Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (969526 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
now that W204 is something else....I don't drive a car for people to single me for a KIDNAPPING episode....hence Gee's w202 kompressor will do!
Gee waiting for sales time!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cowtail: 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
I need help from the house pls. My mb c230 kompressor 2000 model burns 10 ltr of fuel to cover 50 miles within the city. can this car be said to be fuel efficient? Also, my fuel guage stopped working suddenly. How much will it cost to get it fixed?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
no C class should burn 10 litres in less than 100km

cowtail: I need help from the house pls. My mb c230 kompressor 2000 model burns 10 ltr of fuel to cover 50 miles within the city. can this car be said to be fuel efficient? Also, my fuel guage stopped working suddenly. How much will it cost to get it fixed?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 10:01am On Oct 24, 2013
viazi: @all, I am planning of getting a 1999 C280 sport. I love this car and its gonna be my 1st Benz. How ever, I reside in Abuja and am a lawyer, I do a lot of driving around the town in hot sun and thus I need a very good AC for the hot weather. Can this Benz AC withstand Abuja heat. I need sincere and honest advice.

THEN ASK ME...
I live in Abuja... am an Architect.... go to site here and there, yes the sun is merciless and will get hotter, but the Mercedes ac holds its own. when my car has been in sunlight all afternoon i just get in, wind down zoom off put on my ac and it gives me a lil warm air for like 6 seconds before it releases the south pole grin. then i just wind up and enjoy the sunny ride.

i have heard someone say something about big radiator and a good water pump and all that... i guess thats equally important so you wont have overheating issues. let our Gurus throw more light on this please. and yes Uncle Viazi i drive a 1996 C200 wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ziccoit: 11:08am On Oct 24, 2013
aikerism:

THEN ASK ME...
................. and yes Uncle Viazi i drive a 1996 C200 wink

How is your C200 fuel economy?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
smartchoice: now that W204 is something else....I don't drive a car for people to single me for a KIDNAPPING episode....hence Gee's w202 kompressor will do!
Gee waiting for sales time!
Make ME 'basket mouth' open mouth again. @ don smart, if I most sell my 230K will love 2 sell it to a W202 club member that is passionate abt the machine, so ur 1st on queue.

But honestly all newer model kompressor dnt seen 2 tickle my fancy and plus I love the boxy old looks of the W202.

Have been on the look out for a W202 C43 but with all this import tariff wahala my mind don dime abt it.

My attention will turn to a german brother 'beener 330CI' and might end up keeping my W202 afterall.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
Offer offer offer!!!!!! Any thread member within Kaduna or near-by should contact me so we cld find an empty road and go on a spin in my 230K courtesy of ME. 07038009797..... Waiting for ur call
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
My brother i understand your love for your W202 but you need to also consider depreciation on it. You need to advance same way technology is advancing so with time target the w203 or the w204. But for me if i have the cash i will pre-order the W204 straight away and after using it for like 2 to 3years i will sell and buy a newer model bro.
Gee2728: Offer offer offer!!!!!! Any thread member within Kaduna or near-by should contact me so we cld find an empty road and go on a spin in my 230K courtesy of ME. 07038009797..... Waiting for ur call
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Eyop: My brother i understand your love for your W202 but you need to also consider depreciation on it. You need to advance same way technology is advancing so with time target the w203 or the w204. But for me if i have the cash i will pre-order the W204 straight away and after using it for like 2 to 3years i will sell and buy a newer model bro.

Actually the aim is to relegate the 230K to a full time site car and utility that's y am shopping for possibly a coupe for weekends and highway 'madness'.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
House please help a brother out, lately I have been trouble with steering rattle and rear squeaks in my W202 any time am on bad roads.

I need the house to help me list all the suspension component with pictures if possible so I cld replace mine to see if it helps. Have already bought the ball joint(front and rear) picking up the tie rods (front and rear) 2moro.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
For speed enthusiast, go for the w203 c350 and you'll never regret it , cos you could achieve 0-60 mph in just 6.4 seconds (as against 9.7 sec for the w203 c180) wt 7 speed auto and 6 speed manual tranny, with a very fair mpg of about 21 cty and 40 h/w(as against 25cty 48 h/w for the c180) for this 6 cylinder ride with a top speed of 250km/h, she beats a lot of the so call 8 cylinder rides in other automobile, not even the BMW 3series of her category can stand it. If my pockets swells , i'll pick this too for journey sake and oppression on the h/w[/quote]

That C350 shld be the top dogg of all the regular C-class apart from the AMG. 6.4sec that's neck breaking fast ooh.

