Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965382 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2014
auhanson:

Before you start with w203 size your pocket well

Oga Hanson,
Pls shine more torch on the comment above... Thank U.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2014
Chai,

That beautiful and sweet looking w203 ?

Sorry to hear that bro
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
aikerism:

Oga Hanson,
Pls shine more torch on the comment above... Thank U.

Because of the loaded nature of the w203, as per in the state of the electricals, sensors and circuitary in general, and few rules you really need to strictly adhered to, i wouldn't advice a newbie to jump into it except you are some sort of money bag that will constantly afford a good service centre. But if started with the w202 and gain experience, with interest and enthusiasm to learn more and handle stuff, you could easily maintain a w203, w204 etc without any hassle then, else you will hate Benz especially when you would start solving the wrong problems and bypassing stuffs the way their myth sooth, as such dealings with the roadside mechanic. Aside all these, w203, especially the facelifted supercharged model is the smartest sleekiest sharp sportiest c class ever produced after 190 in this model line
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
klint16:

Tnx bro. I also went to visit anoda mechanic and he observed it and said its gasket issue. He said if gasket didnt create gap btw the top and the something i cant rember that i ll b hearing that noise. I think wen the previous gasket was changed it wasnt replaced with the original one.
He still said that the black smoke is cause by the air flow meter and i ve tried two but didnt work. I tot wen catalytic converter is bad, i ll be perceiving rotten egg smell from the exhaust? I planned taking to mechanic tomorrow but the worst happen today. My friend just bashed the car with a range rover 2014. The front is finished my broda. I pray the own forgives my car Amen!!!

My brother, sorry dear! That's just how one bad head trailer man condemned my modified 190, that my racer and ran away..just last week. It was driven by my wife , but i really thank God for sparing her life miraculously for me else i would have been more miserable than what is miserable, though i feel that my ride so badly than even a new car. i have since taken custody of the engine(as the damage didn't get to it) , once i am done with all the issues at stake i'll look for a very clean body and transplant the engine while building it again to my taste.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
auhanson:

My brother, sorry dear! That's just how one bad head trailer man condemned my modified 190, that my racer and ran away..just last week. It was driven by my wife , but i really thank God for sparing her life miraculously.

Thank God for the life of your wife. God will continue to guide us and protect our family.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
auhanson:

Abeg my guy, let him take that KOMPRESSOR, its an awful machine with such a gearbox, you can 'tap' 'tap' to move like jet. thats machine you've got there boy.

Oga Hanson, Long time o. Good to hear from you. I have taken & stuck to the Kompressor. I was told its a powerful machine. Can't wait to feel the BEAST
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
cne010:

Thank God for the life of your wife. God will continue to guide us and protect our family.

Amen, Thank God !!!

Oga Hanson, na wa ooo. e ku ojo meta
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Austyn44(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
auhanson:

My brother, sorry dear! That's just how one bad head trailer man condemned my modified 190, that my racer and ran away..just last week. It was driven by my wife , but i really thank God for sparing her life miraculously for me else i would have been more miserable than what is miserable, though i feel that my ride so badly than even a new car. i have since taken custody of the engine(as the damage didn't get to it) , once i am done with all the issues at stake i'll look for a very clean body and transplant the engine while building it again to my taste.

Hard luck boss. God go bring beta one.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:03am On Aug 26, 2014
shoppyanno:

Oga Hanson, Long time o. Good to hear from you. I have taken & stuck to the Kompressor. I was told its a powerful machine. Can't wait to feel the BEAST

Oh yeah! u are wetting my tongue.. u dont know how much i love those kompressor machines..A 4 cylinder kompressor,c230 delivers better horsepower, torque and economy than a c240 6 cylinder naturally aspirated stock engine by far. In that beast you can max out 289hp with an economy of about 20/31(city/hgw MPG) unlike c240 of 168hp with an economy of about 19/25(city/hgw MPG) of same model year. Infact you could almost hit the performance of a c320, just about 194hp. And then with the benefit of w203 gearbox equivalent, inwhich case instead of kickdown or downshift you simply tap to make tremendous overwhelming 'shoot out' , no vehicle can stand you while overtaking in this manner. I used a friends own, who just bought it newly and doesn't really understand the car. I was making nonsense of all the cars on the road while travelling to Bayelsa, each time i tap the transmission, our heads hits the headrest with the swiftest movement i have ever noticed, he finally asked me if it was a manual transmission. U need to feel that machine, it's a wonder 4 cylinder..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
Austyn44:

cne010:

inze(m):
Amen, Thank God !!!

