Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (68455 Views)

I Am No Longer In Love With My Husband That Brought Me To The UK - Lady (video) / “I Cheated On My Wife To Make Her Lose Weight” – Kenyan Man / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Konki: 6:43pm On May 11, 2019
erifeoluwasimi:
He is hurting and angry.give him time to heal.
Send important people he respects to plead on your behalf, like l pastors, friends etc

If you like, fall. From the sky with gold, all will never be the same again

She broke a marital oath. She did and the reward stares her at the face, face it ot face out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Ganjafama(m): 6:59pm On May 11, 2019
Chubhie:
Your husband lack compassion. That's too extreme from him. Regardless, you should stay strong. Its not the end of the world if your husband seeks divorce and wants nothing to do with the kids. You could go far away and start a new life with your kids.

Hopefully, you've learnt your lessons albeit in a very painful manner. Be open to love again. A man that matches your energy could come along and see you as the centre of his universe.
You are making it seem as if the man is bad. The lady deserve no pity. Imagine her saying she would love to fvck the colleague over and over again in her previous post . If the husband decides not to forgive, he has done nothing wrong. The woman is a dangerous person who needs to be disgraced.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 11, 2019
sisisioge:
Chai! You confessed! Lordylordy!

I always knew you weren't much of a bright woman, didn't know it was this bad. Well, take heart. Remember he wasn't so appealing to you before now. Simply gather yourself together and forge ahead.

You will be fine last last.

Habba, you sure say this no be FAKE story? Someone who can cheat codedly will not be so MUMU-ISH to spill the beans to her husband na.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Michelle55: 7:23pm On May 11, 2019
Chei.. Be strong dear.. Wa Wa alright laslas embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by DukeNija(m): 7:49pm On May 11, 2019
That colleague of yours will reap the rewards of his action. He won’t go scot free.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by greatcrown: 8:35pm On May 11, 2019
Honesty is still the best policy.

Stay strong, it will end well though I can't say when.

Don't follow him to your parents, beg him not to report you to your parents however if he's determined to doing thats ok.

If your parents call later to ask, just tell them you believe your husband won't lie against you and that some things in your opinion are expected to stay within married folks.

Ask them to forgive you for your shortcomings. Ask for their support as things are though emotional.

Be strong the Lord will see you through.

Remember to ask God for forgiveness and healing.

5 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by dirtycoin(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2019
Hmmm

Good thing you made the confession. You have to pay for your action/inaction. I only pity the children who will suffer the emotional and mental gap from not growing up in a home with both parents.

2 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by cvibe2: 9:21pm On May 11, 2019
This is what happens when you think you are having the best time of your life by riding the office dick. Now the office dick doesn't want you, your husband doesn't want you...what did you gain?

If you commit suicide, you kill your self for nothing.

Your husband was right to divorce you because you broke the marriage vows.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by cvibe2: 9:30pm On May 11, 2019
greatcrown:
Honesty is still the best policy.

Stay strong, it will end well though I can't say when.

Don't follow him to your parents, beg him not to report you to your parents however if he's determined to doing thats ok.

If your parents call later to ask, just tell them you believe your husband won't lie against you and that some things in your opinion are expected to stay within married folks.

Ask them to forgive you for your shortcomings. Ask for their support as things are though emotional.

Be strong the Lord will see you through.

Remember to ask God for forgiveness and healing.

Tell me why the husband should not report to her parents?

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by generationz(f): 10:18pm On May 11, 2019
z
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Okoyeebo: 10:25pm On May 11, 2019
This woman is not intelligent. All her actions are always dumb.

Opening legs like a prostitute. Dumb move
Telling her husband. Dumb move

12 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 11, 2019
generationz:
z

You berra speak your mind oh. Don't just be dropping Z Z Z like ZORO. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by mrjojo: 10:45pm On May 11, 2019
This was my post from the previous thread.

----------------//-/---------------------------------
You can't have it both ways, Prioritize sis, What is more important, Mind blowing sex or a loving husband who provide security and all. Be sincere with yourself. Note, this your new stud will eventually get tired of you, soon enough.

oh, one more thing, never EVER tell anyone about this, especially your husband, else kiss your marriage and peace of mind goodbye, Except u divorcing him for the "stallion"

----------------------------------------------------
You sure don't listen. Good luck, you will need alot of it.

