Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (971805 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2013
Seems no one here has had any W204 experience.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sorry to disappoint you Trac, i'm not in for this protracted illness with you, wasn't born and brought up this way . Maybe you could find some one else to feud with; there may be many readily available to do just that with you,but not me. You may have succeeded in luring me to it in the first instance, being your nature not mine, but that was the last, i'm too busy for such inconsequentials at the moment.

So these whole bitterness was about Hanson, all the gigs and symphony? Oh mehn! that 's serious..was just curious and decided to throw in the game at the slightest opportunity that presented itself just to prove a point budd. Dont worry i wont publish the result here but bury within me, only the discerning mind can get these.

Now that i have prove my points, and i've drawn the conclusions of my experiment with you, now i know who you are..but why the lies about not holding grudges against Hanson?

One more thing, dont work up yourself just yet, cos i have deleted the post that got you so upset surprisingly(a rational plain minded woundn't). If there is anything else you want me to do so that you could be at peace with Hanson just let me know budd. or should i leave the thread for you if the name Hanson causes you nausea? you dont need to answer straight so that other buddies would know , you may do it codedly or send me pms, i will understand and do just that for you- I can sacrifice that for you, atleast let your mind be at peace with Hanson

prudence.smart:
Please house, permit my unusual approach, all protocol observe.

I have a benz c180 94 model far back home in Nigeria, to be precise in PH with my mum, just yesterday she told me that the car entered a limb mode while she was driving. She narrated that she entered one unusual road that was so terrible, in some instances she had to put off the ac as the car would attempt to enter a limb mode under hard maneuvering, then at a point she couldnt bear the heat and dust than to just keep the ac life throughout the rough terrain , but unfortunately the car finally entered a limb mode and nothing she did could revive the vehicle, it had to be finally towed back home after having run down the battery and affected the kick badly.

Initially the car would crank but remains very powerless, could not accelerate when engaged the gear, now it cant even remain in idling anymore

Someone is coming to install a new key and bendit, and i have caution her not to stress the new kick untill i come home at christmas hols if solution could not be offered.

House please help: au.hanson, Ikenna, Trac and all others your input and wonderful expertrate is welcome here. Thanks in advance.

Also,according to her initially before this incidence, the engine use to have a little noticeable shaking when first crank in the morning as though the engine sitting were bad or the water pump, where you have the hydrualic fan was making some unusual sound as in rattling.

@ Prudence.smart, wht you narrated there could be narrowed down to your fuel system , or electrical issues(issues to do with fuel pump, plugs etc). I wont be surprise if the result of a scan test reads p0300 trouble code(a ramdon cylinder misfire , may have series of other codes in chain).

Dont change anything just yet, though as you have said it may have overstressed the kick(i could still fix that for you , its only the bendix that could wear out in this case, and that cost just 1k5)the primary issue is a minor problem, first of all scan the vehicle.

You mention PH, thats my area. If i had seen this earlier on maybe i could have offered to squeeze out time to go there and sort out the issue for you free of charge on a saturday/sunday like this, tho i'm not a mechanic, i have done it for close friends before. Anyways , its not too late , you can send me pms against next weekend if that will be ok by you?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 3:32am On Dec 02, 2013
and nothing she did could revive the vehicle, it had to be finally towed back home after having run down the battery and affected the kick badly.

Initially the car would crank but remains very powerless, could not accelerate when engaged the gear, now it cant even remain in idling anymore

For the above ehh, I had a similar experience and mine started with me thinking I had fuel when I didn't. Fuel pump relay in the trunk may just be the culprit... So as A.U Hanson has suggested scan the vehicle and since you are not in town see if you can arrange for him to go check it out.
Peace.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 3:49am On Dec 02, 2013
angry angry

I for one am sick and tired of wasting my precious megabytes only to come and read accusations and counter accusations... I don't think that is the reason for this thread.
Let's help each other to take care of our beloved benzes better and put an end to all this bickering.
All I want to see here or talk is...

