Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969387 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
xerotop: @ eyop
Am so sorry if am a bit harsh sir,jst disturbed d way our dealers make things difficult for car buyers. At times when i look @ cars prices on d auto section, it gives me goose pimples. Someone planning to make over 2million on d sale of 1 car? Haba. Greed of d highest order.
Pls accept my appologies never meant to be harsh on u sir.
#3.5mil for a 2K9 C350, hmmm deal of the century. That means this dealers rly rip us off.
Bro cost of cars depends on certain factors, cos I saw a 2K lexus LX470 cost more than a 2K3 same car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
Number one factor is the mileage. I agree with you brother.
Gee2728:
#3.5mil for a 2K9 C350, hmmm deal of the century. That means this dealers rly rip us off.
Bro cost of cars depends on certain factors, cos I saw a 2K lexus LX470 cost more than a 2K3 same car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Daxbiz(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Hello my people.
I promised to give feedback once I purchased my dream ML 320 SUV.

Here's my dilemma.
I've been to the market and narrowed down my search to two heavenly looking MLs.

On doing a VIN Search here.on nairaland (kudos to Inze), I discovered that both vehicles are way past the 200k mark on the odometer.
My question is this - HOW SOUND IS A VEHICLE WHOSE READING IS 225,697km?

How long before the engine packs up?

Note that these two vehicles do not look their age at all.
ML 320 2003 MODEL.

Your candid advice needed.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Hello Bro,

Well from my own opinion,it all depends on the maintenance history of the car or SUV you intend to buy. If it was properly maintained,then you won't have a problem. A vehicle that has up to 200,000km or more that was properly maintained is better off a vehicle that has less than 100,000km with no proper maintenance done on it.

The Engine can still last you many more years as far as you bought it in good condition and yourself doing the proper maintenance on it as at when due and using genuine parts.
Daxbiz: Hello my people.
I promised to give feedback once I purchased my dream ML 320 SUV.

Here's my dilemma.
I've been to the market and narrowed down my search to two heavenly looking MLs.

On doing a VIN Search here.on nairaland (kudos to Inze), I discovered that both vehicles are way past the 200k mark on the odometer.
My question is this - HOW SOUND IS A VEHICLE WHOSE READING IS 225,697km?

How long before the engine packs up?

Note that these two vehicles do not look their age at all.
ML 320 2003 MODEL.

Your candid advice needed.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
you can do an engine compression test....if permitted.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Daxbiz(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
smartchoice: you can do an engine compression test....if permitted.

Sorry, what is that ? And how much will it cost ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Daxbiz(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
smartchoice: you can do an engine compression test....if permitted.

Last price for the ML 320 is N1.6m.
Worth it?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
Daxbiz:

A TOKEN it will tell you the state of the engine vis a vis each cylinder!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Arteta99(m): 12:32am On Oct 08, 2013
Please I drive a benz E-320 2002 model and the
battery always run down overnight. It was scanned
and the revealed codes are P2600 and P2310 and
the electrician don't really understand the codes.
Please what does these codes mean and how do I
rectify them
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 08, 2013
There is most likely an electrical drain in the car which needs to be patiently traced, also there is a kind of rectification that may also need to be done on the alternator unless you're sure it charges your battery efficiently while the engine is running. (personal experience) (like Elvis said earlier the codes mean low battery power...if correct) then what do you need to do? trace the source of the problem it maybe a grounded wire, an inefficient alternator or even a worn out serpentine belt! But whatever you do, take it slow and don't be tricked into making unnecessary rapid changes of your car components!

it's good you have decided to post on the MB thread...am sure others will be willing to assist

Arteta99:
Please I drive a benz E-320 2002 model and the
battery always run down overnight. It was scanned
and the revealed codes are P2600 and P2310 and
the electrician don't really understand the codes.
Please what does these codes mean and how do I
rectify them

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
smartchoice: There is most likely an electrical drain in the car which needs to be patiently traced, also there is a kind of rectification that may also need to be done on the alternator unless you're sure it charges your battery efficiently while the engine is running. (personal experience) (like Elvis said earlier the codes mean low battery power...if correct) then what do you need to do? trace the source of the problem it maybe a grounded wire, an inefficient alternator or even a worn out serpentine belt! But whatever you do, take it slow and don't be tricked into making unnecessary rapid changes of your car components!

it's good you have decided to post on the MB thread...am sure others will be willing to assist

You have said it all, boy!!@ Arteta99, Take what he says. Check your alternator for undervoltage, else it will kill your battery overtime. Check for loose connections of the wire system leading to the alternator and to the battery(By now your battery voltage may even have dippened below 10V during startup).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by haconni(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2013
lomzy1: I have a tokunbo Benz C220 "97" for sale @ 1.2 Million,
It is very clean.
Direct from Germany.
call 08023881557 or 07061933922

benz C220 1997 for sale

alloy wheels

Power windows

power door locks

Air Bags

ABS

5 speed Auto Transmission

open roof

auto

Factory fitted AC

*Direct from Germany*.

Price - 1.2 million

Does anyone know how much direct Tokunbo Old soldier Flat Booth Mercedes 230E sells in both Cotonou and Nigeria? My number is 08063960232. Pls be candid.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2013
New places!!!!!

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2013
? what?

Gee2728: New places!!!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 8:36am On Oct 16, 2013
smartchoice: ? what?

Went off road.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 16, 2013
Eastern 9ja I guess?

Gee2728:
Went off road.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2013
smartchoice: Eastern 9ja I guess?

