Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (970753 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
The w203 model eyop displayed are the sports models.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
lomomike:
The w203 model eyop displayed are the sports models.

Yes they are sir. Engine is also supercharged and not naturally aspirated

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ishilove: 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2014
Eyop:

Its a lie. The engine is artificially aspirated and supernaturally charged

cool

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ishilove:

cool

Ezekiel shocked oya aunty bring your spanners come learn work.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ishilove:

cool
smiley Ishi...this is not Jap forum oooo and i don't want to follow ur matter to avoid spamming this thread. Lets meet somewhere else abeg.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ishilove: 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
Eyop:

smiley Ishi...this is not Jap forum oooo and i don't want to follow ur matter to avoid spamming this thread. Lets meet somewhere else abeg.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ishilove: 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
lomomike:

Ezekiel shocked oya aunty bring your spanners come learn work.
grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
cne010:
Armed with the advise from auhanson that bushings could be worked instead of being replaced I took a trip to Trinity in Apapa the home of benz parts and I got mine replaced.
The worn bushings.

If he did it well , you would be surprised at how durable it could last

cne010:

I got a bill of 10k to get mine done as well. Its begin to lose gum from the rear sit side window.

Honestly the reason why i did mine myself is because of this future loosening up. The gumming is the real deal here, that why it took me over 4hrs to get that done perfectly well. The upholstery guys might want to save material and time here to only do the gumming too sparingly to your own detriment, but i never gave room to such shabby work.

Besides, i usually hate the way they shabbily trim the ages and the substance of material they usually use. so i spent time for a thorough job that will last the test of time.

Gee2728:
nice one bro, had mine done for abt 7k.
Thanks my Gee. Honestly i dont think i can do this job for someone , not even for 10k labour alone...

cne010:
I would be facelifting her very soon already gatherings parts stay tuned.
I'm very much interested in this facelifted project , pls keep us posted. I did it once for my 190 and should like to do it for my c class as well
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
Eyop:
@ Cne010.... The first and second pics are for 2004 Mercedes C230 Kompressor interior and exterior while the 3rd is for the 2005 C230 Kompressor. If you notice the interior pics,the steering and sound system of the 2004 are different from the 2005 but they both have the same exterior. The 2004 sound system is BOSE while the 2005 comes with Harman Kardon which was the first year it was introduced on the W203 C Class. Even the instrument cluster are not same. A lot changed from 2005 but just that it has the same Exterior.

Beautiful smart sport black benz!!! wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2014
Eyop:
@ Cne010.... The first and second pics are for 2004 Mercedes C230 Kompressor interior and exterior while the 3rd is for the 2005 C230 Kompressor. If you notice the interior pics,the steering and sound system of the 2004 are different from the 2005 but they both have the same exterior. The 2004 sound system is BOSE while the 2005 comes with Harman Kardon which was the first year it was introduced on the W203 C Class. Even the instrument cluster are not same. A lot changed from 2005 but just that it has the same Exterior.

Only the sport models have a different steering from 2001 to 2007 have same steering just a different cluster, UCP, AC control and stereo unit.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 30, 2014
Eyop:

The W203 C230 Sport in naturally aspirated and has that same interior.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:27am On Oct 30, 2014
cne010:

The W203 C230 Sport in naturally aspirated and has that same interior.
I disagree with you. The only W203 C230 that is naturally aspirated is the 2006 C230 V6 that comes with the 2.5L Engine others are 1.8L supercharged engines. I have dug deep so i know what am saying. I have also differentiated the interior. Please Google them to confirm what am saying.

Cheers
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:35am On Oct 30, 2014
cne010:

Only the sport models have a different steering from 2001 to 2007 have same steering just a different cluster, UCP, AC control and stereo unit.

SPORTS: 2001 to 2004 have same Steering and same instrument cluster,AC control,stereo unit(BOSE). 2005 to 2007 have different steering,different instrument cluster,Harman Kardon sound system,AC control unit. I have studied the W203 very well so what am writing are facts. Google again bro.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 30, 2014
Eyop:

SPORTS: 2001 to 2004 have same Steering and same instrument cluster,AC control,stereo unit(BOSE). 2005 to 2007 have different steering,different instrument cluster,Harman Kardon sound system,AC control unit. I have studied the W203 very well so what am writing are facts. Google again bro.

Yes I know that I'm talking about the non sport model when I say they all have the same steering.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2014
Eyop:

I disagree with you. The only W203 C230 that is naturally aspirated is the 2006 C230 V6 that comes with the 2.5L Engine others are 1.8L supercharged engines. I have dug deep so i know what am saying. I have also differentiated the interior. Please Google them to confirm what am saying.

Cheers

Yes I know that as well I was trying to tell you that all sport interior are not always turbo charged you need to see the badge to know if it is a Konpressor or not.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2014
Eyop seems we are saying the same thing cos in my facelift I won't be changing the steering.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:40am On Oct 30, 2014
cne010:

Yes I know that as well I was trying to tell you that all sport interior are not always turbo charged you need to see the badge to know if it is a Konpressor or not.