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 3:58am On Dec 02, 2013
You mention PH, thats my area. If i had seen this earlier on maybe i could have offered to squeeze out time to go there and sort out the issue for you free of charge on a saturday/sunday like this, tho i'm not a mechanic, i have done it for close friends before. Anyways , its not too late , you can send me pms against next weekend if that will be ok by you?[/quote]

Oga Hanson ( the portharcourt 1st son) a W202 is misbehaving in your Jurisdiction o! So please if you can ehh do what you can to make her well again nd update us on ur findings.
And Oga prudence.smart pls make sure the area is secure so he can operate make them no kidnap am o grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 4:04am On Dec 02, 2013
Oga Eyop you no dey sleep? I see you o...
grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 4:24am On Dec 02, 2013
cheesy
aikerism: Oga Eyop you no dey sleep? I see you o...

grin. You sef no dey sleep? grin.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ziccoit: 5:31am On Dec 02, 2013
@Au.hanson, I am waiting on you concerning 1997 C230 automatic AC heater control unit. Please, help me look out for this as I'm on the verge of ordering via ebay which is going to be costlier than what I can have here.
Tanx.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2013
au.hanson:
Sorry to disappoint you Trac, i'm not in for this protracted illness with you, wasn't born and brought up this way . Maybe you could find some one else to feud with; there may be many readily available to do just that with you,but not me. You may have succeeded in luring me to it in the first instance, being your nature not mine, but that was the last, i'm too busy for such inconsequentials at the moment.

So these whole bitterness was about Hanson, all the gigs and symphony? Oh mehn! that 's serious..was just curious and decided to throw in the game at the slightest opportunity that presented itself just to prove a point budd. Dont worry i wont publish the result here but bury within me, only the discerning mind can get these.

Now that i have prove my points, and i've drawn the conclusions of my experiment with you, now i know who you are..but why the lies about not holding grudges against Hanson?

One more thing, dont work up yourself just yet, cos i have deleted the post that got you so upset surprisingly(a rational plain minded woundn't). If there is anything else you want me to do so that you could be at peace with Hanson just let me know budd. or should i leave the thread for you if the name Hanson causes you nausea? you dont need to answer straight so that other buddies would know , you may do it codedly or send me pms, i will understand and do just that for you- I can sacrifice that for you, atleast let your mind be at peace with Hanson

Treat others as you want to be treated and there will be no problem. Do not play the victim; I saw through the whole thing. There are no grudges. You were put on check. My expressions were clearly scripted. You don't undermine anyone's intelligence and that was the third time you had done that. If I had grudges, I would have responded to the pragmatic remark you made and it would be impossible for you to debunk it (it has already been written). You'll only be left with the option to throw "mud." My response to you (that is the prologue) was counsel that calls for re-evaluation; the real world. I found nothing funny. Condescending remarks under the canopy of "democratic" approval! It has/d an underlining message unfit for society, broadly. At this point, you should figure that I don't "play." Neither do I appreciate "games." I don't log-in to play as the vast majority of Nairalanders do: to be unserious. Each post count is taken with a measure of seriousness.

With consideration and caution, a recommendation (Behr) was made to you. You turn around a few months later and magnify yourself as you mock. I don't pick on you directly or indirectly; or make side-comments. In [my] humility, you've gotten respect from me. Don't play on my intelligence. If you haven't notice - well notice now - I don't critique or correct you. It is out of respect (that is: of your person). Do you think I am impressed by what posts/remarks? Certainly not! However, I owe you the fundamental right to be respected; unless proven otherwise! Don't grieve anyone. Regard everyone as you want to be regarded and nobody will have to straighten out your conduct.

Draw whatever conclusion you feel like. It's your problem. I'm not the pragmatic type.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 03, 2013
Hello honourable Mercedes owners,
Please try and settle any dispute among you amicable and stay united. Please don't derail this thread
Thanks,
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
Trac if you have nothing meaningful to say, just get out of this thread and stop derailing it! Am sick n tired of your nuisance value and ADHD exhibitions. Have been quiet and tolerated you enough!

Trac:

Treat others as you want to be treated and there will be no problem. Do not play the victim; I saw through the whole thing. There are no grudges. You were put on check. My expressions were clearly scripted. You don't undermine anyone's intelligence and that was the third time you had done that. If I had grudges, I would have responded to the pragmatic remark you made and it would be impossible for you to debunk it (it has already been written). You'll only be left with the option to throw "mud." My response to you (that is the prologue) was counsel that calls for re-evaluation; the real world. I found nothing funny. Condescending remarks under the canopy of "democratic" approval! It has/d an underlining message unfit for society, broadly. At this point, you should figure that I don't "play." Neither do I appreciate "games." I don't log-in to play as the vast majority of Nairalanders do: to be unserious. Each post count is taken with a measure of seriousness.