5 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Vyolet(f): 10:47pm On May 11, 2019
Tallesty1:

On a serious note(assuming the story is true) what you did is just the right thing. Your husband will come back to his senses and if he has parents like mine, they will talk sense into his head and I am sure your parents will also plead on your behalf. Don't be scared to meet them, in fact you should call them(your parents) already. They will know how best to handle this.

If in the end he still refuses to take you back then move on, life goes on.

Omoluabi16:
Let him divorce you. But he will always respect you deep down. Peradventure he may accept you back. Your conscience is clear now..just see your travail as a consequence of getting that destructive pleasure. I salute you all the same. You did the right thing NY confessing.

OP, herein lies the best advice for you.

1. He may come back to you once he is calm but be rest assured that things will never be the same again no matter how much you try.

2. Take it as the consequence of the destructive act, an adulterous woman never wins in Nigeria, you have laid your bed, lay on it.

3. Pick the pieces of your life in time, whatever happens in the end, life goes on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Raalsalghul: 10:52pm On May 11, 2019
Marbella003:
I took some of the advice from my previous thread and told my husband what happened. Here is the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/5162191/cheated-husband-guy-work-dont

I was genuine shedding tears as I relayed my shameful experience to him. I apologized and begged for him to forgive me and I promised to never repeat such again. I thought he'd understand and forgive me. But I was wrong. My husband now wants a divorce. Actually, he has sent me and the kids out of his house. I have a daughter who is 4 and a son who is 2. My husband said he doesn't think he is the father. I assured him that he is and that he should get a DNA test to confirm. But he refused.

I rented a 2 bedroom flat somewhere close to my office. This is where I currently stay. Since leaving my husband's house I have only received a phone call from him where he stated the date that he and I were going to visit my parents who are currently in my village. He told me that if I wasn't going to come, he'd go alone and tell them what happened and why he decided to divorce me.

I feel like my life is over. I can't face my parents and tell them what I've done. It's very shameful. I can't even face my friends and relations. I feel like I'm drowning a pool of shame and despair. I can't imagine being a single mother at this age. I love my husband and I enjoyed our marriage. I can't imagine it all being over.

I called my colleague and told him everything. He said that I shouldn't hold him responsible for anything since our rendezvous was based on mutual consent. He said he doesn't want to have anything to with me and we should keep our relationship at work very platonic so as not to raise eyebrows of those who might link him to what happened with me.

I'm utterly hopeless. I feel like taking my life. I almost took this action yesterday but I pitied my children. But with every passing day I feel like suicide is the only way to end my pain. I wish I had listened to those people who advised me to keep what I did a secret. I wanted to, but every time I was with my husband I felt I was constantly betraying him by hiding the truth from him. I just want to die. I can't bare this pain anymore.
Why are you heartbroken? Did you expect the man to kiss and makeup. I would have done the same thing he did (maybe not sending the children away). Look at the bright side though: you're free to go after dudes who can give you that mind blowing sex you've been looking for.
Stop all this pity party. It was quite glaring you were still going to cheat on your husband with that dude.
If you ask me, the divorce will give that free reins.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by generationz(f): 10:53pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

You berra speak your mind oh. Don't just be dropping Z Z Z like ZORO. cheesy cheesy cheesy

ahahahah

I actually typed something very long but decided to cancel it when I realized the story might be fake.

Are you IBO?
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Raalsalghul: 10:55pm On May 11, 2019
Amanee:
Not everything works out as planned, you should have also prepared for this outcome when you decided to confess... I think you should be more concerned with your peace of mind now that you've fessed up than any fake bliss you were enjoying. You did the right thing by confessing and if your marriage has to end for it, then so be it. Take this as a crucial lesson and move on