Hahaha, far from it. Its in KADUNA......I guess na same everywhere for naija.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 16, 2013
no more oyel money for the kaduna mafia cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2013
smartchoice: no more oyel money for the kaduna mafia cheesy
Hmmm, my brother. No pple like us dey suffer am.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
http://mbworld.org/articles/mb-sl63-faster-everything-probably/

This looks like a video trick... A SL63 dusting a yamaha R1 superbike.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
on NL this is my home....crazy places...crazy threads but peace on cartalk...God bless the mod Ikenna351! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 6:40am On Oct 19, 2013
ziccoit: Fuel consumption data across the cars and wannabe. tongue
So what the hype cheesy
C180
and
C200

C280 also representing.

You have to look at the fuel ratings. The fuel rated for the Merc in the reference(s) made is NOT sold in Nigeria. Also, you have to be mindful of the units. The American units are smaller and does not attest to the SI measure of unit. That is: miles per gallon does not equate to the standard (S.I) litres per cent kilometres. Some math is needed here. This is just for your cognitive evaluation. 4L per unit consumption is not the same 4L in unit consumption in the United States.

Math-or-no-Math, you won't be getting any of the stated miles per gallon. The figures were generated and has always been lowered as time proceeds. A smaller engine also doesn't guarantee great economy in return. It is a case-by-case use of application, which will differ from person to person. A gas guzzler isn't included in the context used.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by viazi: 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
@all, I am planning of getting a 1999 C280 sport. I love this car and its gonna be my 1st Benz. How ever, I reside in Abuja and am a lawyer, I do a lot of driving around the town in hot sun and thus I need a very good AC for the hot weather. Can this Benz AC withstand Abuja heat. I need sincere and honest advice.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
You better prepare yourself very well for the Chilling effect. The AC in that Benz is Deep freezer cos i am talking from experience. My neighbour owns a 1999 C180 and even in a very very hot weather it can give you pneumonia. You can't compare the AC of a Benz with other brand of Japanese except there's a problem with the AC system.
viazi: @all, I am planning of getting a 1999 C280 sport. I love this car and its gonna be my 1st Benz. How ever, I reside in Abuja and am a lawyer, I do a lot of driving around the town in hot sun and thus I need a very good AC for the hot weather. Can this Benz AC withstand Abuja heat. I need sincere and honest advice.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
My ARCHITECH friend was in town 2day and we were so happy cos its been 2yrs since we saw each other. He came in shiny W203 C240 and I showed up in my old school W202 C230KOMPRESSOR. After all the pleasantries we decided 2 test each others ride. He took my car and quickly zoomed off out of site while I was still tryn 2 figure of the A/C control.

As soon as I got all that out the way, I pushed it as hard as I cld but only caught up at the finish line. I no go lie, that V6 of the C240 sounded rly sweet.

Next up was a straight on drag race, and not surprising 2 me the KOMPRESSOR was off and gone again, no matter how hard I squeezed the C240 I cld not match up.

I brought all this up not to be-little that C240 cos at the finish line I notice that his check engine light was on then I knew that was the issue. The point am trying to make is as long as that CEL stays on then the car is not performing at 100 percent. I love my C230K tho and am quite sure even with everything ok with his C240 he will strugle to out pace me any given sunday.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2013
So do you prefer the W203 C240 to your C230 Kompressor?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
abi o?

Eyop: So do you prefer the W203 C240 to your C230 Kompressor?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 12:05am On Oct 20, 2013
Eyop: So do you prefer the W203 C240 to your C230 Kompressor?
my kompressor any day!!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:51am On Oct 20, 2013
viazi: @all, I am planning of getting a 1999 C280 sport. I love this car and its gonna be my 1st Benz. How ever, I reside in Abuja and am a lawyer, I do a lot of driving around the town in hot sun and thus I need a very good AC for the hot weather. Can this Benz AC withstand Abuja heat. I need sincere and honest advice.

These were the face-lifted models of the w202, most of the shortcomings of the earlier models were corrected here.From my experience, these cars have one of the most effective functional ac system and can withstand very harsh temperature than her predecessors and some of todays newer cars. Just make sure that no one tampers with her cooling system, if possible, just get an MB scanner or any other scanner(preferably ODBII) for it to avoid trial and error mech. At such, this car is one of the most reliable MB and hardly do breakdown.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 2:07am On Oct 20, 2013
Gee2728:
I no go lie, that V6 of the C240 sounded rly sweet.

Enjoyment galore! How did you feel the expensive aura of the c240 interior?

Gee2728:

Next up was a straight on drag race, and not surprising 2 me the KOMPRESSOR was off and gone again, no matter how hard I squeezed the C240 I cld not match up.

Of course the 4 cylinder c230 w202 and w203 Kompresor does it faster than the 6 cylinder w203 c240. Also, both in performance and fuel economy. https://www.nairaland.com/973601/reliability-mercedes-benz-c240-c320/1#973601.46
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 20, 2013
@ Au Hanson longtime...given your assertions about w202 AC system I will like to know the effect of removing a pot out of the two gas pots in the AC system?

au.hanson:

These were the face-lifted models of the w202, most of the shortcomings of the earlier models were corrected here.From my experience, these cars have one of the most effective functional ac system and can withstand very harsh temperature than her predecessors and some of todays newer cars. Just make sure that no one tampers with her cooling system, if possible, just get an MB scanner or any other scanner(preferably ODBII) for it to avoid trial and error mech. At such, this car is one of the most reliable MB and hardly do breakdown.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by viazi: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ AU HANSOB thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.