Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Problem With Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem With Nigeria! (622 Views)

Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. / How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria! / Releasing Chibok Girls Information Will Damage Ties With Nigeria –UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Problem With Nigeria! by smoothine: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2010
Before i go on i will like to state THAT PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO TURN THIS TO A TRIBAL DISCUSSION SHOULD STAY OUT.

I know Nigeria has many problem and we all feel we have not been blessed with good leadership.I know most of the years were pillaged by the military who are now staging a comeback under a different guise.My worry is that the nigerian society has not learnt its lesson and the followership is still as crude and naive as the year 1960.Okay there are some flashes here and there but come on the followership is nothing to write home about.
Is it an african thing not to hold our leaders accountable,it is an african thing to allows do AGIP (any government in power) when would the masses rise up and ask for their rights.why do the leaders take decision without seeking our approval.Why is government business run in secrecy and the people are keeping mute.Have we been cowered and we now run under our beds whenever the siren of govt officers run pass us.
Leadership position is accountable to the followers but if the followers are not tasking their leaders to think of a solution to their problem , or are just spending their money without giving account and the followers are not asking questions .i think the problem with Nigeria is followership and not neccessarily leadership.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria! by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 21, 2010
I so so agree with you we as followers wnt to be like our leaders.I have never been able to understand how clearly thieves will still be the most celebrated people in a country just cos they didnt rob with guns.we feel they are lucky to have reached a position where they can chop and it seems that is what majority aspire to do reach a position where we can chop.Our morality is so debased.

(1) (Reply)

Who Lied,our Teachers Or Babangida? / Fifa Vote-selling Claims Nigerian Delegate Shamed Again. / Enemies Of Nigeria? !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.