Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,879 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? (5065 Views)

Trade Minister, Doris Anite Tours Manufacturing Industries In Lagos, Ogun, Kano / Gov Soludo Has Commissioned 5 Indigenous Industries In Anambra In 2023 (Photos) / Ugwuanyi: We Have Appropriated ₦3.4 Billion For SME Industries In 17 LGAs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by superlightning: 6:07pm On May 20, 2019
plaindealer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F86a7p-8Als

You posted a 2017 article to support your post that they've fixed the road, but the above is the reality from just a few months ago, 2019.

Instead of you trying to convince me or proving an unnessary point, you should be raising your voice, you should be pressuring the authorities in Abia to do better.

I'm not your enemy and I'm not responsible for the rot. If you really care, swallow your pride and channel your energy accordingly the people responsible for the rot.

its a lie. this is a 2017 video. I know this video. must you go at any length to defame a tribe? chai!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by plaindealer: 6:51pm On May 20, 2019
Anambralstson:
Otondo the video is flood, it doesn't change the fact the road has been fixed, it happens in every parts of Lagos and other states

Below is flood in Ibadan a month ago

Fashola was there not too long ago and the road wasn't fixed.

Show us the fixed road.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by plaindealer: 6:58pm On May 20, 2019
superlightning:

its a lie. this is a 2017 video. I know this video. must you go at any length to defame a tribe? chai!!!!!!

Ariaria Int’l Market, An Open Advert Of A Failed Govt – APC Chieftain (Photos/Video)

By ABN EDITOR - January 25, 2019

A chieftain of APC in Abia, Rev. Barr. Sally William Chinebu (PhD) has decried the poor state of Ariaria International Market Aba, describing it as an indication of a failed government.

Speaking with ABN TV on Saturday, Rev. Chinebu, a former Zonal Women leader APC expressed dissatisfaction that despite wearing the nomenclature of an international market where millions of people from across the world come to do business, the market is still in bad shape. “Within five minutes the rain started, the whole place was covered and people were scampering for safety. I don’t know if there is any drainage because you can’t see anyone, you can’t put your legs anywhere, you can’t walk. People were rushing into their shops because they barricaded the water with blocks. I was told when the rain gets serious it could sack people from their shops and I marveled and say this is the so much talked about Ariaria market. This is just the beginning of the rain and a market where millions of people trade is like this?” she queried

https://www.abnews247.com/2019/01/ariaria-intl-market-an-open-advert-of-a-failed-govt-apc-chieftain-photos-video/

It was actually a few months ago. January 25, 2019

Stop lying.

What's tribe got to do with it? Is tribe the reason why roads are fixed or not fixed?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 20, 2019
kettykin:

I don't think there are more than 4 states in Nigeria more industrialized than Anambra and Abia what the east lacks is the infrastructure like Gas and enough electricity to power more industrialization.
Can you imagine the only international airport in the east is about being closed down with out an alternate route.
The gas masterplan excluded the east, the east was also excluded from the rail network. But easterners are not relenting
years before Nigeria conceptualised it's gas master plan, a SE gov in collaboration with shell, built a gas pipeline from owaza to aba, to feed the gigantic international glass industry aba. That gas network is still functional till date, and was expanded last year to osisioma industrial area. My point is that, our governors can give us what the fed fails to give.
Dear Mekuze2, (their are a lot of industries in the east, both local and multinational. For instance, aba has: Pz industries, Nigeria brewery, 7up, aba malt plant, uac (livestock feeds), inner galaxy limited, afrebev, gz industries, glass force, geepee industries, guinese brewery, planet factories,valumbra flour mills ,power gas and many more. Hope I did justice to your question?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by MetaPhysical: 7:19pm On May 20, 2019
plaindealer:

Stop lying.

What's tribe got to do with it? Is tribe the reason why roads are fixed or not fixed?

They'll hide their shame, refuse to call their governors out when wrong, but perch on issues in other states and beat the governors for neglect. When you point issues in their states out they use excuses and dodges to avoid its discussion...some will even defend their governors against attack inspite of the vivid abuse and negligence. When they see other regions expanding growth and amenities to their citizens, they will forget their flimsy excuses and defense of negligent and abusive governors but blame Nigeria for neglecting and marginalising them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by MetaPhysical: 7:40pm On May 20, 2019
Bidding for infrastructural contracts in each state is traditionally open to anybody but selectively given to indigenes of the state. This is the practice everywhere in Nigeria. The winning contractor has obligation to deliver the infrastructure to the satisfaction of the awarding principal, whether Local, State or Federral governm ent.

In East, contractors do a very minimum and cut edges, believing that the structure will soon start to degrade and show signs of failure, which then necessitates maintenance to avoid its complete collapse. The govt awards a maintenance contract which is continous and becomes a cash cow contract that is renewed every year, or under each administration. The maintenance itself is poor. So gradually infrastructures weaken and collapse or become a threat to life. This is what happened with Akanu Ibiam Airport. Ibos are their own enemies.

Imagine if they had attended to the renovation of this airport with dilligence and sense of ownership when the contract was first awarded by Stella Oduah as Aviation Minister....the story of the airport would be different today.

But you hear them now blaming FG for marginalizing Ibo.

The airport is just one out of many such examples. You probably have seen when deomelo post pictures of their supposedly a "suspension bridge" in Anambra. You see maintenance contractors on ladder applying plaster to fix a widening crack in the concrete, and you wonder if Anambra has any sense of responsibility to the lives of citizens that use that bridge daily.

Since they want to cover the deficiencies in their region we must join hands and help them cover it up. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by superlightning: 9:24pm On May 20, 2019
plaindealer:

Stop lying.

