Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Snake In My Roof - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Snake In My Roof (61787 Views)

UPDATE: Snake In My Roof / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake In My Roof by Damfostopper(m): 11:31am On May 20, 2019
You people should stop disturbing Op........he is waiting for the fumigation odour to reduce.... ..... Op is chilling with 5 Alive and chicken laps now.....

Op will brief us in the evening...... tune in to this discovery channel on snake island in the evening for a full show

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by xteve(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2019
Damfostopper:
You people should stop disturbing Op........he is waiting for the fumigation odour to reduce.... ..... Op is chilling with 5 Alive and chicken laps now.....

Op will brief us in the evening...... tune in to this discovery channel on snake island in the evening for a full show

I'm loosing my patience. Let's have a committee headed by Lala to cover this snake event live.

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by khome(f): 12:04pm On May 20, 2019
czarina:
Ezi okwu? Snake that can digest a live animal? Issorait.
Bae, u are funny ooo

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by khome(f): 12:05pm On May 20, 2019
Omihanifa:
If what you are saying is the truth then the snake is not ordinary undecided it's more of a spiritual issue than fumigation sad angry
Spiritual warrior....weldone sir
Re: Snake In My Roof by Juliearth(f): 12:07pm On May 20, 2019
[quote author=xavuv post=78376484]Hello everyone,

There is snake living in my roof. It has been over 2 years now the reptile has been living in there. I first noticed it sometimes in 2017 when i saw snake skin in my roof. I have blocked all entry holes for lizard and the likes thinking the snake would die or leave due to starvation ....but it didnt leave and the snake seems to be thriving in there. I dont know what its eating.

I taught of fumigation but i think the snake can escape the fumigation odor because it can easily hide in the deep block holes.

I cant go in there, as am writing this i can hear the snake moving all about in my attic.

What can i do to get rid of it?

MODS: If its not too much i want this in front page for better audience or opinions.
[/quote

Your only option is fumigation, or if you leave in the North, you can employ the services of Snake charmers. They would hypnotise the snake and capture it alive or give you herbal mixtures that would kill it.
Re: Snake In My Roof by Juliearth(f): 12:15pm On May 20, 2019
Abuheekmat:

There is a great difference in living with a Snake and snake attacking you..

You can live with a snake in the same House.. Not even roof tops.. And it won't hurt you

I agree with you. Recently, a snake was killed in my bathroom. Apparently,it has been hiding behind the washing machine.
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 12:19pm On May 20, 2019
HomeOfMe:
How did the snake get to your ceiling. Do you have trees touching your roof?

The snake has been living inside the hollow blocks at the top for sometime before wall plastering was done and before windows and pop ceiling were fixed.

Long before we started living in that house i use to see one particular greenish yellowish snake reering up its head from the top blocks whenever i visit the site. Then builiding was not completed. Thinking that upon completion of the building ... the snake should have left.

6 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 12:20pm On May 20, 2019
[quote author=Juliearth post=78553574][/quote]
I fumigated last Saturday. Charmers are not really available in osogbo
Re: Snake In My Roof by Juliearth(f): 12:22pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

Still chilling o. Cant enter that roof now. Fumigation odor too much

Do not enter the roof please. Let the Snake charmers do so.

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 12:24pm On May 20, 2019
Juliearth:

Do not enter the roof please. Let the Snake charmers do so.
Ok
Re: Snake In My Roof by Juliearth(f): 12:27pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

I fumigated last Saturday. Charmers are not really available in osogbo

I think you should go an extra mile and get them from Lagos. Somebody made mention of areas you can find them. You are cohabiting(sort of) with a ruthless killer,so distance should not deter you from finding solution. Remember that even if you are careful,kids can be a bit careless(God forbid though that any harm should befall them) you need to act fast before the raining season Intensifies and before the mating season begins. You also need to know that the snake may have a way of coming down to your house also(God forbid also) or how do you think the Lizards and Rats that it feeds on get into the roof?

PS. I don't believe in all this carbide ish. Some species of Snakes are not affected by carbides and the likes of them.

11 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 12:31pm On May 20, 2019
Juliearth:

I think you should go an extra mile and get them from Lagos. Somebody made mention of areas you can find them. You are cohabiting(sort of) with a ruthless killer,so distance should not deter you from finding solution. Remember that even if you are careful,kids can be a bit careless(God forbid though that any harm should befall them) you need to act fast before the raining season Intensifies and before the mating season begins. You also need to know that the snake may have a way of coming down to your house also(God forbid also) or how do you think the Lizards and Rats that it feeds on get into the roof?

