Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Vulunteer For Team Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vulunteer For Team Ribadu (861 Views)

PHOTOS-PDP'S Likely 2019 Pairing, Ribadu-Peter Obi At Thisday Event / PDP Behind Suicide Bombings In Nigeria – Ribadu / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by experts: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2010
It is possible,

Former EFCC Boss Mallam Nuhu Ribadu host young Nigerians from all 36 states of the federation including the Fct at the Reiz Continental Hotel in Abuja in a three days Camp named the TEAM RIBADU CAMP from 17th to 20th of september 2010.

The hall was agog with excitement. Chants of "It is Possible" filled the air like the raucous din of a victorious army. Yes, it was indeed a victorious army; an army of change agents, motivated by the desire to see a New Nigeria marked by the values of vision, integrity and competence. The venue was the Reizz Continental Hotel, Abuja. The event was the grand finale of Camp Ribadu, the 2-day intensive boot-camp for Ribadu volunteer coordinators from 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT; a heart-to-heart session with non other than Mallam Nuhu Ribadu himself.

Passion, strength, energy and possibilities filled the air as Nuhu charged the volunteers about the necessity and the possibility of building a New Nigeria. A nation where poverty is history, where electricity supply is no mystery; where security is a guarantee; and education is free. He told the crowd of his vision of a leadership that has the fear of God; that will do what is fair and right by the people regardless of the political cost. He promised a clean, open, honest, god-fearing and transparent leadership.

“A leader ought to be the reflection of his own people”, he said. It was impossible not to feel the thirst for change as he spoke.
The phrase “it is possible” reverberated within and outside the walls of the conference room. Above that however, the belief that a new Nigeria is attainable and achievable seemed emblazoned on the hearts of all those present as he spoke. His countenance beamed with enthusiasm, sincerity and force as he uttered the words: “Welcome to Nigeria…. Welcome to possibilities”.

With our nation’s fiftieth anniversary only a few days away, he said, this is the golden moment in our history; we will start writing our own story. The time has come for us Nigerians to put our feet down and get involved. The Nigeria we dream of is here. A country that can give justice, a country the young ones are ready to die for, a country to be proud of. That country he said “is happening today”.
Just like, Mahatma Ghandi became the symbol of non-violent civil disobedience against imperialism; Martin Luther King, the symbol of the civil rights movement; Nelson Mandela the symbol of the anti-apartheid movement; and Barack Obama the symbol of racial/ inter-faith unity and reconciliation; for those in that room, it was not hard to sense history in the making.

The aura of the atmosphere went far beyond the ordinariness of any political gathering; rather in this place, one could feel the birth of a new Nigerian identity. The words “the change will start when we start believing in ourselves” in his lips was certainly not the usual political clichés we have become tired of. It was a declaration of the inevitable change that has begun in Nigeria. For good or for ill, a fire was ignited in that hall; a fire that will rage into a blazing inferno of change and progress for the nation we love, Nigeria.

Nuhu Ribadu represents the symbol of that inferno of change that we need. The choice we have is to either help fan the flame, or be consumed by it. By recruiting one or many volunteers to team Ribadu or donating to the cause, we help fan the flame. The time is short. Let’s fan the flames!

Thank you very much, guys, for your intrest in this great vision.
As you may have heard or read, the State Coordintors of Team Ribadu Volunteer Group were inugurated in Abuja over the weekend. Please, names and contact addresses of State Cordinators would be sent to you in very soon.
Thank you and keep the fire of revolution burning in your hearts!

please join the team
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Topsido(m): 6:57pm On Sep 22, 2010
Yes, it is possible!
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by desgiezd(m): 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
Yes[b]

