why do you think insecurity is always on the rise after the general elections?

My belief is that some of those who are used as thugs and to facilitate certain violent activities during the elections are left on rampage and they need to keep themselves busy. That is part of it. But it is unfair to attribute the rise in insecurity to them alone. There are those who are there before the elections and there are those who are there after the elections but the escalation that you referred to is because most of those who are engaged during the elections are abandoned after election is over and they need to survive. They are not being maintained by the politicians who hire them for violent activities.

Do you think the Federal Government should seek foreign assistance in tackling the security challenges?

What is going on now involves foreign elements and it will not be out of place if the federal government seeks foreign assistance.

What do you think the President should look out for in choosing his cabinet?

I have no comment on that. It’s left to the President. He is the one given the mandate and he is the one who knows those who can help him achieve his goals and objectives for the country.

There has been debate on whether the 2023 Presidency should come to the South-West or South- East. What is your opinion on this?

I think every Nigerian should be encouraged to aspire to the highest office in the land. I also believe that the South- East also have very competent people. There is no part of this country that does not have competent people but the fact is that the South- Eastern people are also Nigerians and so they also have a right to the presidency. But it is not just because somebody is a South- Easterner but because of competence. We need somebody that Nigerians can trust because of his intregrity and capacity.
https://www.independent.ng/2023-igbos-also-have-a-right-to-presidency-adeniran/

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Nobody: 6:59am On May 06, 2019
Same Tunde Adeniran that said igbos insulted yorubas...

What kind of hypocritical life are these guys always living....two faced all the time.

Saint in the day, wolf at night...

I don't balme him, I blame the paedophile called. Lord. Lugard.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Nobody: 7:14am On May 06, 2019
Come 2023 I just want to watch how Afonjas and Almajiris will fight. By that time all igbos will be at home sitting down on their nice sofa, with a nice and colorful Sweet sensation popcorn by their side and a remote control to tune in to 2023 TV. E go sweet die grin
I will love to see how two midgets el rufai and Jagaban fights
I will love to see how Oshiomhole play his Edo Ludo
I will love to see The game of betrayals grin

Igbo amaka cheers! We will handle the umpire role grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Ekpeitit(m): 7:18am On May 06, 2019
nairavsdollars:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Professor Tunde Adeniran, a former Minister of Education and chieftain of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, speaks on issues in the polity such as insecurity challenges, 2023 elections and his agenda for President Muhammadu Buhari’s second term. Excerpts:

There have been calls by some Nigerians that President Buhari who is currently out of the country should return home in order to address the myriads of security challenges facing the country. Do you think he should yield to these calls?

That is his choice since he is the one given the mandate to govern. So, he is in the best position to know what should be done to deal with the security challenges. On whether he should return to the country now or later, all those are just speculations. I think all hands should be on deck to ensure that we move the nation forward because these security challenges require not just the handiwork of Mr. President but all of us. We are facing serious challenges in this country and everybody has to be security conscious and play their roles from the various villages and communities to the national level. Everybody, from traditional rulers to clerics, councilors and opinion leaders should be involved in finding a solution to these challenges because we are in a serious security emergency.

Why do you think insecurity is always on the rise after the general elections?

My belief is that some of those who are used as thugs and to facilitate certain violent activities during the elections are left on rampage and they need to keep themselves busy. That is part of it. But it is unfair to attribute the rise in insecurity to them alone. There are those who are there before the elections and there are those who are there after the elections but the escalation that you referred to is because most of those who are engaged during the elections are abandoned after election is over and they need to survive. They are not being maintained by the politicians who hire them for violent activities.

Do you think the Federal Government should seek foreign assistance in tackling the security challenges?

What is going on now involves foreign elements and it will not be out of place if the federal government seeks foreign assistance.

What do you think the President should look out for in choosing his cabinet?

I have no comment on that. It’s left to the President. He is the one given the mandate and he is the one who knows those who can help him achieve his goals and objectives for the country.

There has been debate on whether the 2023 Presidency should come to the South-West or South- East. What is your opinion on this?