That 06/07 top dogg 335i does 5.5sec as claimed by beemer but a couple of guys have actually been able to achieve 4.8sec with the manual shifter.

So like I said those guys can not be trusted.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
Gee2728: Offer offer offer!!!!!! Any thread member within Kaduna or near-by should contact me so we cld find an empty road and go on a spin in my 230K courtesy of ME. 07038009797..... Waiting for ur call

How i wish u were in PH , would have constested with you in my w201 Benz 190

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
That is very serious Au.Hanson. however can a W204 Benz withstand travelling most times from Lagos to the south regularly? What do you have to analyse about that sir?
au.hanson:

How i wish u were in PH , would have constested with you in my w201 Benz 190
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Eyop: My brother i understand your love for your W202 but you need to also consider depreciation on it. You need to advance same way technology is advancing so with time target the w203 or the w204. But for me if i have the cash i will pre-order the W204 straight away and after using it for like 2 to 3years i will sell and buy a newer model bro.

By d way Bro Eyop, what is d asking price of this w204?
Also , note that one thing about MB is that once you bought and kept in perfect order , it becomes your love , hence you wouldnt be able to sell it again. have u considered that?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Well the W204 i.e the 2008 can be gotten for less than #4million depending on certain factors. Someone on this forum mentioned he got his own #3.5million.
au.hanson:

By d way Bro Eyop, what is d asking price of this w204?
Also , note that one thing about MB is that once you bought and kept in perfect order , it becomes your love , hence you wouldnt be able to sell it again. have u considered that?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2013
Gee2728: House please help a brother out, lately I have been trouble with steering rattle and rear squeaks in my W202 any time am on bad roads.

I need the house to help me list all the suspension component with pictures if possible so I cld replace mine to see if it helps. Have already bought the ball joint(front and rear) picking up the tie rods (front and rear) 2moro.

Mehn! abi you don win jackpot? give me small na. Guy, you dont do like that..Just loosen the back tire one by one and shake all those arms, infact every metal you see there one by one , push to the left -to the right and up and down , if any makes the slightest movement or wobble, just replace that one. Do physical examinations on the pushings any one that looks worn out or crack down then you replace such

For the steering , make sure you aint short of steering pump oil, if so then , jack up the car and do physical examination on yoy steering ball and socket, same manner like above and on the front legs, any movement indicate a sign of wear , simply replace that too

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
on point Au Hanson! How the new one hope the nightly cries don't kip you awake? cheesy

au.hanson:

Mehn! abi you don win jackpot? give me small na. Guy, you dont do like that..Just loosen the back tire one by one and shake all those arms, infact every metal you see there one by one , push to the left -to the right and up and down , if any makes the slightest movement or wobble, just replace that one. Do physical examinations on the pushings any one that looks worn out or crack down then you replace such

For the steering , make sure you aint short of steering pump oil, if so then , jack the up the car and do physical examination on yoy steering ball and socket, same manner like above , any movement indicate a sign of wear , simply replace that too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by viazi: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
aikerism:

THEN ASK ME...
I live in Abuja... am an Architect.... go to site here and there, yes the sun is merciless and will get hotter, but the Mercedes ac holds its own. when my car has been in sunlight all afternoon i just get in, wind down zoom off put on my ac and it gives me a lil warm air for like 6 seconds before it releases the south pole grin. then i just wind up and enjoy the sunny ride.

i have heard someone say something about big radiator and a good water pump and all that... i guess thats equally important so you wont have overheating issues. let our Gurus throw more light on this please. and yes Uncle Viazi i drive a 1996 C200 wink
@ all, kindly shed light on this overheat issues, I have heard a lot about it. is it true? because I don't drive without AC and the c 280 is 6 cylinder
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cowtail: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
smartchoice: no C class should burn 10 litres in less than 100km

mine is calibrated in miles. The 50 miles equals 80 km. But what do i do to improve the fuel efficiency? And what about the fuel guage problem? Any help from the house?..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Oga get a competent mechanic not a road side one! Be willing to pay!

cowtail: mine is calibrated in miles. The 50 miles equals 80 km. But what do i do to improve the fuel efficiency? And what about the fuel guage problem? Any help from the house?..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by viazi: 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
au.hanson:

These were the face-lifted models of the w202, most of the shortcomings of the earlier models were corrected here.From my experience, these cars have one of the most effective functional ac system and can withstand very harsh temperature than her predecessors and some of todays newer cars. Just make sure that no one tampers with her cooling system, if possible, just get an MB scanner or any other scanner(preferably ODBII) for it to avoid trial and error mech. At such, this car is one of the most reliable MB and hardly do breakdown.
@ AU Hanson, what of the overall maintainance of the C280 SPORT? in relation to v6, is it OK? I will sure get the scanner. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:32am On Oct 25, 2013
Eyop: Well the W204 i.e the 2008 can be gotten for less than #4million depending on certain factors. Someone on this forum mentioned he got his own #3.5million.