[size=25pt]I[/size][size=26pt]t[/size] [size=27pt]i[/size][size=28pt]s[/size] [size=29pt]p[/size][size=30pt]o[/size][size=31pt]s[/size][size=32pt]s[/size][size=33pt]i[/size][size=34pt]b[/size][size=35pt]l[/size][size=36pt]e[/size], [size=36pt]i[/size][size=35pt]t[/size] [size=34pt]i[/size][size=33pt]s[/size] [size=32pt]p[/size][size=31pt]o[/size][size=30pt]s[/size][size=29pt]s[/size][size=28pt]i[/size][size=27pt]b[/size][size=26pt]l[/size][size=25pt]e[/size][/b]
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by seanet02: 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2010
The Poster please check the title
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Deshola: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2010
Hi Expert.
Are you on FaceBook?
Will like to discuss your post on personally basis.
I am Team Ribadu member based in Abuja.
Kindly add me on FaceBook and indicate by leaving a message.
Deshola Komolafe.
Thank you!
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by experts: 10:16am On Nov 04, 2010
yes am on fb,

will add u now
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by lyfe(m): 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2010
I support Ribadu but I still have not considered ever voting, Reason is that, the existing situation of this country is comparable to what is obtainable in a failed nation because of one thing. CORRUPTION and its cousins nepotism,favoritism,hypocrisy,  which you are sure to find in the ruling party. PDP practice politics of pain, When I hear PDP the above is what comes to my mind, incongruous epileptic electricity, unrelenting mass unemployment among youths, unceremonious half-way project execution, astronomical contract patching and all those shits will still exist if PDP or Jonathan eventually rules, because people beside him are evil, the supporting governors are pain to the masses, paroling tax payers' money into their secret domain . You can be rest assured that Justice will be tempered with with the crop of AGF and EFCC, ICPC brouhaha we have today.

Ribadu is the only succor to the anomaly state of this arduous country and He stands better chance of moving Nigeria trajectically forward, he may not be excellent in economics but he has shown he has the will to make a change.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by marvix(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2010
I feel your enthusiasim, and i feel very pained that I have relocated from Abuja before this period, I would have been there but would have been there to give a candid advice to Ribadu.

Ribadu has a choice today either to become a Buhari or a Jonathan, he has a choice either to become an Oshiomole or a Pat Utomi.

If Ribadu contests the presidential elections in 2011, the best he can get is a second position, because when push comes to shove all elements of corruption will stand by the PDP if only to get Ribadu out of the way.

The PDP govt of Jonathan will now owe some corrupt individuals its victory in 2011 and that would be our albatross not the victory of the PDP or the loss of Ribadu, but the support of the corrupt cabal and godfathers whom we should all have put our hands on deck to bury.

Obama did not wake up to become president, neither did Ghandi, Luther king never became president, but his sacrifices is what gave birth to Obama.

Ribadu should please go to his senatorial district, team Ribadu, can be transported to his senatorial district and capture the district for him.

We need to see how much of politics Ribadu can play, is he a more vicious politician than IBb and Obj, we must see his reactions to issues as a senator, does he truly have respect for procedures, can he say no to the corruption in the senate, will he pitch his tent with us the masses or will he ride us riughshod with his colleagues in the chamber.

Would he be a blind party member at the senate or would his vote be one that will be highly lobbied because he would always stand on the side of truth.

Dimeji Bankole can never dream of becomin President because now we know what he is capable of, majority of our senators dont desrve a 2nd term they know this thats why they hinge their campaigns on building capacity.

The flames being fanned by team Ribadu will only consume the volunteers.

Ribadu belongs to the future, that future is not here yet, Jesus could never come before John the Baptist, just as Elisha could not come before Elijah, Ribadu and co pls put ur hands on deck and deliver Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for 2011, then by 2015, Ribadu should have matured.

That Ribadu is able to campaign today is a plus to GEJ.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2010
Pdp must go !
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by MaiSuya(m): 11:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
It's possible abi? well, make we see. . .
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by tarano: 12:07am On Nov 05, 2010
For Ribadu to win he needs to be more passionate about his ambition, then build political cells in each state,

e.g 1000 young people per state to build 100 political cell each, to start with,
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by 9icest: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2010
Count me in! Atleast this is a man who makes corrupt politicians tremble. He doesnt give them refuge like their co-criminal goodluck!
Ribadu 2011!
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by blinx4real(m): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2010
It is definitely Possible.