I think every Nigerian should be encouraged to aspire to the highest office in the land. I also believe that the South- East also have very competent people. There is no part of this country that does not have competent people but the fact is that the South- Eastern people are also Nigerians and so they also have a right to the presidency. But it is not just because somebody is a South- Easterner but because of competence. We need somebody that Nigerians can trust because of his intregrity and capacity.
https://www.independent.ng/2023-igbos-also-have-a-right-to-presidency-adeniran/
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Ekpeitit(m): 7:21am On May 06, 2019
Absolutely, Igbos have the right to contest for the office of President of Nigeria and we also have the right not to vote for an Igbo person, it's called democracy.
You vote people you trust not people you don't trust.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by etrouble: 8:11am On May 06, 2019
Professor Adeniran is mad just like his godfather Obasanjo. Presidency is not given, it is taken. You get Presidency by alignment, negotiating and concession. Not by abusing everyone around like a sex starved frustrated house-wife. Igbos will never ever be President of Federal Republic of Nigeria until they stop their senseless empty chest beating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by etrouble: 8:12am On May 06, 2019
kingemzy5:
Come 2023 I just want to watch how Afonjas and Almajiris will fight. By that time all igbos will be at home sitting down on their nice sofa, with a nice and colorful Sweet sensation popcorn by their side and a remote control to tune in to 2023 TV. E go sweet die grin

Your 5% is inconsequential. We have proven that to you more than once.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by mrvitalis(m): 8:14am On May 06, 2019
etrouble:
Professor Adeniran is mad just like his godfather Obasanjo. Presidency is not given, it is taken. You get Presidency by alignment, negotiating and concession. Not by abusing everyone around like a sex starved frustrated house-wife. Igbos will never ever be President of Federal Republic of Nigeria until they stop their senseless empty chest beating.
Lol its funny how yorubas that was given presidency in 1999 is saying presidency is taken

If south west has the interest to run in 2023 nothing stops the north too from running right ?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by tunjiajayi: 8:16am On May 06, 2019
Yes they truly do.

In Biafra though! Nnamdi kanu as life president.
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by LacunaJacuna(m): 8:19am On May 06, 2019
President of land of the rising Sun only.
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Nobody: 8:21am On May 06, 2019
etrouble:

check since 1960 till date,90% of rulers are from north, if PDP zone their ticket in 2023 to north trust me PDP will win it.

You are busy fighting your family down south while northerners are using us like slaves.

Una go get sense last last
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by omenkaLives(m): 8:23am On May 06, 2019
Who gives a shit whether they do or not? Besides, has anyone ever said they dont have such rights?

They've carried on as though their destinies depend on the useless party, busting their hump since '99 for the party. Doesnt such dutiful servitude deserve some reward?

If pdp believes they have the right (I believe they do but I dont give a damn about it), how about zoning the presidential ticket of the party to the sout eeast where they happen to have their most fervent abobakus?

That shouldnt be too hard now should it? You reap where you sow. That's the law of nature.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by eagleeye2: 8:23am On May 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Same Tunde Adeniran that said igbos insulted yorubas...

What kind of hypocritical life are these guys always living....tow faced all the time.

Saint in the day, wolf at night...

I don't balme him, I blame the paedophile called. Lord. Lugard.
They are just playing pin pon with 2023
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by eagleeye2: 8:25am On May 06, 2019
omenkaLives:
Who gives a shit whether they do or not? Besides, has anyone ever said they dont have such rights?

They've carried on as though their destinies depend on the useless party, busting their hump since '99 for the party. Doesnt such dutiful servitude deserve some reward?

If pdp believes they have the right (I believe they do but I dont give a damn about it), how about zoning the presidential ticket of the party to the sout eeast where they happen to have their most fervent abobakus?

That shouldnt be too hard now should it? You reap where you sow. That's the law of nature.
Omenka or his imitation trying so hard to be noticed.
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by RemiTinubu(f): 8:26am On May 06, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:

[/s]
what a claptrap and stupid trash

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by etrouble: 8:36am On May 06, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol its funny how yorubas that was given presidency in 1999 is saying presidency is taken

If south west has the interest to run in 2023 nothing stops the north too from running right ?