With consideration and caution, a recommendation (Behr) was made to you. You turn around a few months later and magnify yourself as you mock. I don't pick on you directly or indirectly; or make side-comments. In [my] humility, you've gotten respect from me. Don't play on my intelligence. If you haven't notice - well notice now - I don't critique or correct you. It is out of respect (that is: of your person). Do you think I am impressed by what posts/remarks? Certainly not! However, I owe you the fundamental right to be respected; unless proven otherwise! Don't grieve anyone. Regard everyone as you want to be regarded and nobody will have to straighten out your conduct.

Draw whatever conclusion you feel like. It's your problem. I'm not the pragmatic type.

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by prudencesmart(m): 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
au.hanson:

@ Prudence.smart, wht you narrated there could be narrowed down to your fuel system , or electrical issues(issues to do with fuel pump, plugs etc). I wont be surprise if the result of a scan test reads p0300 trouble code(a ramdon cylinder misfire , may have series of other codes in chain).

Dont change anything just yet, though as you have said it may have overstressed the kick(i could still fix that for you , its only the bendix that could wear out in this case, and that cost just 1k5)the primary issue is a minor problem, first of all scan the vehicle.

You mention PH, thats my area. If i had seen this earlier on maybe i could have offered to squeeze out time to go there and sort out the issue for you free of charge on a saturday/sunday like this, tho i'm not a mechanic, i have done it for close friends before. Anyways , its not too late , you can send me pms against next weekend if that will be ok by you?

Oh Hanson, that will be so kind of you, but this model couldn't be scanned with ODBII, besides ODBI is very scare these days. I'm gona mail you immediately, probably we gonna talk

I'm very sorry with your misunderstanding with Trac, how i wish you guys can work together.

You're a great guy, a field worker, a solution provider,very practical even at the shortest notice...If you weren't, you couldn't have crossed from your vast IT profession to such spec of enthusiastic proficiency in automobile. I can imagine your busy schedule, you must be very hard working that commands my respect.

Trac is a teacher, an automobile engineer, an industry standard preacher, philosophically strong termed character.

Trac, why dont you draw the designs and give it to Hanson to deploy? In essence , if you guys can sheat the sword and look more on your strenght, you can make a perfect compliment in this thread if you dare work together... How i wish this could happen between you two.
Trac and Hanson, i implore you guys to sheat the sword and co-opt in the real sense of the word , you could make a strong team.

First Trac , Start by deleting those strong philosophical quote of yours and reconcile with your brother. Make amends and mean it. Oh! how i wish sincerely, but i can't compel you guys. But just know that you are two different individuals, appreciate the fact that you cannot agree on terms, that doesn't make you wrong neither, perhaps if you throw more light on your subjects your distinction can be appreciated by you both and all of us at large. I know what i am saying , i have experience in this. I am very convince that both of you are right, but there're some gray areas you need to convince one another.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 2:20am On Dec 04, 2013
smartchoice: Trac if you have nothing meaningful to say, just get out of this thread and stop derailing it! Am sick n tired of your nuisance value and ADHD exhibitions. Have been quiet and tolerated you enough!

Choose your words carefully and your phrasal-verbs. As you do so, be sure that it is applicable to the matter addressed. We are educated people and the dictionary does the leverage. I will skip the misplaced words.

Whenever decisions are appropriated, it should be done without favoritism. You've failed on that too; which isn't smart of you (no pun intended). Blind loyalty is partial preference impending facts.

Humans are not stupid, even when they lack the details. Perception in that case is far reliable than blank ignorance. In this situation, it was plain. What he did was slander. Slander has never been taken lightly.

Websters dictionary defines the word slander as: the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation.

How have I constituted a nuisance?:

* By publishing caution-posts to two forum subscribers and then labelled a "con", amidst other names he said; along with the condescending trash he wrote because I don't agree with his philosophy
or
* Slander relative to integrity and standing my ground to defend myself thus giving a lesson on life

It is a pity.

