Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe (880 Views)

Attack On Jonathan: Oshiomhole Is A Villa Sycophant , Says Orubebe / I Regret My Action, Says Orubebe / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Ovularia: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2010
By Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe
I have read, with a deep sense of shock and disappointment,
allegations made against me in an on-line medium, claiming that I
attempted to bribe the leadership of the Save Nigeria Group, SNG,
after a visit with the president.

I find these allegations deeply distressing, and I am certain that the
highly respected Pastor Tunde Bakare must have been quoted out of
context. I am forced to react to these allegations only because I
would consider it an insult for anyone to attempt to bribe someone of
that stature, visiting with his group, and with, of all sums, 50,000
dollars.

True, a bribe is a bribe, no matter the sum. This is the reason why I
am all the more concerned and worried about these claims. What I
however find intriguing is that there is absolutely no reason to bribe
the Save Nigeria Group. When the body on its own volition rose to
challenge the sense of drift that had befallen the country over the
illness of our late leader, Mallam Umaru Musa Yar’adua, did anyone
bribe them?

So it is hard to believe that any right thinking person would attempt
to do so now.  If a bribe is intended to induce someone to either do
something, or to refrain from doing it, what in objective terms would
I need to bribe the SNG for at this time?

This is a false story that should be dismissed by all right thinking persons.

Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe,
Hon. Minister,
Ministry of Niger Delta.
29th November 2010.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/no-reason-bribe-sng-says-orubebe

Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2010
Now the "It wasnt me" has started.

I dey laugh like OBJ grin grin grin
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by 9ijaMan: 7:38pm On Nov 29, 2010
Me sef dey laugh o!
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Boboribo: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2010
Weak denial.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by youngmonie: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2010
some ppl crack me upp, ask urself one question, if it wer u would u admit it, dats just the simple question
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by 9ijaMan: 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2010
youngmonie:

some ppl crack me upp, ask urself one question, if it wer u would u admit it, dats just the simple question

We sure are no fools. I personally do not expect them to admit to such an act of corruption. At least the fact remains that they have not expressly denied not to have offered the bribe.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by safariman(m): 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2010
In order words, there could be a reason to bribe
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by igbobuigbo: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
But why would GEJ bribe SNG, at least at this point? He has yet to become the PDP candidate and SNG/Bakare has no hand in how he emerges the PDP candidate. I think either Sahara Destroyers are at it again or the FALSE prophet Bakare is lying as usual.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by 9ijaMan: 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

But why would GEJ bribe SNG, at least at this point? [/b]He has yet to become the PDP candidate and SNG/Bakare has no hand in how he emerges the PDP candidate. I think either [b]Sahara Destroyers are at it again or the FALSE prophet Bakare is lying as usual.
The simple reason is because GEJ is not smart. It's the same reason he rushed to falsely accuse IBB for the Oct. 1 bomb blast in Abuja, the same reason he's turning a blind eye to the anarchy in Ogun and Bauchi states where they currently have 2 speakers and 2 deputy governors respectively. It's the same reason he announced 9ja would no longer participate in FIFA organized competitions (before he rescinded), the very same reason he's supporting Uduaghan to return back as Governor of Delta state, the old same reason his government can approve the purchase of plastic bins from UK for almost 1billion Naira, and the same reason he's more of a FaceBook president who's preoccupation is his desperation to win the 2011 elections. I can go on and on. GEJ is desperate and will go to any length to return back to Aso rock in 2011.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by igochopurs(f): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2010
9ijaMan:

The simple reason is because GEJ is not smart. It's the same reason he rushed to falsely accuse IBB for the Oct. 1 bomb blast in Abuja, the same reason he's turning a blind eye to the anarchy in Ogun and Bauchi states where they currently have 2 speakers and 2 deputy governors respectively. It's the same reason he announced 9ja would no longer participate in FIFA organized competitions (before he rescinded), the very same reason he's supporting Uduaghan to return back as Governor of Delta state, the old same reason his government can approve the purchase of plastic bins from UK for almost 1billion Naira, and the same reason he's more of a FaceBook president who's preoccupation is his desperation to win the 2011 elections. I can go on and on. GEJ is desperate and will go to any length to return back to Aso rock in 2011. 

You make too many irrelevant comparisons.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Nsiman(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2010
All this is political, what was the sng's bribe aimed at? SNG through Bakare in october this year endorsed Buhari as their candidate for 2011.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2010

Reading this makes me belief ur either a mischief maker or plain dumb.
1. GEj never I repeat never accused IBB for the oct. 1 bomb blast, provide us with a proof of where he did that before spewing accusations unless you read the papers upside down.
2. Should he side one speaker against the other, this is a legal issue and should be resolved by the court not for the presidency to interfere, dullards like you shouted hoarsely when OBJ was interfering in state affairs now you have a president who doesn't and your still shouting.
3. He who pays the piper dictates the tune, why won't he interfere interfere in whats happening in the glass house, the FG provides most of the monies used to run football, should they sit down and watch while these monies are embezzled by the authorities there .
4. Did the appeal court say Uduaghan should not run for re-election, was that the judgement given ?, my bet you don't even know the judgement given that's why you saying he shouldn't support him.
5. Is there any proof of the governments importation of plastic bin for 1 billion naira, put your proof here before making wild claims and statements you cant substantiate.
6. Do you have an account on facebook ?---if you do then shut up and allow GEJ have too, FYI almost every world leader does and that's a way of reaching to the younger generation and letting them in on your stands and campaigns issues, if you don't know that's one place of reaching a wider audience but my bet your daftness doesn't allow you see this as a strategy, name one presidential aspirant in Nigeria who doesn't have a facebook page where he sells himself to the public.

