Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . (8447 Views)

Wikipedia Updates Orubebe’s Profile Over Attempted Poll Disruprion / Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police / Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2010
grin grin grin When will Jonathan stop proving he is "more of the same " with actions that reveals he is no different to the many hardened dictators he is comfortable associating with ? This brings to mind the despicable and shameful treatment meted out to Uzoma Okere by  naval ratings while their nearnderthal  boss (Rear Admiral Harry Arogundade) sat in his car unperturbed (see video below) . This is the same as how a security detail attached to Atiku , while he was VP, beat a pressman into a coma !!! What is wrong with Nigerian leaders with how they casually condone gross human rights abuse ? We need new age leaders who will respect all Nigerians and not just pretend to be like most of them with tales of walking to school with no shoes !!! Admirably , Fashola apologised to Uzoma Okere[b] personally  [/b] (while Yar Adua as C in C of the armed forces ignored the issue) and paid for her legal defence !!! Shame on you Mr.President !!! A man losing his liberty ,and possibly his means of supporting his family,  for three months because he rammed into one of your vehicles !!! Where else do we see this in the civilised world ?

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-134234

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16455:ekene-ezechukwu-abuja&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101

Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder .

Sunday, 26 September 2010 03:18 Ekene Ezechukwu, Abuja   .A taxi driver who rammed into the car conveying President Goodluck  Jonathan on his official duty may have experienced hell on earth, in the hands of law enforcement officers who detained him for several months and charged him to court for what they termed attempted murder.

Mr. Ameh Onyeke, a taxi driver within the FCT, was dragged to a Gwagwalada court for alleged dangerous driving and attempted murder of the president. The case was filed at Court 11 Gwagwalada. Although hearing was scheduled for last Thursday, it didn't hold as the prosecutor was absent.

According to the counsel to Mr Ameh Barr. Ayam Michael, Ameh was arrested after the incident and was beaten black and blue by security agents in Mr. President's convoy around February this year, when his vehicle rammed into the President's car along area 11, Garki. He was promptly clamped into detention, where he was said to have spent over three months. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Though he was granted bail after three months, since then, the case is yet to proceed in the court.

According to the defense counsel to the accused, who spoke to Leadership Sunday exclusively, the prosecutor, Barr Taiwo Malik ,attached to Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS)  only attended the court once, which was when he filed the case according to section 129 of the criminal code and have not been seen again.

Barr Ayam further informed that, he had moved a motion for his client's vehicle to be returned to him since his client has no plans of killing Mr. President as alleged. In his words, "there is nothing about the boy killing the President. Rather, it is as a result of security lapses on the side of Mr. President's security agents, who were supposed to be at alert to forestall any harm possible of befalling the President. Therefore, if the car of a poor taxi driver could ram into the president's car, then there is no security in this country,” he concluded.

Meanwhile, Mr. Ameh Onyeke is yet to be given back his car which was confiscated by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) since January.

When contacted, media spokesman for president Jonathan, Mr. Ima Niboro said he was not aware of the incident
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2010
na so
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 10:07am On Sep 26, 2010
ice234:

na so

Totally despicable shite !!!! All Nigerians should condemn this nearnderthal behaviour that is a throwback to the Abacha days !!! Fans of Jonathan shamelessly come here to pretend he is a good man when his actions , daily, show he will be no better than OBJ or the "servant leader" who turned out to be everything but a servant of Nigerians !!!!

We can see what Jonathan is capable of with how he is bullying some Governors with the EFCC , because they do not back his ambition, and his dangerous inaction over the Ogun State debacle caused by his overtly criminal campaign coordinator in the South West - Gbenga Daniel.

Caveat emptor - "let the buyer beware" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2010
but IBB isnt beta either
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by idupaul: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2010
It know gej isnt aware . Nw dat he is mr ameh shal get his car back
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2010
ice234:

but IBB isnt beta either

My friend , let us learn to put things in perspective as Nigerians. What concerns IBB with this topic? What if you are the Nigerian taxi driver locked up for three months merely because you hit a car in the convoy of Jonathan? If you are the bread winner for your family , what can happen to your children in the three months you are locked away unfairly ? Some of you are so focused with keeping IBB out that you cannot even see we could be gaining someone similar to IBB. You make excuses for Jonathan when non is tenable . This is wrong . Plain and simple !!!! It is a terrible indictment of Jonathan's poor stance on human right abuse !!!!!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2010
idupaul:

