Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,296 members, 7,829,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee (16396 Views)

Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / 'I Left My Last Job Because My Boss Put His Hands On A Female Employee' - Man / Man Refuses To Come Out Of Grave Because His Money Not Fully Paid - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by AntiWailer: 12:11pm On May 23, 2019
Now the bagas will stop employing females in that bracket
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by able20(m): 12:14pm On May 23, 2019
lastmessenger:
I want to work for Guinness. Who can link me up
Register a political party approach Apc that you will deliver 2 votes to dem by next election, they will link you to the Director human resources. This is Godswin Akpabio's formula.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by anonymous96: 12:19pm On May 23, 2019
From the comments I have been reading, one thing is clear, there are a lot of misogynistic men on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by BanevsJoker(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2019
Kriely:
Why will men be 4 and women 24?

Chimamanda’s daughters won’t like this!

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Emmanuel5453(m): 12:27pm On May 23, 2019
Parental leave gives both mothers and fathers the chance to spend quality time with their child in the important first months of life, creating a bond that will last a lifetime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by bukatyne(f): 12:28pm On May 23, 2019
Kobicove:
I can understand the excitement concerning the paternity leave bit what's the fuss concerning maternity leave? undecided

It has been increased from 12 weeks (3mths) to 26 weeks (6.5mths)
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by bukatyne(f): 12:28pm On May 23, 2019
Very good one from Guinness.

Hopefully, others would follow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Igweann979(f): 12:42pm On May 23, 2019
Noted
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by OkoroPeugeot(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2019
Who'd be doing the work?
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Delivar(m): 12:54pm On May 23, 2019
KingAzari:
Women employment is such a liability and waste. Imagine staying off work for such a long period of time and getting paid for taking care of the consequences of an unprotected sex.
Since they are the ones carrying baby then they deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by GeneralPula: 12:59pm On May 23, 2019
Jokerman:
As a Christian, I can't work in an alcohol producing company

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 23, 2019
as in eh.... if not for unprotected sex would a disappointment like u have existed?so because ur mum gave birth to u she shouldn't earn money to support the familiy?
KingAzari:
Women employment is such a liability and waste. Imagine staying off work for such a long period of time and getting paid for taking care of the consequences of an unprotected sex.

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 23, 2019
so called born again...
Jokerman:
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by megareal: 1:15pm On May 23, 2019
Very good development. A lot of women resign from good positions after they deliver simply because companies don't give them enough time to cater for their newborns. A mother will always choose the welfare of her baby above anything else, they take care of the home front but lose out on their dreams and aspirations. I know because it happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by ultron12345: 1:41pm On May 23, 2019
Rubbish

How can you pay someone for doing nothing for more than half a year. If their money is too much, they should add it to annual profit so investors can have greater returns.

The shareholders should vote against this wasteful move. If possible, the MD and head of HR should be sacked for such silly policy. Imagine, more than 6 months, God forbid.

This is why I prefer Indian, Chinese and Lebanese management.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On May 23, 2019
anonymous96:
From the comments I have been reading, one thing is clear, there are a lot of misogynistic men on nairaland

Where are they?
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by olabisiolaniyi3: 1:51pm On May 23, 2019
Jokerman:
may be you know more than Jesus that turned water to wine

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by blackboy(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2019
Ok, will they not now opt to employing more males than female applicants?
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 23, 2019
KingAzari:
You lack sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by DisGuy: 2:08pm On May 23, 2019
Very impressive!

The govt should also set some standard with parental leave duration
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 23, 2019
ultron12345:
Rubbish

How can you pay someone for doing nothing for more than half a year. If their money is too much, they should add it to annual profit so investors can have greater returns.

The shareholders should vote against this wasteful move. If possible, the MD and head of HR should be sacked for such silly policy. Imagine, more than 6 months, God forbid.

This is why I prefer Indian, Chinese and Lebanese management.
I guess you know more than the company's management. Why don't you write a petition to them demanding their initial decision on paternity leave be overturned.

1 Like

Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by naijacentric(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2019
Jokerman:
but u can use a mobile phone do you how dey made it hypocrite
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by naijacentric(m): 3:28pm On May 23, 2019
Jokerman:
but can use a mobile phone do you how dey made it hypocrite
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by Salmanazer12: 7:52pm On May 23, 2019
Next move: employ less women. Because, let's face it, they have a company to run and productivity is important.
Re: Guinness Nigeria Announces Fully Paid 26-week Parental Leave For Female Employee by cocolacec(m): 4:48am On May 24, 2019
KingAzari:
Women carry the burden for the men to bring forth the next generation.
If women stopped giving birth because of career, the human race will go into extinction.Sweden offers 1 yr maternity leave with 80% pay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... / Best Ways To Politely Shut Down A Conversation During Work Time / How You Are Killing Your Own Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.