This is not a cult. There is no reason for blind-loyalty. We mock people that involve themselves in blind-loyalty and you are doing the same. It is hypocrisy. The least you could have done was judge fairly. If that was your position on the matter, you would've queried why damage-control was immediately done. It is impossible for Hansen to tell me that he wasn't referencing me. It is impossible for Hansen to prove me otherwise that it wasn't a malicious act. You can get emotional about it but the two debacles were never caused by me but Mr. Hansen [himself]. If you fail to see this, then you are a FANBOI.

You never know what people are going through. What you can't do in society, don't do so online. It is why I stated "treat everyone as you expect to be treated." Africa is known ethics and people come here and represent everything that is wrong; not minding if the world is looking or not.

I don't resort to mud-slinging; as you've done. Discuss things! That is being civilised.

Show some responsibility and do the right thing.

prudence.smart:
Trac, why dont you draw the designs and give it to Hanson to deploy? In essence , if you guys can sheat the sword and look more on your strenght, you can make a perfect compliment in this thread if you dare work together... How i wish this could happen between you two.
Trac and Hanson, i implore you guys to sheat the sword and co-opt in the real sense of the word , you could make a strong team.

First Trac , Start by deleting those strong philosophical quote of yours and reconcile with your brother. Make amends and mean it. Oh! how i wish sincerely, but i can't compel you guys. But just know that you are two different individuals, appreciate the fact that you cannot agree on terms, that doesn't make you wrong neither, perhaps if you throw more light on your subjects your distinction can be appreciated by you both and all of us at large. I know what i am saying , i have experience in this. I am very convince that both of you are right, but there're some gray areas you need to convince one another.

Contrary to what you think, I did not offend anybody. Though aggrieved [then]. I'm not demanding an apology either. You know definitely that no one shares information at this side of the world. We go strongly by ideologies. Then it is summed up as intellectual-properties. If you have noticed, professionals do not input in this forum. We drove them out because of self-voyeurism. I have tolerance and think otherwise. Gracefully, I'm slowly trying to integrate some of these "things" into this thread (but I have to think it through) because I believe in independence but the environment is not as conducive. That's why I brought the suggestion relating to organisation. Subject matter: he deleted his original post; therefore making it as though I started out of the air unneeded friction. Fortunately, I quoted him and links of references. Why he took it as an insult - I don't know. Sincerely, there is no grudge - take my word for it. I don't have the time for that. There are better things to do. If he (or anyone) reads it differently (that is void of emotions), you will find out that its a strong advice against the uplifted shame. It is in text and it is subject to the readers interpretation.

Re: I got to know the automobile via engineering. I will always reference and "see" the automobile through the scales of engineering. I requested data of common problems in Nigeria. My intent was to aggregate and put to analysis, "problems" and "solution." This approach, governed by standard engineering practice(s) will resolve the multiple posts and confusions/myths/malpractices. Everyone will have to step-up to that standard because it will be structured; at least suitable for the layman. It's Benz: the details will be narrowed; as oppose to generalised motoring. It might take weeks but it's coming. If it won't be received well, [then] I won't publish it. So far, I am still gathering. Resolving issues on case-by-case basis repetitively is not an efficient way to problem-solving (at least here). When centralised, application of knowledge is induced. There is no way everyone will be happy about it but you can't please everyone.

It's all good.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 04, 2013
lomomike: Hello honourable Mercedes owners,
Please try and settle any dispute among you amicable and stay united. Please don't derail this thread
Thanks,

Earlier, I made a plea for calm and peace in this thread but you people aren't heeding to my humble plea, this isn't good. Please comport yourselves and settle all disputes amicably
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trac: 7:43am On Dec 04, 2013
lomomike: Earlier, I made a plea for calm and peace in this thread but you people aren't heeding to my humble plea, this isn't good. Please comport yourselves and settle all disputes amicably

@Lomo::Prudence::Hansen:

I appreciate the efforts that acted as the retardant to this matter. There is only so much people can be pushed-over before reaction occurs. Simultaneously, I had to straighten-out a disrespectful nairalander that addressed me as a "negro" besides other mini-disrespectful words that were uncalled for. There are limits. You never know what anyone might currently be going through. Nobody takes slander kindly (even the fronting hypocrites). It shouldn't be appreciated here as well. We should remember that we are humans and not bots behind keyboards stringing characters. Truthfully, people are rude behind the computer and without repercussions, boundaries will never be set. The division will always be there when it comes to point-of-views. That makes us a "people." Very few will agree with my perspective. It's okay but no indirect slander.

