Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965529 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2014
lomomike:

You don't just start throwing bits and parts into a car and letting mechs loosen things up. A scan! a scan! I repeat again, a scan will tell you what's wrong.

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ld410: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Thanks for the add, Hailings to the Mercedes Benz Familia. You guys are Awesome!!!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
smartchoice:

Seconded

@Lomomike or Smartchoice,

I quite agree with you guys. Had a scan done in KD and according to what the guy said was revealed by the scan,was sometin to do with the temperature coolant switch,which I changed(can't find the item in the vehicle again to post it). After this,the issue still persisted as I used the same quantity of fuel back home.

Is any of you in Lagos so I can stop over for a check this weekend;after calling to confirm.you may pls send me a whatapp message so we can communicate. Tnx alot
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ld410: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
MB Familia: Just a thought- if it were permissible to upgrade your MB any model what would be your first upgrade be it Engine, Tranny, Exterior or interior I know I have the best hands and brains on MB in this group: This na moi moi for them....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jimcykhan: 8:59am On Oct 10, 2014
I'm thinking of wheather to upgrade my Honda or switch to MB. But after going through this highly informative thread I made of mind to go for MB but still contemplating between C320 and C250. I hope joining this family would help to make better decision
smartchoice:

Jimmychan

Who are you?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nannymcphee(f): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2014
I earlier posted a link of 2 classe's, my contact that checked it, wasn't ok with them

he has seen an E-class 2000 model, pls what are the cons & pros
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jodeci01: 11:53am On Oct 11, 2014
The whatsapp/BB group which was created is killing this thread

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shoppyanno(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
kk4real:

Hi shoppyanno.. Nice ride. Did you get it in Nigeria, and can you give me an idea of the price? looking to get one. Thanks

@KK thanks. I got here in Nigeria thru a friend who imported it. Its btw 1.2 & 1.3 depending on how clean it is, the mileage, etc
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sashx(m): 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
Add me pls:08088727190. Bought a 2003 c180 normal engine in August. But mehn, from fuel pupm wahala to brake pad etc. kindly add me
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
sashx:
Add me pls:08088727190. Bought a 2003 c180 normal engine in August. But mehn, from fuel pupm wahala to brake pad etc. kindly add me
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
Eyop:

grin grin
Chai! You wikedt o!
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizibi(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
jimcykhan:
I'm thinking of wheather to upgrade my Honda or switch to MB. But after going through this highly informative thread I made of mind to go for MB but still contemplating between C320 and C250. I hope joining this family would help to make better decision
u can try any of the mb SUV....some people said the c250 is good but I am an SUV fan.....

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by elgiboa: 9:24am On Oct 12, 2014
Please add me on the whatsapp merc benz group # +233244173056
Thanks so much.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by elgiboa: 9:25am On Oct 12, 2014
Please add me on the whats app merc Benz group # +233244173056
Thanks so much.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chereboy: 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
please guys,a friend directed me here,i actually intend to get a class 230 kompressor,2000 model,i would love it if u guys will tell me more about this car a s am tired of this japanese stuffs around,just tell me its good part and its bad parts please..thanks i appreciate in advance.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by chereboy: 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
or beta still do i go for the c 250,what is the cost difference
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1087033/reliability-c180-w202s-general

For the W202 c230

chereboy:
please guys,a friend directed me here,i actually intend to get a class 230 kompressor,2000 model,i would love it if u guys will tell me more about this car a s am tired of this japanese stuffs around,just tell me its good part and its bad parts please..thanks i appreciate in advance.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
If you are like me that prefers mid size compact sedan and a little of sport Benz’s but not suv’s, C250 is a compact sedan, silent whisper machine with a lot of carefully built considerations to cut across good efficiency and adequate power to balance these two factors without compromising neither power nor efficiency while cutting down cost of ownership just like any other 1800 cc engine displacement with multiple gearbox system..
Her 1.8 litre IV (1800 cc displacement) engine is turbo packed making her very robust and efficient with the 7 gear auto steptronic system bringing down the cost of maintenance, built on a strong chassis and suspension mechanism that has excellent handling & stability with great aura, comfort and satisfaction when owned.