Mehn!! thats enough to erect a bungalow

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:35am On Oct 25, 2013
smartchoice: on point Au Hanson! How the new one hope the nightly cries don't kip you awake? cheesy

Mehn! its a serious but delightful task to keep abreast with 2 little Angels one age almost 2, the other approaching a month old

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:36am On Oct 25, 2013
viazi: @ AU Hanson, what of the overall maintainance of the C280 SPORT? in relation to v6, is it OK? I will sure get the scanner. Thanks.

No big deal as far as w202 is concern
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 2:02am On Oct 25, 2013
Gee2728:

That C350 shld be the top dogg of all the regular C-class apart from the AMG. 6.4sec that's neck breaking fast ooh.

That 06/07 top dogg 335i does 5.5sec as claimed by beemer but a couple of guys have actually been able to achieve 4.8sec with the manual shifter.

So like I said those guys can not be trusted.

Mehn! if money was in abundance, thers's nothing wrong with one picking that c350 or the speed demon 335i and keep for highway cruising..you know what i mean? oppression!!!! Me know want go near amg, even if i walk on top of money
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 2:50am On Oct 25, 2013
Eyop: That is very serious Au.Hanson...

you need to touch this beast of mine to understand what i mean. that guy does 0 to 60 mph in 8.4 sec and maintain the tempo tirelessly like M3, her only limitation is the 4 auto gear box. once i install a 5 gear auto gear box that will definitely be my M3 with great and efficient speed- you know what upgrading a gear system by one digit can do to a Benz ride, even grand ma dnt underestimate the power of an M3.

When boasted about it to my neighbour who just bought an highlander he thought i'd gone naught, not untill i gave him a trial on the highway we both made it to Uyo from PH, we all pull it so hard so tayyyyy only for me see him suddenly slack behind at 170km/h in his grade one toyota highlander suv and a little over that too approaching 180 the other guy on clean toyota landcruiser pull back as well widening the gab at ease, i dust them both and went and waited them at our destination cooling down with a bottle fresh palm wine with the natives. When they eventually arrived after more than half an hr they came inspecting my beast forthe very fisrt time, couldnt believe their witness..with this beast i have never loose a race that's why i give him good food, 0w40 mobil 1 and keep him on reserve bench for task like this. you could say that this is my own c350 ....

Eyop: .. however can a W204 Benz withstand travelling most times from Lagos to the south regularly? What do you have to analyse about that sir?

Mehn, Benz na Benz whether A class or S class .. The engine of these cars were meant for travelling, my neighbour wt w203 travels from PH to Kaduna with his often times,and several times from PH to Bayelsa.. he dosent enter public trans. He travels with any of his 4 "BENZes"

Dont under estimate that w204 beast, it may look 'ajebortey' for your eye but her power, efficiency, swiftness and endurance cannot be over estimated. you need to experience one. It moves effortlessly with ease.With the ease at which it goes it can do multiple journey without any effect on her. I know of a senior colleague that owns one , c300 4matic when he ask me to help him in a journey to excursion to somewhere near my native town, mehn just a little flooring of the pedal forgetting that i wasn't in my w202 c180, the ride shoot like rocket, all he could say was, 'easy oh! easy oh! i know u love Benz' till we got to town-farm in Eket in Akwa Ibom from Calabar, C.R.S. He confess that he never knew that beast could jet like that, that he has never dare more than 120KM/h in it, that all the while i drive he's been holding break with his leg..i do the driving he holds an imaginary break . I lamented, what a waste!! People who dnt need power goes for power but those who needs can't afford.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 4:20am On Oct 25, 2013
au.hanson:

For the steering , make sure you aint short of steering pump oil, if so then , jack up the car and do physical examination on yoy steering ball and socket, same manner like above and on the front legs, any movement indicate a sign of wear , simply replace that too
Jackpot, hahaha....... Jst want to fix it b4 it get so bad..

Was driving a client in my car days ago, he noticed a how hard I was revving my engine he turned and said 2 me ' u go kill ur engine ooh'. In my mind all I can say is that 'u think say na that lazy 2010 honda accord V6 wey u dey drive'

One thing I rly bliv is this german cars are engineered 2 be driven hard. One can do full bull runs almost all day.

