Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? (8439 Views)

A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians / Saraki, Baraje Are Not Entitled To Guards – Police / Ex-governor Of Bayelsa,alamieyeseigha Could Be Entitled To Billions Of Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by ebankole: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
One thing i meditate on a daily basis is'HOW DO WE STOP POVERTY and REDUCE CRIME?

1-As a nigerian every citizen should be entitle to a monthly allowance ofcos out OIL money.

2 Education should be make compulsory out of this benefit.

3-Every Gov'ts at all level shuld be made to sign A performance agreement,and if fail shuld be expurge.

Any caught embezling our money shud be excuted.

Wat's ur say.?

5 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by ebankole: 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Pardon my rhetoric humdrum way of expression,be that as it may,Its vexes me whilst i ponder about my LG and see an ineffective presence and a daily basis 1billion 300m being embezzled one gov or the other.Hence my belief that evry citizen shud be entitle to a monthy benefit etc,with this we have less crime,ritulist,poor etcetera...and then take it from there

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by MrsChima(f): 2:10am On Nov 17, 2012
I agree! I think all Nigerians in Nigeria should get welfare...I mean monthly allowance. Maybe the hateraide would decrease. lipsrsealed

I understand though...I would be hating if I couldn't get free money! grin grin grin
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by odumchi: 3:43am On Nov 17, 2012
I think the purpose of any government is to empower the governed so that they can help themselves. Dashing out money defeats this purpose, and most of the time, breeds laziness and crime. Rather, the money should be implemented as a subsidy where and when it's needed.

Anyway, thread moved to politics.

4 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by bittyend(m): 3:56am On Nov 17, 2012
To implement something like that, the government would have to implement backbreaking taxes and I don't think Nigerians can afford that at the moment. The oil resources you have got can't even feed all the 160 million mouths in the country and the monies that should have been kept for building infrastructures are looted by the pot-bellied fat phuckers you call your elites. Your country is a hellhole created from the hottest part of hell, just nuke the God forsaken place and relocate the inhabitants to other parts of the world. My 2 pennies!

2 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by nifemi01(m): 8:50am On Nov 17, 2012
No be for this same naija, na the same way they looted the pension fund they go loot this one if they start am.

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2012
It's very necessary and can be done.

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by dondumex: 9:33am On Nov 17, 2012
The truth is that as now in Nigeria that can't be possible, because financially this country is going through a big storm. The government is still busy trying to remove the subsidy, Boko haram is on the other side causing trouble, masses are there complaining of no jobs. i believe that can be implemented but it will take time.
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:36am On Nov 17, 2012
I agree with ur option except no 1 option monthly allowance will our youths 2 be lazy, the lazy ones will refuse 2 work all they will do is 2 wait 4 monthly allowance they will useless cus a lazy man is a lazy man no matter how much is in his hand he will still useless de money
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Agiliti(m): 9:39am On Nov 17, 2012
awoof just dey hungry all of una...do you know the kind of lazyness + inflation that'll bring?
a country where anybody can apply for passport and drivers license, the population would just triple overnight
not to mention the cabal that'll siphon 50% before you even see it
then pastors would demand 10%
and the kidnappers'll take the rest

3 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Telthetruth(m): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2012
ebankole: Pardon my rhetoric humdrum way of expression,be that as it may,Its vexes me whilst i ponder about my LG and see an ineffective presence and a daily basis 1billion 300m being embezzled one gov or the other.Hence my belief that evry citizen shud be entitle to a monthy benefit etc,with this we have less crime,ritulist,poor etcetera...and then take it from there

You are right bro!

GEJ will be coming on board tomorrow on a media chart

i urge you to ask him same question
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by bolayei: 9:41am On Nov 17, 2012
ok o o, as much as people will not agree with my opinion but im entitlted to it anyways..,even if our governments stop corruption it wont work because we wont be able to pay our 160m ppl say if na 10naira per head it will be 1.6billion every month so lets look at the most reasonable low amount say 1k we are talking 160billion monthly so you see my brother its not he way. what nigerians need to do is challenge their local government officials where necessary
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by iamswizz(m): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2012
Those people wey go thief go thief... If you like give us 1 billion
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by caesaraba(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2012
If only that was a realistic option. C'mon! We are talking about Nigeria for Pete's sake! Maybe someday in the very distant future. Definitely not anytime soon mate.
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by GentleNaaz(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2012
If dy do am, na em b say some people go dy lazy naa. Instead let dm build roads, gv free educatn 2 all level, steady power n 2 bottles of beer 2 evry naija man

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by GentleNaaz(m): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2012
Imagn naija dy pay me #500,000 per month, guy i 4 don buy dat ur land within 3 years. Mara4kas, mk una no go plan una future wlela, wait 4 naija 2 bgn pay u

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Revolva(m): 10:01am On Nov 17, 2012
Agiliti: awoof just dey hungry all of una...do you know the kind of lazyness + inflation that'll bring?
a country where anybody can apply for passport and drivers license, the population would just triple overnight
not to mention the cabal that'll siphon 50% before you even see it
then pastors would demand 10%
and the kidnappers'll take the rest
What do you mean it will makes us lazy - or it will make us more productive and live good look nigeria is too rich to be poor if 10k is shared every months to every citizen with national I'd card change go remain self - its just that our leaders are bastards and evil and won't allow this

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by bigx(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2012
Monthly allowance for doing what? Or to do what? Its always been said right from time that "no food for lazy man', you're saying they should give people 10k per month, if you go out to construction sites and help them mould brick won't you make that or more? Or u'd rather chill in your house watching football and waiting for 10k to come, its a very flawed proposal.

