Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan (6065 Views)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Can My Wife Cook For Me In Ramadan When I Do Introduction With Her Parent / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:07pm On May 15, 2019
Preface
Allah says "Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much." (Qur'an 33:21).

”But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:65]

So the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wasalam) is to be followed in all our acts of worship.

We pray as he prayed and likewise we fast as he did. The Prophet fasted nine Ramadan from 2 AH to 10 AH. May the peace and blessings of Almighty Allah be on him, his family,his companions and all those who follow his path till the last day. Aamin

We should strive more in Ramadan. Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, ascended the pulpit and he said, “Amin, amin, amin.” It was said, “O Messenger of Allah, you ascended the pulpit and said amin, amin, amin.” The Prophet said, “Verily, Gabriel came to me and he said: Whoever reaches the month of Ramadan and he is not forgiven, then he will enter Hellfire and Allah will cast him far away, so say amin. I said amin....

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Ibn Ḥibbān 915, Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Because Ramadan is of such a high status, acts of obedience during the month are of immense virtue and earn a greatly multiplied reward, and the sin of acts of disobedience during this month is greater and more serious than sins at other times. So the Muslim should make the most of this blessed month by doing acts of worship and righteous deeds, and giving up bad deeds, in the hope that Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will bless him by accepting those deeds and will enable him to adhere to the truth. But the bad deed always incurs an equal burden of sin, and is never multiplied, either in Ramadan or at other times, whereas a good deed receives a multiple reward, tenfold up to many times more than that.
End quote from Majmoo‘ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (15/447)

Mistakes and Innovations in Ramadan in no specific order

The Prophet (salallahu 'alahi wasalam) said: "Whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally), then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

1. Making the intentions aloud: Reciting intentions before acts of worship like prayer and fasting is an innovation. Intention is simply making resolve to do a deed. It is compulsory to resolve to fast the next day during the month of Ramadan as deeds are not accepted without intention. No intention is to be said before Taraaweeh, before the start of Ramadan, before Witr…

2. Night of Qadr: This is done in a gathering from late in the night through the mid-night on a particular date set by the innovators. Several posters are posted and pasted almost every for each mosques’ Night of Qadr program. Is this how it was done by the Prophet?
Laylat al Qadr should be sought in the last ten days of Ramadan individually. One should do established acts of worship during these nights. It is best to be in “itikhaf” to get the best of those nights.

3. Making At-Taraaweeh prayer short, and quickly reciting the Quran therein; rather, perhaps there might be no tranquility or humble submission, let alone understanding what is being recited. It is also wrong to prolong and exaggerate the qunoot supplication along with observing rhyme and adhering to certain supplications—especially upon concluding the Quran—that were not reported to have been said by the Prophet and his companions, may Allah be pleased with them.

4. After Taraaweeh prayer, some dua’s are read for the congregation in the following Format:
Nafila for Ramadan Night 12, 20 Rakah, 10 Salama. Recite 10 Baqorah on each standing.
After the Nawaafil, Recite Yaa Razaq Yaa Fataah Ten Billion. This is an innovation.

5. Focusing too much on Food: Some of us have extra concern for food that we forget most of the Sunnah of the Prophet. The Prophet told us to repeat what the caller to prayer says and then we should say: “laa aola walaa quwwata illabillah” when he says “Hay’ala al salah” & “Hay’ala al falah”. Also, recite blessings on the Prophet in the legislated way after the Adhan. It is sufficient to break the fast lightly and then hasten to Magrib prayer before going to complete the rest of the food.

6. Break the fast with just any fruit: The Sunnah is to break the fast with wet dates. If this is not available, then dry dates and if that is not available water. One is free to take anything halal after this.

7. Eating too much and wasting food: Ramadan is a period of reflection. A period wherein the rich feel the pangs of hunger just like the poor. Do not eat too much and avoid wastages. It is encouraged to give out food to the poor, the needy, wayfarer, etc as one who does so will have immense rewards. In Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (22/341) it says: “Leftover food must be saved for the next time or it should be given to the needy; if there are no needy people, then it should be given to animals, even after it has dried out, for the one who is able to do that.”

8. Wasting time on frivolities during Ramadan i.e. Watching TV, movies, etc.

9. Staying up late for unnecessary chats, meetings, etc. Staying up in obeying Allah is appropriate.

10. Not training the kids on Fasting, praying and Islam in general. Never leave your kids only in the hands of the Madrasa Mallam or their Schoolteachers. Be involved in their development both worldly and for the hereafter.

11. Shyness to eat: Menstruating/Post-partum women being embarrassed to eat during the day in Ramadan. It is forbidden for them to fast so they must be eating to nourish themselves and the newborn.

13. Unnecessary free mixing with non-mahrams (persons of the opposite sex whom one can marry which includes cousins).

14. Comiting Major Sins: Not praying at all or regularly, not paying the Zakat for many years, not performing Hajj even if one is rich enough for it, or engaging in backbiting, tale bearing, bribery, cheating, and other forbidden major sins that lead one to lose the rewards of his fasting.