A c250 can accelerate 0-60mph(or 100km/h) in 6.7 sec with a top speed of 149 mph(240km/h), while a c320 does same in 6.7 sec too with a top speed of 155mph(250km/h)

A c250 can generate 204 horsepower at 5500RPM and 310 Nm that produces 229bft torgue while c 320 dose 224 bhp at 3800 RPM and 510 Nm that yield 376 bft torgue. And a heavier chasis.

A c250 has economy of 32/55 mpg in city/hw, averaging 55mpg using British standard measurement , while c320 has economy of 27/46mpg in cty/hw, averaging 37mpg British standard measurement

C250 commence production in 2009 till date while c320 discontinued in 2009

Also, the c320 is a compact sedan with 6 cylinder naturally aspirated engine built for durability and performance with 12 plugs for the 6 cylinder head for performances in a 300cc engine displacement that has 4matic variances in abundance, a factor making it a little expensive to own.
From the aboved analysis, you can see that the c250 is a better machine, It is now left for you to weigh your balances to inform to inform your decisions, but I personally prefer the c250 for everyday use with rather the c350 or c63 amg for occasional drives just for the robust nature. Just like i would prefer the c230 kompressor that balances power and efficiency to the c220, c280.

For either models, don’t mess with the electrical systems if you want a problem free ride, always leave things at factory settings, replace what is bad but avoid bypassing of components..

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
auhanson:
If you are like me that prefers mid size compact sedan and a little of sport Benz’s but not suv’s, C250 is a compact sedan, silent whisper machine with a lot of carefully built considerations to cut across good efficiency and adequate power to balance these two factors without compromising neither power nor efficiency while cutting down cost of ownership just like any other 1800 cc engine displacement with multiple gearbox system..
Her 1.8 litre IV (1800 cc displacement) engine is turbo packed making her very robust and efficient with the 7 gear auto steptronic system bringing down the cost of maintenance, built on a strong chassis and suspension mechanism that has excellent handling & stability with great aura, comfort and satisfaction when owned.

A c250 can accelerate 0-60mph(or 100km/h) in 6.7 sec with a top speed of 149 mph(240km/h), while a c320 does same in 6.7 sec too with a top speed of 155mph(250km/h)

A c250 can generate 204 horsepower at 5500RPM and 310 Nm that produces 229bft torgue while c 320 dose 224 bhp at 3800 RPM and 510 Nm that yield 376 bft torgue and a heavier chasis that mar the weight to speed ratio.

A c250 has economy of 32/55 mpg in city/hw, averaging 55mpg using British standard measurement , while c320 has economy of 27/46mpg in cty/hw, averaging 37mpg British standard measurement

C250 commence production in 2009 till date while c320 discontinued in 2009

Also, the c320 is a compact sedan with 6 cylinder naturally aspirated engine built for durability and performance with 12 plugs for the 6 cylinder head for performances in a 300cc engine displacement that has 4matic variances in abundance, a factor making it a little expensive to own.
From the aboved analysis, you can see that the c250 is a better machine, It is now left for you to weigh your balances to inform to inform your decisions, but I personally prefer the c250 for everyday use with rather the c350 or c43 amg for occasional drives just for the robust nature. Just like i would prefer the c230 kompressor that balances power and efficiency to the c220, c280.

For either models, don’t mess with the electrical systems if you want a problem free ride, always leave things at factory settings, replace what is bad but avoid bypassing of components..

Very nice analysis my Boss.

Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
Eyop:

Very nice analysis my Boss.