1 Like

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Raalsalghul: 10:58pm On May 11, 2019
Beckham14:
When you were spreading your legs like blue band you never thought of the love you had for that innocent man who put a roof over your head, you never thought of the "marriage" you wish to protect, Now you have lost the trust your parents had for you, and might as well lose the love of your kids when your "ex" husband tells them how promiscuous their mother is and how adventurous she can be with the dick in an hotel room.
Some mistakes are avoidable and you don't have any excuse to give for this silly mistake you brought upon yourself.
May God bless that your "ex" husband for handling that heart shattering news with such calmness, not all men can wait till you finish your sexcapdes without registering some thunderous blows on your face.
The m0ron who fuucked you like a cheap slut has dump you like a piece of trash.
Before you think of killing yourself by yourself, take those innocent children to your parents. I won't stop you from doing what you feel best for you, After all, you didn't seek for our opinions when you wanted to collect the dick.
Put yourself together and accept your fate.
Rest well.
Guy pity am na.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 11, 2019
generationz:

ahahahah

I actually typed something very long but decided to cancel it when I realized the story might be fake.

Are you IBO?

Story is obviously Fake. The emotions running in a woman mind who tells her husband the truth & now asking for Divorce will not allow her to even post it online anymore. No, I'm Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Raalsalghul: 11:02pm On May 11, 2019
Tallesty1:
I don't understand, you stated clearly in the previous post that you'd love to shag that guy over and over again right? Now the opportunity is standing right before you and you're complaining.

Go get more fvck. You need it.

And while on it, please remember that you're on your own in this life. All those feminists that encourage women to fvck because men fvck won't come to your aid now that everything about you is fvcked, both your life and pussy.

On a serious note(assuming the story is true) what you did is just the right thing. Your husband will come back to his senses and if he has parents like mine, they will talk sense into his head and I am sure your parents will also plead on your behalf. Don't be scared to meet them, in fact you should call them(your parents) already. They will know how best to handle this.

If in the end he still refuses to take you back then move on, life goes on.
That your "go get more fuvk part" sha got cracked me up. You ask me, she shouldn't beg because I don't think she loves him. This is an opportunity for her to fulfill her sexual fantasies.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by generationz(f): 11:12pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

Story is obviously Fake. The emotions running in a woman mind who tells her husband the truth & now asking for Divorce will not allow her to even post it online anymore. No, I'm Yoruba.

Exactly

I wonder what makes people come up with such stories.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 11, 2019
generationz:

Exactly

I wonder what makes people come up with such stories.

Because they're paid by Seun to write stories & make Nairaland a fun place. Who do you think hire fiction writers?

9 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by generationz(f): 11:35pm On May 11, 2019
truthsayer009:

Because they're paid by Seun to write stories & make Nairaland a fun place. Who do you think hire fiction writers?

Hmmm

Quite possible

Well most are terrible at it.

Imagine telling us she rented an apartment in eleven days and moved in.

How did you discover this?
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Khaleell001(m): 11:35pm On May 11, 2019
This is why I don't like office interaction especially when it involves two opposite sex.
No matter the faith you have it will whittle down in no time.
We can't pretend that these things do not happen.

People should try to be less interactive with the opposite sex lest they fall into that which will destroy

I hope you come out if this better and stronger.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Khaleell001(m): 11:48pm On May 11, 2019
DukeNija:
That colleague of yours will reap the rewards of his action. He won’t go scot free.

stop making it sound as if they guy was only guilty.

We condemn both for their illicit affair.
We just live in a crazy world were things as sacred as sex is so cheap that even the chaste ones are fast becoming endangered species.

Na only prayer and very strict discipline dey save person these days.

3 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by walex2(m): 11:56pm On May 11, 2019
9japrof:
grin grin

Infidelity never ends well, when you posted your first story line, about cheating on your husband with a colleague and keep wishing that you would have a repeat of it, I then knew you were a certified fool...

You are a bloody leach, you left guys of late 20's and early 30's to marry a money bag whose age difference with yours is 20 years and you think you would remain attracted to him, that's why ladies like you, tonto and Regina would always have a very bad pay day, story lines like your never end well... you are a bloody gold digger, subtract ur Hubby's deep pockets, would you have married him, ask yourself that question?

To cap it off, you are way way dumb, as much as I hate infidelity, if my wife should by lapse judgement engage in one, she better keep it to herself cos if she tells, she's going that day...

