Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,224 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Losing Weight Is A Sign Of Hard Work And Therefore, Economic Progress – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Losing Weight Is A Sign Of Hard Work And Therefore, Economic Progress – Buhari (235 Views)

It Will Take Igbos 20-25 Years Of Hard Work To Produce President – Joe Igbokwe / Buhari Said The IGP Is Losing Weight. See The Moment (video, Photo) / Buhari Lambasts Nigerians, Says Change Isn’t About Economic Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Losing Weight Is A Sign Of Hard Work And Therefore, Economic Progress – Buhari by payges: 2:45pm On May 07, 2019
ABUJA, NIGERIA – President Buhari has followed up on his “joke” about the Inspector General losing weight meaning he is working hard by adding that, losing weight is a sign of economic progress. It turns out it was not a joke at all. He was very serious.

“I mean look at me. I am the skinniest person you will ever meet” the president said. “Yet it is a well-known fact that I am one of the hardest working persons in the country”.

At this point in the conversation someone in the room coughed loudly, which the president ignored.

“The more weight Nigerians lose, the more it reflects better in international circles about how hardworking we are as a people. Look at the Inspector General. He has lost so much weight, and you can see that the number of killings in the North have reduced by almost 50%”
At this point the president was interrupted again by an adviser who whispered that the killings have actually doubled. Mr. President told him to shut up and fired him on the spot because he seemed to have added a few kilograms since the President last saw him (before he left for London).

“See that?” he continued to our Newsjunk correspondent “That young man had the guts to add weight. Shows he’s not working hard enough. Cannot have that kind of negativity in my government”.

Our stunned correspondent spent the entire interview with his belly sucked in, so as not to give Mr. President the impression that he was a non-hardworking Nigerian.

Full transcript of interview to come in subsequent bulletins

https://www.newsjunk.com.ng/losing-weight-is-a-sign-of-hard-work-and-therefore-economic-progress-president-buhari/
Re: Losing Weight Is A Sign Of Hard Work And Therefore, Economic Progress – Buhari by phelonrays: 2:53pm On May 07, 2019
Newsjunk or junkNews smiley
see as una got my attention just like that.....
Take your time junk Opgringrin

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari Has Fought Crime —presidency / 8th National Assembly Most Productive Since 1999, Says Online Publishers / Nigeria: Counting The Gains And Pains Of Ogeh's Many Agric Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.