Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars (28184 Views)

This Is How Lawyers Advertise Themselves With Their Cars (Photos) / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video) / Annoying Things Lagos Drivers Do On The Road By AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by AutoJoshNG: 1:40pm On May 22, 2019
The Good Book says, “Love your neighbour as yourself”. Therefore, we’re left with no choice but to love them.

However, some neighbours sharing the same residential compound with us can do things that often drive us crazy.

For instance, they do certain things with their cars that if not well-managed could lead to a dispute. At such times, they make you wish you could afford to live in a self-compound.

For those who live in shared compounds, you will relate to the pain caused by some neighbours, especially the inconsiderate ones that never think of others, but just themselves.

Indeed, peaceful communal living requires some special skills and patience.

Anyway, here, we look at the top annoying habits that our neighbours put up with their cars.

Honking their horns endlessly for the security to open the gate

After a hard day, you settle in your apartment for some peace and quiet. Then arrives your neighbour, and the tranquillity ends with the loud blaring of his/her car horn.

And this happens often when they try to get the attention of the security man to open the gate for them. It could be really annoying if the neighbour in question is not the patient type, as the honking can go on for long like a performance by a deprave member of a  symphony.

Taking Eternity To Come Out To Repark

You need to go out in a rush. But your neighbour's car is parked behind yours, thus blocking your way out of the compound. So, you send a message to him/her to come out to move their car in order for you to exit the compound. However, it takes forever for the neighbour to come out. You become livid. But you somehow contain your anger. The worst part is having to wait for ages for them to move their car. Still, you find a way to avoiding confrontation.

Leaving the House When  They Blocked Your Car

So you need to leave the house with your car. You reach out to your neighbour whose car is blocking your access out of the compound, only to be informed that the neighbour left the house without his or car.

Calling you at Awkward Times for You to Repark

Just at the point when you are slipping into bliss in your apartment, a neighbour calls you out to re-park in order to make it easy for him/her the way to drive in or out. Such a request could drive one crazy.

Wasting Parking Space

In some compounds, parking space is very limited. So, any available space is greatly cherished.

However, there are some neighbours who would drive in and leave a huge space ahead of them, or park their cars atrociously. In the process, they take up more bays of parking space.  Technically, they deprive those that are yet to return home with parking space.

If these neighbours were to park properly, the parking space could fit more cars in the parking area. 

Blocking The Driveways With their Cars

You have had a horrible day, so you drive to your house, only to discover that your neighbour has blocked the driveway or the entrance into the compound with his/her car. Arrghh!

Reserving Parking  Space for their Spouses

Most shared compounds operate a parking policy of first come, first served. However, some neighbours do not have a problem with violating this policy by using their cars to park in a certain manner in order to reserve a space for their spouses who are yet to arrive home.

Disturbing the Peace With Their Car Audio System

They go into their parked car in the compound and without any plan to drive out. There, they blast the car audio system without any consideration for the desire for quietness by their neighbours.

Parking Too Close To Your Car

They park too close to your car that it becomes impossible to open your car door in order to get in. Perhaps, they expect you to board your car through the sunroof.  

Similarly, they park too close to your bumper that opening your boot becomes impossible.

Littered Driveway With Toys

Driving in or out of the compound is sometimes made harder when you have to take extra caution not to drive over the toys or playthings of your neighbour's kids that customarily litter the driveway. 

Their Kids Turns Your Car Chassis To A Writing Board

Well, not that you are against learning, but using your car as a writing platform is not a delightful way to encourage our neighbour's children to pursue an education.  And, Yes. That thing could really drive one crazy.

Parking in your Designated Space

In some compounds, each occupant is allocated designated parking spaces. However, some neighbours do not have any qualms encroaching on other neighbour's parking space. Even worse is when they do not direct their guests to park elsewhere!

Their Visitors taking Up Parking Space

In compounds with very limited parking space, some neighbours let their visitors park in the residents’ car park, blocking the access or taking space designated for other residents.

Even more frustrating when there is plenty of street parking available.

Too many cars parked in the compound

Ok. Parking space is scarce. However, a neighbour does not have any problem populating the compound with far more number of cars that he or his family needs.

Honking Their Horn To Get Their Wives Or Kids To Come Out

They get into the car faster than their wives or children who seem to always take forever to get out of bed, clothed, fed and ready for work or school. 

