Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn (10303 Views)

Shell Shuts-down Afam VI Power Plant And Gas Plant. / Seun,is Afam Still A Moderator? / Afam Onyema, Building A World-class Hospital In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2010
Nigerian builds biggest hospital in Brooklyn
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/26/599.html

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State has commissioned one of the biggest hospitals in Brooklyn built by a Nigerian, Dr Ifeanyi Obiakor.

Dr. Ifeanyi C. Obiakor

advertisement
He called on other Nigerians in Diaspora to think home and help in the development of the country.

A statement by Obi’s Special Adviser on Media, Val Obienyi, made available to Sunday Sun said the commissioning was part of his one-day visit to America as he accompanied President 890Goodluck Jonathan to the United Nations Session.

Obi who met with various investors in America while on the working visit according to Obienyi also turned the sword of the Sleep Centre under construction by the same Nigerian doctor, Ifeakor, an indigene of Anambra State.

According to him, on hand to help the governor was the Minister of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwuma and other dignitaries from Nigeria and America. Obi who was accompanied by his wife, Margaret, expressed surprise at the magnificence of the hospital and how well equipped it was.

He said he strived to attend the function because he felt delighted in seeing Nigerians especially Anambrarians do well in their various fields. “Already, he is building a hospital and university in Abuja, but I will subtly remind him to remember Anambra State especially. I am particularly proud that he has employed many Nigerian doctors as well as whites in the hospital.

“I am proud of him and as an evidence that he is not afraid of his roots, he named all his businesses in America, including the Hospital and pharmacy after Igbo names”, he said. The Minister of health commended Obiakor for his bold strides and told him that now was the time for him to partner with the Government.

The climax of the event was the inspection of the hospital and its many departments led by Obiakor.

He explained that the hospital started with the department of Gynecologist and Obstetrics before expanding to community Medicine, Pharmacy and other departments. He said that he was already talking with the New York State University for conversion into a health institute and highlighted the planned establishment of HIV training and management department.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by favouredjb(f): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2010
Such a laudable project,am impressed
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by seal777(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2010
Atleast he had nevr hold political appointments,this will teach them (political office holders) to help keep our  HARD EARNED FUNDS at home to help sustain our fragile economy.

He has tried his best, atleast some nigerians abroad are known for hard work and sacrifices for their nation while some are known for looting the treasury.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2010
The fact that he is building hospitals in Nigeria too and not just in New York is even more thrilling.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AloyEmeka5: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2010
Where did he get the money?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by MaziUche0(m): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Where did he get the money?

Shut up!

At least they are using the money wisely.

Health care in America is a growing business, due to the aging of the Baby Boomer Generation.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2010
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AloyEmeka5: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2010
MaziUche0:

Shut up!

At least they are using the money wisely.

Health care in America is a growing business, due to the aging of the Baby Boomer Generation.

So you don't care if he is into 419?. Building and running  a hospital in America is a multi million dollar empire especially in NY. Where did he get such funds?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by UyiIredia(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2010
commendable >>> but the nigerian diaspora must come help to join in the Nigerian struggle
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by MaziUche0(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So you don't care if he is into 419?. Building a hospital in America is a multi million dollar empire. Where did he get such funds?

Think for a change. They said he has investors who are financing this project as well. Angel investors are common in the West who will help finance some profitable ventures.

Plus, he is a businessman.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by MaziUche0(m): 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2010
Uyi Iredia:

commendable >>> but the nigerian diaspora must come help to join in the Nigerian struggle

Why should Nigerians in the diaspora come home to help, when Nigerians back home are not fighting for their rights?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AloyEmeka5: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2010
MaziUche0:

Think for a change. They said he has investors who are financing this project as well. Angel investors are common in the West who will help finance some profitable ventures.

Plus, he is a businessman.

I want to believe you but I am still trying so hard. Who are these angel investors?. Do they have Obasanjo and Peter Obi as directors?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2010
Folks from Netherlands are involved. Do some googling http://news.webshots.com/album/560448237EZREbq

Aloy+Emeka:

I want to believe you but I am still trying so hard. Who are these angel investors?. Do they have Obasanjo and Peter Obi as directors?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2010
100 Nigerian medical students to be trained annually in the USA - Dr. Ifeanyi C. Obiakor
http://naijanet.com/news/source/2010/sep/26/1001.html
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by sbeezy8: 3:20am On Sep 27, 2010
The biggest hospital in BROOKLYN- sounds nice eh?

Whats the hospitals name? anyone - What is the name?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 27, 2010
Finally Bk.Babe has one to check into tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Sep 27, 2010
Kudos to this man
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 3:36am On Sep 27, 2010
sbeezy8:

The biggest hospital in BROOKLYN- sounds nice eh?