It know gej isnt aware . Nw dat he is mr ameh shal get his car back

Is this a sick joke ? Anyway , I am not surprised . You fans of Jonathan will go to any lenght to remain blind to what is very obvious to everyone else. I suppose Jonathan is also not "aware" of the disgraceful , condemnable and outrightly illegal shenanigans in Ogun State perpetrated by his campaign coordinator for the South West region?
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Nsiman(m): 11:06am On Sep 26, 2010
Everyone may put the blame on mr president, the fact is if you the reader are the one it will be same or worst because you will think your opponents are close to your life. Abi no bi so?
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 11:10am On Sep 26, 2010
but its not the president dat sued him. the driver was careless so he should pay the price. thats my take on this
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Justcash(m): 11:25am On Sep 26, 2010
[b]@Poster;

The Taxi driver "Rammed" into the President's (Then Acting president) car. Rammed!!!!  Not just any other car  in the convoy, but the one that was conveying GEJ. Add that fact to how tense the period of this incident was (Yar'adua's illness and "Acting" president issue), then you will understand that it doesn't sound ordinary. It is in fact an attempted assassination. In some other countries, bullets would be rained on the car to stop it from getting to the President's car. Especially when the president is in a tense political period with his opposition group. If the taxi driver really made a mistake, then it is a very unfortunate and regrettable one at that. May God almighty help him. Fact remains that his carelessness would have killed the President. No country would take it as lightly as Jonathan is even taking it.
I know that you are Fashola's fan. What if it was Fashola that was rammed into by a taxi driver in Lagos, at a period that someone like Tinubu is threatening to remove him as Lagos state's governor? Where would your thought go to first?
What were you expecting? That the man should be left to go Scott free?[/b]
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 11:30am On Sep 26, 2010
well said. pls explain it well to him
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by oderemo(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2010
but its not the president dat sued him. the driver was careless so he should pay the price. thats my take on this
i shudder when i read mis guided and ill directed comment like that.
i do not know whether you reside in Nigeria or outside.
foremost we have to generally agreed on what sort of country we all want to live in,
a country where our paid security officers are used as nothing but bully boys to harass  and beat individual to pulp cos of road accident.
secondly i pray you never in your life experience detention for 3 mths in Nigeria cell without bail, lawyer or GODFATHER to speed your release.
i run buss . in Nigeria and the amount hassle you encounter daily frm security official is mind bugling.
now to the point,
there is nothing about the boy killing the President. Rather, it is as a result of security lapses on the side of Mr. President's security agents,
that explain it all. simple.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2010
ice234:

well said. pls explain it well to him

Nonsense . I guess you both missed this:

"there is nothing about the boy killing the President. Rather, it is as a result of security lapses on the side of Mr. President's security agents, who were supposed to be at alert to forestall any harm possible of befalling the President. Therefore, if the car of a poor taxi driver could ram into the president's car, then there is no security in this country,” he concluded.

When have Nigerians ever being kamikaze-type suicide attackers? Ramming the President's car is the best assasination attempt in your mind when many Nigerian politicians have enough money and connection to hire very good snipers ? This poor guys guilt or lack of it could have being established in a day !!! Abeg give up with the silly excuses. More than  three months in prison ? Get real !!!
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2010
will never be detained
wait a minute Nigeria isnt as bad as u are putting it oh
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2010
Gbawe:

Nonsense . I guess you both missed this:

i dont tink i miss it bro
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Beaf: 11:49am On Sep 26, 2010
The man is extremly lucky to be alive, in any previous regime, he would have died on the spot. Thanks to GEJ, there is a new civilisation hitting Nigeria, led by the Presidents example and the man is being duly tried for attempted murder (similar to Ibinabor Fiberisima).

[size=21pt]Simple question for Gbawe; what if GEJ had died in that accident?[/size]

Vote Jonathan, the gentleman in 2011.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 26, 2010
This looks like an offence to me. . .how would somebody ram into the president's main car in the first instance ? What was the man's motive ?
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by oderemo(m): 11:53am On Sep 26, 2010
@justcash,
this is where i disagree with folks,
It is in fact an attempted assassination
well where is your evidence to that , can we stick to actual fact on the ground not some fabrications, pls.
Especially when the president is in a tense political period with his opposition group
tense as in what, ? the country was about to collapse, a coup was on its way,turaya was still in charge then if we may recall.
during abacha that was tense, June12 annulment that was tense, mko death that was tense, muritalas mu hammed death that was tense.
a road accident , i beg to dis agree.
If the taxi driver really made a mistake, then it is a very unfortunate and regrettable one at that.  May God almighty help him.
sorry, GOD did not help him, you ,me and so many Nigerians on earth are GOD servant to help arrest situation like this before a demigod is installed;.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 11:55am On Sep 26, 2010
~Bluetooth:

This looks like an offence to me. . .how would somebody ram into the president's main car in the first instance ? What was the man's motive ?
nice question
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 11:56am On Sep 26, 2010
ode remo:

i shudder when i read mis guided and ill directed comment like that.
i do not know whether you reside in Nigeria or outside.
foremost we have to generally agreed on what sort of country we all want to live in,
a country where our paid security officers are used as nothing but bully boys to harass  and beat individual to pulp cos of road accident.
secondly i pray you never in your life experience detention for 3 mths in Nigeria cell without bail, lawyer or GODFATHER to speed your release.
i run buss . in Nigeria and the amount hassle you encounter daily frm security official is mind bugling.
now to the point, .
that explain it all. simple.