Guy please don't exhibit your ignorance here----------------
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Boboribo: 9:29am On Nov 30, 2010
GEJ is so so desperate to prove that he too can win an election. I bet he is sick and tired of his supposed GOODLUCK.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by 9ijaMan: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2010
babasoty:

Reading this makes me belief your either a mischief maker or plain dumb.
1. GEj never I repeat never accused IBB for the oct. 1 bomb blast, provide us with a proof of where he did that before spewing accusations unless you read the papers upside down.
2. Should he side one speaker against the other, this is a legal issue and should be resolved by the court not for the presidency to interfere, dullards like you shouted hoarsely when OBJ was interfering in state affairs now you have a president who doesn't and your still shouting.
3. He who pays the piper dictates the tune, why won't he interfere interfere in whats happening in the glass house, the FG provides most of the monies used to run football, should they sit down and watch while these monies are embezzled by the authorities there .
4. Did the appeal court say Uduaghan should not run for re-election, was that the judgement given ?, my bet you don't even know the judgement given that's why you saying he shouldn't support him.
5. Is there any proof of the governments importation of plastic bin for 1 billion naira, put your proof here before making wild claims and statements you cant substantiate.
6. Do you have an account on facebook ?---if you do then shut up and allow GEJ have too, FYI almost every world leader does and that's a way of reaching to the younger generation and letting them in on your stands and campaigns issues, if you don't know that's one place of reaching a wider audience but my bet your daftness doesn't allow you see this as a strategy, name one presidential aspirant in Nigeria who doesn't have a facebook page where he sells himself to the public.

Guy please don't exhibit your ignorance here----------------
It's obvious you have problems with reading and/or comprehending. However, I will not stoop low to address your ignorance. Uduaghan is a known corrupt man why in hell would GEJ support a known thief, when he makes so much noise about fighting corruption? I stand to be corrected, the FEC under GEJ approved almost 1billion Naira for the purchase of garbage bins. See link below:
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/11458-fec-approves-n927m-for-fct-waste-bins-

In every know society democracy is a game of numbers. How come in Ogun state a group of 9 legislators are able to suspend 15 legislators? Your beloved GEJ clearly took sides with the minority group since it favors his ambition to have Gbenga Daniels as an ally. If you have no clue about the happenings in 9ja, I'd advice you simple read comments and stop exposing you warped cognitive content. Read and understand first before you shoot!
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2010
It's obvious you have problems with reading and/or comprehending. However, I will not stoop low to address your ignorance. Uduaghan is a known corrupt man why in hell would GEJ support a known thief, when he makes so much noise about fighting corruption? I stand to be corrected, the FEC under GEJ approved almost 1billion Naira for the purchase of garbage bins. See link below:
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/11458-fec-approves-n927m-for-fct-waste-bins-

In every know society democracy is a game of numbers. How come in Ogun state a group of 9 legislators are able to suspend 15 legislators? Your beloved GEJ clearly took sides with the minority group since it favors his ambition to have Gbenga Daniels as an ally. If you have no clue about the happenings in 9ja, I'd advice you simple read comments and stop exposing you warped cognitive content. Read and understand first before you shoot!

Did a competent court find Uduaghan corrupt, or is it your views about him, Did the election tribunal say Uduaghan should be banned from contesting because he is corrupt, man please use your brain "your innocent until proven guilty", if you have a case of corruption against Uduaghan go to court and prove it, that's what civilised people do and for your information the group of 15 and group of 9 are in court and that's the right thing to do not in the presidency meddling in it and for your information coker of the G9 has been declared speaker by a court www.coolfm.us/, /3718-ogun-state-high-court-declares-emmanuel-soyemi-coker-as-speaker-of-state-house-of-assembly - Cached it's now left for the egbetokun faction to appeal the judgement, that's how civilised people think and act, not expecting the president to meddle in it, as for your garbage bins story this was blown out of proportion by sahara reporters who find everything about GEJ as faulty, and while you were quick to shout at the waste bins issue you never read this part of the story
The minister said that the waste bins would be distributed to the residents of FCT, while the cost would be recovered within a period of two years through waste bills.
nor this
“Studies have shown that locally-produced plastic waste bins are very low in quality and not compatible with the lifting devices of the waste compacting trucks.