The matter will not be drug by me any further. Neither should any mindset of competition be upheld. It gets nobody anywhere.

Cheers:

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by halohs: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hello Good pple,

I have an issue with my Benz ML 430 (1999/2000) and my mechanic has been battling with it without coming up with a solution.

The problem has to do with the gear. Here is how it started. I was driving and after about 20 mins, i came to a stop due to traffic with the gear still in Drive. When it came time to accelerate, the car didnt move...it was as if the gear was in Neutral. This continued for sometime. Then i put the engine off. After about 5 mins, i started the car, put the gear in Drive and it moved. The problem comes up when the car comes to a stop and when i stop and allow the engine to cool off a bit, it moves again.

Has anybody experienced this or does someone have any idea what the cause of the problem is?

Responses will be well appreciated.

PS: This is a nice and enlightening thread....keep it up.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ziccoit: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
halohs: Hello Good pple,

I have an issue with my Benz ML 430 (1999/2000) and my mechanic has been battling with it without coming up with a solution.

The problem has to do with the gear. Here is how it started. I was driving and after about 20 mins, i came to a stop due to traffic with the gear still in Drive. When it came time to accelerate, the car didnt move...it was as if the gear was in Neutral. This continued for sometime. Then i put the engine off. After about 5 mins, i started the car, put the gear in Drive and it moved. The problem comes up when the car comes to a stop and when i stop and allow the engine to cool off a bit, it moves again.

Has anybody experienced this or does someone have any idea what the cause of the problem is?

Responses will be well appreciated.

PS: This is a nice and enlightening thread....keep it up.

Thanks

The car enters a limp home mode, gets out of this when the engine is put off and the car moves normally when restarted. This tells us the problem may not be a major problem. The limp home mode, in this case, is protecting the car against a certain major damage which may not be related to the gearbox. Pls, ask your mechanic to scan the car as the first step towards arriving at solution. Don't allow him to touch anything until the car is scanned.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by halohs: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks so much for the quick response....I will inform him to do that but what kind of scan? Obd2?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
W203 Fuel Consumption Statistics

The ride is a 2005 C320 4matic. I've actually never bothered bout my fuel consumption but I decided to care a little when I read two benz brothers post on their W202 Kompressor fuel consumption. I filled up my tank, reset the car's trip meter/mpg and drove like a granpa...LOL
My tank got empty today and I had to refill, not without taking pics of my statistics. I'm satisfied with the result. There is no much difference in fuel consumption between the W202 Kompressor 4 cylinder engine and the W203 V6 engine. The pics says it all.
Pix 1... The full tank and trip meter reset to zero
Pix 2... The total km achieved with the full tank
Pix 3... Fuel consumption statistic
Pix 4... Volume and price of fuel purchased to refill the tank.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
danadam: W203 Fuel Consumption Statistics

The ride is a 2005 C320 4matic. I've actually never bothered bout my fuel consumption but I decided to care a little when I read two benz brothers post on their W202 Kompressor fuel consumption. I filled up my tank, reset the car's trip meter/mpg and drove like a granpa...LOL
My tank got empty today and I had to refill, not without taking pics of my statistics. I'm satisfied with the result. There is no much difference in fuel consumption between the W202 Kompressor 4 cylinder engine and the W203 V6 engine. The pics says it all.
Pix 1... The full tank and trip meter reset to zero
Pix 2... The total km achieved with the full tank
Pix 3... Fuel consumption statistic
Pix 4... Volume and price of fuel purchased to refill the tank.

not bad for a v6 engine but the compressor will still travel about 15km more when u stop to re-fill.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Gee2728:

not bad for a v6 engine but the compressor will still travel about 15km more when u stop to re-fill.

Lemme drive like a great grandpa (i doubt i will have the patience), maybe I can achieve more kilometers. The traffic gridlock is also a pain in the a** but i'm gonna give a try.