What the so called progressives should understand is that now is the time and more than ever to break the country from the clutches of anti-democratic forces that are fully embodied in the PDP.
Now that PDP is in tatters and they are clutching for the straws,

[size=20pt]My candid advice is that Ribadu and his team (if the original poster have any access to him, pass this across) should become more vocal in projecting the ISSUES and the progressive SOLUTION,  the days of "I am a better candidate" and "I am not as corrupt as him" campaign is gone and gone forever, because we realise that the only reason most politicians claim to be saints is simply because they haven't been close to the pot of meat[/size].

What we want to see and hear from RIBADU and co is how he proposes to solve the Power problem, the security issues, and how the educational system will be revived and not just songs of I am young and better. He needs to say it, he needs to shout it, he needs to be everywhere and speaking like never before. Obama did not win by just being young and cute, he spoke his heart out,  thats the way to win people's votes.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by ladi02(m): 11:36am On Nov 24, 2010
Any update on volunteering?

we need to ensure we tackle this evil called PDP angry
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by debeginin(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2010
Can Ribadu bring OBJ to book?if NO,then he is not d man 4 now,we then hv to look in d direction of Buhari.He's got d balls.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
What are Ribadu's credentials? Doing an okay job as EFCC chair does not qualify one for the exalted position of the presidency
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by udennaa: 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2010
ribadu is the man.i will not only vote,but also campaign for him.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by ladi02(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2010
debeginin:

Can Ribadu bring OBJ to book?if NO,then he is not d man 4 now,we then hv to look in d direction of Buhari.He's got d balls.
bermuda1:

What are Ribadu's credentials?  Doing an okay job as EFCC chair does not qualify one for the exalted position of the presidency

What did Jonathan do with the Seimens case, he could not even attempt to take them to court!

@bermuda so who has the credentials to be a Nigerian President? IBB?? Atiku?. . .u better wake up and fight for change from PDP
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Gayigaskia(m): 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2010
bermuda1:

What are Ribadu's credentials? Doing an okay job as EFCC chair does not qualify one for the exalted position of the presidency

what are B Obama and D Cameron credentials? They did not achieve as much what Ribadu achieved at EFCC
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2010
@Gaygaskia and Ladi02

Both sides of the same coin. Instead of you to answer question, you are countering be asking another question.

Ribadu has not proven himself in any managerial sphere. IBB and Atiku whether you like them or not have a track record you can judge them on. IBB was president for 8 years and Atiku was vice president for 4 years.

Obama was a senator before he bacame the President and Cameron was the leader of the opposition. They are career politicians

Ribadu was a policeman that became a government appointee of EFCC. He has no track record in politics.

Chasing Alamesigha and Dariye round europe does not qualify one to be a good president
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by ladi02(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2010
bermuda1:

@Gaygaskia and Ladi02

Both sides of the same coin. Instead of you to answer question, you are countering be asking another question.

Ribadu has not proven himself in any managerial sphere. IBB and Atiku whether you like them or not have a track record you can judge them on. IBB was president for 8 years and Atiku was vice president for 4 years.

Obama was a senator before he bacame the President and Cameron was the leader of the opposition. They are career politicians

Ribadu was a policeman that became a government appointee of EFCC. He has no track record in politics.

Chasing Alamesigha and Dariye round europe does not qualify one to be a good president

@bermuda1

guess you are not aware that the reason things are not working in Nigeria is corruption.

Guess you have also not considered what "experience" IBB or Atiku had before they became "good leaders" like you claim

I dont believe either men had proved themselves in politics prior to holding the positions they disgracefully held.