So, they devise a method to hasten them by sitting in their running car in the parking space and honk the horn to hasten them.

Have we missed any?

Share your frustrations by leaving a comment below. 

Source:

https://autojosh.com/15-annoying-things-our-neighbours-do-with-their-cars/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by AutoJoshNG: 1:40pm On May 22, 2019
Share your frustration from similar experience by leaving a comment below.

7 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by allsaint2000: 1:42pm On May 22, 2019
Cars and parking are the number 1 cause of quarrel among neighbours.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by HospitalityDiva(f): 1:43pm On May 22, 2019
Nice one.
Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Baba419(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2019
Not greeting us because we are walking by

20 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2019
Refusing to greet me first just because they also have a car angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by allsaint2000: 3:52pm On May 22, 2019
OgogoroFreak:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by czarina(f): 4:01pm On May 22, 2019
Op, you missed the part where they never bother to complain about electrical faults because they can always charge in their cars if water pass garri. God go judge them.

For all the good car owners reading this, y'all deserve a good massage session done by trained professionals. Check my profile if you want

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Yankiss(m): 4:01pm On May 22, 2019
Lol. Rich neighborhood wahala.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Lotel: 4:03pm On May 22, 2019
Is it your car

6 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by 9jaArea: 4:04pm On May 22, 2019
My neighbor's generator is so loud, it can be heard from 4 streets away

Me too bro, sometimes I pray power is restored not because I have need for it.

Gabson001:

I always pray for phcn to give us light else the noise from our neighbours gen will cause sleepliness night

28 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by vheckthor1: 4:04pm On May 22, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
undecided undecided

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by dingbang(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2019
Best thing is to build your own house!

15 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Zane2point4(m): 4:06pm On May 22, 2019
Spitting from top of there flat onto the roof of your car, sometimes you see phlegm ontop ur windscreen sef grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Lincoln275(m): 4:07pm On May 22, 2019
No be lie sha
Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Myself2(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2019
grin grin grin
Years ago, I could relate to some of the above listed issues

Thank God I now live in my own house now , my compound is big enough to park five cars,,,plus another 2 cars outside my setback

Yea thank God

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Akuruoulo(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2019
Waitn God never see ?
Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by cyberguy72(m): 4:09pm On May 22, 2019
Asking you to come and pull out your car so they can park in ur front because they wont be readily available when u want to drive out.

14 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by ImaIma1(f): 4:11pm On May 22, 2019
My new neighbour blocked the gate with his car and went to work on a Monday morning even if he clearly saw other cars parked in the compound. Nobody could move out with their car till he got back from work in the evening.

Some people don't actually maximize the use of their brains.

43 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Babamotors100: 4:11pm On May 22, 2019
Edegbai200:
See below

I dont think you are legit
Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 22, 2019
If I can run over someone's dog I wont hesitate to crush any toy in my way

1 Like

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by freemanbubble: 4:12pm On May 22, 2019
Okay
Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Arysexy(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2019
Compound kids using my car to write alphabet.

I don tire to be painting my car. If you cover it, they will gossip that those driving Venza, Lexus no even cover, na u wey dey manage common big for nothing Camry dey show urself

32 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Babamotors100: 4:18pm On May 22, 2019
Nice write-ups.
I don't like iwhen a neighbor uses his car to intimidate other neighbors or make them feel inferior because they are yet to buy a car.
It's foolishness man, cos in these life, anything can happen.

#BeLoving

Invest in Transportion Business, we sell Direct Torkumbor Cars & Trucks for business.
Check out my profile for pictures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by femi4: 4:18pm On May 22, 2019
What about somebody from two or three buildings from yours parking his car in your compound cos his compound doesn't have parking space

3 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by Chuks9000: 4:29pm On May 22, 2019
Cars use a single lane.
My neighbour parks at the middle (instead of innermost).
You will be forced to park behind him.
By evening, he will move to the innermost spot making it look like you are the one wasting space.

7 Likes

Re: 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars by IamSoProlific: 4:31pm On May 22, 2019
My compound is damn big to accommodate any number of car.

My landlord na sure man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price Of New Tyre / Truck Falls On Keke Nepap In Abule Egba (pics) / Project D2 S8 - Audi S8 D2 5-Tiptronic To 6-Speed Manual Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.