PS. I don't believe in all this carbide ish. Some species of Snakes are not affected by carbides and the likes of them.

Hmm Ok
Re: Snake In My Roof by HomeOfMe(f): 12:33pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

The snake has been living inside the hollow blocks at the top for sometime before wall plastering was done and before windows and pop ceiling were fixed.

Long before we started living in that house i use to see one particular greenish yellowish snake reering up its head from the top blocks whenever i visit the site. Then builiding was not completed. Thinking that upon completion of the building ... the snake should have left.
Thorough fumigation is what you need to do. Since in the ceiling like you said,garlic won't do muck. Garlic can work if it were hiding somewhere on the floor of your house. They hate the smell of garlic and onions.
Re: Snake In My Roof by Juliearth(f): 12:43pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

Hmm Ok

So sorry for your dilemma. My aim is not to scare you but spur you to finding a solution. Keep us posted and cheers.

8 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by blank(f): 12:57pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

grin like snake wouldn't be able to digest boiled egg. So the eggs eventually kills it.

Put golf balls in the ceiling. Tried and tested way to get them to die.

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by Thegamingorca(m): 1:12pm On May 20, 2019
footprint17:
ignorance is ur problem ...
There are different species of alligators
grin

Bros this no be alligator oh lol...

And if this one dey your roof you don die be that

3 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 1:13pm On May 20, 2019
Juliearth:

So sorry for your dilemma. My aim is not to scare you but spur you to finding a solution. Keep us posted and cheers.
Nah! Not scared
Re: Snake In My Roof by czarina(f): 1:13pm On May 20, 2019
khome:
Bae, u are funny ooo
Just asking an innocent question grin

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by Juliearth(f): 1:15pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

Nah! Not scared

OK!

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by MAXIMAL123(m): 1:20pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

On a very serious note, I still found it very hard to believe... YOU MEAN FOR COMPLETE TWO YEARS?
SNAKE LEAVING INSIDE CEILING?

Now let me come in like this...
I'm an Electrical contractor by the grace of God and have been on this profession for almost 14 years of experience, and have worked on ceilings to fixed things for countless times for my clients and have never heard or experienced such thing even from my colleagues.

The only time I can say I nearly experienced such was when I was still serving under my Boss. Then as a very young learner with a very fresh beginning, We were on a new site and every where was Full of bush even to the roof level of the house we are to work. so fear gripped my mind to the extent we were only managed to find our way in to the house before we start to use our hand to cut down some of the bushes away,
to cut the story short, I was asked to enter the ceiling to couple some pipes there. And as have said fear has already arrested my heart so on getting in to the ceiling, I started seeing some strange things to the extent I saw something shaking and i had to ran down to inform my boss that I saw a snake. So they were surprised that a snake, inside ceiling? I said yes so they had no option than to follow me in there, when they also saw it, they started studying it,
after some seconds they noticed it does not moved from that spot and from there we started throwing something at it, still, no movement, then we now start to move closer until we saw it clearly. If I tell you what we saw you will be amazed.... IT WAS JUST A COBWEB THAT ITS BEEN BLOWN BY THE BREEZE. So my two Bosses made some point that day that for over 25 and 30 year of experience, they had never experienced such.

So I now tried to remembered what we were taught in school that SNAKE IS A COLD BLOODED ANIMAL hardly they can survived inside the ceiling for a very long time like that, due to high temperature of heat inside the ceiling,
THE HEAT UP THERE NA SMALL HELL FIRE O

SO I DONT BELIEVE ITS A SNAKE AS YOU HAVE SAID, IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING ELSE.

PLS PARDON ME FOR MY LONG STORY AND THE TYPO....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 1:25pm On May 20, 2019
MAXIMAL123:

On a very serious note, I still found it very hard to believe... YOU MEAN FOR COMPLETE TWO YEARS?
SNAKE LEAVING INSIDE CEILING?

Yes bro. I first taught it would starve to death since i blocked all its food source. But she be feeding on small small wall geckos.

