Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (972244 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
TSAT Bad valves and Piston.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
cne010:
TSAT Bad valves and Piston.

Piston,bad valves,rings. All point to Engine;going by the inputs. But why the ECM from the scan.
May just take the chance of getting a matching ECM and see if there will be need to change the Engine.

Any idea availability and cost of matching ECM or Engine??
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
TSAT:

Piston,bad valves,rings. All point to Engine;going by the inputs. But why the ECM from the scan.
May just take the chance of getting a matching ECM and see if there will be need to change the Engine.

Any idea availability and cost of matching ECM or Engine??

I don't know how easy it is to get a ECM that would match cos with benz the key, ecm and hammer the steering lock have to be married. So getting a new one means getting the 3.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TSAT: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
cne010:

I don't know how easy it is to get a ECM that would match cos with benz the key, ecm and hammer the steering lock have to be married. So getting a new one means getting the 3.

If that is what it will take, that will by God grace won't be a problem; but getting a matching unit, is my primary concern and headache.
Pls house members I dey wait for positive solution ooo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fritz007(m): 6:51am On Oct 22, 2014
I've shared my phone number to be added to the whatsapp group but it seems I've not appeased the gods and elders..... How do I appease to be in the group 08030595264
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 6:56am On Oct 22, 2014
Fritz007:
I've shared my phone number to be added to the whatsapp group but it seems I've not appeased the gods and elders..... How do I appease to be in the group 08030595264
Lol..Smartchoice will do justice to adding you up. He's the chief of the whatsapp group.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2014
His no is not on whatsapp ...Eyop why you no join?

Eyop:

Lol..Smartchoice will do justice to adding you up. He's the chief of the whatsapp group.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2014
smartchoice:

Ok i thought as much. Me join? Me i no dey needed for the group now...wetin i sabi sef na to just follow up with the forum and the gurus dem.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oba009(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
Please house is there any major problem with ML 350 2000. I want to buy one please what and what should I know?

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
oba009:
Please house is there any major problem with ML 350 2000. I want to buy one please what and what should I know?

Thanks
Smartchoice...Oya over to you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
You've got to check out this maniac, Mercedes Benz AMG 6x6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8thaIMJd1Rg
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
auhanson:
You've got to check out this maniac, Mercedes Benz AMG 6x6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8thaIMJd1Rg

Auhanson post on the request now
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2014
Just cruising now once I get home would definitely post
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
auhanson:
Just cruising now once I get home would definitely post

Hanson this benz is a real beast ooooh. Na real jungle vehicle be this one and this is money.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2014
oba009:

Thanks

Though I am not a fan of suvs nor cross overs, because they seems to be like an unnecessary evil to me(a mid size compact sedan Benz is just capable enough) , but if you happen to test drive an ml350 with any other suv, like rx330 you will be surprised at the level of luxury and comfort as well as handling that your ml350 will offer you unlike your rx330 and her likes, that are somehow boring, no soul to it like your ml350.
Ml 350 handles just like some luxury sedan , you could drift and twist with it and above all her acceleration is excellent, 0-60 mph(120kmh) in 8.4 sec for an suv, and has a very good mpg of 19/31 cty/hw averaging out 25mpg in British standard scale for a 6 cylinder engine of 272 bhp at 6000RPM, with a 7 speed steptronic auto gearbox to cut down cost of running while reducing any load on the engine of 3,498 cc displacement stock, a 4matic drive.

To me Benz is the cheapest car to maintain if you are not careless in maintenance, but could be the costliest if you are. Unfortunately few of the guys I see around with Benz, BMW and Audi are very careless in maintenance and they pay dearly for their ignorance, hence looking at the cars as an expensive type in terms of maintenance.

The truth is that if you look at Benz as a costly car so it will be, but if you look at it as a cheap car to maintain then it will be same too. Any angle you look at it, it will deliver same to you. There was this myth that I knew from infanthood that benz is an expensive machine to maintain, I buried it in my heart and definitely it became very expesive for me to maintain when I finally bought benz not until I changed my mindset did benz became a budget machine to me, in a sense that I could run it a whole year when broke with little or no kobo. Don’t wait for a component to breakdown before you fix it , any defective component will always give an extended warnings until you have the bucks to fix it, besides most of her wear items can be re engineered locally to last even like stock at no cost because they are made of quality material/alloy. For a careful and a knowledgeable owner, Benz is cheaper to fix than any other brand of vehicle.

Ml350 has many wires and circuitary like benz c class and e class of that model year, and never you nor your technician mess with these items, simply replace what ever is bad here, and leave it at the factory settings , avoid by passing/straight connections at all cost since it is a highly computerised machine with proper computer(ECU) coding, in order words it is very loaded with hightech.

