Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,080 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Snake In My Roof - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Snake In My Roof (61770 Views)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake In My Roof by kemmylove101: 10:36pm On May 19, 2019
aminusodiq:
boil 2 or 3 eggs... stuff them with needles, needles long enough... throw them in ur ceiling.... thank me later!!!
aye le
Re: Snake In My Roof by Damfostopper(m): 10:37pm On May 19, 2019
snake...... ha... no no no.... I no fit sleep if I noticed....yu tried o.... even after noticing... you still dey....... no be me and you..... is either i leave the house for yu or yu leave the house for me.... the later can't happen.....

even when something dey eat ceilling which am sure is rat.... I dey always dey alert 24/7
Re: Snake In My Roof by bentwood85(m): 10:37pm On May 19, 2019
Omihanifa:
If what you are saying is the truth then the snake is not ordinary undecided it's more of a spiritual issue than fumigation sad angry

Mumu post.... stupid thinking...

people like you can never progress....
pastors go Bleep your wife well...

Go to hell with your spirituality..

4 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by MrHim(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2019
What kind of illetrate is this? You want to fumigate your house, do you think this is some average rodent?

Get a professional snake catcher or if you can't afford one, get those malam to come help you get rid of it. You don't know what species it is, could be a constrictor or a freaking cobra or mamba, and one bite can be fatal.

Moreover, why will you live with something as terrible as a snake for two whole years without finding a solution? You guys will just be doing and living anyhow!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by Viking007(m): 10:38pm On May 19, 2019
Centrallock:
can snake live inside the toilet water system mine is always open but always neat
Yes. A kid in my church died recently due to snake bites. He went to poo not knowing a snake was hiding inside the toilet.
Re: Snake In My Roof by Bbbwings: 10:39pm On May 19, 2019
Gofwane:
cheesy cheesy cheesy so many funny comments. Someone even said it may not be a snake but a reptile. Shey snake no be reptile ni??
You see am
cheesy cheesy grin
Nler heh
Re: Snake In My Roof by Omihanifa: 10:44pm On May 19, 2019
bentwood85:

Mumu post.... stupid thinking...

people like you can never progress....
pastors go Bleep your wife well...

Go to hell with your spirituality..

You are a bastard undecided nah you no go progress in all your ways and hutsle ( the Agege bread you are selling)

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by All4good: 10:45pm On May 19, 2019
iamharkinwaley:

Good Pm Op, Any development yet ?

So I doubt if it's a snake that keeps making noise in your ceiling. My reasons, If I read correctly you said it shed its skin.

You probably don't know this before but I'll tell you, Snakes when they shed there skins moves far away as fast as possible from that spot. They can't come back anymore, that's fact and you can confirm from elderly ones, they'll tell you more, Unless another snake came in to start causing tantrums up in your ceiling but the one that shed its skin is gone... I'll advice to confirm your claims, know what is up there, if you can't call on someone or people that will.

Peace

This is correct. Obviously not the same snake that shed its skin. Maybe another snake has entered.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Auladimeji(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2019
I'm waiting for an update, stingy man
Call Hausa snake charmer?No na olode wey no get experience you go call because you no won spend 10k
I pray make the snake enter your trouser.Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by All4good: 10:53pm On May 19, 2019
sircrabo:
Where we lived before at Ipaja, Lagos, we had same issue. At night, we do hear a sound from the ceiling like an over grown chicken. attimes it will crawl inside the ceiling at night.

we bought bitter kola and grinded some. we threw the grinded ones and the ungrinded ones (the seeds) into the ceiling from both ends of the roof. That week alone we saw three dead snakes lying on the floor in our compound. but there was a louder noise we felt could be a bigger snake. we didn't get to sniff it out till we moved out.

You can fumigate the compound and tell them to spray the chemical inside the ceilig through any hole in the ceiling.

Kerosene also deals with snakes at point of contact
I know this to be very true because it worked for me. Prior to placing bitter Kola around my compound, I used to sight snakes almost every week. Though I didn't see any dead ones I was told it would make them leave the area and they did.
Re: Snake In My Roof by abijaofficial(m): 10:56pm On May 19, 2019
BURN DOWN THE HOUSE . the snake will die .

3 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by IamSoProlific: 10:57pm On May 19, 2019
ThePsychopath:

LMAO see someone that was just praying!

I know say u go talk am, as if u no go talk if I talk otherwise. Go jare!

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by ThePsychopath(f): 10:59pm On May 19, 2019
IamSoProlific:

I know say u go talk am, as if u no go talk if I talk otherwise. Go jare!

Heheheheh better find out what's making noise and chase/kill it. Jesus was the son of a carpenter, not a hunter.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by blessedvisky(m): 11:02pm On May 19, 2019
This one that OP hasn't updated hope it's not what I'm thinking oo shocked sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by ThePsychopath(f): 11:04pm On May 19, 2019
blessedvisky:

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by TempleHouse: 11:08pm On May 19, 2019
It must be your great grandfather that came back in another form. Pray !

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by All4good: 11:10pm On May 19, 2019
xavuv:
Hello everyone,

There is snake living in my roof. It has been over 2 years now the reptile has been living in there. I first noticed it sometimes in 2017 when i saw snake skin in my roof. I have blocked all entry holes for lizard and the likes thinking the snake would die or leave due to starvation ....but it didnt leave and the snake seems to be thriving in there. I dont know what its eating.

I taught of fumigation but i think the snake can escape the fumigation odor because it can easily hide in the deep block holes.

I cant go in there, as am writing this i can hear the snake moving all about in my attic.

What can i do to get rid of it?

