Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? (3558 Views)

What's The Highest Amount You Were Tipped For Running Errands As A Child / Name One Nairalander, You'd Love To Meet In Person. / Amazing Facts of the world You'd Want To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Seun(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2007
Hello there,

Are there any specific errands you find tiresome, and wish someone else would do for you? Assuming that person is trustworthy, courteous and doesn't demand too much money in exchange? Please list them for me.

Here is my own list of errands I'd be happy to outsource to a third party:
- Cooking and serving me a delicious meal with pineapple juice or ice cream 3 times a day.
- Cleaning my room without complaining about how untidy it happens to be all the time.
- Going to computer village Ikeja or Alaba market to buy items for me at the best prices.
- Connecting me to the best technicians close to my area for various petty jobs I may have.

What about you? Are there any petty jobs you would love someone to take off your hands? Tell us!

Thanks a million.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by diyobdw(f): 3:25pm On May 03, 2007
Yeah i love to outsource my petty stuff like:

- going to the market for food stuff
- Shopping at odumota,tejuoso,ketu & oshodi-when ever i have to
- If possible someone to make me a food timetable according to different moodsam so undecided when it come to what to eat undecided
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by rufaai(m): 3:26pm On May 03, 2007
Wooh,

for me its always everything, more pricisely

1. Wash my clothes, Iron them and take them to my room.

2. Clean my room and arrage every day, cuz am sort of a spoiler.

3. Really, I need someone to organise my schedule, I am mostly un-organised <Giggling>

These three really piss me off, I need someone to do them for me for that much little.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Seun(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2007
Wow, we are making progress. Let's have more responses, please.

Here's another: I wish someone could do most of the moderation for me. Removing spam, re-categorizing posts.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by uspry1(f): 4:29pm On May 03, 2007
I wish I am in Nigeria to do errands for someone who is clueless and unorganized person at part-time job---even better full-time job.

Prefer someone who is home-bound workaholic in system administration or business with technology industry, not have time for those errands, that's where I come in as personal assistant.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by diyobdw(f): 4:38pm On May 03, 2007
Seun:

Here's another: I wish someone could do most of the moderation for me. Removing spam, re-categorizing posts.
hmm, that sound intresting to me.

more errands?!
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by ish1(f): 5:00pm On May 03, 2007
as for me, i dont ve pains washing clothes but d ironing is d problem. i get tired easily doing that, dont why though.  undecided

the rest, like shopping, cooking, washing, etc are my hobbies
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Pamperme: 5:01pm On May 03, 2007
i need some one to be washing the heap of plates in my house every evening. It's so annoying coming home from work after the frustrating hold-ups and to meet a mountain of plates and no one to wash it.  I will give anything to see a clean sink  embarassed
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by lukkie(m): 5:05pm On May 03, 2007
how i wish  sad i could get someone to
-cook my meals
-clean all plates & anythin else
-clean the toilet & bathroom
-clean the furniture & d entire house  and
-wash my clothes (i enjoy ironing my own clothes when am chanced)
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by temmyabby(f): 5:25pm On May 03, 2007
do the dishes, do the laundry, get the food made, clean the house, change the beddings and yes, clean the bathroom and toilet grin
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by ronnieslimz(f): 5:36pm On May 03, 2007
-ironing
-to the market 4 food stuff i feel dizzy weneva im in d market
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by dollyp1cute(f): 5:46pm On May 03, 2007
I will like somone to

Do all my shopping (food, groceries, clothes and all accesories).
Co ordinate my wardrobe.
Iron my clothes (I hate ironing with a passion)
Sort my car out, know when it needs servicing, lift up the hood and check it sort of thing.
Wash my car
Plan holidays for me and fun days out for me.
Do all DIY especially plumbing.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by naijacutee(f): 6:27pm On May 03, 2007
I'm not at all demanding. I just need someone to tidy my room and do my coursework and I'll be fine.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by TEEZERO(m): 6:30pm On May 03, 2007
Essentially, what you guys have pointed out is that there are opportunities for Nigerians who wants to go into the business of sending errands for a little consideration. Where you can't DIY, then someone else should be able to do it.
I have always maintained that there are so many opportunities. Someone just has to see it.
In other words, there are jobs waiting to be done, so tell your younger brothers and sisters who are busy moving from one office to the other to think of how they can make themselve useful for others (or run errands with panache) and earn income in doing so.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Christino(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2007
LAUNDRY LAUNDRY LAUNDRY!!!

cooking? not important, washing of plates, plates don't even exist here., cleaning the room? clean what exactly?

wash the clothes and iron them grin that's all. and if you can, FEED the chickens wink
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by spora(m): 7:32pm On May 03, 2007
Men, I am not an organised person when it comes to arranging things.

1. I would want somebody to tidy up my rooms
2. The same to my office. Jesus! my table is always untidy. Sheet of paper everywhere
3. While I love to wash cloth (sometimes), I damned hate to iron them. I loath the chore.

