Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA (3889 Views)

2023: We Insist On Southern President, Not Yoruba President –afenifere / Femi Aribisala: Tinubu, Oshiomhole Now Internally Displaced Politicians / Oshiomhole And Obaseki’s Credentials By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by Guestlander: 6:53pm On May 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

Did u ask this question when u begged them for vote just few months ago

I didn't beg anyone for any votes.

1 Like

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by kayfra: 6:59pm On May 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

Nothing stop the north too ...without rotation south would never smell presidency

That's fine. It will probably quicken restructuring
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by duncun: 7:26pm On May 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by kayfra: 7:28pm On May 21, 2019
duncun:
And the north 2ill restructure for you? The ultimate is disintegration.

They won't. It will only make the south more United in purpose since they'll never have presidential power. Quickening the disintegration we all long for.

2 Likes

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by adekolaelect(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2019
teufelein:

"The Hausa-Fulani have had more than their fair share. The Yoruba have had their turn. Ditto for the Niger Delta. What excuse then can there be for denying the Igbo their turn in 2023? Only nonsensical and self-serving ones."
but don't forget A political offices in Democratic government is not given on sentimental or as a gift but POLITICS AND VOTING .

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by OAUTemitayo: 9:21pm On May 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

Why are u also saying its the turn of the south 2023

What ever makes 2023 time for south is what makes it time for igbos ...do otherwise and watch north take it
Are Igbos the only one from South?
what about Edos,, Isokos, Urhobos, Ogoni, Ibibio, Efik and others who have never mounted the post?
At least Igbos have had two former leaders in Zik and Aguiyi Ironsi.
If it is rotational, then it must go round people who have never tasted it before it reach those who have tasted it.
You are talking about 'must' in a voting process?
How can you force people to vote for you?
Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by richie240: 9:44pm On May 21, 2019
Guestlander:
"The question needs to be asked: are the Igbo Nigerians or are they not? "

This is the question I like to ask the people who claims to be Biafrans and those calling Nigeria a zoo.
I'll be surprised if aribisala really composed ds article.

The big question that shd be asked is: who is preventing d se from Nigeria's exalted position?

Politics is a game of numbers. You build bridges (not destroy it) to achieve what u want. You hate Hausa's, Fulani's, yorubas etc. yet u expect them to love u talkless of making u their leader?

You call Nigeria all sorts of name ranging from "zoo" "shithole country", wish Nigeria evil at the slightest opportunity etc You see urself as biafrans yet u expect d mandate of leadership of Nigeria to be (practically speaking) dropped into ur laps?

Ahn-ahn! Make Una sef reason am nah!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by mrvitalis(m): 9:55pm On May 21, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

Are Igbos the only one from South?
what about Edos,, Isokos, Urhobos, Ogoni, Ibibio, Efik and others who have never mounted the post?
At least Igbos have had two former leaders in Zik and Aguiyi Ironsi.
If it is rotational, then it must go round people who have never tasted it before it reach those who have tasted it.
You are talking about 'must' in a voting process?
How can you force people to vote for you?
Who does that?
We have 3 sub zones in the south ...south west ,south south and south east dont act dumb

South west contesting means igbos wont waste our time because north would easily win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by MONITZ: 10:50pm On May 21, 2019
Guestlander:

Denying them how? Rotation is not written anywhere in the constitution. The rotation the writer was talking about was a policy adopted by some political parties and there are at least 10 political parties in Nigeria.
Is there anyone saying Ibos cannot contest under any of these parties?

But it was the same rotational agreement that the north used in voting Buhari en mass in the elections of 2015 bxos they believed they were yet to complete their own turn of eight years due to Yaradua's sudden death,argue with a clear conscience and not with bias/prejudice,just bxos u want to buttress a point u re here saying there are lots of political parties in Nigeria,how many of the parties are relevant apart from the PDP and APC?.
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by OAUTemitayo: 11:35pm On May 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

We have 3 sub zones in the south ...south west ,south south and south east dont act dumb

South west contesting means igbos wont waste our time because north would easily win
Nobody is telling Igbos not to contest.
Democracy is all about choice. If Igbos contest, who will vote for them will do so. Same with Yorubas, there is nothing like 'must' in democracy.