MODS: If its not too much i want this in front page for better audience or opinions.
You are so brave to have continued leaving in that house thinking there is a snake (an adult one self) in the roof and you have not done anything for 2years. God is faithful indeed. But you can handle this yourself with knowledge.
First throw some bitter Kola inside your house and outside to scare snakes away. Petrol and carbide already suggested will do same. But they are not quite safe handling.
I usually keep a small ragolis bottle of petrol to act as a spray on snakes once sighted. If the petrol touches them, it weakens them and you can easily approach and kill them.
You can apply some petrol on your clothes and get into that roof with some bitter Kola and petrol spray. Wear glasses to cover your eyes. A long stick or rake might be needed but petrol on the snake is more than enough not kerosene that is too slow.
God has been with you. Peace

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Snake In My Roof by joeargy: 11:11pm On May 19, 2019
what kind of thread is this? now I can't sleep

wall gecko just climb my leg now and I use speed jump up, few minute later cockroach climb my body, I jump up, I can't sleep, why did the mod allow this thread on front page? which kin triller and horror movie be dis sef

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by footprint17(m): 11:16pm On May 19, 2019
ThePsychopath:

It's not only an alligator, it's a shark. Olodo.
ignorance is ur problem ...
There are different species of alligators

Re: Snake In My Roof by Damfostopper(m): 11:16pm On May 19, 2019
amba2017:
soak a sheet of paper with honey, set on fire and send it to your ceiling. thank me later
and if the house is set ablaze cos of that.... he will still thank you..... you and sense are at loggerheads

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by blackslayer: 11:19pm On May 19, 2019
xavuv:

Thanks sir. Im fixing to get it out.

wow, so this nonsensical grammar has reached Nigeria too?

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Lordoftheeast: 11:21pm On May 19, 2019
grin sad
Re: Snake In My Roof by Damfostopper(m): 11:21pm On May 19, 2019
Thegamingorca:
Lalasticlala why'd it take so long for this story to get to front page lol...
I wonder o.... something that needs urgent response since May 16..... if it was toto decay or Regina Daniels.... he would av moved it to fp......werey mods

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by footprint17(m): 11:22pm On May 19, 2019
footprint17:
ignorance is ur problem
Re: Snake In My Roof by Offpoint: 11:22pm On May 19, 2019
xavuv:

It roams about in the ceiling. Sometimes we can hear it chasing something around in the ceiling
Lol, I'm a lover of snakes. I don't miss any snake TV shows on DSTV.

First of all, snakes don't chase their preys they ambush and strikes. All they need is one bite, once they strike once they won't even chase any prey, they'll wait for the venom to do it job within a minute. In between this time, no matter how far their prey ran to, they have the ability to track with their tongues... cuz as the prey is running its leaving behind smells which the snake pick up with their tongues and trace till the locate their prey effortlessly. most snakes have heat sensor, so they can hunt in total darkness.

From all your story so far, I don't think there's a snake in your roof, if there's a snake in your compound or in your house they only came to hunt and leave, not to live.
Snakes avoid contact with us more than you can think of, they prefer their natural habitat.

11 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by Akuruoulo(m): 11:24pm On May 19, 2019
czarina:
throw boiled eggs inside the ceiling for what? To bribe it?
Every creature in Nigeria is corrupt

7 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 19, 2019
xavuv:
Hello everyone,

There is snake living in my roof. It has been over 2 years now the reptile has been living in there. I first noticed it sometimes in 2017 when i saw snake skin in my roof. I have blocked all entry holes for lizard and the likes thinking the snake would die or leave due to starvation ....but it didnt leave and the snake seems to be thriving in there. I dont know what its eating.

I taught of fumigation but i think the snake can escape the fumigation odor because it can easily hide in the deep block holes.

I cant go in there, as am writing this i can hear the snake moving all about in my attic.

What can i do to get rid of it?

MODS: If its not too much i want this in front page for better audience or opinions.

Forget fumigation, most of those chemicals are adulterated and ineffective.

Soak about 5 to 10 small rags into kerosene and throw into different areas of the attic, it will suffocate and kill or drive snake away.

Be careful though cos this is a dangerous thing to do.

Or

Find all them people who can catch snake, with small change, they will help you out.

Not sure why you let it stay there over 2 years, the snake fit don marry plenty husbands and wives plus born plenty plenty snakes for your roof.

I hope you are able to get rid of it pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by ThePsychopath(f): 11:30pm On May 19, 2019
footprint17:
ignorance is ur problem ...
There are different species of alligators

I may be ignorant but you are just daft. Alligators don't live in roofs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by cbright4real(f): 11:32pm On May 19, 2019
U get mind oooo, living with a snake under disame roof for good two years. Na man u be

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by ayodijex(m): 11:37pm On May 19, 2019
blessedvisky:

ahn ahn. Looool
Re: Snake In My Roof by bobkezel(m): 11:43pm On May 19, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

Patience is denial. Act fast. That was how a small snake was found living in the roof of a church. Indecision made the snake turn to a massive python feeding on chickens and stray animals. It was thereafter killed by skilled hausa snake charmers
Hehehehehe church people calling hausa charmers. Lmao. Church na scam finally.

11 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by jagzyukay: 11:54pm On May 19, 2019
xavuv:

Snake is up� there, my family and i are down� here. We don't get to see face to face ( snake and i). Thats the reason why it didn't bother ne much. I tot it would starve to death. But lately, the snake been disturbing whole ceiling.

I will fumigate.

Baba the snake don get belle o.... e don ready to born ��cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / Woman Carries Her Child Inside Her Shorts And Got People Talking (pics) / Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.