Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:38 AM

Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle (8340 Views)

Power Generation Falls By 503MW, Workers Threaten Strike / Power Generation Falls To 2,970MW On Discos’ Demand / Electricity Generation Falls To 2,447MW From 4,129MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by COCKCROW: 9:07am On May 23, 2019
THIS A GREAT ACHIEVE BY BUHARI. SAI BUHARI IN 2023
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by COCKCROW: 9:07am On May 23, 2019
THIS A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT BY BUHARI. SAI BUHARI IN 2023
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Segunhife(m): 9:07am On May 23, 2019
Honestly in my own point of view we cannot expect a politician importing generators and we expecting there will be progress in the power sector. Just saying undecided
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by anonimi: 9:13am On May 23, 2019
mmsen:
I wasn't being partial. I used his name as an example. They are ALL trash.

Great feedback!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by anonimi: 9:14am On May 23, 2019
Segunhife:
Honestly in my own point of view we cannot expect a politician importing generators and we expecting there will be progress in the power sector. Just saying undecided

Is Buhari importing generators

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Segunhife(m): 9:16am On May 23, 2019
anonimi:

Is Buhari importing generators
I'm not talking of buhari in this case
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by AngelicBeing: 9:21am On May 23, 2019
anonimi:

Do you mean no show for their 20,000 Mw promised

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3492308_buhari20000mwelectricitypromise_jpegb3d308b82b0aaf0f68a6c50acecfbb5c
Yes, it is a government built on lies, if the foundation of an entity is faulty, what can people do grin

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by FactualSpeech: 9:25am On May 23, 2019
kurupt1:
Your getting it wrong.....the generation aspect of power is still government controlled while the distribution aspect is in private hands

Make your research. Generation and Distribution have been privatized even though BPE ob behalf of FGN has 40% stake in all the discos but only Transmission is 100% in the hands of FG.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by AngelicBeing: 9:26am On May 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by anonimi: 9:26am On May 23, 2019
Salebo:
OLODO RABATA!!!

PHCN has been....read it..P R I V A T I S E D....by your god GEJ.

GENCOs are not government business.

Help your brain so as to help your future generations.

What is this obsession with Jonathan by people who can't fulfil their promises of four years ago on which they were elected into office
A cover up for incompetence of the dullard?
How many of the countries that Nigerians are fleeing to and where bubu was called lifeless leader of shittyhole nation, have their electricity companies run by the government?
Blame blame is the game of the lazy ones.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3386584_img20160209151617_jpeged2361e0101fcbb510a35c3f0f40701e

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by seniwellsFX: 9:51am On May 23, 2019
tactius:
It is bad, but the fact is, fixing the problem needs cash, and lots of it.

If Nigerians and their government agencies, rich and poor pay their bills regularly, power might just improve.

If we want 24/7 power, we needs must pay for it.

Simple.

Revolution won't change the problem.
Another certified Apc worm spotted. Did Nigerians ever complain to you or any or your fellow urchins that they are unable or unwilling to pay for electricity? Nigerians currently pay for electricity they never used. The government should provide social services and Nigerians will be more than ready to pay for them. Stop being an idiot because you feed your family from crumbs, off, the table of Apc government
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Rolly22(m): 9:53am On May 23, 2019
tactius:

If Nigerians and their government agencies, rich and poor pay their bills regularly, power might just improve.

Simple.

Are you listening to yourself? Na your type make this country dey stagnant
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Nobody: 9:56am On May 23, 2019
seniwellsFX:
Another certified Apc worm spotted. Did Nigerians ever complain to you or any or your fellow urchins that they are unable or unwilling to pay for electricity? Nigerians currently pay for electricity they never used. The government should provide social services and Nigerians will be more than ready to pay for them. Stop being an idiot because you feed your family from crumbs, off, the table of Apc government

Thanks for calling me an idiot and a worm.

You need to know that all my views are the result of thinking that started when GEJ privatised power, a move I supported by the way.

