Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria (46269 Views)

Inside The ₦181m Cadillac Escalade Mobile Bunker Built For The Rich And Famous / Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... / This Electric Car Prototype Is Built For Africa’s Rural Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by poseidon12: 5:39pm On May 19, 2019
Awoleesu:
OP, I no see Tundra and Tacoma!
Those are the real "built for naija roads"...

Tundra and Tacoma are built in the USA for the American market. Some Nigerians import them but they are built for the US market.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Platony(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2019
Are they trying to tell me AVALON that is everywhere here in Nigeria isn't built for Nigeria? undecided
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2019
Very funny. Toyota makes next to nothing from the Nigerian auto market. What does it stand to gain from Tokunbo markets?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by TechCapon(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
h

He isn't on point on this.
how? Kindly explain
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by AnthonyAk(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2019
The land cruiser isnt here in canada its the lexus jeep instead. But there are corollas and camrys all over here.

One thing that baffles me is why they still add a tape player to nigerian made cars
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 19, 2019
TechCapon:
how? Kindly explain

Do you know why we have "American specs", " Asian spec" etc on cars?_Market!

How many Nigerians can afford to buy brand new cars? Of all the cars you can count on the road, how many are brand new -at least by guessing? Toyota can't build a car just for Nigeria now. Maybe in future.

Not everything written is true. Autojosh lied on this.

1 Like

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by airsaylongcon: 5:52pm On May 19, 2019
Pr0cter:

Please keep it simple and explain to me.

If you have driven Japanese and German before no one will tell you the difference. So I take it you haven't driven both.

The primary difference? Efficiency vs Performance. Japanese build their vehicles for fuel efficiency. So the vehicles use less fuel to cover more distance.

The Germans on the other hand build "performance" vehicles. If I was with you head to head at a traffic light and we accelerated off together. You will be seeing my tail lights after 5 maybe 8 seconds

4 Likes

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Temptee101(m): 5:56pm On May 19, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
But that's all the Toyota vehicles we know. So which ones were not built for Nigeria?

BTW, my first FTC
You said my mind bro. I wonder the Toyota models still remaining
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Hoodbilonia: 5:57pm On May 19, 2019
I like avalon
Wit fj cruiser
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Pr0cter: 5:59pm On May 19, 2019
airsaylongcon:

If you have driven Japanese and German before no one will tell you the difference. So I take it you haven't driven both.

The primary difference? Efficiency vs Performance. Japanese build their vehicles for fuel efficiency. So the vehicles use less fuel to cover more distance.

The Germans on the other hand build "performance" vehicles. If I was with you head to head at a traffic light and we accelerated off together. You will be seeing my tail lights after 5 maybe 8 seconds

Thanks for ur insult and at the same narration.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by MzTunechi(f): 6:00pm On May 19, 2019
unikazzy:

Toyota highlander

Toyota sienna

Toyota Venza

E.t.c
Let me add my own
Toyota Matrix
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Vires: 6:00pm On May 19, 2019
So Siena wasn't built for Nigerian roads?
I laugh in Spanish undecided
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Kkposky: 6:01pm On May 19, 2019
Toyota Benz is specifically built for Nigerians with foreign blood ....

We have just 2 in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by stchinedu: 6:11pm On May 19, 2019
AUTOJOSH1:

Below are the Toyota models specifically built for Nigeria according to Toyota Nigeria Limited
1. Toyota Yaris
2. Toyota Corolla
3. Toyota Avensis
4. Toyota Camry
5. Toyota Rush
6. Toyota Rav4
7. Toyota Avanza
8. Toyota Fortuner
9. Toyota Prado
10. Toyota Landcruiser
11. Toyota LC 70
12. Toyota Hiace
13. Toyota Coaster
14. Toyota Dyna
15. Toyota Hilux

Source: https://autojosh.com/15-toyota-specifically-built-nigeria/

Na which kain highness be this?

You listed all the models and tagged it 'built for Nigeria' undecided

Anyway, nice listing, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by bizhop01: 6:17pm On May 19, 2019
Nigeria patronize Toyota than any other country
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by SALIMAN(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2019
Highlander and Venza nko, Without these cars Toyota Nigeria dealers never complete
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Guruindahouse(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2019
Make I bring my mat here grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by gracefoundmme(m): 6:52pm On May 19, 2019
Na wa o.. this are Toyota products na shocked

Visit eagwebs.com and thank me later.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by ACE1010: 7:07pm On May 19, 2019
I suspect you're a Toyota Nigeria Limited marketer. You have been " mobilized " handsomely to do this job.... I see!!!

1 Like

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by AreaFada2: 7:20pm On May 19, 2019
Chizzyjoyce:
undecided

I see same things mbok

Which ones were not built for Nigeria mbok
It is not about model. It is that these models though in other countries but also have versions made with adjustment to the rough terrain and environment of Nigeria.
So only car models that have some of it adjusted that Toyota official dealers will offer within Nigeria. Because only those are deemed up to standard by Toyota and offer the usual warranty for.

Assuming the list is complete, it means you cannot buy a Toyota Celica from those official dealers. Toyota just don't have supply them to sell in Nigeria. But unofficial dealers can get them into Nigeria from Western countries where Celica is deemed good enough for the environment.

1 Like

Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by whizpa(m): 7:23pm On May 19, 2019
I call BS on this list.. Those cars were not specifically built for Nigeria. They are DEFAULT models. If you go to other countries you will also find these cars. Like when the electric Yaris was first launched in the U.S, If it were made 'specifically' for Nigeria, then the electric Yaris would have been named something else. Nigeria does not have a specific Toyota model. We just take what they give us. If you see the UAE build of the Toyota Hilux, you will know we are being cheated in Nigeria.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Bsideboi(m): 7:43pm On May 19, 2019
I'm I safe to say all Avalon's and Siennas on our road are Tokunbo. @Autojosh
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 7:48pm On May 19, 2019
Which car I go come buy..... I want to buy a car
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Blackicegold(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2019
[quote author=ThePreachersSon post=78511537]But that's all the Toyota vehicles we know. So which ones were not built for Nigeria?

BTW, my first FTC

That is not all the Toyota products in 9ja. What of the fj cruiser wink
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Freshbaba95(m): 7:58pm On May 19, 2019
unikazzy:

Toyota highlander

Toyota sienna

Toyota Venza

E.t.c

You forgot Avalon
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Computergloba: 8:02pm On May 19, 2019
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by Benwallt(m): 8:06pm On May 19, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
But that's all the Toyota vehicles we know. So which ones were not built for Nigeria?

BTW, my first FTC
grin grin grin grin grin ;Dlol. U too much
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:10pm On May 19, 2019
ThePreachersSon:

BTW, my first FTC
I can list over 20 Toyota brands now!
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by LegalOpinion: 8:43pm On May 19, 2019
ThePreachersSon:

BTW, my first FTC

Toyota Avalon, Highlander, Sienna and Venza are not there.
Re: 15 Toyota Models Specifically Built For Nigeria by LegalOpinion: 8:48pm On May 19, 2019
stchinedu:

Na which kain highness be this?

You listed all the models and tagged it 'built for Nigeria' undecided

Anyway, nice listing, thanks for sharing.

Toyota has over 90 models.

Even the popular Sienna and Highlander are not on the list and you never noticed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / A Car With Ankara Paint / Tesla Driverless Car Crashes Into Tree & Bursts Into Flames In Texas, Killing 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.