I can't outsource my matrimonial duty though. Even if sometimes I dont feel like doing it, yet no vacancy in the department. grin grin
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 03, 2007
can't outsource my matrimonial duty though. Even if sometimes I don't feel like doing it, yet no vacancy in the department.

lol.

Personally I wish someone who could go and do my job daily and I'll pay them a pecentage of my salary!
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by xreal2(m): 7:40pm On May 03, 2007
for me its surely gonna be cooking and polishing/lacing ma shoes
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by busygirl(f): 8:26pm On May 03, 2007
i can cook very well, but i hate going to the market or shopping.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by hotangel2(f): 8:28pm On May 03, 2007
Really, What errand would i like someone else to run for me??

I am the type of person that feels it's not done right until i do it. Cleaning my room?? Wat exactly are you cleaning? It's always clean, even to extent that i'll know if you move a book from it's position.
Laundry and ironing? Well i always dry with 'permanent press'. So when my cloths come out the dryer, they are straight enough, and don't need ironing. I just hang them on the hanger and im done.
SHopping?? Ohh hell NO! I must do that myself. SHopping is fun for heaven's sake. Yes even for groceries.

One thing i know i'll pay someone to do though is do my dishes. Lord how i hate to wash plates, cups or anything that is washable in the zinc. It just pisses me off. And it gets worse to the point that when people come to our house and use plates i impose the "onikaluku wash your plate" law. Seriously!! Except of course the person is an important visitor or something or that nature.
And if too many dishes were used, i'll just pour it in the dish washer. Lord i dislike washing plates. I don't know why!!
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Agboola1(m): 9:24pm On May 03, 2007
the only solution is that u get a life partner now. all singles should get hooked with husband and wife then u can be sure of proper tidings. also get a maid
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by ricadelide(m): 9:35pm On May 03, 2007
mine would definitely have to be cooking. washing plates? No problem. Doing laundry? No wahala. Cooking? I NEED HELLPPP!!
And then, i wouldn't mind someone helping me to read huge loads of scientific literature I had to read, if only there was a way someone else could read for you!
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by IBBFan(m): 9:56pm On May 03, 2007
for now, someone to wash my clothes and on a few occasions, do the ironing. clean my finger nails at the sight of any dirt. type my posts on nairaland. do my PC work for me.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Christino(m): 11:45pm On May 03, 2007
@ IBB Fan
1. Same as mine, we can work together, pat my back i scratch your back
2. Get a good aboki with sterilized metals to do your manicure.
3. You need a speech to text engine, that's answered
4. You need automated "macro" programs not human beings.
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by Seun(m): 12:27am On May 04, 2007
"TEE ZERO":
Essentially, what you guys have pointed out is that there are opportunities for Nigerians
Exactly. All those crying "job", "job" should realize that this is "job" too and get cracking before we Microsoft the market!

babyosisi: Personally I wish someone who could go and do my job daily and I'll pay them a pecentage of my salary!
Sister, you must be in the wrong job. The whole point of this topic is to give you more time to do your job!

if only there was a way someone else could read for you!
There is. You could hire someone to read a complicated text for you and then break it down for you in simpler terms.

do my PC work for me.
You mean things like software installation, dealing with viruses and worms, et cetera. That's definitely a big need.

Any more contributions? I'm sure there must be something you wish someone else would do for you. Yes, you!
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by spoilt(f): 4:35am On May 04, 2007
i cant stand doing laundry. despite the availability of washing machines i prefer to handwash most of my precious clothes. i need a washerboy.

i need someone to wipe my floors every other day.
and lastly i need someone to wear a mask of my face and go to my job everyday and crunch those numbers and manage those client portfolios for me! grin
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by ghettochyk(f): 4:56am On May 04, 2007
i wish:
someone would do my housework for me
do my homework and study for me
get my degree for me :p
do my laundry
clean my room
cook my food, well, i only eat dinner at home
well, i dont need much, just a personal assistant, anyone know anyone dat might want it? pay starts a $6.50 an hour smiley
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by ChieFoH(m): 7:20am On May 04, 2007
1. BUY MY CONDOMS

2. READ AND 350 PAGES OF A THREAD ON NAIRALAND  I WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by hola2ng(m): 8:45am On May 04, 2007
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by hola2ng(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2007
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by IBBFan(m): 9:39am On May 04, 2007
Osewa, what's wrong in me saying i need someone to climb my future wife for me on fridays (when i'll be at spots chasing kokolettes) and sundays (when i want to remain pure and holy)?
Re: Errands You'd Like Someone Else To Run For You? by kellogs(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2007
Very interesting.For those of you that would like to get their clothes washed and ironed,have their dishes done,have sone go to the market for them,clean their house, etc,why dont u hire me to get it done for u,just for a token amt of money !! Anyone interested?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Horror On Lagos - Benin Expressway! (horrible Image!) / Twitter War: Uganda Vs Nigeria (snapshots) / The Meaning of 'Nairaland'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.