Like I said, the issue is, money. You cannot force discos to charge below production cost of power and expect Gencos and discos to earn enough for improvement in facilities..

That's the problem.

Someone has said it would cost 4trillion naira to get up to 20000mw. Our budget is 9trillion. Do the math.

Good morning sir
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Nobody: 9:59am On May 23, 2019
Rolly22:

Are you listening to yourself? Na your type make this country dey stagnant

Well, how would revolution get us the 8trillion naira extra needed to get us up to 40000MW?

Answer me honestly?

I agree, APC and PDP need to go. We need real change. But a revolution won't solve the cash flow problem that is the main, not the only reason why power is struggling.

Sorry, but it is the truth. Truth is bitter
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Nobody: 10:21am On May 23, 2019
Six plants Idle doesnt mean six plants damaged or faulty. It means Stupid TCN/DISCOS are unable to handle what is being generated for effective distribution. The real problem we are having is these stupid Discos.........

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by chidi2pus(m): 10:48am On May 23, 2019
tactius:

The truth is Nigerians have to stop expecting everything to be free.

Take petroleum and power. If we ran both as the businesses they should be run, there would be an improvement in power.

But because prices would shoot up, leading to protests, no politicians would do that.

Atiku rightly proposed privatization of NNPC, then went on to propose increasing subsidy on fuel. The APC's inefficient subsidy regimen too is another issue.

Discos have to be run as businesses. Everyone must be metered. Prices have to go up to cover cost of generation. Profits mist be made and reinvested.

But no political person wants to lose power

Dear Sir, nobody expects anything for free
Do you agree that the cost of running petrol Gen is more expensive, stressful and environmentally detrimental?

Do you agree that Nigerians don't like Gen?
Do you agree that Gen is the most effective way to get power in offices, factories and homes?
Do you agree that Nigerians in diaspora always pay their power bills?

Why say Nigerians expect light for free?

Please reply
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Babawon1: 10:54am On May 23, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

There was an earlier thread on here that it fell to 2441MW remember?

PHCN took the light the moment I opened this thread angry

grin grin grin
our transformer don blow since 3 days now angry angry angry
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Nobody: 10:56am On May 23, 2019
chidi2pus:

Dear Sir, nobody expects anything for free
Do you agree that the cost of running petrol Gen is more expensive, stressful and environmentally detrimental?

Do you agree that Nigerians don't like Gen?
Do you agree that Gen is the most effective way to get power in offices, factories and homes?
Do you agree that Nigerians in diaspora always pay their power bills?

Why say Nigerians expect light for free?

Please reply

Because anytime I mention that DISCOS should charge above the production price of power, so that they can pay the GENCOS and stop rejecting power...and have enough cash to invest ….people abuse me.

Also, a lot of Nigerians don't pay for power. A lot of government agencies don't pay for power.

Thing is, you either run power as a business or you don't.

Take GSM. We paid N10000 and above for SIM....at a time when phone service was poor. But the companies took the money and paid for improvements...and prices went down.

We pay for power at prices lower than Ghana....and Ghana has light.

Let the DISOCS charge their price. Let them meter everyone...and power will improve.

I have talked my own. Good morning;.
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by WinkWrld: 10:57am On May 23, 2019
Sack Fashola
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by onyxo76(m): 10:57am On May 23, 2019
the power supply has been so horrible these days, i can't boast of up to 3hrs in 3 days since last week.
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by litaninja(m): 11:00am On May 23, 2019
LOL. see answers to points made
tactius:

Power has been privatised since 2014, long before Master Rocket Science took over.

All he can do now is

1.Negotiate for a long term loan to fix transmission
-The money would find its way to private pockets

2.Force discos to.meter everyone
- No government enforcement, so discos refuse in order to bill arbitrarily on purpose

3.Allow discos charge the prices they want to charge, and allow competition
- How do you charge for power that is not provided or metered?

Thanks to privatization, we are now the ones responsible for funding the power sector.

