Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar (14751 Views)

Again, Court Jails Six For Internet Fraud In Ilorin / Nigerian Criminologist Jailed By EFCC For Internet Fraud / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Vicdayz(m): 7:57pm On May 10, 2019
@Gistvic.com

Justice Fatun Riman of the Federal High Court sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, on Friday, May 10 2019, convicted and sentenced Daniel Iluobe, Ifeanyi Chukwudi Paul and Godwin Joseph Ovboke to two years imprisonment each, for internet fraud. Gistvic Reports.

Iluobe, while posing as a Chinese, Huang Guang, fraudulently sent electronic messages to a Chinese woman promising her marriage. He further demanded the sum of $200 which his victim sent to him via Western Union.

Ovboke falsely portrayed himself as Lancelot Degory, a United States citizen, and succeeded in defrauding one Cheow Lim of $1,400, after he lied to her that he was going to meet her in Singapore where they were supposed to get married.

Paul on the other hand claimed he was a Construction Engineer based in Syria, and under that guise, he succeeded in defrauding one Simone Cardoso of £600 (Six Hundred Pounds) with a false promise of marriage. Gistvic Reports.

The convicts were arraigned on separate charges and all three pleaded “guilty” to the one-count charge preferred against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The prosecution witness, Joseph Simon Akor, an EFCC operative, narrated how the convicts were arrested at different locations and on different dates, following intelligence gathered during surveillance.

He told the court that Paul was arrested on May 5, 2019 at his apartment on Charles Effiong Close, Satellite Town, Calabar, while Ovboke and Iluobe were arrested at Itagbor Agbeansa area of Calabar.

“During investigations, forensic analysis carried out on their laptops showed that they were into internet fraud as we saw all the electronic messages they used to dupe their victims,” he said.

See More:

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/05/fake-lovers-jailed-for-internet-fraud.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by delugajackson: 8:04pm On May 10, 2019
Good job by the EFCC.

They should start practicing how to eat watery beans.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 10, 2019
I bet all of them online were white wealthy men. grin

But I am wondering those women falling in love with US or UK men pictures and talking to these real men, would those women fall in love with these real men?, they are the same, only different face and skin.

5 Likes

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 10, 2019
Amazing lovers!
Nairalanders permit me to called them "Tag team"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Pabloosas(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2019
grin
Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Amuluonyenaego: 10:14pm On May 10, 2019
fake is written all over their faces grin

3 Likes

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by inoki247: 10:14pm On May 10, 2019
Me no understand Nigeria Law oh if u steal small na ur Judgement go wicked pass..

4 Likes

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by nairalanduseles: 10:15pm On May 10, 2019
We need to see arrest of people in public office misusing funds .......this is just ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by saintruky(m): 10:15pm On May 10, 2019
123JohnF:
I bet all of them online were white wealthy men. grin

But I am wondering those women falling in love with US or UK men pictures and talking to these real men, would those women fall in love with these real men?, they are the same, only different face and skin.

D answer my friend is blowing in d wind!! grin grin
Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Gabson001(m): 10:18pm On May 10, 2019
Yahoo boys don plenty pass client.. How we want talk this one?

4 Likes

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Queenboy123(m): 10:19pm On May 10, 2019
Indeed fake lovers

1 Like

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Trippledee(m): 10:20pm On May 10, 2019
grin
Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by owila4luv(m): 10:22pm On May 10, 2019
SO THIS THING STILL DEY WORK? they are smart sha!.
Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by MissRaine69(f): 10:27pm On May 10, 2019
That’s all one has to do? Promise marriage and money is sent to you?
In my next life I want to to be a man. Like seriously

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by BilliOne(m): 10:37pm On May 10, 2019
They were arrested in Calabar Cross River State. And tried in a federal court in Uyo Akwa Ibom State...haba.

The victims be like: am i a yahoo boy??(in naira marley voice).
Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Wetlands22: 12:31am On May 11, 2019
Rubbish!!!
Yet Nigeria senators are seeking for pension
EFCC no see that one
Make Ogun kill everybody for government

1 Like

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by anambraamaka: 1:26am On May 11, 2019
G boys
Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by Starman007: 4:44am On May 11, 2019
Association of Ncan... if I say FLA U say TI another say NO..... .....Daniel ILUOBE .....CHUKWUDI paul .....Godwin Joseph OVBOKE if u know u know
Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by basmur(m): 5:48am On May 11, 2019
Good job from the efcc....

Pls intensify your surveillance on their activities...

Yahoo boys.
No matter how hard you try to conceal your identity and fraudulent activities, always remember the world as a global village waxing stronger every minutes...

Dnt be surprise you maybe arrested at your doorstep

crime doesnt pay....
Say no to crime

1 Like

Re: Fake Lovers Jailed For Internet Fraud In Calabar by desmond2pk: 6:23am On May 11, 2019
Forensic my foot. As if there was a complain by anybody that they defrauded them.
You arrested kids based, beat them to agree that they are fraudsters. Stool their monies on pretense of investigation.
Then send them to court for stealing what you forced them to confess.
Its time for Nigeria lawyers to stand up and do their jobs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Okada Rider Beheaded In Benin By Suspected Ritual Killers / ‘I Stole Car To Build My House’ – Niger Car Thief / 60yr old Retired Police Officer In Court For Raping 2 Girls Aged 5 & 6 In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.