Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

"I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari (6346 Views)

Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off / 2023: I’ll Step Down If South East Gets Presidency — Okupe / I’ll Step On People’s Toes In Environmental Sanitation Policies – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by HeWrites(m): 7:16am On May 22, 2019
President Buhari has said that the sweeping offensive against drug trafficking will be sustained by his administration in its second term in office, Igbere Tv reports.

President Buhari said this when he received leaders of Nigerian Community in Saudi Arabia at the end of his Umrah trip in Saudi Arabia today May 21st. The president said efforts should be intensified to expose those involved in drug trafficking and illegal trade in the country, assuring that appropriate actions would be taken.

The President said the recent exposure of a network of drug dealers operating at one of Nigeria’s international airports, who were discovered to be tagging bags filled with drugs in the name of innocent passengers, called for expansion of searchlights.

He urged citizens to refrain from breaching the laws of Nigeria and other countries.

“Every country has its own unpatriotic citizens. In China and Saudi Arabia, the laws are stringent on these things. Our citizens must obey our laws. They must respect the laws of other jurisdictions and if they don’t, then they should blame themselves, not the harsh laws that they meet,” President Buhari said.

The President said he was grateful for the support and prayers of Nigerians in Saudi Arabia for wellbeing of the country, assuring them that his administration will do its best to secure the country, improve economy and fight corruption, Igbere Tv reports.

“We have tried in the war against terrorism and citizens in the Northeast are our best witnesses. Agriculture is doing well, to the point that we are food self-sufficient, as a result helping the nation to save money on imports,” he added.

On the renewal of his mandate for a second term, President Buhari said he owed Nigerians a debt of gratitude.

According to him, “we are doing our best. I will continue to keep the trust of citizens. I am happy Nigerians have confidence in us. The crowds I witnessed in my campaign across the 36 states were not staged. No amount of money could have generated that enthusiasm. I assure everyone that I will continue to do my best. I will keep the trust of Nigerians.’’

https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/21/buhari-told-nigerian-community-saudi-arabia/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by faithfull18(f): 7:17am On May 22, 2019
Okay.
Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by Lagosfinder(m): 7:24am On May 22, 2019
Able president its long over due

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by TheMoniker: 7:27am On May 22, 2019
grin
And what are you doing about your retàrded brain Mr. Pain in the asś?
The other thread, Pinnick charged with $8,400, N4bn fraud (Nigeria’s money o) and no one is talking about it but hypocrites Nigerians are hailing him for visiting Chukwu but it’s Naira Marley that plunged Nigeria into poverty that’s your problem. You go get sense by force.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by shuttox: 7:27am On May 22, 2019
Buhari....please tackle other critical issue so that our economy will improve

Smh

6 Likes

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by Onlinealaba(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2019
' I will' 'i shall' ..these are the usual stanza we av been hearing for four years now..i do pray and hope these next level will be a different and more conducive one.

Check my signature, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

2 Likes

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by MobilityExpress: 7:27am On May 22, 2019
lipsrsealed. grin
Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by DimkpaBini: 7:27am On May 22, 2019
Lip service angry

Like the much vaunted fighting against corruption angry

9 Likes

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by mmsen: 7:28am On May 22, 2019
Would people traffic drugs if you dealt with the economic barriers at home?

5 Likes

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by Chinashopping84: 7:28am On May 22, 2019
Till tomoro those in your kitchen cabinet are still peddling drugs what have you done about that Mr presidio.Please leave talk alone and take action.,,talk talk talk without action.Meanwhile we take action by paying your 1688 suppliers with rmb.

3 Likes

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by helinues: 7:28am On May 22, 2019
We all know the suppliers and the users. Easy to curb
Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by abumeinben(m): 7:29am On May 22, 2019
What's his business with drug trafficking?

Does this old man even know his job description?

Is he planning to head NDLEA just like he did Ministry of Petroleum?

Haba.

1 Like

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:30am On May 22, 2019
Step up action against Hunger... Unemployment and insecurity and see all these evil vices die a terrible death...

But here we are so preoccupied in chasing shadows...
Many youths are into cyber crimes and we prefer to arrest them rather than address the root cause...

Let him build more prisons then...

Buhari has nothing to offer the country.... But I was atleast expecting his advisers to come to his aid...

Only fools support this cow government...
Buhari is a failure

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by chukwuibuipob: 7:30am On May 22, 2019
cheesy grin wink grin cool cool very Good baba Next level.We d good pipu of 9ja support u sir

2 Likes

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:31am On May 22, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Yeebos will not like this news.

This is the kind of person I share a country with......

It's a pity

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:31am On May 22, 2019
smiley
Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by Nobody: 7:31am On May 22, 2019
lets join hands together to sanitize Nairaland of tribal bigots. If you come across any post meant to demean any tribe just click the report button and type the number "2". The post will be hidden and gradually we will have the peace we've always wanted

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by chukwuibuipob: 7:32am On May 22, 2019
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin sad i can see all Fl@theadPiigs shivering inside out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by Pavore9: 7:32am On May 22, 2019
mmsen:
Would people traffic drugs if you dealt with the economic barriers at home?

They are folks who drug trafficking has seeped into their blood stream, not about the economy. Why is that those who have hundreds of millions in their bank accounts, proceeds from drug trafficking still continue with the trade?

1 Like

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by EternalBeing: 7:32am On May 22, 2019
Drugs would not sell much if not that a lot of people are depressed. Help depressed people with: https://www.nairaland.com/5133117/drugs-sex-indulgence-not-solution

1 Like

Re: "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari by chukwuibuipob: 7:34am On May 22, 2019
grin lipsrsealed undecided grin grin grin grin cheesy i dnt even want the president to take action against those developersPiigs making life uncomfortable for honest Nigerians doing legit biz/make visa difficult for responsible traveler. He for allow dem carry their market go to Saudi,india,Indonesia/ oda Asians nation.Awon omo irankiran jatijati lasan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Net Foreign Exchange Inflow Falls 56% To $3.2bn In 3yrs / Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days / Prof. Cyprian Edward-Ekpo urges Tinubu to curtail corruption in Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.