Might be dead now or left my ceiling cuz i fumigated last saturday
Re: Snake In My Roof by MAXIMAL123(m): 2:16pm On May 20, 2019
xavuv:

Yes bro. I first taught it would starve to death since i blocked all its food source. But she be feeding on small small wall geckos.

Might be dead now or left my ceiling cuz i fumigated last saturday
When you said ITS FOOD SOURCE

What are those source that you thought it has been sourcing for the food before?
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 2:22pm On May 20, 2019
MAXIMAL123:

When you said ITS FOOD SOURCE

What are those source that you thought it has been sourcing for the food before?
i blocked all those gaps/holes that lizards use to enter the ceiling from outside
Re: Snake In My Roof by Yhemit(m): 3:23pm On May 20, 2019
waiting for the update of the snake .
Re: Snake In My Roof by Ayus4u(m): 4:25pm On May 20, 2019
snake catcher can catch it for u live.

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by FunkyAlhaji2015: 5:53pm On May 20, 2019
Juliearth:

Cute girl! I miss ur lovely voice

1 Like

Re: Snake In My Roof by mechanics(m): 6:33pm On May 20, 2019
You better pack out of the house o.
Re: Snake In My Roof by funkyjms: 6:45pm On May 20, 2019
Centrallock:
bro pls as in how can a snake hide inside a flushed toilet, one should probably see it or is there any other way to spot it

Usually, the major way is through HOLES! Holes either from a broken pipe and/or Simba(if I get the right name;pics attached) OR holes from "soakaway." Yes, snakes from "soakaway" can pass through the pipe that runs into it, through to the toilet seat in the house.

Let me share a little experience with you.
This lil devil was killed in one of the Corpers lodge, Methodist High School, Ilesha during NYSC. It came in through a broken pipe/Simba. My colleague went to take a leak at night. She was about to flush when she saw something black inside the seat (obviously just the body of the snake.) She flushed after doing her business and everything was gone but explained to everyone in the morning. We couldn't sense 'cause corpers do dump condoms, used pads and the likes so we thought it's another "orishirishi" being dumped by someone. The day passed, people used the toilet! The next night, the same G went to take a leak, fortunately she saw it this time before doing the business.

In the morning, the vice principal got us a chemical and local powder to flush and spray inside the toilet and the back where the Simba was built. Shtt didn't work! Someone else saw the full snake inside the toilet seat enjoying itself the next morning; it run back to the pipe on each sight. How it was killed?

So we got a big, long, straight stick and insert into the pipe from the broken Simba to block the snake from running back to the pipe. This left the snake no choice than to come out into the seat in full. We used another long stick to fall the loosed cover of the seat, on it. A strong guy confidently placed his leg on the cover. An idea came to pour hot water into the seat by shifting the cover a lil which was done. While the dude's leg is still on it, immediately we could hear the "sneeze" of the snake obviously feeling threatened. We thought the snake would be weakened and didn't envisage a strike. That dude was really lucky not to get hit on the other leg by the last powerful strike because the snake forcefully struck out in opposite of where he stood. Everyone went gaga! grin grin Some got injured. At a distance, we could see it was powerless and it was killed afterwards.
Before dem boiz set up firewood, the students immediately cut off the head and tail to use for "jazz."
For six months till she finished service, the lady resulted to "shot-put" The picture of sitting on a seat with a snake was always in her head! grin grin
I'm hope you understand now. Please don't leave holes in the environment uncovered.

2 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by joeargy: 6:49pm On May 20, 2019
GogetterMD:

Can they/do they charm mice too? I have a mice problem in my house. For 6 months now I've been unable to get rid of them cry. Different poisons, rat glue. They avoid all of it. And the smell and sound they make drives me crazy
not mice but rat, mice na rich version of rats , so oga na rat dey ur house, u can only find mice abroad for rich folks home

3 Likes

Re: Snake In My Roof by Centrallock: 7:18pm On May 20, 2019
funkyjms:

tnx for this
Re: Snake In My Roof by Centrallock: 7:19pm On May 20, 2019
olaolaking:
It won't be inside the flushing tube. It will hide at the edge of the seat inside where water use to come out when you flush
tnx for this
Re: Snake In My Roof by xavuv: 7:39pm On May 20, 2019
mechanics:
You better pack out of the house o.
House is mine wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Woman Carries Her Child Inside Her Shorts And Got People Talking (pics) / Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Teenage Girl ‘Resurrects' In Warri At Her Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.