The Kompressor (W202) and her big bro (W203) after a clean bath.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:31am On Dec 07, 2013
danadam:

Lemme drive like a great grandpa (i doubt i will have the patience), maybe I can achieve more kilometers. The traffic gridlock is also a pain in the a** but i'm gonna give a try.

The Kompressor (W202) and her big bro (W203) after a clean bath.

Your W203 is cool bro. You've already done over 270,000 miles on it shocked shocked that's serious bro except you bought it with a high mileage. But all the same,sweet ride.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 11:18am On Dec 07, 2013
@ danadam, that ur w203 does not look like over 200kmiles at all. nice work in keeping her clean at such a mileage. have heard of someone with over 400kmile w202. mine is just 186756mile

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2013
@Eyop & Gee2728

I bought her in may 2013 with 250,000 km and I have added over 20,000 km to her. She gets a clean bath every 2 days. I intend to keep her for at least 5 yrs. When the pay is available, I will get a smaller ride (golf mk4) for my local/city runs while the W203 will be strictly for highway travels.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2013
danadam: @Eyop & Gee2728

I bought her in may 2013 with 250,000 km and I have added over 20,000 km to her. She gets a clean bath every 2 days. I intend to keep her for at least 5 yrs. When the pay is available, I will get a smaller ride (golf mk4) for my local/city runs while the W203 will be strictly for highway travels.
wise choice bro. am also planning on doing a major shake down early next year too. i want a v6 or v8(am open to suggestion) merc for the long trips to maiduguri from kaduna then am gonna trade in my w202 for something small for the local running's.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
"The Kompressor (W202) and her big bro (W203) after a clean bath.[/quote]"

angry angry
W202 and W203 who senior? Who dem 1st born?... Pls uncle Danadam rephrase that statement before your W202 go vex enter limp mode grin ...

Your rides are clean... Thumbs up Sir!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Gee2728: wise choice bro. am also planning on doing a major shake down early next year too. i want a v6 or v8(am open to suggestion) merc for the long trips to maiduguri from kaduna then am gonna trade in my w202 for something small for the local running's.

That will be great Gee2728 so it means you are eyeing the W204 i guess wink. When you mean something small,does that mean you will be switching to the Japanese? I really do love the W204 a lot but all that depends on individual's choice but why V8?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
aikerism: "The Kompressor (W202) and her big bro (W203) after a clean bath."

angry angry
W202 and W203 who senior? Who dem 1st born?... Pls uncle Danadam rephrase that statement before your W202 go vex enter limp mode grin ...

Your rides are clean... Thumbs up Sir!

grin grin W202 will understand oh
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
danadam: @Eyop & Gee2728

wow! 5yrs shocked I can bet you that when the pay arrives you will be think of something more recent. That ride was well maintained for it to have a mileage of over 250,000 and still looks very clean and sharp. Maintenance is the key my brother and so far you are doing a great job. Keep it up wink

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
Eyop:

That will be great Gee2728 so it means you are eyeing the W204 i guess wink. When you mean something small,does that mean you will be switching to the Japanese? I really do love the W204 a lot but all that depends on individual's choice but why V8?

not sure about going for a jap at the moment cos the only one ill wanna try is that nissan gtr and its way out my budget.
w204,hmmmm not rlly with each passing day its a reality that my w202 c230k will be my last c-class.
drove a friends cl500 (v8) about 5months ago from zaria to kaduna and till this moment i cnt 4get the feeling of that rumbling sound.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danadam(m): 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2013
Gee2728: @ danadam, that ur w203 does not look like over 200kmiles at all. nice work in keeping her clean at such a mileage. have heard of someone with over 400kmile w202. mine is just 186756mile

Just 186756 miles? That's over 300,000 kilometers. Well, we are all driving high mileage vehicles and with the right/proper maintenance, we can go much higher.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2013
danadam:

Just 186756 miles? That's over 300,000 kilometers. Well, we are all driving high mileage vehicles and with the right/proper maintenance, we can go much higher.
Am hoping 2 clock about 200k miles on her before I retire her someday.

Have had the chance 2 replace her with a W203 but they are not as rugged as they use 2 be. So be nxt year hopefully a big V8 or V6 coupe for the Highway. then a small 4cylinder for everyday running.(Not jap)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.