“The previous efforts by the board to address these problems did not yield the desired result.
neither this
Akunyili said that there was a budgetary provision of N1.1 billion in the FCT 2010 budget for the project.
your too quick to see the fact that they were spending for this but never quick to see that there was a way of getting back this monies nor see that it is in the budget of the fct. Guy use your head you don't have dummies up there in government like most of you think.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by igochopurs(f): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2010
Babasoty

They will soon label you as one of the benefactors of government because you dont share in their ill conceived arguments.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Blazay(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2010
See?
Atiku would have fessed up.
Nothing like a criminal with integrity.
God bless the white man and all super, world powers.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by DejiYesufu(m): 11:25am On Nov 30, 2010
Nsiman:

All this is political, what was the sng's bribe aimed at? SNG through Bakare in october this year endorsed Buhari as their candidate for 2011.
Please provide some link to the above .
For those who know Tunde Bakare well, he has of late being expressing his dissapointment in GEJ led govt., and SNG's visit to AsoRock was to give paper to that effect. Below find Yinka Odumakin's account of what really transpired:
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan%E2%80%99s-50000-bribe-another-sng-delegate-provides-more-details-orubebe-issues-denial
My thinking is that the GEJ govt. was setting up SNG so as to tarnish their reputation and show them to be people without integrity.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by igochopurs(f): 11:35am On Nov 30, 2010
If SaharaReporters have concrete evidence, why do they have to rely on stories from another website to buttress their point?
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 30, 2010
Please provide some link to the above .
For those who know Tunde Bakare well, he has of late being expressing his dissapointment in GEJ led govt., and SNG's visit to AsoRock was to give paper to that effect. Below find Yinka Odumakin's account of what really transpired:
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan%E2%80%99s-50000-bribe-another-sng-delegate-provides-more-details-orubebe-issues-denial
My thinking is that the GEJ govt. was setting up SNG so as to tarnish their reputation and show them to be people without integrity.

are they really people with integrity, wasn't there a case of fraud rocking them, wasn't tunde bakare suspended by a faction of this same organisation for alleged fraudulent activities http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news-update/9804.html?print , why did they accept it in Aso rock and later return it back after they took it to their hotel room? did an angel visit them? why didn't they stick to their guns in Aso rock and say no way we wont accept such a bribe ? would Orubebe had beaten them if they said no ?, was their any catch or appeal on them while the bribe was being handed to them?. All i see hear is a bunch of crooks too trying to discredit GEJ.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 30, 2010
Brilliant response.

Still find the story hard to believe
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Epiphany(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2010
Awwwww, my Nigerian people, let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Every 'innocent' gift is not a bribe o!

Is it not customary within our culture, to 'give' people transport money when they visit us and are returning to their origin? It is possible that this was NOT MEANT to be seen as a bribe, but as a gift of fellowship? A 'thank you' for taking the time out to visit? I fail to understand why Jonathan or whoever, will bribe a whole TUNDE BAKARE with $50,000 dollars. I mean, that is an insult - a mere 7000000 naira or thereabout? This is the kind of amount that Bakare and his people can raise in a second, When you want to 'bribe' someone, you first of all consider his status, personality and then offer something that you think will throw him off.

I sort of agree with Orubebe's statement.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by DejiYesufu(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2010
babasoty:

are they really people with integrity, wasn't there a case of fraud rocking them, wasn't tunde bakare suspended by a faction of this same organisation for alleged fraudulent activities http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news-update/9804.html?print , why did they accept it in Aso rock and later return it back after they took it to their hotel room? did an angel visit them? why didn't they stick to their guns in Aso rock and say no way we wont accept such a bribe ? would Orubebe had beaten them if they said no ?, was their any catch or appeal on them while the bribe was being handed to them?. All i see hear is a bunch of crooks too trying to discredit GEJ.
I read your link. Those who made the accusation were non-members of the SNG. The Pastor challenged them to substantiate (including Femi Falana), non of them did.
See Tunde Bakare has taken christian ministry to another level and that includes one in which we can hold our leaders (including himself responsible). Who would do that to some of our Pentecostal leaders today and they would not rain curses on you.
My position remains that GEJ is a corrupt man through and through and the God of heaven would not allow the misfortune of our being rulled by him for another 4 years.
Re: Saharareporters: "no Reason To Bribe Sng", Says Orubebe by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2010
I read your link. Those who made the accusation were non-members of the SNG. The Pastor challenged them to substantiate (including Femi Falana), non of them did.
See Tunde Bakare has taken christian ministry to another level and that includes one in which we can hold our leaders (including himself responsible). Who would do that to some of our Pentecostal leaders today and they would not rain curses on you.
My position remains that GEJ is a corrupt man through and through and the God of heaven would not allow the misfortune of our being rulled by him for another 4 years.

Yes I see the level, the level of prophesying the death of your president, and it never comes to pass, yes i see the level "Be equally yoked with unbelievers", like his little romance with Buhari, very new level indeed whatdoyathink, I'm waiting for the new prophesy he would receive concerning GEJ, abeg make i hear something jor, and for your info, You are not God, neither do you know his mind, remember ""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." Isaiah 55:8, so watch what you say before you start playing God like your man Bakare.

(1) (Reply)

Wikileaks: How Rice Influenced Gambari’s Sack From Burma / Bayo Ojo - As Governor, I’won’t Need Federal Allocation After 2 Years / Rigging Manual: The Height Of Collusion Bwn The Executive And The Legislature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.