Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,406 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee (16385 Views)

Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man / Man Refuses To Come Out Of Grave Because His Money Not Fully Paid - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Ravon: 11:19am On May 23, 2019
Guinness Nigeria employees will begin to enjoy some of the best parental leave benefits in the country, with the business announcing a new policy that offers female employees 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and male employees 4 weeks paternity leave on full rate of pay.

The ambitious move is part of Guinness Nigeria’s leading work to support a fully inclusive and diverse workforce where barriers to career progression are removed and talent is retained and nurtured.

Speaking on this, Baker Magunda, Managing Director Guinness Nigeria Plc., said: “We are committed to our focus on inclusion and diversity, and this takes various forms – from supporting and empowering graduates and female leaders within the business to this parental leave policy change. We believe it is a truly forward-looking decision to accelerate our work inequality for employees and their families.”

The new policy also strengthens the support for parents as they return to work including the option of flexible, adaptable work arrangements and access to free independent counselling.

Speaking further, Bola Olajomi-Otubu, Human Resources Director Guinness Nigeria Plc., also noted “I’m delighted to see Guinness Nigeria making this move, and it is a pleasure to be a part of the team facilitating this change in the business. Parental leave gives both mothers and fathers the chance to spend quality time with their child in the important first months of life, creating a bond that will last a lifetime. Employers can reap the benefits too – flexibility in work is proven to create happier, more loyal and more productive workforces.”

Guinness Nigeria’s commitment to championing diversity and inclusion across its business is driven at the very highest level. The company exhibits diversity at most senior levels where women currently make up 30% of the Board and 45% of the executive leadership team. These efforts are supported by a range of dedicated employee networks such as the Guinness Nigeria Spirited Women’s network; creating opportunities for women not just within the business, but in the wider society. The company is proud to have received many ‘Great Place to Work’ Awards; most recent one being the 2018 ‘Great Place To Work’ Master Awards Hall of Fame.

Guinness Nigeria also has a Diversity Board, which is chaired by the Legal Director and Company Secretary, Rotimi Odusola, and sponsored by the Supply Chain Director Colman Hanna, alongside other members of the executive leadership team, providing the overarching vision, governance and target setting for diversity and inclusion across the business.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/05/23/guinness-nigeria-announces-fully-paid-26-week-parental-leave-for-female-employees/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by aleeyus(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2019
Useless company

maxlis097:
Other brands should emulate

emulate
cheating?

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Kobicove(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2019
I can understand the excitement concerning the paternity leave but what's the fuss concerning maternity leave? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Katier00(f): 11:47am On May 23, 2019
Na to start to born be dat

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by maxlis097(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2019
Other brands should emulate

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by lastmessenger: 11:47am On May 23, 2019
I want to work for Guinness. Who can link me up

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by MosakuAW(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2019
Long over due.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by mainman7(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2019
cool
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Richdad50(m): 11:49am On May 23, 2019
shocked

I celebrate mothers and fathers
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Jokerman(m): 11:50am On May 23, 2019
As a Christian, I can't work in an alcohol producing company

6 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by KingAzari: 11:51am On May 23, 2019
Women employment is such a liability and waste. Imagine staying off work for such a long period of time and getting paid for taking care of the consequences of an unprotected sex.

14 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by loudwave(m): 11:52am On May 23, 2019
Hanitana:
Yup
#HEY PRETTY @loudwave
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Generalwoodz(m): 11:53am On May 23, 2019
I am jobless..Any work please
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Jibwillz: 11:53am On May 23, 2019
Good move... If only other organizations will take a cue from Guinness and follow suit...
The kinda bill our senate should pass, but how can? when bunch of clueless bastards occupies the seat of decision making...

God airpus ooo

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Nobody: 11:54am On May 23, 2019
Jokerman:

Good for you...and I gave you a like.

Though the founder of Guiness...Arthur Guiness….was a devout Christian.

He founded the company back in the 18th century because the public water supply in the UK then was so bad...that alcohol was safer to drink than water.

Some of his descendants are still Christians by the way.

17 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by tompat86(m): 11:54am On May 23, 2019
Jokerman:
Hunger neva hook u for neck like bow-tie

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Jibwillz: 11:55am On May 23, 2019
KingAzari:
Women employment is such a liability and waste. Imagine staying off work for such a long period of time and getting paid for taking care of the consequences of an unprotected sex.
Thunder! are u busy

7 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Spechialone(f): 11:57am On May 23, 2019
Guinness, nice one... Wow! that's six months leave with pay

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Mintayo(m): 12:00pm On May 23, 2019
Saw it on LinkedIn, it is a nice development.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Kriely(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2019
Why will men be 4 and women 24?

Chimamanda’s daughters won’t like this!

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by FuckDaMods: 12:06pm On May 23, 2019
Watch those disgusting females misuse this opportunity and get pregnant every year.

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by FuckDaMods: 12:06pm On May 23, 2019
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Gerrard59(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2019
While this is good, it's one of the reasons why men earn more than women. Scenario: Two graduates (male & female) joined the firm and while working, the lady gave birth to four kids and enjoyed every maternal leave alloted to her. On the other hand, the man does not take up his paternity leave and continues to work, take up different responsibilities and undergo training. When the lady resumes, there is just no way both will be on the same level. The man would have surpassed her and become her senior thereby earning higher than her. Yet, the firm will be accused of paying them differently without the accusers asking how long both worked.

Yet another reason why the phrase "gender pay gap" is false and doesn't exist.

9 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Idrismusty97(m): 12:08pm On May 23, 2019
For their mind this is equality while in reality this is a lost to the company. Why won't they be less employability of women and men earning higher? It's common sense, Imagine you have a small startup firm not making profit and you still have to fully pay some employees for a month for nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Ways To Politely Shut Down A Conversation During Work Time / Origins Of Ten Common Professions / How You Are Killing Your Own Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.