Don't mind dem ojare . We all want a better Nigeria yet some folks speak in defence of despicable human rights abuse best relegated to the past. Was it not the same way Yar Adua was using the SSS to arrest bloggers , upon arrival in Nigeria, and lock them up without access to legal representation ? Did Atiku not stand there while his security detail beat a Journo into a coma because the neswman had the "audacity" to take Atiku's picture?

Did Yar Adua , as C in C of the armed forces, not ignore what happened to Uzoma Okere at the hands of the barbarian Naval ratings under the Nearnderthal command of rear Admiral Arogundade? What has happened to Arogundade and the naval ratings to date? Meanwhile it was Fashola, a true servant leader, that personally apologised to Okere while condemning the behaviour of the Naval ratings !!! Fashola then ensured that Lagos State picked up the tab for Okere's legal fees !!! in the end we will get the leaders we deserve . It seems some of us have learnt nothing from the transformation of Yar Adua , even when the writing was glaringly on the wall, from "servant leader with zero tolerance for corruption" into the dictatorial misruler who killed the war against corruption and employed fugitives from Justice to official positions.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by ice234: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2010
ode remo:

,[b]turaya [/b]was still in charge
who be turaya. who voted for her abeg she was never in-charge pls. she was pretending to be
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2010
Gbawe:

Don't mind dem ojare . We all want a better Nigeria yet some folks speak in defence of despicable human rights abuse best relegated to the past. Was it not the same way Yar Adua was using the SSS to arrest bloggers , upon arrival in Nigeria, and lock them up without access to legal representation ? Did Atiku not stand there while his security detail beat a Journo into a coma because the neswman had the "audacity" to take Atiku's picture?

Did Yar Adua , as C in C of the armed forces, not ignore what happened to Uzoma Okere at the hands of the barbarian Naval ratings under the Nearnderthal command of rear Admiral Arogundade? What has happened to Arogundade and the naval ratings to date? Meanwhile it was Fashola, a true servant leader, that personally apologised to Okere while condemning the behaviour of the Naval ratings !!! Fashola then ensured that Lagos State picked up the tab for Okere's legal fees !!! in the end we will get the leaders we deserve . It seems some of us have learnt nothing from the transformation of Yar Adua , even when the writing was glaringly on the wall, from "servant leader with zero tolerance for corruption" into the dictatorial misruler who killed the war against corruption and employed fugitives from Justice to official positions.
So because we want pdp out,we should now tolerate lawlessness ? You guys don't need character assassination to prove your point.If this act won't be tolerate elsewhere,then it shouldb't be accepted in Nigeria.
A few years back,former president of the united states was embarrassed on national Tv when an iranian journalist threw shoes at him,i guess you've forgotten how the case ended.compare the matter with this one.what would have happened to this guy if he had rammed into bush's car ?
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by oderemo(m): 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2010
The man is extremely lucky to be alive, in any previous regime, he would have died on the spot. Thanks to GEJ, there is a new civilisation hitting Nigeria, led by the Presidents example and the man is being duly tried for attempted murder (similar to Ibinabor Fiberisima).
@beaf,
in as much as i respect your incessant and relentless effort at shoving GEG down our throat i think with comments like that you will start loosing relevant support and more so value.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Luvties(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2010
How much will it cost for the president's car than the liberty of that fellow Nigerian driver
Three months is not three days, even a day in detention how would it feel??

Moreover accident doesn't deliberately happens, since the life of Mr Pre sident is not involve, Mercy should be shown to the helpless driver for the sack of his family.

God is MERCIFUL to have leave us alive to this time with all our shortcomings.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2010
Luvties:

How much will it cost for the president's car than the liberty of that fellow Nigerian driver
Three months is not three days, even a day in detention how would it feel??

Moreover accident doesn't deliberately happens, since the life of Mr Pre sident is not involve, Mercy should be shown to the helpless driver for the sack of his family.

