Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC (30952 Views)

Kaduna Lawmaker, Garba Madami, Dies 3 Days After Inauguration / Kidnappers Were Offered Money Not To Release Jangebe Girls, Says Matawalle / 2019 Elections: INEC Releases Criteria For Recruitment Of Ad-hoc Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by BleedingPen: 11:49am On May 06, 2019
The Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Kwara State, Garba Madami on Monday said he resisted money offered by politicians to compromise the just concluded 2019 general elections in the state.

Madami disclosed this while speaking with newsmen after his daughter’s wedding in Minna.

His words: “There was pressure by politicians who offered me money to compromise the 2019 general elections in Kwara state but I stood my ground and refused to give in.

“The nature of our job at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is too tempting.

“It is left between you and God to do the right thing and keep your integrity or compromise and lose your integrity. You may even go to jail.”

He decried money politics and a situation where politicians think they can buy peoples conscience to do their dirty work.

“The politicians have money and some of them feel that they can buy anybody with the money.

“It is a matter of integrity, it is left for you to be careful and work transparently to keep your integrity.

“What I did in Kwara state before the elections was to go on air and tell the people that no amount of money can buy me.

“I made them to understand that their votes will count and was not ready to compromise,” he said.

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/630648/just-in-i-was-offered-money-to-compromise-2019-elections-inec-rec/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by worldman(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Dannyset(m): 12:21pm On May 06, 2019
grin
Saraki O to ge!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by davibid: 2:33pm On May 06, 2019
Gather here if you think he is a bloody liar

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Ibcrown(m): 2:33pm On May 06, 2019
Lol my kwara people really stand on their feet this time around

21 Likes

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by soberdrunk(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2019
They didn't make you a good offer that's why you are singing like canary, in the words of ......... "What money cannot solve, 'more money' will...... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by hisexcellency34: 2:34pm On May 06, 2019
Swear by Amadioha that you didnt collect bribe during this election, you and your inconclusive oga

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 06, 2019
You received a bribe from the highest bidder.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Adeyinka123: 2:34pm On May 06, 2019
Hmm! Oto ge
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by AroleOduduwa2: 2:35pm On May 06, 2019
Continue lying

3 Likes

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by StarPaidrecords: 2:35pm On May 06, 2019
Ok we have stored that in a memory card .....Next
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by rusher14: 2:36pm On May 06, 2019
Saraki simply wanted the guy dead.

No way he would have received the money without repercussions.

1 Like

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by BlackfireX: 2:36pm On May 06, 2019
Then you should be arrested to tell us who wants to bribe you, so whoever can be dealt with, but this is Nigeria where what ever we say or do have no consequences.

Yeye inec rec

1 Like

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Teenaira: 2:36pm On May 06, 2019
Integrity my foot. Who is fooling who ?
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Quality20(m): 2:37pm On May 06, 2019
And many corrupt youths- boys and girls plus some ppl of no Conscience were hoping and praying for such opportunities
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by ehardetola(m): 2:37pm On May 06, 2019
You for collect the money and disappoint them. Every bribe money in Nigeria is our TAX returns
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by BruncleZuma: 2:37pm On May 06, 2019
Faux Integrity
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by yuanexchanger: 2:38pm On May 06, 2019
we knew
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by vixpal: 2:39pm On May 06, 2019
Saraki, Atiku and PDP

3 Likes

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Nyamiri: 2:39pm On May 06, 2019
If this was said by the REC in a state Pdp won, you'll see those flatheaded pigs insulting Buhari and APC that they tried to derail the prices. But because it's a state that Apc won, they are calling the man a liar.

Are those muddy baboons denying that Saraki and his band of thieves tried to bribe the REC?

By the way, who has heard from Onnoghen?

6 Likes

Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by BabylonCruise(m): 2:40pm On May 06, 2019
Ibcrown:
Lol my kwara people really stand on their feet this time around
First of......it's Stood not Stand.
Secondly, what exactly were they standing on.
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Alcacer47: 2:45pm On May 06, 2019
Nyamiri:
If this was said by the REC in a state Pdp won, you'll see those flatheaded pigs insulting Buhari and APC that they tried to derail the prices. But because it's a state that Apc won, they are calling the man a liar.

Are those upcountry bonobos denying that Saraki and his band of thieves tried to bribe the REC?

By the way, who has heard from Onnoghen?
Bros don't mind them joor. All I know is we kwarans voted massively against Saraki their lord and savior and that's it
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by dukeprince50: 2:45pm On May 06, 2019
BabylonCruise:

First of......it's Stood not Stand.
Secondly, what exactly were they standing on.

first it should be what exactly were they stooding on and not standing on grin

secondly to ur question of wat are deh standing on, I think deh are standing on their feet.
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Amuocha: 2:45pm On May 06, 2019
APC angry
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by dubiouspmb: 2:47pm On May 06, 2019
Lies
Re: Garba Madami: I Was Offered Money To Compromise 2019 Elections — INEC REC by Lifedontireme123: 2:48pm On May 06, 2019
Pls nairalanders help a frustrated brother i am here in 'lokossa cotonou' and i want to go back to my place in delta state,ubulu-uku to be precised. before i die of hunger here.pls a good samaritan can help me with #6500 to help me travel back home.in the name of God and allah i beg every good spirited nairalander to help me acc: 2056669877,bank :uba,savings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Ignored Federal Character In Security Chiefs’ Appointments / APC Holds Rally In Abuja Today, PDP Shifts Event No Reason For Action / Fuel Scarcity: Photos Of Stranded Lagosians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.