According to Igbos when Jonathan contested for second term, there is no zoning in Nigerian constitution.
If I see an Igbo man that meets my expectations, I will vote him. If it is Igalla, I will do same.
But nobody can sit down in Ariara and tell me I must vote for somebody. That's really annoying.

4 Likes

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 1:43am On May 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Nothing stop the north too ...without rotation south would never smell presidency

Rotation between North and South still exists and & is one of the pillars holding up this country.

Microzoning within the regions is what is alien.
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 1:55am On May 22, 2019
kayfra:

They won't. It will only make the south more United in purpose since they'll never have presidential power. Quickening the disintegration we all long for.

...and this is what the North knows too well, and why I'm dead sure power will go south in 2023. Rotation is sacrosanct.
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by duncun: 3:00am On May 22, 2019
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 3:08am On May 22, 2019
duncun:
And you wish it continues to be alien at the detriment of se/ss.? If the south fails to be reasonable enough, then the north will tap from its foolishness

The SE isn't playing the kind of politics that would allow others concede anything to them and this foolishness has been pointed out severally but nothing has changed. The SS stands a better chance.

Rotation between North and South is what is recognized; whether the candidate is Isoko, Ijaw, Yoruba, Efik, Igbo, Fulani, Kanuri or Tiv.

1 Like

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 3:12am On May 22, 2019
duncun:
And you wish it continues to be alien at the detriment of se/ss.? If the south fails to be reasonable enough, then the north will tap from its foolishness .

Lest I forget...

Why can't you demand the 2023 ticket from the PDP which the SE has supported en masse for over 20 years?

1 Like

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by duncun: 3:20am On May 22, 2019
[.]
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by duncun: 3:26am On May 22, 2019
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 3:30am On May 22, 2019
duncun:
se and ss have always voted for pdp and it won't change now, however if sw need a vote from this two regions in future she has to be reasonable . I'm being plain as I can.

That wasn't my question.

Why can the SE not demand the 2023 ticket from the PDP since you all believe politics is by entitlement and you've always supported the party like you rightly said?

4 Likes

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 3:34am On May 22, 2019
duncun:
If the SW fails to be reasonable, then the north should continue. Should sw be in a position of se/ss you will do worst.

Which one is being reasonable again? Answer the question above.

Mind you I'm from the core North and care less if you want to give us Presidency for life but I want you to defend the validity of your argument.
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by duncun: 3:39am On May 22, 2019
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 3:45am On May 22, 2019
duncun:
Let's just say, you need me as much as I need you. If we can't work together then let the stranger reap from our foolishness.

You cannot answer a simple question lol grin

Are you too ashamed to say the SE is still not politically worthy to demand the 2023 ticket from the PDP despite 20 years support & loyalty?

And you're not ashamed to continue to say you'll continue to serve the party regardless of the insult like a political slave? See why everyone says Igbos suck at politics?

Too bad your best card in 2023 is that the North continues to rule you till you receive sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by 35824L: 3:54am On May 22, 2019
duncun:
se and ss have always voted for pdp and it won't change now, however if sw need a vote from this two regions in future she has to be reasonable . I'm being plain as I can.
If you already know that you lots will vote for PDP no matter what, why should APC risk losing power in 2023 by giving a flat-head their presidential ticket? You don't expect others to be as foolish as you, do you?
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by duncun: 4:04am On May 22, 2019
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by duncun: 4:09am On May 22, 2019
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by mrvitalis(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Rotation between North and South still exists and & is one of the pillars holding up this country.

Microzoning within the regions is what is alien.
Where is it written ....the south east n south south would give north the go ahead

You cant be smart by half
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by mrvitalis(m): 6:01am On May 22, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

Nobody is telling Igbos not to contest.
Democracy is all about choice. If Igbos contest, who will vote for them will do so. Same with Yorubas, there is nothing like 'must' in democracy.

