Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (972207 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sk4omo: 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2016
pls add me to the Mercedes whatsapp group. My numbers are 08037408834.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by skj1377(m): 1:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
TheRealGEJ:
House please, I need your help. I want to buy a 2001 Mercedes Benz C320. So far the cat is okay to me especially price wise but my only fear is that I didn't see the engine temperature gauge on the dash board. I complained about it but I was told that, that it displays on a screen on the dash board only when the temperature is high. Is that how the car truly works because I haven't heard that before. House please help
yes that is how it works for that model. After 2005 they started having temperature guages again
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by spur79: 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
@Rlgej pls hw much u got ur 2001 c320. and is it toks or naija used i plan to get one
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Danfuster(m): 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Pls guys, I really do need your help. My dad's Mercedes Benz E420 1996 model engine belt keeps pulling out everytime it's been reved, tho the power steering pump is licking and dropping around the AC compressor roler but the mech guy said the belt adjuster is bad and needs be changed. This car just went through a Lil conversion phase from a v8 8plugs to a v8 16plugs. This Car is still at ladipo auto market and I'm going there tomorrow to supervise the work as my dad has to get to work... He's a civil servant. Pls, your kind expertise to the guru in the house. Thank you.

Cc @ Gazzuzz, Sienna
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 01, 2016
TheRealGEJ:
House please, I need your help. I want to buy a 2001 Mercedes Benz C320. So far the cat is okay to me especially price wise but my only fear is that I didn't see the engine temperature gauge on the dash board. I complained about it but I was told that, that it displays on a screen on the dash board only when the temperature is high. Is that how the car truly works because I haven't heard that before. House please help

The car can show the Temp on the dash press the page up button until the displays the mileage then press the up button you would a digital meter. You need to be pretty smart to Understand the car. This saved me when my water pumped failed I was able to stop and get it fixed before the car over heated.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2016
cne010:

The car can show the Temp on the dash press the page up button until the displays the mileage then press the up button you would a digital meter. You need to be pretty smart to Understand the car. This saved me when my water pumped failed I was able to stop and get it fixed before the car over heated.
this is more like it. you can use the up and down scroll button on the searing wheel to navigate to this point on the dash board. the dash board works like computer, at your leisure time you can also play with it to see more functions like checking engine oil level, changing time, language, automatic head lamp etc
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2016
spur79:
pls admin add me benz watapp grp 08062078159
me too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
I intend to use the Liqui moly Top Tec ATF 1600 for my automatic transmission, Please am i safe?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gluck4cars: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hello Guys,

My 2006 ML350 needs a ECU (brain-box) and VIN is 4JGBB86E86A024193.

I will appreciate contacts of a seller if anyone here has had any previous dealings in this regard. Thanks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 04, 2016
Is the C-class 1997 Model a good ride?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tonychristopher: 8:19am On Feb 05, 2016
I have two cars ..a Japanese and a c class ..to be frank ..th best car I have driven is a c class kompresor.. The handling is superb...the body alignment awesome the accerelation that of McLaren.. Tgat car is a beast of three starts but the finest is the fuel efficiency

The downside is the electronic ...it turns off once in a while but it minor faults ...the engine of a Benz is basically built to last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tonychristopher: 8:20am On Feb 05, 2016
drjoshua2000:
Is the C-class 1997 Model a good ride?

Oga I drive that car...it's the best Benz you can drive ..if you do t want to buy it let me have the sellers contacts let me buy it

Tgat car is awesome
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tonychristopher: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2016
Danfuster:
Pls guys, I really do need your help. My dad's Mercedes Benz E420 1996 model engine belt keeps pulling out everytime it's been reved, tho the power steering pump is licking and dropping around the AC compressor roler but the mech guy said the belt adjuster is bad and needs be changed. This car just went through a Lil conversion phase from a v8 8plugs to a v8 16plugs. This Car is still at ladipo auto market and I'm going there tomorrow to supervise the work as my dad has to get to work... He's a civil servant. Pls, your kind expertise to the guru in the house. Thank you.

Cc @ Gazzuzz, Sienna

Why convert a car that has been tuned with computer...you successfully messed that benz up...the best advise

But another engine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Denn(m): 11:01am On Feb 05, 2016
New benz WhatsApp group....for obvious reasons.

Cc kingreign et al

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 11:21am On Feb 05, 2016
Denn:
New benz WhatsApp group....for obvious reasons.

Cc kingreign et al

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kayez: 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
The WhatsApp group as presently constituted seem overrated. It was great to have been there. Made good friends and contacts I'll keep in touch with always.

It used to make a whole lot of sense when benz ish was shared and solved on NL. I can't massage someone's ego just to remain on the WhatsApp group.

Kingreign et al .... I know where to find you.

Thanks guys.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
kayez:
The WhatsApp group as presently constituted seem overrated. It was great to have been there. Made good friends and contacts I'll keep in touch with always.

It used to make a whole lot of sense when benz ish was shared and solved on NL. I can't massage someone's ego just to remain on the WhatsApp group.

Kingreign et al .... I know where to find you.

Thanks guys.