I hope i have answered your question, yes Ribadu was a policeman and later established EFCC as the organisation it is today! and he is no less able to become our President like the others who never had any political experience prior to their tenure.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by sbeezy8: 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2010
ribadu doesnt have what it takes

any sensible person knows THAT, someone who isnt even been a elected as LG chairman will become president
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by nethacker(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
bermuda1:

@Gaygaskia and Ladi02

u wrote well but u r daft, dat u r in politics for 100years doesnt make u a good leader. whether or not they hv track records or not,it's still not a guarantee dat they will make  good leaders.
How do we expect a different nigeria with this same set of Old scoundrels? only a fo.ol do d same things d same way, every time n expect a different result.
All they r saying is dat we need a fresh start and not these old,recycled,good-4-nothing,animals-in-starched agbada rascals turned politicians.  angry angry
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by rebranded(m): 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2010
sbeezy8:

ribadu doesnt have what it takes

My brother, so who has what it takes, pls exhibit to us your wisdom. . .

@bermuda
IBB was in the army, b4 he became HOS, similar to Ribadu working as a policeman and even heading EFCC from 2003-2007.

You guys amaze me, few months after you all vote PDP back, i am sure you will be back here complaining how wrong PDP is. . bla bla

For all you guys, Atiku was a customs officer before retiring and going into politics, neither did he start as governor or local govt chairman. So nobody can say Ribadu doesnt have what it takes to become President
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by sbeezy8: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
rebranded:

@bermuda
IBB was in the army, b4 he became HOS, similar to Ribadu working as a policeman and even heading EFCC from 2003-2007.

You guys amaze me, few months after you all vote PDP back, i am sure you will be back here complaining how wrong PDP is. . bla bla

For all you guys, Atiku was a customs officer before retiring and going into politics, neither did he start as governor or local govt chairman. So nobody can say Ribadu doesnt have what it takes to become President

donald duke + fashola type of characters you know people who have actually been Govs and Governed over people. Ribadu is not experience AT ALL.

AND ATIKU IS JUST A POOR EXAMPLE
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by nethacker(m): 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2010
rebranded:

@bermuda

Pls enlighten dat mumu up there wey dey say ribadu dnt hv wat it takes grin u r knowledgable jare my broda. i was abt to say d above. y is it hard for us to actually face reality  shocked
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by sbeezy8: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2010
nethacker:

Pls enlighten dat mumu up there wey dey say ribadu dnt hv wat it takes grin u r knowledgable jare my broda. i was abt to say d above. y is it hard for us to actually face reality shocked

na u be real fool. naija d only country where unexperienced goats can win votes from touts like you.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by nethacker(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2010
sbeezy8:

na u be real fool. naija d only country where[b] unexperienced goats [/b]can win votes from touts like you.
d bolded shows dat u r a newbie in 9ja politics grin who only needs attention. Get some life by going to read in ur library abt 9ja politics so dat u won't display ur ignorance here.
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2010
Na wa for this Nairaland sha, person make point people turn am to abuse

I will choose to answer only Ladi02 as he is the only one capable of having a mature discussion

I never said IBB and Atiku were good leaders. I said they have a track record you can judge them on. IBB was president for 8 years and Atiku was vice president for 8 years. For good or for Bad you can make an informed judgement of how their future will be by looking at their past

In most matured democracies, people who become presidents have usually been career politicians. They have contested elections and have held elective offices.

Ribadu hasneither contested an election or held an elective office. The only prominent position that he has held has been as a government appointee

This does not necessarily mean he will be a good or bad leader. However it means he lacks the necessary political experience that is required for the job
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by ladi02(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2010
@bermuda1

Sure Ribadu might not have the political experience like some other individuals, but note those individuals have not been able to bring about the change Nigeria needs. So its ok to say political experience does not mean you will be a good leader. Plus what we need now in Nigeria is someone that can get rid of corruption before it destroys us. Its because of corruption we dont have steady power, insecurity, flawed judicial system, lack of basic infrastructure in general!

Apart from that, we want CHANGE!, PDP has ruled us for the past 12yrs. We dont want their dirty party to rule us again, do u know how many politicians are deflecting from PDP. Their days are numbered!. . . we will campaign till everyone in the villages know how to use their votes to cause a change to their lives.

Vote Wisely, Vote Ribadu!
Re: Vulunteer For Team Ribadu by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2010
Time will tell how possible it could be

(1) (Reply)

Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe / A Repeat Of June 12 Happening Live In Ivory Coast. Poor Africa! / Time To Sack The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.