I didn't really understand the post, but i guess you meant seeing the badge first before concluding whether it's supercharged or not? I don't need to see the badge to know. Once i see a supercharged engine or Naturally aspirated one,i sure will know. Supposing the badge isn't there,will you conclude that it's not kompressor(supercharged)?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2014
Hi experts in the house!

I'm considering a Mercedes Benz A-Class 2003. Is this a good car for Lagos roads? Im considering fuel consumption, availability of the parts and cost of the parts as well as general reliability. It also appears that unlike other German cars, the resale value is low, how true is this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
parisienne:
Hi experts in the house!

I'm considering a Mercedes Benz A-Class 2003. Is this a good car for Lagos roads? Im considering fuel consumption, availability of the parts and cost of the parts as well as general reliability. It also appears that unlike other German cars, the resale value is low, how true is this?

I haven't seen very good reviews about the A class. Resale value on all German cars are low. I think it has a very tiny engine as well.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
Thanks.

cne010:

I haven't seen very good reviews about the A class. Resale value on all German cars are low. I think it has a very tiny engine as well.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Megatone(m): 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
Experts in d house please am experiencing d jerkenson syndrome on my C200 kompressor 2004. Most times i experience the jerking in d morning wen d engine is still cold, but wen it has heated up it stops. I have changed my plugs and fuel filter but der is still no improvement.

Please has anybody experienced this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
@megatone after all you've replaced I think the only thing left is to service the nozzles and Check compressor air lines for leakages I hope you got the original plugs? Is the check engine light on?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
I got my headliners replaced the passengers side headliners were already saggy. I decided to use a lighter shade of the original brown to get a two tone.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Megatone(m): 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
cne010:
@megatone after all you've replaced I think the only thing left is to service the nozzles and Check compressor air lines for leakages I hope you got the original plugs? Is the check engine light on?

Thanks 4 d prompt response.As regards 2 the plugs, i didn't buy dem myself. I gave d mechanic 7k for d plugs. D check engine sign is on..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
Megatone:

Thanks 4 d prompt response.As regards 2 the plugs, i didn't buy dem myself. I gave d mechanic 7k for d plugs. D check engine sign is on..

I think you need to scan the car and pull the codes.

7k for 4 plugs seems cheap to me I think you should get the Bosch.

Service the nozzles and check the compressor airlines as well.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
Megatone:

You need to diagnose that vehicle to be sure of what's wrong. The replaced parts may not be original because some mechanics are known for this gimmicks. Scan the vehicle to know exactly what's wrong and you take it from there. You've just been doing trial and error which is not the best. Apart from the wasteful expenses,you expose your vehicle to more harm than good. Goodluck
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Eyop:

You need to diagnose that vehicle to be sure of what's wrong. The replaced parts may not be original because some mechanics are known for this gimmicks. Scan the vehicle to know exactly what's wrong and you take it from there. You've just been doing trial and error which is not the best. Apart from the wasteful expenses,you expose your vehicle to more harm than good. Goodluck

@megatone since the check engine light is on scanning should be the first thing you should have done. Honestly you should consider another mechanic that won't waste your money.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Megatone(m): 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
@ Eyop #cne101 thanks a whole lot.

Would gladly check it out 2moro. Den gve feed back.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 6:59am On Nov 03, 2014
was driving to abuja last week, btwn 140 to 160kmph I suddenly heard a slight bang sound from my car then I stopped and check but noticed nothing so I continued driving till I got to my destination. on starting the car again I notice the CEL came on and since then the ride is a bit rough at start and at times it it just goes off at stop lights or hold ups. took it for a scan and more bad news, the connector under the steering wheel is not powering. so for now all I have done to ease things up is to change the plugs, clean the nozzles and change the fuel filters and am also suspecting a dead MAF cos when I rev the engine cnt feel that pull of air and the S/C clutch hardly spin. any one with the slightest idea. tnx
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Gee what was the scan result.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
cne010:
Gee what was the scan result.
cld not scan cos the connector under the steering wheel is not powering. the fellow connected the scanner but there was no signal.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by tommysparks: 5:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Gee2728:
was driving to abuja last week, btwn 140 to 160kmph I suddenly heard a slight bang sound from my car then I stopped and check but noticed nothing so I continued driving till I got to my destination. on starting the car again I notice the CEL came on and since then the ride is a bit rough at start and at times it it just goes off at stop lights or hold ups. took it for a scan and more bad news, the connector under the steering wheel is not powering. so for now all I have done to ease things up is to change the plugs, clean the nozzles and change the fuel filters and am also suspecting a dead MAF cos when I rev the engine cnt feel that pull of air and the S/C clutch hardly spin. any one with the slightest idea. tnx
gee I suspect the MAF like seriously. I had à similar expérience and it was the MAF

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.