Austyn44
God go bring beta one.

My Brothers, I really thank God for saving her for me .."motto no be anything, God go bring better one sef"
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tnx everyone for my ride condolences. I think this time around i ve to take my baby( first wife) for first body work after years of driving it. Am gono take the pix before and after body work. Actually my friend was at fault cos the range was just parking beside the road.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tsiriman(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
auhanson:
Oh yeah! u are wetting my tongue.. u dont know how much i love those kompressor machines..A 4 cylinder kompressor,c230 delivers better horsepower, torque and economy than a c240 6 cylinder naturally aspirated stock engine by far. In that beast you can max out 289hp with an economy of about 20/31(city/hgw MPG) unlike c240 of 168hp with an economy of about 19/25(city/hgw MPG) of same model year. Infact you could almost hit the performance of a c320, just about 194hp. And then with the benefit of w203 gearbox equivalent, inwhich case instead of kickdown or downshift you simply tap to make tremendous overwhelming 'shoot out' , no vehicle can stand you while overtaking in this manner. I used a friends own, who just bought it newly and doesn't really understand the car. I was making nonsense of all the cars on the road while travelling to Bayelsa, each time i tap the transmission, our heads hits the headrest with the swiftest movement i have ever noticed, he finally asked me if it was a manual transmission. U need to feel that machine, it's a wonder 4 cylinder..
auhanson:

Bros, there is no way you are going to get 289hp from a c230, also the 2005 c320 has about 218hp if I remember correctly, please check your facts again.

But you are correct that the 2004 c240 has 168hp.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2014
auhanson:

LoL @ Oga Hanson. You don use big oyinbo scatter my head.
1.Please can you explain how kickdown/downshift is done on a auto transmission of the Kompressor

2.How do I "TAP" to a lower gear, from say gear 5 on the auto transmission of the Kompressor when about to overtake?

3.How do I return back to the auto transmission after TAPPING?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
shoppyanno:

1.Please can you explain how kickdown/downshift is done on a auto transmission of the Kompressor

2.How do I "TAP" to a lower gear, from say gear 5 on the auto transmission of the Kompressor when about to overtake?

grin grin you never see anything yet...just wait until you starting driving that ride. That kompressor depending on who's handling it will beat a 6 Cylinder hands down.I repeat,it will show a 6 Cylinder pepper grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 3:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Eyop:
grin grin you never see anything yet...just wait until you starting driving that ride. That kompressor depending on who's handling it will beat a 6 Cylinder hands down.I repeat,it will show a 6 Cylinder pepper grin grin
hmm, drive an e36 328i first wink
well I think auhanson meant '189hp not 289
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 3:57am On Aug 27, 2014
tsiriman:

Bros, there is no way you are going to get 289hp from a c230, also the 2005 c320 has about 218hp if I remember correctly, please check your facts again.

But you are correct that the 2004 c240 has 168hp.
the c320 should be much faster than the c230k. The latter is comparable to a c280.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:52am On Aug 27, 2014
yungboss:

Boss am not really a fan of BMW so i don't know the magic it can perform grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 27, 2014
No one should bring comparism between merc and other cars. Stick to the topic this is strictly a merc thread.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:12am On Aug 27, 2014
lomomike: No one should bring comparism between merc and other cars. Stick to the topic this is strictly a merc thread.
Ok Boss wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 27, 2014
yungboss:

This is rude yungboss on a Merc's thread!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 27, 2014
smartchoice:

Lol! I guess Yungboss is getting gradually converted by d day.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2014
shoppyanno:

Bros, the machine has a power shift next to non in her model year. If you check the gear well, you will see "+" by the right side and "-" by the left side. If you "tap" "tap" by the positive , na "eldorado", make sure you aren't behind any vehicle as you do that cos ur guess is as good as mine. Then, to return back , just "tap" "tap" it again on the reverse side by the negative, it's as simple as that. This is liken to, but much more superior to the kickdown to 3 or 2 etc in the previous steptronic auto power transmission that we are very use to. These ones does wonders too, i use it in my 190 often to overtake stubborn drivers and for maneuvering, more superior to downshifting in manual transmission.

