Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,922 members, 7,810,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

“Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi (14706 Views)

Why Are Politicians Not Cutting Ponmo, Frying Akara, Plaiting Hair This Campaign / Al-Mustapha: How Abacha Died! Didn’t Die After Eating Apples From Prostitutes / Gumi: Biafra & Oduduwa Agitators Are Miscreants Not Different From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by ahmedkoded95(m): 6:57pm On May 11, 2019
The revered Kaduna based Islamic cleric, Shiekh (Dr) Ahmad Gumi on Friday averred that there is no difference between a politician and a prostitute particularly those who jump from one political party to another.

According to the Islamic cleric who was asked if they (Islamic Clerics) have any influencing powers on politicians particularly those who are Muslims, said “Most politicians lack ideology and that is why they jump from one political party to another and there is no difference between them and the prostitutes” he stressed.

Sheikh Gumi responded to the question from an audience of majorly seminarians and Catholic priests shortly after delivering a paper at the ongoing second theology week organized by the Good Shepherd Major Seminary in Kaduna.

He said, clerics give counsel when necessary but while some politicians will take to the counsel, others do not for reasons best known to them.

On his paper titled, “Preaching and conscience formation of society in Islam’ said, ” Islam coming almost 600years after Christianity. As another system of values, logically has a stand about the other established religions before it.

First and foremost, it recognizes the unity in the foundation of the Abrahamic theological faith of monotheism. It recognizes the prophets and their revelations, and therefore encourages dialogue and discussions by way of persuasions not arguments”.

He posited therefore that not everybody in the society is a believer, adding that to compliment preaching in molding the conscience of its adherence, Islam has employed to other basic approaches to personality and character engineering which has influenced the world subsequently during its era of spread and expansion.

He stressed that the role of homilies in the conscience formation can never be over stated, adding that the society needs to be constantly reminded of its obligation towards God and Man, but lamented however that it is evident that the society is deviating and becoming Kore and more resistance to positive change andnregusing to listen to sermons.

” By increasing intelligence, personal interest is overriding societal and collective benefit because of lack of wisdom. There is a loss of reference and moral compass to guide our conscience. Fake reformers with.seductive slogans taking the.stage, their fruitsbas bitter as gall with little or no option left.

” With vices on the rise, vices of every nature known and unknown, kidnappings, rape, ritual murders etc, genueine men of truth should stand out as the moral voice of sajitu in defiance to injustice, prejudice, bigotry, hunger and share evil” he admonished.

He said, Muslims should adhere to their religious devotion but adopt the persuasion methodology in the changing world of conflicting interests. “The non Muslims should sew Islam as another system of values, the modern world cannot survive from the scourged of societal ills without its recognition and acceptance as another solution to salvage mankind”.

Responding to the paper presentation, Father Chukwunweike Emehel said, there is no gain saying the fact that is a correlation between the mills of any given society and the sense of moral obligation of those who form part of that society.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/leadership.ng/2019/05/10/politicians-not-different-from-prostitutes-sheikh-gumi/amp/

2 Likes

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by jimi4us: 7:03pm On May 11, 2019
Buhari is a beast waiting to end in hell soon. Cunning old bastard

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by aolawale025: 7:30pm On May 11, 2019
One of the few truthful ones left

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Amuocha: 8:45pm On May 11, 2019
Tinubu sef sad

"The revered Kaduna based Islamic cleric, Shiekh (Dr) Ahmad Gumi on Friday averred that there is no difference between a politician and a prostitute particularly those who jump from one political party to another."

AD
AC
ACN
APC

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Bossgirl733: 8:46pm On May 11, 2019
Tell them

See My Signature grin grin

1 Like

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by AntiWailer: 8:46pm On May 11, 2019
Dnt insult prostitutes

Prostitutes work for their money these useless politicians don't.

Prostitutes are fearless. Stay on the road midnight, enter a stranger's car without fear. Dino Melaye run climb tree.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by HeWrites(m): 8:46pm On May 11, 2019
The only Gumi I know is in South Korea! angry
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by AgroSeeds: 8:47pm On May 11, 2019
Wow. Is that not too harsh coming from a revered sheik? Anyways, what do I know. This is Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Give Me 10k And I Give You All These Gadgets.

The Gadgets are

A Universal Wireless MIFI Modem Or Wireless Internet Router

A Nokia Torch

A Bluetooth, FM, Radio Player

An 8 GB Sandisk Memory Card For The Player Above

If Interested, Call/Chat me up on 08135880923 or 09090907136

All are 100% functional. If You buy them and there is an issue, I offer a money back guarantee. Thanks a lot.

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by rawtouch: 8:48pm On May 11, 2019
gba, nor be lie
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by kolafolabi(m): 8:48pm On May 11, 2019
Birds of the same feather

1 Like

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by thesicilian: 8:48pm On May 11, 2019
Nigeria is a failed state being managed by failures .
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Actuarydeji(m): 8:49pm On May 11, 2019
That's the truth. May God save us
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Omaniriyals: 8:50pm On May 11, 2019
Lalalatuca
APC for life
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by fecta: 8:50pm On May 11, 2019
They are different ooo.

Prostitutes have sex with us for money

Politicians rape us and still collect our Money.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Kasali226(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2019
Awon slay Grandpa With Slay Mother grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:52pm On May 11, 2019
jimi4us:
Buhari is a beast waiting to end in hell soon
And he will take you along

5 Likes

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Queenboy123(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2019
jimi4us:

Bole
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Ayoswit(f): 8:54pm On May 11, 2019
Abi o
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 11, 2019
Okay....

Check my signature below jhor
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by etrouble: 8:58pm On May 11, 2019
jimi4us:

Where will you lazy youth end? In prison or, and in hell?
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by ednut1(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2019
A prostitute gets paid and give u a service. What does a politician do
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by adem30: 8:59pm On May 11, 2019
So you know this? Yet you dey follow Atiku about.

Your day done dey break

3 Likes

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Sabaru21(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2019
As the members of comments reading association (CRA) I am here only to read comments. Please make your comments short and simple. We do appreciate your typing effort. Please also look your spelling. Thank you have nice night ahead.

1 Like

Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Gazzy88(m): 9:02pm On May 11, 2019
AgroSeeds:
Wow. Is that not too harsh coming from a revered sheik? Anyways, what do I know. This is Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Give Me 10k And I Give You All These Gadgets.

The Gadgets are

A Universal Wireless MIFI Modem Or Wireless Internet Router

A Nokia Torch

A Bluetooth, FM, Radio Player

An 8 GB Sandisk Memory Card For The Player Above

If Interested, Call/Chat me up on 08135880923 or 09090907136

All are 100% functional. If You buy them and there is an issue, I offer a money back guarantee. Thanks a lot.
where are you based?
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:04pm On May 11, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: “Politicians Not Different From Prostitutes” – Sheikh Gumi by Kelklein(m): 9:07pm On May 11, 2019
Apt analogy..

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Kidnappers, Zealots & Rebels Are Making Nigeria Ungovernable - Economist UK / Kano Govt Reacts To Attempts To Bribe Tribunal Judge, Accuses Ganduje / Nigerians Are Free To Video, Take Photos Of Police Officers On Duty, Says PPRO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.