Bros, no vex o, hope I no offend you in anyway this one you mentioned that bolded. embarassed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Danfuster(m): 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
tonychristopher:

Why convert a car that has been tuned with computer...you successfully messed that benz up...the best advise

But another engine
i

Pls understand that no one would wake up one morning and just say he wants that kinda conversion done on his or her car, the engine ripped open underneath along benin - onitsha express way, took a week to find the engine at ladipo auto market but couldn't find the specific one which led to buying the 16plug engine... then had to way bill it to asaba....long story short, they finally fixed a new brain box and the rewire guy did some wiring works and it's working now but the only problem is it jerks when you try to do a Lil kick down from like gear 1 and 2 but flows smoothly when at 3 upward... Pls advice on this gurus. Thank
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by datigbogirl: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Does anyone know about ML 320/350 I'm about settling for a 2003 model but ppl dey tell me sey ML class na very problematic SUV...how true peeps?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 7:21am On Feb 08, 2016
datigbogirl:
Does anyone know about ML 320/350 I'm about settling for a 2003 model but ppl dey tell me sey ML class na very problematic SUV...how true peeps?
2003 ML320 is a solid ride.People will always have something to say .Just try and get a neat and problem free one and i can tel you for free you will come back here to sing about the ride
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2016
Danfuster:

Cc @ Gazzuzz, Sienna

Hmmm E420 1996 model with a V8 engine?that's a bit strange,anyway maybe its cos its 420,just that 1996.The rollers are not expensive and not hard to fix if truly its the culprit
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Denn(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2016
My W123 is up for sale....

You can check my sale link for further details.

https://www.nairaland.com/2918079/1977-mercedes-benz-200-sale

Thanks

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pls can I use Mobil ATF for my car servicing?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MrPristine: 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hi guys, i am in the market for a Nigerian used Seventies model SL Mercedes in serviceable condition to use for a restoration project, Kindly notify me if you are aware of any for sale, Thanx.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
datigbogirl:

[b]all cars can be problematic , if you do not give them what they need. I love the ML, & I own one . Bought it in 2013 december (Clean Tokunbo) about 11,000km mileage , actually a 2005 ML 350 Special Edition. 320/350 are V6 engines with 3.2/3.7 litre engine respectively . 350 more powerful & refined than the 320, just minor difference in overall build. 320 production was stopped in 2003 and replaced with 350 until 2005, in the W163 category.
M class (W163) are not problematic , especially the later builds (2002-2005), the earlier builds (1998-2001) had a few quality control issues, but Benz later improved in the later builds of the W163. Just make sure you get a clean well maintained one , & do your regular servicing & make the owners manual your friend read it like a religious book grin, & you would have no problems , like all benz the W163 MLs are very strong & reliable , for me the ML W163 combines Class & Ruggedity all in one package better than any other benz, W163 strong die grin..yet classy .[/b]

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 09, 2016
Denn:
My W123 is up for sale....
You can check my sale link for further details.
https://www.nairaland.com/2918079/1977-mercedes-benz-200-sale
Thanks
Oga Denn bet why? so this fine classic is up for sale?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by datigbogirl: 9:28am On Feb 09, 2016
dabosuker:

[b]all cars can be problematic , if you do not give them what they need. I love the ML, & I own one . Bought it in 2013 december (Clean Tokunbo) about 11,000km mileage , actually a 2005 ML 350 Special Edition. 320/350 are V6 engines with 3.2/3.7 litre engine respectively . 350 more powerful & refined than the 320, just minor difference in overall build. 320 production was stopped in 2003 and replaced with 350 until 2005, in the W163 category.
M class (W163) are not problematic , especially the later builds (2002-2005), the earlier builds (1998-2001) had a few quality control issues, but Benz later improved in the later builds of the W163. Just make sure you get a clean well maintained one , & do your regular servicing & make the owners manual your friend read it like a religious book grin, & you would have no problems , like all benz the W163 MLs are very strong & reliable , for me the ML W163 combines Class & Ruggedity all in one package better than any other benz, W163 strong die grin..yet classy .[/b]

But my money no fit afford the toks oh...na clean naija used own I fit afford...should I be worried?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:46am On Feb 09, 2016
datigbogirl:

But my money no fit afford the toks oh...na clean naija used own I fit afford...should I be worried?

You should be very careful with a Naija used Benz. If you must go the Naija route,ensure you inspect the vehicle in and out to ascertain the condition before buying. Benz is not like Jap that can tolerate abuse...Goodluck
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by miebakar: 10:26am On Feb 09, 2016
Hello likeminds kindly add me to the WhatsApp group ( soon to b owner ) 08163924926
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 09, 2016
Pls I have to hold on to d key of my C230 1997 model for few seconds before it starts. What could be the fault and how can I fix it. Please I need answers plss.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mophic123: 11:15am On Feb 09, 2016
inze:

. . . its not a loss. It'll save you from sleepless nights and migraine. Scan that vehicle
Sir,d following code comes up on the ML P1420,P0100
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by datigbogirl: 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eyop:

You should be very careful with a Naija used Benz. If you must go the Naija route,ensure you inspect the vehicle in and out to ascertain the condition before buying. Benz is not like Jap that can tolerate abuse...Goodluck

I tot as much too....shey make I come save up for toks den?

how much I fit toks ml350 05 model?

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.