Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968322 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
oyejohn:
There is a Benz C220 that has an engine that has knocked and I want to to buy it and put in order. The seller said the key got lost and cut another one and it was faulty and thereby affected the engine.
I was told that if I change the engine and gear that it will be ok.
Please note also that it is a diesel engine and I hope to convert to petrol
Thanks all am sure I can't go wrong here

Im sure you will go way wrong if you wanna convert (if the person handling it isnt very experienced). Why not fix any current fault and sell off the car?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
oyejohn:
There is a Benz C220 that has an engine that has knocked and I want to to buy it and put in order. The seller said the key got lost and cut another one and it was faulty and thereby affected the engine.

Just RUN for you life... The Key is a BrainBox issue and has got nothing to do with the enigine. Converting Diesel to Petro I have no expertise in that field find another car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mophic123: 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2016
Is ML320 01 model brainbox repairable and any idea of replacement cost? 08132270492/08023531571.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mophic123: 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2016
muhamm3d:
I can help you get one (original or grade 1 tokumbo) and delivered to you, provided you stay in lagos. you pay after delivery. contact me at 08174694836 or muhammedbashir70@yahoo.com.

pls how much can you make available for brainbox of ML 320 01 model. 08132270492/08023531571
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Uten9z(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
roy4real:
oga Sienna nd all merc benz experts in d house I hail. my C240 2001 model refused 2 select gear after d mechanic worked on d radiator y/day. after a scan 2day, d machine started 2 select with a noticeable sound. d mechanic observed a shortage in d ATF level nd suggested a change of ATF with OANDO dexron II. Is dis oil ideal 4 a C240 2001 Model?
good day oga, abeg I will want to know if the above atf worked for u
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
Uten9z:

good day oga, abeg I will want to know if the above atf worked for u

Don't even think of using Oando or Total dextron ii oil. It will crash that transmission. Mercedes recommends Star or Fusch atf oil.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Uten9z(m): 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2016
kingreign:

Don't even think of using Oando or Total dextron ii oil. It will crash that transmission. Mercedes recommends Star or Fusch atf oil.
I just bought and used Total DextRon 11 what am I suppose to do now
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:49am On Mar 03, 2016
Uten9z:

I just bought and used Total DextRon 11 what am I suppose to do now

Drain that damn oil and refil with either star or fusch 3-4 times or else you will have to budget for new gearbox.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Uten9z(m): 6:56am On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

Drain that damn oil and refil with either star or fusch 3-4 times or else you will have to budget for new gearbox.
how so u mean 3 - 4 times, so u mean by using the fusch to flush and throw away. how many liter do I need cus I used 6 liter yesterday ans is overflowing.
Thanks for concerns
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:01am On Mar 03, 2016
Uten9z:

how so u mean 3 - 4 times, so u mean by using the fusch to flush and throw away. how many liter do I need cus I used 6 liter yesterday ans is overflowing.
Thanks for concerns
Your tranny drains only 6 litres out from drain sump. You will have yo do a drain and refill then drive for some kilometers to mix with the poison you poured into thr atf then refill again. Do this like 3-4 times. You are using 6 litres each time.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:03am On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

Your tranny drains only 6 litres out from drain sump. You will have yo do a drain and refill then drive for some kilometers to mix with the poison you poured into the atf then refill again. Do this like 3-4 times. You are using 6 litres each time.

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:10am On Mar 03, 2016
Eyop:

cheesy grin cheesy

Ete, mesiere o.
That man went to awake a sleeping lion. Its rather unfortunate. I will rather not even touch my tranny than to fill up with wrong spec atf. I have a customer who filled an american suv using an AISIN toyota gearbox with total atf dextron iii just because she felt its time to change atf she went to one kazeem near her area and did it later tranny flares and slippage started till the car stopped responding totally to any drive or throttle input. That wrong act is about to set her back by 200k.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:27am On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

Ete, mesiere o.
That man went to awake a sleeping lion. Its rather unfortunate. I will rather not even touch my tranny than to fill up with wrong spec atf. I have a customer who filled an american suv using an AISIN toyota gearbox with total atf dextron iii just because she felt its time to change atf she went to one kazeem near her area and did it later tranny flares and slippage started till the car stopped responding totally to any drive or throttle input. That wrong act is about to set her back by 200k.

Obong owo amesiere nde,yak emem abasi odu ya afo.

I just don't know why people will not go through their manual before doing such and if they aren't sure of what to do,they can always ask questions. The earlier he flushes that poison cheesy out of that tranny like you advised,the better for him.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:30am On Mar 03, 2016
Eyop:

Obong owo amesiere nde,yak emem abasi odu ya afo.
Amen smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mophic123: 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
honmusa:

Bro ,who mentioned that scanning heal car automatically ?you still have many things to learn o ,you are just chanced to see a mere code reader and you feel that is alpha and omega of diagnosing issue on car ,how can u suggest that scanning should be done for a car that is smoking ?u can as well suggest scanning for engine abnormal noice o.
Yes you are right scanning is one of the first line of auto-diagnotics procedure but there is much more to autodiagnotics procedure than scanning .
Scanning is just the using of code reader to retrieves DTC from you car computer ,depending on the sophistication level of your car obd2 system .Even my two year old daughter can run a scan on your car ,what matter is the skill set necessary to narrow down the issue and the availability of other auto diagnotics tools to narrow down the root of the problem .
There is more than other hundred of other dedicated auto -diagnostics tools that does separate functions from what a scanner will afford u.
Tell me what scanner will diagnose overheating issue,engine smoking,engine leak ,low compression issue,strange nice in engine ,voltage drop etc .this is just to tell u that there is much more to car autodiagnotics than what a scanner can give you.
Personally I feel anybody collecting fee for only retrieving DTC from your car with a so called -scanner is reaping you off ,more test need to be perform dig down most of the time.
I run a professional auto-diagnotics & auto Electrical school as well as professional services in Lagos,u can come for enrollment if you need to learn more .
I wud have love to bring my ML320 to ur office forr thorough diagnosing as u explained above but movement of the car is not good. is there any way out ? 08132270492/08023531571.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by honmusa(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
mophic123:

I wud have love to bring my ML320 to ur office forr thorough diagnosing as u explained above but movement of the car is not good. is there any way out ? 08132270492/08023531571.
u can contact @ 08061166316
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

how about using a Dextron III grade ATF ? from liquimoly
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
dabosuker:

If e like make e be seahorse or abro or whatever, as far as it's not FUSCH or STAR ATF, na palm oyel.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
Eyop:

cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

If e like make e be seahorse or abro or whatever, as far as it's not FUSCH or STAR ATF, na palm oyel.

I don dey use am for like 2 weeks now, ..even though transmission seems smooth o, embarassed,...the color is not even the traditional pink/red,..its like champagne color

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
dabosuker:

Is that what is in your manual? What's the model of your Benz?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
Eyop:

Is that what is in your manual? What's the model of your Benz?

2004 ML 350 special Edition
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
dabosuker:

2004 ML 350 special Edition

The below are the results gotten for the recommended transmission fluid for 2004 ML 350.

(a) Valvoline DEX / MERC Synthetic Transmission Fluid VV324

(b) Meyle ATF III-H Transmission Fluid 236.10, 1L 19892103

(c) Pentosin Automatic Transmission Fluid - (ATF 4134) - (MBZ Approval:236.14) 001 989 68 03 13

(d) Fuchs ATF 4134 (1 Liter) Automatic Transmission Fluid - (ATF 4134) - (MBZ Approval:236.14) 001 989 68 03 13

(e) Genuine Automatic Transmission Fluid - (ATF 4134) - (MBZ Approval:236.14) 001 989 68 03 13
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dabosuker(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
Eyop:

The below are the results gotten for the recommended transmission fluid for 2004 ML 350.

(a) Valvoline DEX / MERC Synthetic Transmission Fluid VV324

(b) Meyle ATF III-H Transmission Fluid 236.10, 1L 19892103

(c) Pentosin Automatic Transmission Fluid - (ATF 4134) - (MBZ Approval:236.14) 001 989 68 03 13

(d) Fuchs ATF 4134 (1 Liter) Automatic Transmission Fluid - (ATF 4134) - (MBZ Approval:236.14) 001 989 68 03
(e) Genuine Automatic Transmission Fluid - (ATF 4134) - (MBZ Approval:236.14) 001 989 68 03 13

ok thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kenchosen: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
pls my E-class Benz has a problem each
time the acceleration keeps cutting off
frequently if march the break its will just
cut off unless I off the engine and start it
again it comes up and cut off again pls any
body who has these experience pls help me. I will appreciate if we can talk on phone 08033473921 or sen a text message for solution. thank you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Am ever grateful for joining this thread. It inspired me to get a C230 1997 model and am really enjoying it. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Coldfaya(m): 2:27am On Mar 07, 2016
grimadult:
Hello house. Happy Sunday to you all. I just bought a 2006 C230 V6(my first ever Mercedes) . A day after it showed check engine and service overdue. It now misfires and smokes in the morning when I start it. Anyone know what I can do??

hello house, I'm also about to get this. 2006 c230, v6.
does this model have Peculiar issue??
is a v6 an issue? and how much does the engine cost just to have an idea of what I'm walking into
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 2:33am On Mar 07, 2016
Coldfaya:

is a v6 an issue? and how much does the engine cost just to have an idea of what I'm walking into

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Coldfaya(m): 7:27am On Mar 07, 2016
kingreign:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol bro this ur hmm dey scary fa. any experience??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:32am On Mar 07, 2016
Coldfaya:

It's a good car and you shouldn't be thinking about cost of engine if you are buying one that is in a good condition and will be well maintained by you. V6 is not an issue so if you love the model,go ahead and buy.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sheffyUTD(m): 8:42am On Mar 07, 2016
oyejohn:

@cne010, Eyop, Kingreign et al. . .

Everybody seems to be advising the quoted post to run away from it, why has nobody advised to just replace the engine with another diesel engine or [/b]Is anything wrong with diesel engine that is not obvious to the laymen users[b].
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:55am On Mar 07, 2016
sheffyUTD:

@cne010, Eyop, Kingreign et al. . .

Everybody seems to be advising the quoted post to run away from it, why has nobody advised to just replace the engine with another diesel engine or [/b]Is anything wrong with diesel engine that is not obvious to the laymen users[b].

There's nothing wrong with Diesel Engine but the issue is having a competent mechanic to handle maintenance and repairs. He also mentioned about Faulty gear and misplaced key. I wouldn't advise anyone to go for a Diesel engine Benz except he/she is sure that there's a reliable mechanic to handle repairs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.