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Nobody: 11:04am On May 23, 2019
litaninja:
LOL. see answers to points made

1.Negotiate for a long term loan to fix transmission
-The money would find its way to private pockets
Because you Nigerians are lazy, you don't want to hold your politcians accountable, and you defend your favoured politician when caught.

2.Force discos to.meter everyone
- No government enforcement, so discos refuse in order to bill arbitrarily on purpose
MAP is happening here in the ABUJA disco. Plus....that's what government is supposed to do.

3.Allow discos charge the prices they want to charge, and allow competition
- How do you charge for power that is not provided or metered?
When the GSM companies came, and were charging 10000 and above for SIM...and service that was so poor that it was difficult to call between different providers at one point....yet we kept on paying...and the money was used to improve things.

Stop being cynical. If you want genuine change...run for office.If you want to change things...then learn to hold your government accountable. Democracy is hard work.

Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Salebo: 11:09am On May 23, 2019
anonimi:

What is this obsession with Jonathan by people who can't fulfil their promises of four years ago on which they were elected into office
A cover up for incompetence of the dullard?
How many of the countries that Nigerians are fleeing to and where bubu was called lifeless leader of shittyhole nation, have their electricity companies run by the government?
Blame blame is the game of the lazy ones.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3386584_img20160209151617_jpeged2361e0101fcbb510a35c3f0f40701e
LazyBrain!

Stop being deflective...You accused the present leadership for the power outages...

I am telling you that government has little to no blames...PHCN was privatised by the Drunken master from otueke aka my wife is also a thief aka I am the ineffective buffoon....
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Nobody: 11:12am On May 23, 2019
Salebo:
LazyBrain!

Stop being deflective...You accused the present leadership for the power outages...

I am telling you that government has little to no blames...PHCN was privatised by the Drunken master from otueke aka my wife is also a thief aka I am the ineffective buffoon....

Well, this current government could have done something...like get a long term loan to fix things.....

Privatization was a good idea. The problem is that the government is still controlling prices...which is what drove away international bidders from the disco bidding process under GEJ. Removing price controls...however...is not politically popular.
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by vioment: 11:23am On May 23, 2019
very pitiful
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Tianamen1: 11:39am On May 23, 2019
tactius:

Simple.

90 percent of american children go through public education. If the Nigerian government provided quality education as other governments do, Nigerians would be able to pay their electricity bills
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Nobody: 11:42am On May 23, 2019
Tianamen1:

90 percent of american children go through public education. If the Nigerian government provided quality education as other governments do, Nigerians would be able to pay their electricity bills

Because the Americans paytaxes at rates higher than Nigerians...(and earn more).

If we charged Nigerians at that tax rate....there would be riots.

Plus, Americans know who their local government leader and governor is. Nigerians only know who President is, but LG chairman...zero.
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Tianamen1: 11:49am On May 23, 2019
tactius:

Because the Americans paytaxes at rates higher than Nigerians...(and earn more).

If we charged Nigerians at that tax rate....there would be riots.

Plus, Americans know who their local government leader and governor is. Nigerians only know who President is, but LG chairman...zero.

Middle income parents in Nigeria spend more than 50 percent of their income in educating their children in quality schools, whereas the highest tax rate in America is about 33 percent. Nigerians still end up paying a larger percentage of their incomes towards education and healthcare.

Your comment about Americans knowing their leaders is patently false. An average american does not know the name of his/her previous governor not to talk of county chairperson.
Re: Electricity Generation Falls To 2,616MW, Six Plants Idle by Salebo: 11:56am On May 23, 2019
tactius:

Well, this current government could have done something...like get a long term loan to fix things.....

Privatization was a good idea. The problem is that the government is still controlling prices...which is what drove away international bidders from the disco bidding process under GEJ. Removing price controls...however...is not politically popular.

I have not read anything more ignorant all week..

You are OBTUSE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu: Despite Peaceful Environment, Abia Yet To Benefit From Oil Companies / 2023 Elections: Young Nigerians Push For Vice Presidential Seat / INEC Reacts To 'Another Planned Attack' On Facilities In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.