One good thing is that you can tap to any no..its a power shift you cant afford to take advantage of ..i think this is where the auto shift knockout the "stick" thing (manual transmission). Perhabs that's why lambo and all other formula 1 cars ended the stick think and moved over to auto power shifting. The world has change so fast.

tsiriman:

Bros, there is no way you are going to get 289hp from a c230,

My brother its a typo. I meant to say 189, if you read my statement well anyone can figure out that, just like yungboss did. I didn't know when the "2" came in.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2014
smartchoice:

I'm sorry my people. I didn't mean to, my fingers did that on their own.
I'm an ex Mercedes owner,a future owner and a present fan...so I meant no battle smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 27, 2014
ninz: Lol! I guess Yungboss is getting gradually converted by d day.
He's actually well versed!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 27, 2014
smartchoice:
He's actually well versed!
I agree. The guy's absolutely pro German
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Guys I need a fuel pressure regulator for w202 m111 engine.... Is it possible to get a new one?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by edubest(m): 6:20am On Aug 29, 2014
Guys pls my w203 check engine light, has been on for a month now and another malfunction display (Brake assist, visit workshop BAS).pls am still new to benz, and where can I fix it in Benin, what is the best engine oil for the Benz, can any synthetic oil be OK.pls reply as soon as possible. 08033804837
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by klint16: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
edubest: Guys pls my w203 check engine light, has been on for a month now and another malfunction display (Brake assist, visit workshop BAS).pls am still new to benz, and where can I fix it in Benin, what is the best engine oil for the Benz, can any synthetic oil be OK.pls reply as soon as possible. 08033804837

Does it show u spanner on the instrument cluster? Wen last did u change ur oil? I think it needs servicing. Check ur oil level to n if it has been long u change oil then, u need to change oil. Mine shows me about 10,000km, That is I ve to service her after 10000km. Then for the brake assist, check the level of ur brake pad it might be low or check the sensor wire that is connecting to the calliper if it is out. U can also read the meaning of those malfunctions from the instrument cluster with the control buttons on the steering wheel. I think dis is the reason ur seeing all of that cos I ve same issue. someone changed my clipper with one that has no sensor so I couldn't connect the sensor wire and those things has been showing since then. Ask more people to be such. That's my own suggestion.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pls,can anyone in the house tell me what the attached does?? It's found under the pessenger front seat of my 2005 ML350 special edition(I believe it's also in most w163).
I have the SRS and ABO lights on;even when vehicle is on motion.the scan man says the "child lock/protector" found beneath the seat is bad thus the lights.
Pls do note that the vehicle had a blocked open roof as a result,water was always finding its way into the SUV which I guess resulted in the corroded element in the attach file.
Pls what is/are my available solution(s)
Grateful for any solution

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by pafestula(m): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pls am begging the MB users who had similar experience of my ordeal with my 2001 W203 before to help me out + the experienced users in the house.
Last two weeks at about 5pm, I drove out my W203 which I parked a day before that evening, on my way going at about 30 km/h within my street, I noticed the engine jacking, I was unable to revv beyond 2000rmp, so I managed it to the nearest filling station, thinking it was due to the low level of the fuel in my tank, which the car has not used to such level I deliberately left the fuel, though the low fuel indicator light never showed up yet, so after filling my tank with N5000, I started the engine and it revved very nice and drove smoothly, which made me conclude it was due to low fuel in my thank.