15. Public Disturbance: It is inappropriate to disturb our neighbors (Muslims or non-Muslims) with our 'ibaadah. We need to appropriately reduce the sound emanating from our microphones, sound speakers, TV-sets, etc as we use all this for our various acts of worship. STOP THE UNNECESSARY BROADCAST OF LECTURES ON LOUDSPEAKERS.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when beginning a khutbah (sermon): " The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The worst of things are those which are newly-invented, and every innovation is a going astray" (reported by Muslim, no. 867)

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) told us that: “Every innovation is going astray, and every going astray will be in the Fire.” Narrated by Muslim (867) and an-Nasaa’i (1578)

Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever innovates something into this matter of ours which does not belong to it will have it rejected.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “Whoever performs a deed that is not in accordance with our matter will have it rejected.”

Hadith Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2550, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1718, Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

May Allah accept all our acts of worship. May He Heal our sick, grant succor to the distressed/depressed, forgive & pardon us our sins and let us see Him in Aakhirah. Aamin!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2019
sarahade:
I don't think most of you in the section are mentally ok.
Do you even review your post at all

If you have nothing to write just post Qur'an.
Mtcheew

Mistakes and innovation to watch tv or sleep late or break my fast with orange for someone like me that hates dates abi what do you call it I'm a kufir abi, you are not ok.

Who said anything about Kufr in the post?

Are you fasting and still abusing? Change your attitude!

Think about this saying of the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wasalam) " Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)" [Al-Bukhari]

Allah says:
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by olayinka63: 9:37am On May 17, 2019
sarahade:
I don't think most of you in the section are mentally ok.
Do you even review your post at all

If you have nothing to write just post Qur'an.
Mtcheew

Mistakes and innovation to watch tv or sleep late or break my fast with orange for someone like me that hates dates abi what do you call it I'm a kufir abi, you are not ok.

Maybe you got the OP wrong. On the aspect of breaking fast with fruits, he said Prophet SAW recommended wet dates, if it's not available then dry date, if it's not available then water and then any other halal things which include orange. If you don't like date no problem but you must definitely like water. So you can sip water and then take your orange which earn you more reward. Meanwhile if you decide to take orange first without the intention of disobeying what the Prophet recommended then you are not a sinner and you are good to go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by Fundamentalist: 9:42am On May 17, 2019
You hate Dates ? Its good we watch what we say or write .
Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by malvisguy212: 10:02am On May 17, 2019
in Islam, when you here the word " the prophet say" just know its Muhammad, the ONLY prophet in Islam ( although they Will deny it ) Muslims honour him even more than Allah, it is only when you raised argument like this, Muslims will start mentioning other prophet.

Surah 49:15: The believers are
only those who believe in Allah
and HIS MESSENGER.

Believing only in the teachings of Allah with the exclusion of the teachings of Muhammad will result in the loss of many essential details that are vital for the salvation of Muslims. in fact to escape the fire of hell, a Muslim must obey Muhammad and Allah:

Surah 4:14: And whoever
disobeys Allah and HIS
MESSENGER and goes beyond His
limits, He will cause him to enter
fire to abide in it, and he shall
have an abasing chastisement.

Muslims will deny rendering worship to Muhammad , but the reality belies there claim. let me stop here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by Predator1: 10:47am On May 17, 2019
if you do not like date, just break with water first then anyother fruit you have nearby...Not everyone can like the same thing
Jazakummulah
Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by dragnet: 10:56am On May 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
in Islam, when you here the word " the prophet say" just know its Muhammad, the ONLY prophet in Islam ( although they Will deny it ) Muslims honour him even more than Allah, it is only when you raised argument like this, Muslims will start mentioning other prophet.

and HIS MESSENGER.

Believing only in the teachings of Allah with the exclusion of the teachings of Muhammad will result in the loss of many essential details that are vital for the salvation of Muslims. in fact to escape the fire of hell, a Muslim must obey Muhammad and Allah:

disobeys Allah and HIS

Muslims will deny rendering worship to Muhammad , but the reality belies there claim. let me stop here.
No they don't worship him, they respect him just like all the other prophets and don't distinguish between them, they only refer to him because he was the one that brought the rulings as sent by Allaah and most especially because he is the last of the prophets and the seal, so it makes more sense quoting and referencing the updated and last version of a law, he isn't anything but a mortal like every other human being.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 136:

Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Musa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by Legolast: 11:06am On May 17, 2019
malvisguy212:

and HIS MESSENGER.

disobeys Allah and HIS

Allah soften your heart and make you among the pious men by making you accept Islam. Ameen

5 Likes

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by malvisguy212: 11:22am On May 17, 2019
dragnet:

No they don't worship him, they respect him just like all the other prophets and don't distinguish between them, they only refer to him because he was the one that brought the rulings as sent by Allaah and most especially because he is the last of the prophets and the seal, so it makes more sense quoting and referencing the updated and last version of a law, he isn't anything but a mortal like every other human being.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 136:

Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Musa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number
171:
Narrated Ibn Sirrn: I said to
‘Ablda, “I have some of the hair
of the Prophet which I got from
Anas or from his family.” ‘Abida
replied. “No doubt if I had a
single hair of that it would have
been dearer to me than the
whole world and whatever is in
it.”

is this a form of respect or worship ? How can Muslims view a single shred of hair as more valuable than the entire eart and its contents? The veneration of relics is a common practice in paganism. If this is
not idolatry, then what is it? Still not convinced? How about the next Hadith?

