Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Basic Airline /nato Phonetic Alphabets - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Basic Airline /nato Phonetic Alphabets (1126 Views)

What's The Seats Layout In An Airline? / Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers / Dana Air Emerges Nigerian Airline Of The Year, Partners Zowasel For Guests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basic Airline /nato Phonetic Alphabets by ITGTRAVELS: 3:23pm On May 13, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I welcome you all to this thread, I would be sharing my ideas and my knowledge on Travel/tours/ticketing/visa and Travel insurance on this PAGE...Kindly follow me and lets all learn and share ideas.

The Nato Phonetic Alphabet, also sometimes referred to as Alpha Bravo Charlie is actually officially called the International Radiotelephony Spelling Alphabet. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) created code words that it connected to the letters of the English alphabet.

The purpose of the Alpha Bravo Charlie code was to allow individuals who were communicating by radio or telephone to understand each other even if the means of communication was not high quality.

There 26 code words in the NATO phonetic alphabet. Each one correlates the 26 letters of the English alphanet.

Letter Code Word Pronunciation:
A Alpha Al fah
B Bravo Brah Voh
C Charlie Char Lee
D Delta Dell Tah
E Echo Eck Oh
F Foxtrot Foks Trot
G Golf Golf
H Hotel Hoh Tell (FAA, IMO, ITU) Ho Tell (ICAO)
I India In Dee Ah
J Juliett Jew Lee Ett
K Kilo Key Loh
L Lima Lee Mah
M Mike Mike
N November No Vem Ber
O Oscar Oss Car
P Papa Pah Pah
Q Quebec Keh Beck
R Romeo Row Me Oh
S Sierra See Air Ah (FAA) See Air Rah (ICAO, IMO, ITU)
T Tango Tang Go
U Uniform You Nee Form
V Victor Vik Tah
W Whiskey Wiss Key
X X Ray Ecks Ray
Y Yankee Yang Key
Z Zulu Zoo Loo

Source:http://www.alphabravocharlie.info/alphabet.php

cc: DisGuy

justwise

notable mentions

Explorers

autojosh

(1) (Reply)

Planning To Enter Dubai Nov 8th...anybody Else Going? / BREAKING: Nigerian Man Wanted For Murder Of Missing Woman In Houston Texas -pics / To Russia With Love With My Condolences As Russian Plane Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.