Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,212 members, 7,846,020 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! (1714 Views)

May 29 Handover: No Facts From Jonathan On Fuel Crisis – Buhari / May 29 Handover Ceremony: IG, Arase Orders Tight Security Nationwide / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by wales(m): 6:27am On Sep 24, 2010
The Goodluck Jonathan/Namadi Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation has carpeted the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole over his declaration to stage a protest, if the Federal Government reneges on the May 29, 2011 handover date.

A statement signed by Sully Abu, Director of Media and Publicity of the Jonathan Campaign Organization expressed disappointment over the statement credited to the governor.

The statement reads: “We are taken aback by the largely speculative statements by Oshiomhole and the impression created that the request for more time by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), was masterminded by the Federal Government.

We condemn the attempt by Oshiomhole to tag the President and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)-led Federal Government with the brush of complicity in the call for polls shift by the electoral body. President Jonathan and the Nigerian people are committed to the May 29 handover date and nothing is being done to compromise that.”

Abu noted that all the major political parties, including the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), were in favour of a shift in date to allow INEC more time to deliver on its promise of a free and fair election in 2011.
“Much as we believe in the capacity of the INEC to deliver on credible elections at all levels, we urge Governor Oshiomole to desist from playing politics with serious issues.

Following the request by the INEC Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega, the President has ordered the release of the N87 billion requested by INEC; he has also signed the amended Electoral Act 2010, despite some reservations.
“How else could government had demonstrated good faith? Oshiomole’s attempt to insinuate ulterior motives in the present circumstance is simply preposterous,” the Jonathan group submitted.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/sept/24/newsbreak-24-09-2010-001.htm
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by 1102(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2010
Oshiomhole AGAIN,

why is this guy bent on embarrassing  himself like this

That man should be beheaded and his body fed to the Vultures

now he wants 2 exchange words with GJ

if i were GJ i would have the SS flog him and his family 15 strokes of cane daily for 1 full week

for failing to give that mole the basic family training
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by peelovee(f): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2010
grin stori for town grin
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by Echidime(m): 3:12pm On Sep 24, 2010
NONSENSE,he is against our Goodluck,this south south Governors self,i do not know why many of them prefer to work with hausa man than their own brother?
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by lakenz(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2010
Have you guys fogotten he's an IBB man? What else then do you expect?
It's surely pay back time for IBB cronies. OR ELSE!
Wetin dem don chop before, dem go all vomit.
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by 1102(m): 3:29am On Sep 25, 2010
when i was saying it ever since that ADAMS is a fool

some people here would be insulting me

ADAMS is the only GOVERNOR that sleeps wiv @least 4gurls every friday nite

no more no less (them nor dey price am)

Edostate is in a state of capital ruin,the only thing they can boast of is ring road

No lite,no road,no water,nothing works there, no jobs, Yet he's talking when better people like GEJ are talking

that boy ADAMS should be Bitc[i]hed[/i] woman[i]ED[/i] SLAPED
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by anonimi: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by Exponental(m): 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2010
May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan !
before nko!
those wey go, go go!
those wey go stay go stay!
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by orangemen: 12:09am On Sep 27, 2010
i don't trust this jonathan jega roundabout system.
the initial arrangement was that elections be held 6 months before hand-over so that the agrieved parties can go to courtg and finalise their cases before swear in.
it is obvious jonathan has a different plan.
kill oshomole or leave him but what he has said is in the interest of the poor masses.
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 27, 2010
the INEC request was Federal Government's way of testing possible reactions to a postponement of May 29 handover.
its so obvious, it smells
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by otokx(m): 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2010
there is something fishy
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by AZOLIBE: 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2010
I have said it before the April election and May handover is not feasible if the election petition must be entertained befor the handover. I smell a rat. There is darkness at the end of the turnel. People now call Oshimole names because he said a fact. When he was a labor leader you hailed him today he is a foolish  person. Wha an impatient Nigerian who kill their leaders at a slight of provocation. You are god of iron. Change by learning how to respect your leaders, past or present. Criticise without destroying or condemning characters because all have seen and become short of the glory of God. We are confused to the extent that we cannot distinguish between what we need and what we want. May God help us.
Re: May 29 Handover Date Stands -jonathan ! by Echidime(m): 6:30am On Sep 28, 2010
If i have my way, i will advice all Ndigbo to stay clear from 2011 election and adopt sidon dey look attitude and watch south south, west and North kill themselves because of 2011 election,because these are the same people who ganged up during the civil war and killed, seized and distroyed Ndigbo Properties.

Each time the west and North want to deny Ndigbo their right in Nigeria, they will always use the South South man, Ken Saro Wiwa played a script written by Awolowo then as young commissioner, and he paid dearly for it after so many years during Abacha's regime,God is alive and posterity will always Judge all Igbo haters, weather living or dead, no matter how long it takes.

Today it is Jonathan playing a well written script handed over to him by Obasanjo, because he hates Ndigbo with passion.

All this issue of zoning or no zoning is a calculated game plan by Obasanjo to stop an Igboman from becoming a president in 2015, but i want to inform all those who cares to listen that there may not be nation called Nigeria after 2011 if care is not taking, God is still Alive.

Obasanjo is also, saying by using Jonathan, since Nigerians did not give me third term, let me create confusion all over Nigeria, using zoning.

I heard that some people are saying IBB will not be allowed to campaign in any Yoruba speaking states, but what if the Hausa's say, Jonathan will not be allowed to campaign in any Hausa speaking states, and the Igbo's say IBB, Jonathan, Atiku etc, don't come to any Igbo speaking states to campaign what will happen then? we are ALL playing with fire.

I think what we need in Nigeria today is a honest a patriotic leader, someone that respect and honor agreement, no matter who the agreement favors, an Agreement is a Covenant and the Covenant you keep will always protect you.

This is the reason why, world all over, no persons respects Nigerians, because what we say in the morning is not what we say in Night, how can respected man, those who spend tax payers money in the name of fighting corruption, cannot even respect a simple arrangement they sat down and agreed upon, it a shame, we are just making our self fools in the eyes on the international community and we want them to take us serious when talk?

For me i see all this happens as a big opportunity for the opposition parties to gain ground and vote PDP out of power, if only there are opposition parties in Nigeria.

May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Philip Emeagwali Exposed / Akunyili Resigns, Joins APGA / Power Sharing: It’s Either The Senate President Or Speaker -s’east Reps !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.