APC and lies are like 5 and 6....

who told you the roads weren't tarred? do I post recent flooded roads of Lagos, Ibadan, Oshogbo or Abeokuta? stop fooling yourself.

years back, when it floods, APC shits will go and snap picture to gain votes.... so they have continued the tradition? lollll.....old fake pics.....

this was when they started working on the road years back...the road is very long. ARIRIA MARKET IS VERY BIG. I don't know if they did ALL of it, but most parts of the road have been completed.

shameless woman since 2017 canvassing for APC votes.

1 Share

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by superlightning: 9:35pm On May 20, 2019
this is one of the long inroads in ariria market still under construction as at early 2018.

1 Share

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by nwanyionitsha: 9:40pm On May 20, 2019
plaindealer:

The largest market for goods and services in Nigeria is Lagos, hence the economic capital of Nigeria and the 5ht largest economy in Africa.

I know what you meant and why it's always a bragging phrase in that part of Nigeria, but you misused that term because it's not the largest market in West Africa.
Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by superlightning: 9:40pm On May 20, 2019
by the way, read this news and celebrate Aba for once.

Aba exports to other west African countries. which one have you Southwest exported? only importations! lazy losers.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/30/buhari-inaugurates-ariaria-market-ipp-extols-ikpeazu/?amp

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by nwanyionitsha: 9:40pm On May 20, 2019
plaindealer:

The largest market for goods and services in Nigeria is Lagos, hence the economic capital of Nigeria and the 5ht largest economy in Africa.

I know what you meant and why it's always a bragging phrase in that part of Nigeria, but you misused that term because it's not the largest market in West Africa.
Go check google and stop blabbing jazz.
Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by nwanyionitsha: 9:42pm On May 20, 2019
plaindealer:

Onitsha is not the largest market in Nigeria, not the largest in West Africa or Africa.
What kind of sophisticated moronic argument is this?
Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by plaindealer: 10:24pm On May 20, 2019
[s]
superlightning:

who told you the roads weren't tarred? do I post recent flooded roads of Lagos, Ibadan, Oshogbo or Abeokuta? stop fooling yourself.

years back, when it floods, APC shits will go and snap picture to gain votes.... so they have continued the tradition? lollll.....old fake pics.....

this was when they started working on the road years back...the road is very long. ARIRIA MARKET IS VERY BIG. I don't know if they did ALL of it, but most parts of the road have been completed.

[/s]

Ariaria Int’l Market, An Open Advert Of A Failed Govt – APC Chieftain (Photos/Video)

By ABN EDITOR - January 25, 2019

A chieftain of APC in Abia, Rev. Barr. Sally William Chinebu (PhD) has decried the poor state of Ariaria International Market Aba, describing it as an indication of a failed government.

Speaking with ABN TV on Saturday, Rev. Chinebu, a former Zonal Women leader APC expressed dissatisfaction that despite wearing the nomenclature of an international market where millions of people from across the world come to do business, the market is still in bad shape. “Within five minutes the rain started, the whole place was covered and people were scampering for safety. I don’t know if there is any drainage because you can’t see anyone, you can’t put your legs anywhere, you can’t walk. People were rushing into their shops because they barricaded the water with blocks. I was told when the rain gets serious it could sack people from their shops and I marveled and say this is the so much talked about Ariaria market. This is just the beginning of the rain and a market where millions of people trade is like this?” she queried

https://www.abnews247.com/2019/01/ariaria-intl-market-an-open-advert-of-a-failed-govt-apc-chieftain-photos-video/

Stop lying.

It's 2019, January and I have the video and link that says it's 2019. The link came from ABNEWS in Abia, not APC or PDP news.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by plaindealer: 10:26pm On May 20, 2019
superlightning:

Fashola was there in 2018 and as you can see, the road wasn't fixed.

You people need to stop lying.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by superlightning: 11:47pm On May 20, 2019
plaindealer:

Fashola was there in 2018 and as you can see, the road wasn't fixed.

You people need to stop lying.

Mumu, ariaria is a very large market, its about the size of a local government area. so the question should have been what part of ariaria market was fashola at?

this lame guy actually thinks ariaria market is a one-way street. mumuism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by plaindealer: 12:09am On May 21, 2019
[s]
superlightning:

Mumu, ariaria is a very large market, its about the size of a local government area. so the question should have been what part of ariaria market was fashola at?

this lame guy actually thinks ariaria market is a one-way street. mumuism.
[/s]

Another lame and lousy excuse..So, after trashing your lies, you changed the story from the road was fixed to the part of the market Fashola visited? Front, back, east, west or any corner of the Market, what difference does it make?

When you people spewed your lies that they fixed the roads, you didn't say this or that part of the market was fixed, but you still can not show us any proof that the road was fixed regardless of the part you people are lying about.

In fact, all the roads in the market doesn't deserve to be fixed?

Please go away with your lies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by Imo1stson: 12:21am On May 21, 2019
Nowhere in Nigeria is like Lagos so just see it as what it is. Industries are concentrated in Lagos with spill over to nearby Ogun State.
Re: Why Are There Few Industries In The East?? by Uchek(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2020
Really
Bighead9:

It's because the East is not safe, the do not have the money to patronize the finished products, the East is filled with Kidnappers Ritualist armed robbers, the East is a failed region. That is why the Igbo's can't stay in the East.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Over 30 Ijaw Killed By Military!!!(Photos). / James Onanefe Ibori The Criminal! / Why Has Asari Dokubo Kept Silent About The Australian? [PICTURE WITH NEGOTIATOR]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.