Whats the hospitals name? anyone - What is the name?

Google is the answer. Adire fun fun

Ifeanyi C. Obiakor, MD, Chairman/CEO, experience and background

MD, Chairman & CEO

Dr. Ifeanyi C. Obiakor

* President American Hospital Ltd., 5205 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, 2005 - present

* Chairman/CEO, AFAM Comprehensive Healthcare Medical Group, 5205 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, June 2000 - present

* President/CEO, Private Practice, 1854 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY, July 1992 - present

* Attending Physician, New York Methodist Hospital (Affiliation of Cornell Hospital of N.Y.), April 1999 - present

* Attending Physician, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology Brooklyn Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Oct 1996 - present

* Staff Attending Physician, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, St Mary's Hospital, 170 Buffalo Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11213, Oct 1996 - June 1999

* Board certification OB/GYN, Private Practice, 1854 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11225, July 1992 - Dec 1992

* Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, July 1990 - June 1992

* Residency in Obstetrics & Gynecology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, June 1987 - June 1990

* Intership in Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Missouri (Truman Medical Center), Kansas City, MO, July 1986 - June 1987

* Emergency Room Physician, MECA Medical Inc, Spectrum Emergency Care, St. Louis, MO, July 1985 - June 1986

Education

* Internship: Internal Medicine, St. Louis University Group of Hospitals, St. Louis, MO, July 1984 - June 1985

* M.D., St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 1980 - 1984

* B.S. Biology, Roosevelt University, Chicago, Illinois, 1977 - 1980

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by sbeezy8: 3:41am On Sep 27, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Google is the answer. Adire fun fun

I tried it didnt say it. The American news didnt report it either- why is that? Its suppose to be the biggest hospital in brooklyn and probably the most current one built.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by sbeezy8: 3:43am On Sep 27, 2010
The hospital name?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by sbeezy8: 4:12am On Sep 27, 2010
so no one knows the name of the biggest and newest hospital in bk? where is bbky when you need him?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by tpiah: 4:24am On Sep 27, 2010
might be american hospital though i'm finding it hard to understand what the hullabaloo is about.

maybe the 3 month clinical rotations for medical students from nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by AkinEgba: 4:29am On Sep 27, 2010
http://www.afammedical.com/
The publicity it gets depends on what press was invited since it is a private hospital. Apparently the man preffered that it be commissioned by Nigeria, hence his state gov and the Federal minister of health were there to do that.
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by bkbabe97y(m): 5:31am On Sep 27, 2010
sbeezy8:

so no one knows the name of the biggest and newest hospital in bk? where is bbky when you need him?

Lol. I was actually reading this shiyyt but decided not to comment. Everything Ibo is always "the biggest". . . . . If he built the "Biggest" hospital in Brooklyn (which, judging from the pics IT MOST CERTAINLY AINT) what do we call Hospitals like Cumberland, Hull and Kings County? These Ibo folks. . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by bkbabe97y(m): 5:35am On Sep 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Finally Bk.Babe has one to check into tongue tongue tongue

Lol. hahahahaha. I hear they offering fake-bootie implants (a la Nikky Minaj); so maybe u can get ur "flat-as-ironing-board" behind filled out to proportion as ur "front". . . . what u think?
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 27, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Lol. hahahahaha. I hear they offering fake-bootie implants (a la Nikky Minaj); so maybe u can get your "flat-as-ironing-board" behind filled out to proportion as your "front". . . . what u think?

I'd have to decline. . . my bo obs and my azz are presently proportional. . . . now if na implants to help with your biological cigarette, that one na another story
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by bkbabe97y(m): 5:45am On Sep 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'd have to decline. . . my bo obs and my azz are presently proportional. . . . now if na implants to help with your biological cigarette, that one na another story

Gal, Ive seen ur bootie and even Eva Pigford is stacking more than u. . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 27, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Gal, Ive seen your bootie and even Eva Pigford is stacking more than u. . . . . .
You sure? Because even Jlo wishes she had this azz,
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by bkbabe97y(m): 6:03am On Sep 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You sure? Because even Jlo wishes she had this azz,
. . . . yeah, if she was smoking a mix of Crack, Sherm and crystal Meth!
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 27, 2010
lol
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by bkbabe97y(m): 6:10am On Sep 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

lol

Hey, its ok. . . . u got a flat bootie u got a flat bootie; folks like PlatinumNk got it worse believe me. So, dont go thinking cus even white and chinese gals got more back than you that thats the end of the world
Re: Nigerian Builds Biggest Hospital (AFAM CLINICS) In Brooklyn by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 27, 2010
lmao! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million / Fayemi Hands Over Mineral Support Center To Governor Tambuwal (Photos) / Court Affirms Kashamu As Ogun PDP Gov Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.