Because of her sportlike fenders and side sketches, she is more beautiful when decorated with wider tyres

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Eyop:

Hanson this benz is a real beast ooooh. Na real jungle vehicle be this one and this is money.

I bet you this beast surpasses the so called "Hummer" and our politicians/biz men can definitely afford it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 10:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
auhanson:

I bet you this beast surpasses the so called "Hummer" and our politicians/biz men can definitely afford it
Yes they can afford it. I will pick this 6x6 over Hummer. Hummer has never wowed me and never will it. This is the real beast.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
Eyop:

Yes they can afford it. I will pick this 6x6 over Hummer. Hummer has never wowed me and never will it. This is the real beast.

The hummer of nowadays cant even crosswater, but you could see as this maniac chew the waters and spew them off
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
auhanson:

The hummer of nowadays cant even crosswater, but you could see as this maniac chew the waters and spew them off
My brother it did oooo and even in the desert sef. U know this one has 6 wheels compared to hummer. A real monster i must tell you. Even the police that stopped the driver was in a state of confusion. Hahahahaha
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oba009(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks man you are the best.

auhanson:

Though I am not a fan of suvs nor cross overs, because they seems to be like an unnecessary evil to me(a mid size compact sedan Benz is just capable enough) , but if you happen to test drive an ml350 with any other suv, like rx330 you will be surprised at the level of luxury and comfort as well as handling that your ml350 will offer you unlike your rx330 and her likes, that are somehow boring, no soul to it like your ml350.
Ml 350 handles just like some luxury sedan , you could drift and twist with it and above all her acceleration is excellent, 0-60 mph(120kmh) in 8.4 sec for an suv, and has a very good mpg of 19/31 cty/hw averaging out 25mpg in British standard scale for a 6 cylinder engine of 272 bhp at 6000RPM, with a 7 speed steptronic auto gearbox to cut down cost of running while reducing any load on the engine of 3,498 cc displacement stock, a 4matic drive.

To me Benz is the cheapest car to maintain if you are not careless in maintenance, but could be the costliest if you are. Unfortunately few of the guys I see around with Benz, BMW and Audi are very careless in maintenance and they pay dearly for their ignorance, hence looking at the cars as an expensive type in terms of maintenance.

The truth is that if you look at Benz as a costly car so it will be, but if you look at it as a cheap car to maintain then it will be same too. Any angle you look at it, it will deliver same to you. There was this myth that I knew from infanthood that benz is an expensive machine to maintain, I buried it in my heart and definitely it became very expesive for me to maintain when I finally bought benz not until I changed my mindset did benz became a budget machine to me, in a sense that I could run it a whole year when broke with little or no kobo. Don’t wait for a component to breakdown before you fix it , any defective component will always give an extended warnings until you have the bucks to fix it, besides most of her wear items can be re engineered locally to last even like stock at no cost because they are made of quality material/alloy. For a careful and a knowledgeable owner, Benz is cheaper to fix than any other brand of vehicle.

Ml350 has many wires and circuitary like benz c class and e class of that model year, and never you nor your technician mess with these items, simply replace what ever is bad here, and leave it at the factory settings , avoid by passing/straight connections at all cost since it is a highly computerised machine with proper computer(ECU) coding, in order words it is very loaded with hightech.

Because of her sportlike fenders and side sketches, she is more beautiful when decorated with wider tyres
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Gee2728(m): 11:39am On Oct 23, 2014
@auhanson, two days brother
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
oba009:
Thanks man you are the best.

No worries Bros.

Gee2728:
@auhanson, two days brother

Gee welcome back , we've got to do some drifting and twisting like these ones here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3N9dtNjS84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-tEtGQzN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDoZl_j-qjs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
Time to leave Nairaland.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
smartchoice:
Time to leave Nairaland.
Leave to where?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Eyop:

Leave to where?

Just leaving.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
By the way Smartchoice, here are the pix from that Sunday exercise. I was just thinking of what to do to my ride, to add more value to it last weekend since i'd not touched it for a very long time.
I decided to stripped down the inner old roof and rebuild it to taste, DIY.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
i
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 9:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
After all said and done in about 5hrs the thoroughly done work was over , the gumming alone took me about 4 hrs, because i wanted it the best that will last, since Benz is about durability.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fritz007(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
smartchoice:

Boss u finally added me....DK

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by auhanson(m): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
This our network can be very frustrating some times
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 24, 2014
auhanson:
By the way Smartchoice, here are the pix from that Sunday exercise. I was just thinking of what to do to my ride, to add more value to it last weekend since i'd not touched it for a very long time.
I decided to stripped down the inner old roof and rebuild it to taste, DIY.

Not detailed very unlike you..... BTW what gives you the confidence to always tamper with your vehicle.... From opening engines to interior decor?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2014
Eyop:

Leave to where?

Beginning to detest the moderation style of the forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.