617:
“Narrated Abu Musa: Then the
prophet asked for a drinking
bowl containing water and
washed his hands and face in it,
and then took a mouthful of
water and threw it therein saying
to us, ‘Drink some of it and pour
some over your faces and
chests and be happy at the good
tidings.’”

Acts of devotion such as the ones displayed by Muslims towards Muhammad in the above Hadith are not only outright filthy but also idolatrous. The Holy Bible clearly warns against idolatry:

1 Corinthians 10:14: Therefore,
my beloved ones, flee from
idolatry.
Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by malvisguy212: 11:24am On May 17, 2019
Legolast:

Allah soften your heart and make you among the pious men by making you accept Islam. Ameen
say that to the Islamist territories ,they need the prayer most

1 Like

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by savage76(m): 12:20pm On May 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
171:
it.”

is this a form of respect or worship ? How can Muslims view a single shred of hair as more valuable than the entire eart and its contents? The veneration of relics is a common practice in paganism. If this is

617:
some over your faces and
tidings.’”

Acts of devotion such as the ones displayed by Muslims towards Muhammad in the above Hadith are not only outright filthy but also idolatrous. The Holy Bible clearly warns against idolatry:

idolatry.

Bro get your facts right...the second hadith you quoted does not exist...go and get your facts right and come back for a response.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by olamixx(m): 2:37pm On May 17, 2019
Please is there a ruling on someone doing a hardwork in the sun,..... can he/she leave fasting
Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2019
malvisguy212:

and HIS MESSENGER.

disobeys Allah and HIS

Why bring this here?

If i were to ask you who saved the Egyptians through the red sea? Is it Moses or God?

It was God through Moses.

Our Salvation lies with Allah through the messenger He sent us!

Our belief is God saves through the Messengers He sends!

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by dragnet: 5:34pm On May 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
171:
it.”

617:
some over your faces and
tidings.’”

idolatry.

You can't draw up a statement and interpret it for them, Muslims never claim to worship mortals, they abhor it evidently, if your mother is dearer to you, does that mean you worship her ? it merely means you value her more than any other worldly material, likewise we all have things that are dearer to us, just like some can kill for their sons or daughters, some can kill for their cars!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by dragnet: 5:36pm On May 17, 2019
olamixx:
Please is there a ruling on someone doing a hardwork in the sun,..... can he/she leave fasting

how about suspending the work instead? or fixing annual leave to that period?
Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by malvisguy212: 5:57pm On May 17, 2019
dragnet:

You can't draw up a statement and interpret it for them, Muslims never claim to worship mortals, they abhor it evidently, if your mother is dearer to you, does that mean you worship her ? it merely means you value her more than any other worldly material, likewise we all have things that are dearer to us, just like some can kill for their sons or daughters, some can kill for their cars!
it is forbidden for a Muslim to interrupt the prayer of his fellow Muslim, out of respect to Allah no Muslim will interrupt the prayer of his fellow Muslim. but do you know that Muhammad is an exception to this rule ? Muhammad invoked Surah 8:24 to justify his case.

Surah 8:24: “O you who believe!
Answer the call of Allah and His
Apostle when he calls you to
that which gives you life; and
know that Allah intervenes
between man and his heart, and
that to Him you shall be
gathered.” (Shakir)

Carefully consider now how the Prophet of lslam clarified the meaning and the application of the above Qur’anic verse.

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number
226:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Mualla:
While I was praying, the Prophet
passed by and called me, but I
did not go to him till I had
finished my prayer. When I went
to him, he said, “What prevented
you from coming?” I said, “I was
praying.” He said, “Didn’t Allah
say” “O you who believe Give
your response to Allah and to
His Apostle.” (Surah 8:24)
Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by dragnet: 9:41pm On May 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
it is forbidden for a Muslim to interrupt the prayer of his fellow Muslim, out of respect to Allah no Muslim will interrupt the prayer of his fellow Muslim. but do you know that Muhammad is an exception to this rule ? Muhammad invoked Surah 8:24 to justify his case.

that to Him you shall be
gathered.” (Shakir)

Carefully consider now how the Prophet of lslam clarified the meaning and the application of the above Qur’anic verse.

226:

What you've quoted does not imply worship in any way and in fact there are situations where it is permissible for a Muslim to break their prayer.

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes And Innovations In Ramadan by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2019
malvisguy212:

that to Him you shall be
gathered.” (Shakir)

226:

What kind of Prayer is this? Is it obligatory Congregational Prayer or individual voluntary Prayer?
I don't know the website where this guys copy this kind of clear rulings to confuse themselves.

dragnet:

What you've quoted does not imply worship in any way and in fact there are situations where it is permissible for a Muslim to break their prayer.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo / Which Hadith Do You Believe Besides The Quran? (45:6) / Call Sheik Dahiru Bauchi To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.