Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Nigerian Government To Shut Down Enugu International Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government To Shut Down Enugu International Airport (408 Views)

Photos From The Ongoing Renovation At Enugu International Airport / Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion / Enugu Government To Complete The Enugu International Conference Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government To Shut Down Enugu International Airport by Ariyatech(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2019
So, I have seen and read the reason given by the minister of state for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika on why the Enugu International Airport should be downgraded or completely shut down and they sound plausible enough. But I have very troubling concerns.

The minister claimed that he told the Enugu State governor what to do a long time ago and he failed to do anything and now things have deteriorated badly.

Okay. I remember about two years ago when I visited home and went through that airport. I was so angry at the deplorable state of the airport that I began taking pictures. Afterwards, I wrote an article with those pictures and had it published on Vanguard Newspaper. About an hour after it was published online, it was pulled down. I inquired of the Vanguard editor and he claimed they were ordered by the powers from above to pull the article. I knew where that came from.

Much later in time, people from Ugwuanyi’s government started sending me messages, telling me that it wasn’t the governor’s responsibility - that it was that of the Federal Government, because of Course, Aviation is one of the 65-68 items on the Exclusive List in the fraudulent Nigerian Constitution.

So my question is, why is the minister telling Ugwuanyi what to do and why is Ugwuanyi failing to take responsibility, assuming there was some type of arrangement between States and FG to take care of projects like that?

https://www.ariyatech.com.ng/2019/05/nigerian-government-to-shut-down-enugu.html

Nearly every airport in the North has been upgraded to International status with no incident! Not one in the entire Eastern Region (South East/South South) is fit for even local operations, let alone international. International Airlines have been taxed out of the Eastern routes, especially Enugu, leaving only Ethiopian Airlines with the burden of integrity to continue still. Now they're about to be kicked out in the guise of so called "upgrade." Question is: after the upgrade, will international airlines be allowed to use the airport? You already know the answer to that.

Recently, the Nigerian government launched some type of partnership with the Chinese government to build a dry port in Ibadan to enable ease the pressure on Lagos seaports. About 75-80% of these port users are from the Eastern Region. Many of them who haven't been forced to relocate their businesses to Lagos still operate from the East.

Re: Nigerian Government To Shut Down Enugu International Airport by BabangidaHamza(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2019
Was is not the same airport that the senate padded the funds meant for the rehabilitation of under the watch of the DSP,? And the DSP is from Enugu state.. What an embarrasement

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu; Jubril/buhari Posted Old And Fake Pictures Of Saudi Trip / Atiku Reacts To High Rate Of Suicide In Nigeria / Imo State Councilors Illegally Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.