Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" (9691 Views)

2019 Imo Governorship: Moment Emeka Ihedioha & Tony Nwulu Campaigns Met / Mentally Deranged Man Slams Okorocha, Predicts Tony Nwulu As Next Governor / Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by GLeesMODEL(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2019
NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN: Tony Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" Legislative Gathering [phot

Hon. Tony Nwulu, the sponsor of the most responsive "Not Too Young To Run Bill" in the 8th Assembly, current Federal House Member representating Isolo/Oshodi constituency and Imo state UPP Governorship candidate in the just concluded 2019 Governorship election, has transferred his historic mantle to Hon. Luke Onofiok, as the new successor at "The Convergence 2.0" event-Nigerians largest gathering of young newly elected representatives, held today at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja.

The democratic renewal initiative commenced with the distinguished presence of the Honourable Speaker of the House, RT Hon. Yakubu Dogara, alongside over 300 newly elected members of the Green Chambers in view of the fruition of "Not Too Young To Run Bill" in the just concluded general elections in Nigeria.

The event was organised by YIAGA AFRICA, Not Too Young to Run Movement and was supported by the United Kingdom Agency for International Development-UKAID.

Nwulu joined the event few minutes after the occasion was declared open and his presence defined a fresh atmosphere as he spoke expediently on the relevance of young Nigerians in Leadership. He noted that a time shall come when 70percent of Representatives in the National Assembly will be youths and not the old people whom we see today.

In the course of his well organised speech presentation, he officially handed over the mantle of the youngest emerged legislative leader to Hon. Luke Onofiok, the vibrant 41years old Speaker of Akwa Ibom state house of Assembly and member-elect in the Federal House of Representatives.

The new delegated responsibility to Hon. Onofiok was indeed precedented and well deserving, as he holds overwhelming records of massive support in his reelection in 2015 and has sponsored more than 10 private member bills in Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly.

"The Convergence 2.0" gathering was designed to inspire, empower and expose newly elected young legislators in the 2019 elections, with notable visions of resources and tools required for excellent public leadership and quality representation.

The 40 year old lawmaker was warmly received at the Nigeria's largest gathering of young elected representatives in company of Nigerian leadership consultant and 2019 Imo State YPP Governorship Candidate, Linus Okorie.

https://www.abujapress.com/2019/05/not-too-young-to-run-tony-nwulu-hands.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by GLeesMODEL(m): 6:57pm On May 07, 2019
More

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by GLeesMODEL(m): 7:03pm On May 07, 2019
More

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by kingphilip(m): 7:20pm On May 07, 2019
Gather here for selfie if you thought with the bill passed more youths would have won more seats in the last general elections

2 Likes

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by Banmeallday: 9:12pm On May 07, 2019
Nigeria will not appreciate you nor allow you to rule lol
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by hisexcellency34: 9:49pm On May 07, 2019
See his head like second niger bridge
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by GLeesMODEL(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2019
Honourable Speaker of the House, RT Hon. Yakubu Dogara,

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by Sirjamo: 10:36pm On May 07, 2019
So a forty year old is young! You've got to be kidding me

4 Likes

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by Houseofglam7(f): 11:33pm On May 07, 2019
undecided
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by newproject(m): 9:18am On May 08, 2019
Youth are interested in the old men money
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by Nobody: 9:18am On May 08, 2019
This country is CLUELESS even the Old are young sad angry no wonder 1 buba that will still die is ruling this country..... lipsrsealed

Spit***

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by EKevin: 9:18am On May 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by tawioican: 9:19am On May 08, 2019
nice
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by debossng: 9:20am On May 08, 2019
N
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by balonaija(f): 9:21am On May 08, 2019
na wahala...
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by samcus(m): 9:23am On May 08, 2019
Police and DSS are raiding night clubs,while kidnappers are raiding Abuja-Kaduna highway.The IG is working hard and losing weight,useless government.
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by odomanis: 9:31am On May 08, 2019
Sirjamo:
So a forty year old is young!
You've got to be kidding me

To lead the struggle for younger people to be allowed to come on board. They intend to review the bill so that the ages will even be reduced further. According to him,if you can vote,you also can be voted for. Nwulu is not going back to the legislature so,he handed over to who is now going. The new guy is speaker of house of assembly who was reelected in 2015,this means he has done 8 years. This only means that he probably went into the state assembly at 33 years. The Nwulu ha done 4 years in National assembly and is 40,this means he went to house of rep at 36. If they are not young then,tell me who is young in Nigeria politics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by TANID(m): 9:48am On May 08, 2019
grin
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by Shikini: 10:39am On May 08, 2019
He is from Imo State, South East Nigeria ...

But, represented Lagos state, South West Nigeria in the National Assembly

As sponsor of the almighty "Not Too Young to Run Bill" I would say he made the most
impact among current parliamentarians representing Lagos in the current NASS.

Remember, he is from far away Imo State

But history will have it that a LAGOS Rep (not Imo) sponsored the 'Not too Young to Run Bill'

This is how it's done in western countries.

They go for anyone who can add value to their country irrespective of tribe or religion.

The repeated tribal fights in Lagos during elections are unnecessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by BRRR: 11:47am On May 08, 2019
Admin please do something about this bet naija guy on top
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by sifon1: 12:13pm On May 08, 2019
Are you looking for ways to how to earn money online daily? Look no more because I am here to teach you how to make genuine cash online. There are so many businesses you should invest your money into and reap the fruits of your labour within a short period of time. Making money online used to be hard in the past, but now with just your smart phone and your laptop you can earn a lot of money right from your home.

READ MORE http://trueincomeideas.us/earn-money-online-daily/
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by Zinny25(f): 4:50pm On May 08, 2019
I was in convergence 1.0 last year Dec in Abuja, I was hoping and praying to win in my constituency so I would attend this mind blowing conference but I didn't. Congratulations to all those that emerged this time, I believe more youths will emerge come 2023 and I will be among
Re: Not Too Young To Run: Nwulu Hands Over Historic Mantle At "The Convergence 2.0" by Momomola099: 4:55pm On May 08, 2019
[sup][/sup]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ganduje, Okorocha, Fashola, Others To Discuss Nigeria’s Unity / Aba 2016...pics / Buhari, APC Congratulates Festus Keyamo On His 49th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.