Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa (14992 Views)

Don’t Panic Over Troops Movement, Gunshots, Nigerian Army Calms Sokoto Residents / EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over / Hushpuppi: Protesters At US Embassy Demand Investigation Of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Zeemam: 12:19pm On May 07, 2019
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday averted what was an impending civil unrest when he alighted from his convoy to assuage protesters in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.

The Vice President who was headed to Ekiti state for the launch of the National Home Grown School Feeding scheme ran into the protesters who had barricaded the road, he alighted from his car and had a chat with the irate youths who began chanting his name soon as he was identified.

The protesters comprising mainly of young men and some women from Gbayi village were protesting at Gossa, the alleged invasion of their land by the Nigerian Military, urged the Vice President to intervene in the issue.

Responding to their plea, the Vice President assured them that he would meet with the village leaders to find lasting solution to the problem at hand.

He urged the youth to seek more diplomatic ways of solving issues. He assured them that President Muhammadu Buhari’s government is dedicated to the people and that the dividend of democracy will be enjoyed by all.

The protesters said if they had known that the Vice President was going to ply the road they would not have acted in the manner which they did.

Thereafter, the youths once again began to chant his name and then made way for the Vice President to proceed to the airport.

Speaking to the media, a protester who identified himself as Danlami Abdulgafar praised Prof. Osinbajo for his humane nature. He said the Vice President understands and relates with the plight of ordinary Nigerians.

“Imagine that all Nigerians politicians are like Prof. (Osinbajo), this country would have succeeded since the 70s. He came down from his vehicle and he addressed us, in fact we were happy that he accorded us so much respect.

Another protester, Gwatana Muktar said if it were to be any other politician they would not even listen to the person. “You know during campaign he visited almost all the villages and we saw him first hand. He is a very humble man and God will continue to bless him,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-osinbajo-averts-impending-unrest-calms-fct-protesters/amp/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by cpu2006(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2019
Osinbajo, the vice president of ordinary Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by ShitHead(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2019
All nah set-up. Nah them dey cause unrest, nah them dey calm unrest.

See his head, unrest calmer.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by GentleMoney: 12:34pm On May 07, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by WebSurfer(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2019
what a country. i am speechless

No wonder we are rated 3rd with the lowest Life expectancy

Make money and live.
The citizens and almost everyone can not live sane or rightly. instead, deny wrongdoings and become angry when confronted with realistic truth
Moralities gone
Everyone is angry
Some are suffering and smiling

Rich are living in mediocre, no quality life, no peace, no basic amenities, no security

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by tihig: 12:34pm On May 07, 2019
nice one

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Michaelmercy(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2019
3rd
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by murecool(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2019
Prof Osinbajo is a listening leader.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Waakanda: 12:34pm On May 07, 2019
Everyone is fed up cool

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Jubal01: 12:35pm On May 07, 2019
Hmmmmmmm.
I assure u, the military assault will continue. Why u allow am pass nah? Una 4 mek am change road to know u guys mean business.
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by babyfaceafrica: 12:35pm On May 07, 2019
how is this news?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by rusher14: 12:35pm On May 07, 2019
grin
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by tboycares: 12:35pm On May 07, 2019
Good
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by greensandy: 12:36pm On May 07, 2019
God bless our Vice President!
God bless our President!!
God bless our Country!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by adewest1999(m): 12:36pm On May 07, 2019
I still think Messi playing in the champions league tonight is not fair.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by austinauto(m): 12:36pm On May 07, 2019
Hmm. Good of him.
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by ajebuter(f): 12:36pm On May 07, 2019
'Hunku Osinbajo' negotiated his own way out of a chaos jeje and off to airport...

Protesters, sorry be una name as nothing will be done about your land dispute..

If na me nko? I go wait make dem drag me?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Salam19: 12:37pm On May 07, 2019
wailers will be sad to hear this

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Xzellentgraphic: 12:38pm On May 07, 2019
Osinbajo....the best VP in Nigeria history. Our president come 2023...

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by bluecircle470: 12:39pm On May 07, 2019
The protest has been on before the VP got there and immediately they saw the VP all heads bowed because peace has arrived. And there was a solution.
Shine shine bobo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by ipobarethieves: 12:39pm On May 07, 2019
grin wink cool cool correct N responsible yweet.If nah irate,touts yweet from dat side popular wit development, coke stuff,nah sumthin else we for dey talk

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by dallenk(m): 12:40pm On May 07, 2019
PMB man of the people by the people and for the people... I hail thee... Loyal VP that's y PMB trusts you to the biggest percentage... Ride on my man.... Kikikikiki
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Chukwurah003: 12:41pm On May 07, 2019
Osinbajo is a great man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Reference(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2019
The only thing I can advice him and this government is to strap in. The next four years will be more torrid than he will ever imagine. Because the only thing I can assure him is that the problems besetting Nigeria will only grow exponentially of which the first term of four years has shown that they have no idea whatsoever, of how to handle, let alone solve them.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Princedapace(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2019
Nigerians, the greatest cowards on planet earth, including my self.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Chukwurah003: 12:42pm On May 07, 2019
cpu2006:
Osinbajo, the vice president of ordinary Nigeria

Ipod dreamer. Go and feature in a p0rn movie like your demented leader
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Bizibi(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2019
murecool:
Prof Osinbajo is a listening leader.
yes,he is and he is not a tribalist but his boss is something else,a far opposite.....
Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by wifeesnatcher(m): 12:46pm On May 07, 2019
I don't even know how to describe Osibanjo. sometimes I just question why someone like that was created in a nation that don't acknowledged good people.

I wish he start his politics from state level, that state would have been a talk of the town. I'll be looking forward to have him as the president of Nigeria soon

his way of life pleased me

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Calms FCT Protesters At Gossa by Wada3: 12:47pm On May 07, 2019
This is commendable from the Vice President

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edu, Shehu Would Have Survived Under Buhari – Shehu Sani / Airforce Jet Accidentally Fires Missile At Building In Port-harcourt. / Gunmen Kindap Idris Mohammed, Niger State Commissioner For Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.