Some days after... this nonsense repeated itself despite full tank in my tank, this time while on motion, the accelerator failed totally, I switched off the engine and on it back again, and the car back to normal.
On Thursday morning, I started the car in order to move to office, only for this car to switched off itself, and couldn't power itself unless I depress the throttle pedal, I managed it with jacking condition like that to office without A/C, when coming back from office, I drove my normal car with full A/C till yesterday, when I was trying to fill my A/C gas, I depress the gas pedal as instructed by the A/C Guy, only for my gas pedal to failed back to 1000rmp from 3000rmp, off the engine again and on it back, and revved... same problem till I managed to filled little A/C gas and left back to my house, but on my way going home which is about 15km... my car became normal.

Today after cleaning the car and set for church, the worst happened, the car refused to rev beyond 2000rmp, I tried all old methods.. for where? my car turned me down totally, I managed it like that to and fro with tutu..tutu..tutu sound from my engine, A/C MBA! I couldn't turned it on, as that na no go area.

CONCLUSION:- I always have failed gas pedal while on motion, and the car doesn't go beyond 2000rmp.

NOTE:- I tried to scan this car last 3weeks even before this drama, but at the OBD II center... my car is not connecting with their scanning machine.

Please help me with any useful suggestion/contributions. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
pafestula: Pls am begging the MB users who had similar experience of my ordeal with my 2001 W203 before to help me out + the experienced users in the house.
Last two weeks at about 5pm, I drove out my W203 which I parked a day before that evening, on my way going at about 30 km/h within my street, I noticed the engine jacking, I was unable to revv beyond 2000rmp, so I managed it to the nearest filling station, thinking it was due to the low level of the fuel in my tank, which the car has not used to such level I deliberately left the fuel, though the low fuel indicator light never showed up yet, so after filling my tank with N5000, I started the engine and it revved very nice and drove smoothly, which made me conclude it was due to low fuel in my thank.

Some days after... this nonsense repeated itself despite full tank in my tank, this time while on motion, the accelerator failed totally, I switched off the engine and on it back again, and the car back to normal.
On Thursday morning, I started the car in order to move to office, only for this car to switched off itself, and couldn't power itself unless I depress the throttle pedal, I managed it with jacking condition like that to office without A/C, when coming back from office, I drove my normal car with full A/C till yesterday, when I was trying to fill my A/C gas, I depress the gas pedal as instructed by the A/C Guy, only for my gas pedal to failed back to 1000rmp from 3000rmp, off the engine again and on it back, and revved... same problem till I managed to filled little A/C gas and left back to my house, but on my way going home which is about 15km... my car became normal.

Today after cleaning the car and set for church, the worst happened, the car refused to rev beyond 2000rmp, I tried all old methods.. for where? my car turned me down totally, I managed it like that to and fro with tutu..tutu..tutu sound from my engine, A/C MBA! I couldn't turned it on, as that na no go area.

CONCLUSION:- I always have failed gas pedal while on motion, and the car doesn't go beyond 2000rmp.

NOTE:- I tried to scanned this car last 3weeks even before this drama, but the OBD II center... my car is not connecting with the scanning machine.

Please help me with any useful suggestion/contributions. Thanks

Sorry for your ordeal brother. What i suspect is happening to your ride is either the Injector Nozzles or Fuel pump but i know it's fuel related issue. Any error message on your instrument cluster?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by inze(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Eyop:

Sorry for your ordeal brother. What i suspect is happening to your ride is either the Injector Nozzles or Fuel pump but i know it's fuel related issue. Any error message on your instrument cluster?

Seconded,

Had this "dropping rpm" and "tutututu" sound like you said, sometime ago on a w202 c180. And yes, it started while in motion (just as you said). Just after i topped op on fuel, first i was thinking it maybe "bad fuel" from the station i just used.

Faulty fuel pump turned out to be the culprit. Had it replaced with a new one and that was it.

But as for yours, i'll advice you instruct your mechanic to clean the injector nozzle and see how it drives afterwards. And if symptoms persist, have him check the fuel-pump.

NB: Try not to drive too long on reserve fuel tank, always top-up before/when you see the reserve light. Its hard-work for the pump trying to transfer fuel where there's little or none

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: PresidentofUAR, Djreloaded(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.