Alex Ekweme contested PDP primaries with Obasanjo and lost woefully. so, Yorubas were not given the presidency, instead the presidency was zoned to the South for all Southerners to contest.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by hisexcellency34: 8:40am On May 06, 2019
Injustice everywhere. We have three major tribes and since 1999, two have ruled and one is being denied. How will the country progress?
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Westbestside: 9:08am On May 06, 2019
etrouble:

God bless you
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Westbestside: 9:10am On May 06, 2019
RemiTinubu:
[s][/s]
You have never contributed sensibly to anything on this forum before. Why?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by omenkaLives(m): 9:24am On May 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Injustice everywhere. We have three major tribes and since 1999, two have ruled and one is being denied. How will the country progress?
Why cant iboes demand the presidential ticket from a party they love and fight for so dearly? What is wrong with them?

And why do iboes sound as though the presidency is by APPOINTMENT? You insult and attack everyone and expect a great reward in return? Who thinks like that?
God bless Asari Dokubo jor.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by RemiTinubu(f): 9:28am On May 06, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
Why cant iboes demand the presidential ticket from a party they love and fight for so dearly? What is wrong with them?

And why do iboes sound as though the presidency is by APPOINTMENT? You insult and attack everyone and expect a great reward in return? Who thinks like that?
[/s]
shutup bra
how's my guy iroh grin
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Nobody: 9:35am On May 06, 2019
kingemzy5:

Afonjas and Almajiris may not fight oh. Their collabo if very fruitful to both. We need to know we are isolated and fashion how to come out of this mess.
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by omenkaLives(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2019
etrouble:

They always try to make it look as though they're not butt hurt by their current status by bragging endlessly about NOTHING and filling their comments with cheerful emojis...but we know better. cheesy

Same people will be here wailing in a couple of hours time how much they're being taken for granted and marginalized.

These people brag about everything so much so you're tempted to think eating shit is such a cool thing.

No wonder Asari called them what he called them and their heroic purnstar called them what he called them. grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by RemiTinubu(f): 9:54am On May 06, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
They always try to make it look as though they're not butt hurt by their current status by bragging endlessly about NOTHING and filling their comments with cheerful emojis...but we know better. cheesy

Same people will be here wailing in a couple of hours time how much they're being taken for granted and marginalized.

These people brag about everything so much so you're tempted to think eating shit is such a cool thing.

No wonder Asari called them what he called them and their heroic purnstar called them what he called them. grin
[/s]
claptrap
how far
where's my iroh?
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by rummmy: 9:55am On May 06, 2019
Crying upandan, we have decided to allow north rule till infinity as long as a south wastener will not be there.
We have decided to show them how betrayals taste.
Deal with that till southern Nigeria gets sense
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by hisexcellency34: 11:45am On May 06, 2019
Who are the 'we'?
rummmy:
Crying upandan, we have decided to allow north rule till infinity as long as a south wastener will not be there.
We have decided to show them how betrayals taste.
Deal with that till southern Nigeria gets sense
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by driftedx: 11:52am On May 06, 2019
RemiTinubu:
[s][/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Notasyouthink: 6:27pm On May 06, 2019
omenkaLives:

If Igbos insult and attack everyone, what are you and your likes do here on a daily basis if not to attack and insult the Igbos with so much bile?? I hope after doing that with your likes, you're not expecting a hand shake and a great reward from the Igbos too.
God bless asari your new found god grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by Notasyouthink: 6:34pm On May 06, 2019
omenkaLives:

We the great Igbos is really decimating some people's emotions to the that, they can no longer do anything than to talk about us endlessly grin grin grin

Proudly Igbo!

Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by uba1991: 7:48pm On May 06, 2019
Unfortunately pdp don't think so. They rather give the ticket to a criminal FULANI man from Cameroon and my chest beater brothers wil be suckling his ass
Re: 2023: Igbos Also Have A Right To Presidency, Says Ex- Minister Adeniran by rummmy: 8:36pm On May 06, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Who are the 'we'?
we are the true weeees

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Is Behind The Killings In Nigeria - Adaojo Victor, Nigerians React / Zamfara Creates New Emirate / Bago; The Next Relatable Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.