Cheers

Thanks Dude
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jayriginal: 9:22am On Oct 14, 2014
auhanson:

Oh yeah! u are wetting my tongue.. u dont know how much i love those kompressor machines..A 4 cylinder kompressor,c230 delivers better horsepower, torque and economy than a c240 6 cylinder naturally aspirated stock engine by far. In that beast you can max out 289hp with an economy of about 20/31(city/hgw MPG) unlike c240 of 168hp with an economy of about 19/25(city/hgw MPG) of same model year. Infact you could almost hit the performance of a c320, just about 194hp. And then with the benefit of w203 gearbox equivalent, inwhich case instead of kickdown or downshift you simply tap to make tremendous overwhelming 'shoot out' , no vehicle can stand you while overtaking in this manner. I used a friends own, who just bought it newly and doesn't really understand the car. I was making nonsense of all the cars on the road while travelling to Bayelsa, each time i tap the transmission, our heads hits the headrest with the swiftest movement i have ever noticed, he finally asked me if it was a manual transmission. U need to feel that machine, it's a wonder 4 cylinder..

Stop!

Please stop it!

You're tempting me grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by WMD(m): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Add me pls tnx

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2014
Hi there,

A friend's ml350 2006 model keeps soaking all 3 plugs from right side of the engine;when you stand facing the suv. a scan was done and it indicated faulty ECM;according to the technician. Pls do note that the soak plugs are oil soak.

Thus the search to get an ECM for the suv with vin 4JGBB86E96A039267. The
part number of the defective one is A2721536979.

Have any one bought ECM or dealt with this site:
http://www.mercedesecm.com/ml350-ecm.html.

Tnx on anticipation of a favorable response soonest
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2014
Oil soaking? How? Does the exhaust smoke too?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 10:31am On Oct 18, 2014
smartchoice:
Oil soaking? How? Does the exhaust smoke too?

Tick white like smoke at least that was what I saw when I went to the mechanic shop to see it. If you change the plugs,within a couple of minutes,its all soaked again
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
TSAT:

Tick white like smoke at least that was what I saw when I went to the mechanic shop to see it. If you change the plugs,within a couple of minutes,its all soaked again

Rings
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
smartchoice:

Rings

The technician tried tapping current;using wire to tap current from the other 3 coils to the left if the engine onto the right side which is soaking plugs;but the vehicle was running with difficulty.on gradual acceleration on the trottle pedal,the engine will work fine exhuming the oil smoke from the exhaust tail.

If going by your opinion the the rings is bad,
1) can I get original rings to replace with? And where??

2) how come the soaked plugs is ONLY from one side of the engine?

3) how come the scanner is indicating faulty ECM ??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lezz(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
TSAT:

The technician tried tapping current;using wire to tap current from the other 3 coils to the left if the engine onto the right side which is soaking plugs;but the vehicle was running with difficulty.on gradual acceleration on the trottle pedal,the engine will work fine exhuming the oil smoke from the exhaust tail.

If going by your opinion the the rings is bad,
1) can I get original rings to replace with? And where??

2) how come the soaked plugs is ONLY from one side of the engine?

3) how come the scanner is indicating faulty ECM ??
hello there. I am new here but my e200 kompressor once had plug socking issues and it was an electrical thing. it was one of the plug wires. A bad coil can also cause it too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Muoweta: 6:39am On Oct 20, 2014
Pls add me lemmi c Ow much I can grab frm this grp, used star diagnostic machine buh had issues with it. Kindly expose 0705 349 4578 to gurus in here. Do av a blessed week
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 20, 2014
lezz:
hello there. I am new here but my e200 kompressor once had plug socking issues and it was an electrical thing. it was one of the plug wires. A bad coil can also cause it too.

Oil soaking? Not fuel?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lezz(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
smartchoice:

Oil soaking? Not fuel?
yes, oil soaking. In the M111 and M112 etc, once those plugs aren't firing well, they tend to soak the plug with engine oil. My experience was with one of the plug coils and plug wire was bad and the plugs get soaked up with half a day. I thought it was a rings thing until, the plug wire was changed. And it was emitting white smoke from the exhaust too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.