According to Igbos when Jonathan contested for second term, there is no zoning in Nigerian constitution.
If I see an Igbo man that meets my expectations, I will vote him. If it is Igalla, I will do same.
But nobody can sit down in Ariara and tell me I must vote for somebody. That's really annoying.

What stops the north from allowing west take apc and east take pdp ...form a new party n take it

Its simple. ..igbos wont waste ur time unless there is a united south , no southerner can win without a united south

If that doesn't happen let the north keel it .. Its no biggie
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by OAUTemitayo: 6:10am On May 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

What stops the north from allowing west take apc and east take pdp ...form a new party n take it

Its simple. ..igbos wont waste ur time unless there is a united south , no southerner can win without a united south

If that doesn't happen let the north keel it .. Its no biggie
You are talking of Southern Unity now when it favors you?
When Awolowo contested for the presidential position in 1975, you people didn't deem it fit for Southern Unity despite the fact Igbos and Hausas as at that time had ruled Nigerians more than others. You didn't consider Southern unity then.
Igbos have never supported a Yoruba politician except when they had no choice, when OBJ and Falae were the candidates.

See, as much as I wish Igbos taste the office, I doubt it is reasonable to go all out to support somebody who wish you evil despite being the most accommodating tribe to them in Nigeria.
The seeds of hatred sowed by Igbos against Yorubas is too much.
There is nothing like Southern unity.
Let PDP give you the ticket, if APC gives Yorubas the ticket, let's go to the field and slug it out.
After harassing Nigerians with different demeaning names, you are now talking of unity.
When you stop the hate, love will evolve naturally.

3 Likes

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by mrvitalis(m): 6:17am On May 22, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

You are talking of Southern Unity now when it favors you?
When Awolowo contested for the presidential position in 1975, you people didn't deem it fit for Southern Unity despite the fact Igbos and Hausas as at that time had ruled Nigerians more than others. You didn't consider Southern unity then.
Igbos have never supported a Yoruba politician except when they had no choice, when OBJ and Falae were the candidates.

See, as much as I wish Igbos taste the office, I doubt it is reasonable to go all out to support somebody who wish you evil despite being the most accommodating tribe to them in Nigeria.
The seeds of hatred sowed by Igbos against Yorubas is too much.
There is nothing like Southern unity.
Let PDP give you the ticket, if APC gives Yorubas the ticket, let's go to the field and slug it out.
After harassing Nigerians with different demeaning names, you are now talking of unity.
When you stop the hate, love will evolve naturally.
Oga this is not a too much talk

Igbos have never supported a yoruba person ....who was OBJ

Choose your own igbo man and support simple

The truth is ...its either igbos from the south or the north keep rulling ....no much grammar
Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by QuotaSystem: 6:59am On May 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Where is it written ....the south east n south south would give north the go ahead

You cant be smart by half

You're just being overly emotional. It is a gentleman's agreement between the North and South.

Drop your defeatist attitude and start making effort to get PDP presidential ticket for the SE.

If you cannot demand for the PDP ticket after 20 years loyal service which you should be entitled to, then you have no right to demand for the SW to concede the southern APC ticket to you; a party you have all rejected from day 1.

QED.

1 Like

Re: No Yoruba President In Nigeria For Another 20 Years ~ DR. FEMI ARIBISALA by OAUTemitayo: 7:00am On May 22, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga this is not a too much talk

Igbos have never supported a yoruba person ....who was OBJ

Choose your own igbo man and support simple

The truth is ...its either igbos from the south or the north keep rulling ....no much grammar
Igbos had no choice in OBJ and Falae contest.
You want to reap where you didn't sow.
2023, every party should choose whoever it deem fit.
Let's slug it out.
Yorubas are ready for Hausas to rule forever, we are known never to wail over such issue. We did it from 1960 till 2015. It is what we are used to.
We will never work for a party and hand over its presidential ticket to people that called us unprintable names while building the party.
Go and take PDP's ticket.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu, A Lawyer But Acting Like A Tailor / Nyesom Wike In Trouble As ICC Reopens Criminal Case / Imagine This:senator Laments Low Birth Rate Among Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.