God is MERCIFUL to have leave us alive to this time with all our shortcomings.
Accidents deliberately happen ? Even when roads are cleared for the president !
I guess John kennedy's death was also an accident. ! Abeg,you can never say when a president life is in danger.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Beaf: 12:29pm On Sep 26, 2010
ode remo:

@beaf,
in as much as i respect your incessant and relentless effort at shoving GEG down our throat i think with comments like that you will start loosing relevant support and more so value.

Dude, almost any other country, you wouldn't even have heard anything of the incident. The man would have been summarily killed by sharp shooters or secretly locked away to reveal his accomplices and tried without public knowledge. Afterall, it is the Presidents security we are dealing with here and all of the above is well within the rules to keep him safe.

Jonathans govt however, has handled this in an exemplary, lawful and humane manner, which is highly unusual in our country. Yes, a gentleman leader of the calibre of GEJ is what the country needs to bring us to the level of civilised nations where law and order are king. You might not like it, but the vast majority would appreciate this development. Nigeria is getting somewhere.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by oderemo(m): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2010
A few years back,former president of the united states was embarrassed on national Tv when an iranian journalist threw shoes at him,i guess you've forgotten how the case ended.compare the matter with this one.what would have happened to this guy if he had rammed into bush's car ?

diff. case , diff. scenario.that man was protesting bush reason for INVADINDING his country and probably ready to die for that action.
bush was in Iraq {foreign country} , GEG was in Nigeria, Abuja.
bush was delivering a speech surrounded by security officials and he actually ducked the shoe in question  and joked about it afterall.
did GEG actually see  the car coming? i guess his joke was the 3mth  in tha cell for the guy.

lets face the fact pls.
there is nothing about the boy killing the President. Rather, it is as a result of security lapses on the side of Mr. President's security agents, who were supposed to be at alert to forestall any harm possible of befalling the President. Therefore, if the car of a poor taxi driver could ram into the president's car, then there is no security in this
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by oderemo(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2010
Jonathans govt however, has handled this in an exemplary, lawful and humane manner, which is highly unusual in our country. Yes, a gentleman leader

@beaf , i think if i am reading the facts right and to you that is exemplary ,lawful and humane.
fine by me.
i still don't want to live in a country where 3mth detention is termed humane, don't want a president with such exemplary behaviour.
will fight till death to change that president and the law that will sanction such behaviour.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2010
ode remo:

diff. case , diff. scenario.that man was protesting bush reason for INVADINDING his country and probably ready to die for that action.
bush was in Iraq {foreign country} , GEG was in Nigeria, Abuja.
bush was delivering a speech surrounded by security officials and he actually ducked the shoe in question  and joked about it afterall.
did GEG actually see  the car coming? i guess his joke was the 3mth  in tha cell for the guy.

lets face the fact pls.
What fact ? I'm not interested whether the issue concern jonathan or nor,raher what I want us to clear out is if ''Ramming into a president personal vehicle is an offence''.If this has happened in the US to Obama,will the man be allow to go home simply because he also has right of way like the president ? No !
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by Gbawe: 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2010
ode remo:

lets face the fact pls.

Indeed. It seems as if some people are failing to see what they need to see. What is written below is ample proof that no one believes that this hapless guy wanted to kill Jonathan;

According to the defense counsel to the accused, who spoke to Leadership Sunday exclusively, the prosecutor, Barr Taiwo Malik ,attached to Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS)  only attended the court once, which was when he filed the case according to section 129 of the criminal code and have not been seen again.

Why the half-hearted prosecution of this guy if anyone believes he is a sponsored assasin? Does it make sense to charge him to court for something as serious as the attempted murder of the President only for the prosecution to act as if this guy is in court for urinating in public? Abeg it is obvious no one believes the guy attempted to kill anybody !!! This is the typical heavy-handed abuse of Nigerians that go on everyday.
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by oderemo(m): 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2010
^^^^,
no doubt ,that is an offence, i think we are all now worried at the weight of the punishment .
Re: Taxi Driver Who Hit Jonathan’s Car Charged For Attempted Murder . by damas11111(m): 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2010
Wasn't the road the president and his entourage were passing supposed to be cordoned off and monitored? This is a banana republic indeed.

Punishing an innocent and poor taxi driver for their ineptness and lack of professionalism is a mark of oppression on the part of the security operatives and the presidency by extension.

This is one of the many reasons why people like Jonathan is not the MESSIAH Nigeria craves for. With Jonathan as our president (god forbid), Nigeria is on a backward move to the dark days.

NO TO JONATHAN
NO TO PDP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Slams Nato Intervention In Libya / Which Nigerians inspire you the most? / Video: "i Did Not Betray Nigerians" Peter Esele Tuc President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.