God bless that man for saving him from Jezebel

***buh why is it when you people wanna make senseless posts about una nonsense acts, you quickly create a new profile to hide your true identity since you idiots paint a near perfect life on your original profiles***

I like your submission, some issues are better being kept secret than being said. if your pastor confess most of their past deeds we will stop going to church. better to have confession with God and forsake our old ways. no man can forgive a cheating wife the wounds never get healed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Nobody: 1:28am On May 12, 2019
Allow him to heal...give it time! Meanwhile, na God dey forgive sins o, you shouldn't have told him. Just confess to God and genuinely repent..
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by DeeMain(m): 2:31am On May 12, 2019
I really feel for you that it came to this. I tried to warn you in my posts on that thread but the tell-him-mob drowned the thread. Such things require wisdom.

Here is what I wrote in one of my replies to one of the tell-him proponents:

I do not support cheating in any guise neither do I support the lynching pharisees of this world. Let her go to God and ask for wisdom. She might tell her husband and the man murders her or divorces her or hates her forever. She might go to God in genuine repentance and confess her sins and ask for mercy and turn out to be the best wife ever. Let her seek wisdom.

Unless you can provide a biblical basis for your assertion that she must confess to her husband to be forgiven by God then this debate is over.

Not many men can handle confessions of sexual indiscretion from girlfriends not to talk of wife. Imagine how mercilessly Nairaland judged you in that thread. That should have given you a clue.

Yes, confessing such could get you killed because of a sudden forceful lethal impulse in humans called crime of passion. Also for you to have chosen to tell him you should have counted the cost but it seems you didn't or did not really know your man like you thought you did.

And sadly the world will judge you very harshly. That is the truth.

Now, what do you do? Let's think solutions.

You need help now. Go and see a therapist to help you let go the emotional turmoil or a trusted pastor that can help you overcome this spiritually. Please, do not make the mistake of trying to handle this on your own. Do not take your life please. Seek help now before you snap. May God help you.

If you don't know how to proceed, you can contact me by responding here or sending me a pm. it's not the end of the world. You can still make lemonades when life gives you lemons but first you need to take responsibility for your mistakes and confront life head on. You can still win. Yes, you can.

Best wishes.

6 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by cococandy(f): 5:12am On May 12, 2019
Super story
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by cococandy(f): 5:14am On May 12, 2019
Is there something else paining you or is it someone else’s fictional vagina that she used to fvck a fictional dyck that’s got you in a hyperventilation mode

shocked
Beckham14:
When you were spreading your legs like blue band you never thought of the love you had for that innocent man who put a roof over your head, you never thought of the "marriage" you wish to protect, Now you have lost the trust your parents had for you, and might as well lose the love of your kids when your "ex" husband tells them how promiscuous their mother is and how adventurous she can be with the dick in an hotel room.
Some mistakes are avoidable and you don't have any excuse to give for this silly mistake you brought upon yourself.
May God bless that your "ex" husband for handling that heart shattering news with such calmness, not all men can wait till you finish your sexcapdes without registering some thunderous blows on your face.
The m0ron who fuucked you like a cheap slut has dump you like a piece of trash.
Before you think of killing yourself by yourself, take those innocent children to your parents. I won't stop you from doing what you feel best for you, After all, you didn't seek for our opinions when you wanted to collect the dick.
Put yourself together and accept your fate.
Rest well.

9 Likes

Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by cococandy(f): 5:15am On May 12, 2019
I didn’t even read your post before typing.

lol
rafhell:
Something tells me the OP is a big liar.
Let us read between the lines. You put out your post 11 days ago asking for advice. In eleven days, all these drama had played out.
You even got a 2 bedroom accommodation close to your work place and you already moved in with the kids.
Madam or whoever you are, not everybody on nairaland is daft.
Re: I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. by Nobody: 6:43am On May 12, 2019
generationz:

Hmmm

Quite possible

Well most are terrible at it.

Imagine telling us she rented an apartment in eleven days and moved in.

How did you discover this?

I actually knew a long time ago because a lot of stories do not add up. Last year I compared 5 stories & and the reply threads just like this one. I know its obviously fake.

Same method Instagram pages like Break up or Make up, JORO, TundeEdnut etc are using.

Most of their stories are Fake.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

11 Secrets Man Should Never Reveal To His Wife / Man Whose Wife Died Chasing Side Chick Is Not Dead. He Was In Coma / A Millionaires House Boy Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.