A friend got tired trying 2 sell a W202 engine cos most engine hardly go bad. They ended up selling it cheap to a mechanic.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:02am On Oct 25, 2013
yes they hardly go bad but mine is smoking n breathing oil undecided

Gee2728:
Jackpot, hahaha....... Jst want to fix it b4 it get so bad..

Was driving a client in my car days ago, he noticed a how hard I was revving my engine he turned and said 2 me ' u go kill ur engine ooh'. In my mind all I can say is that 'u think say na that lazy 2010 honda accord V6 wey u dey drive'

One thing I rly bliv is this german cars are engineered 2 be driven hard. One can do full bull runs almost all day.

A friend got tired trying 2 sell a W202 engine cos most engine hardly go bad. They ended up selling it cheap to a mechanic.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 25, 2013
except when dead tired! cheesy wink

au.hanson:

Mehn! its a serious but delightful task to keep abreast with 2 little Angels one age almost 2, the other approaching a month old
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2013
Thanks for the illustration au.hanson. I love the W202,W203 benz and also the W204 but the W204 is like mercedes benz reduced the materials they used in producing that particular model most but all the same i still love it and if i have the financial means,i will go for it preferably the Sports spec but just that the interior of the elegance seems to be more luxury than the sports with the formaica designs in it.

I will be doing more of travelling with it atleast twice a month from Lagos to Akwa-ibom my home town and also touch Calabar before returning back to Lagos.

You made me laugh when you mentioned that the cost of the W204 is enough to erect a bungalow which i quite agree but the money is as well a small money if you have a booming business or works in a good establishment that you earn much. Those that are driving it don't have 2 heads so we can as well drive it my only concern is about the proposed policy to be implemented by the government in regards to increase in tariff for imported cars making it discouraging to import from the United States.
au.hanson:

you need to touch this beast of mine to understand what i mean. that guy does 0 to 60 mph in 8.4 sec and maintain the tempo tirelessly like M3, her only limitation is the 4 auto gear box. once i install a 5 gear auto gear box that will definitely be my M3 with great and efficient speed- you know what upgrading a gear system by one digit can do to a Benz ride, even grand ma dnt underestimate the power of an M3.

When boasted about it to my neighbour who just bought an highlander he thought i'd gone naught, not untill i gave him a trial on the highway we both made it to Uyo from PH, we all pull it so hard so tayyyyy only for me see him suddenly slack behind at 170km/h in his grade one toyota highlander suv and a little over that too approaching 180 the other guy on clean toyota landcruiser pull back as well widening the gab at ease, i dust them both and went and waited them at our destination cooling down with a bottle fresh palm wine with the natives. When they eventually arrived after more than half an hr they came inspecting my beast forthe very fisrt time, couldnt believe their witness..with this beast i have never loose a race that's why i give him good food, 0w40 mobil 1 and keep him on reserve bench for task like this. you could say that this is my own c350 ....

Mehn, Benz na Benz whether A class or S class .. The engine of these cars were meant for travelling, my neighbour wt w203 travels from PH to Kaduna with his often times,and several times from PH to Bayelsa.. he dosent enter public trans. He travels with any of his 4 "BENZes"

Dont under estimate that w204 beast, it may look 'ajebortey' for your eye but her power, efficiency, swiftness and endurance cannot be over estimated. you need to experience one. It moves effortlessly with ease.With the ease at which it goes it can do multiple journey without any effect on her. I know of a senior colleague that owns one , c300 4matic when he ask me to help him in a journey to excursion to somewhere near my native town, mehn just a little flooring of the pedal forgetting that i wasn't in my w202 c180, the ride shoot like rocket, all he could say was, 'easy oh! easy oh! i know u love Benz' till we got to town-farm in Eket in Akwa Ibom from Calabar, C.R.S. He confess that he never knew that beast could jet like that, that he has never dare more than 120KM/h in it, that all the while i drive he's been holding break with his leg..i do the driving he holds an imaginary break . I lamented, what a waste!! People who dnt need power goes for power but those who needs can't afford.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2013
Kai, ryt now I feel like trading in my w203 c240 for that c350, and I just observed that whenever I read d forum before going to bed na so so diff brands of benz I drive in my sleep. Am afraid now not to start sleep driving just like sleep talking and walking.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2013
W205 C-class is around the corner... Word on the street is that AIRMATIC will come in as options on some models.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.