Rather than give allowances, public healthcare (our hospitals and healthcentres), power, water and roads should be fixed with that money. When the Basic infrastructure is there, productivity would increase.

Anyone who's too physically and/or intellectually lazy at that time to make use of improved facilities can die and make space for more productive beings.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by pak: 10:09am On Nov 17, 2012
If they say Nigerian youths are lazy, you'll start to argue

Will giving a monthly allowance increase productivity/production ?

will it ensure good roads or quality education ?

Will it increase available accommodation or employment ?

Am not an economist but basic law points to more resources running after limited supply leading to more inflation.

What the average Nigerian needs is an opportunity for gainful employment and the chance to make something meaningful out of life.

if you are talking about sustenance for the elderly and less fortunate like the mentally/physically challenged then maybe I might agree
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Agiliti(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2012
Revolva:
What do you mean it will makes us lazy - or it will make us more productive and live good look nigeria is too rich to be poor if 10k is shared every months to every citizen with national I'd card change go remain self - its just that our leaders are bastards and evil and won't allow this
go and look at people on welfare in the US to understand what i'm talking about.
if you're going to be getting 10k a month for doing nothing, i know a bunch of people would simply move back to their villages and bum it out, rather than face the hustle and bustle of lagos
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by elbulk(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2012
even in advanced countries thre r conditions to meet 2 hav grants being a citizen is not gud enuf plus the ppl actively pay a lot on tax,also they hav an effective database system...we never find out abr processes jst d end result,little wonder Nigeria is whre it is...every1 only thinks money,of wat use is a monthly allowance without gud healthcare,access to education (which I dnr believe should b cheap bt scholarships and loans should b put in place like in oother countries),portable drinking water etc...if the amenities r in place with little or almost no money we will live quality lives...all we want is spending money...shallow and sad

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by bigx(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2012
And it won't reduce crime, crime is basically caused by the same factors, laziness and greed and wanting to live beyond your means.

Don't government officials that receive salaries in millions per month still steal?

Its a mindset thing.

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by koolguy88(m): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2012
for why should every Nigerian be entitled to monthly allowwi no food for lazy man ooooo. he wey no work, no go chop! QED grin grin grin
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 17, 2012
ebankole: One thing i meditate on a daily basis is'HOW DO WE STOP POVERTY and REDUCE CRIME?

1-As a nigerian every citizen should be entitle to a monthly allowance ofcos out OIL money.

3-Every Gov'ts at all level shuld be made to sign A performance agreement,and if fail shuld be expurge.

Wat's ur say.?
Please abeg, remove number one from the list. number one will make us far poorer!!!!
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2012
pak: If they say Nigerian youths are lazy, you'll start to argue

Will giving a monthly allowance increase productivity/production ?

will it ensure good roads or quality education ?

Will it increase available accommodation or employment ?

Am not an economist but basic law points to more resources running after limited supply leading to more inflation.

What the average Nigerian needs is an opportunity for gainful employment and the chance to make something meaningful out of life.

if you are talking about sustenance for the elderly and less fortunate like the mentally/physically challenged then maybe I might agree
bro, u just spoke my mind.
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by webizone(m): 10:36am On Nov 17, 2012
Here is one basic or fundamental formula:
resource transparency+ quality roads and infrastructure+ free education/internet access+ constant electricity

equals...

limitless Nigerians
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by akintun: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Jobless people should be given an allowance, but d allowance should not be all cash, and it should come with strict criteria's. One of d criteria can be dat d people cannot contest an election until after 3 years of accessing a government benefit. B4 dis is done, gov has to reduce waste in d system or better still use d fuel subsidy money to fund d benefit scheme. A separate a high risk productivity fund should be made available 4 entrepreneurs in order to increase d country productivity. I believe dis will increase consumer spending dat is badly needed in d country.

1 Like

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2012
U can wake up all night thinking about d ideal government... While u ar nt ideal... A people get d government they deserve. The people is IN the government...
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by BarryX(m): 10:43am On Nov 17, 2012
I intentionally don't want †̥ use "monthly allowance" †̥ descibe such a policy. I prefer it being called Social Welfare, I hear some pΞØpĿΞ saying it ȋ̝̊̅‎​ƨ̣̇ going †̥ make us lazy..n***ga plz , the so-called legislathieves W̶̲̥̅ﻉ have in the red A̶̲̥̅̊η∂ green Chamber sleeping their lifes out, Ɣøû think do more jobs than the average Nigerian. The welfare package if well implemented across all strata notwithstanding the Nigerian factor can go a long way infact it will bring out the enterprising DNA of the typical "reasonable" Naijaman

2 Likes

Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by Vincent41(m): 10:45am On Nov 17, 2012
ebankole: One thing i meditate on a daily basis is'HOW DO WE STOP POVERTY and REDUCE CRIME?

Wat's ur say.?

it can never hapen in Naija even if God comes down from heaven....Hate dis country
Re: Shouldn't Every Nigerian Be Entitled To A Monthly Allowance? by ebankole: 10:57am On Nov 17, 2012
With all being said i must say that i'm kind of stuck in between,but really,Nigeria problem's clearly peculiar hence the need i thought to limit the less percentage comsuming all be billions almost on daily basis.My point being,where do we start to from and witness sincere seriousnes on our
gov'ts part especially these invisible LG's.Until this generation is past?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says / PDP Lifts The Suspension Of Wamakko Sokoto State Governor / Tiv Seeks Independence From Nigeria, Writes United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.