Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) (16888 Views)

Bola Tinubu Attends Jumaat Prayers At Aso Villa Mosque. / President Buhari Attends Wedding Luncheon Of His Son, Yusuf (Photos) / President buhari attends Juma'at prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by daddytime(m): 4:10am On May 25, 2019
Causing the poor masses to go through such a harrowing nightmare of a traffic. The entire Abuja metropolis was on shut down.

The poor taxi man I hired wouldn't allow me think about my life proper with his constant Lamentations of how the amount we had agreed had been rendered worthless to him because he had to take a longer route as the normal routes were blocked to traffic because the president would be doing a drive-by,and how the country was a hell-hole for the poor masses.

He went on and on and on with Intermittent hissings in between.

I was in his car and could see all he was groaning about,including what the poor masses are faced with on a daily due to massive rapings by successive governments of our collective Commonwealth.

Now, I'm a very simple easy going dude. I enjoy getting around town by public commute (Keke napep,okada,El rufai buses, cabs etc)

These usually affords me the time to understand what goes on in the head and lives of majority of the masses. They often air their views on the State of the nation and how things generally sit with them.

I can get chatty too sometimes and would usually be the one to stir up the conversation cynically with my usual jokes,and boy..do I benefit from these my interactions and mode of getting around town?

Yes, I would say because, My personal life experience and that of those I cummute with,aren't much different anyways and I am often humble and patient enough to listen to their point of views which are what mould my comments here most of the time .

Back to my frustrated cabbie and i's gist.

He went on and on and ofcourse his ramblings were justified because I was faced with it too just as everyone else.

And the moment came when I blurted out amidst genuine sobs with tears rolling down my face (I get pretty emotional when I think about my life and issues around. I am emotional already as I'm writing this) because all the while he had been lamenting,and from when I singled him out to patronise right in front of the NNPC towers, I had my head down thinking about my life and how I had literally taken it in my palms and dared that which most Nigerian youths can only dream about. (This fact was made obvious from how my action the night before had been received because the occasion and venue had been, National Youth Entrepreneural and Empowerment Summit.

Now, I had zero knowledge of this summit which I was sure had been planned for a long time as one of the activities leading up to the Presidential inauguration and was for youths Nationwide because there wasn't enough publicity obviously.

I had logged on to nairaland as was usual to vent and let off steam, and while browsing through I had seen a topic about the event. I immediately left a comment for the op that I'd love to attend, we had done a back and forth,he provided me with the itineraries and we agreed to meet up there in two days time when the three-day seminar kicks off.

On the next day which was a day before the opening day for the summit, the op of the thread here who had become my friend had done me a WhatsApp message to say he wasn't going to be attending no more. I said okay.

I had attended the first and second days of the summit, had a blast of a time while networking vigorously like no man's business and also shaking my head at most of the youths whose sole purpose for attending the event was for photo op sessions or to fight over mass-produced tasteless meals.

The third and the final day was to be highlighted by the VP of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbanjo who'd be presenting cheques to winners from the business pitching competition of the event and to draw a curtain on a three-day event that had been truly event-filled.

Back to my grumpy cabbie and I.

I said sir ...(with tears streaming down my eyes. It always does Everytime I think about my life, the life of the ordinary Nigerians, how I had to put my life on the line 20 years ago when I decided to take my life and my family's life in my hand to save from perishing in penury and thus volunteerd myself ignorantly at just 20-21 years of age to be the sacrificial lamb for my parents, siblings and extended family by venturing into the desert plains of Africa on a walk to Europe in search of the proverbial greener pastures, a decision that had impacted my life in no small measure till this day 20 years after.

As I lay to type this, I suffer serious knee pains and I tell people, I might be in my early 40s but I stand and walk on a knee and body of an 80 year old.

The cabbie was pleasantly shocked at this point when I had raised my head up with tears streaming down my face and my voice shaking from hurt and anger ..I told him...

Sir..."you see these my two knees (both knees were truly aching me at that point) the knee Don finish. Na these two legs I take waka, suffer go Europe 20 years ago because of these our yeye leaders and na still the same story 20 years later when I don come back.

So you mean say my country no go ever change because I no get any other country o. My papa suffer, me suffer, must my children also suffer? "

Baba was looking at me with his mouth agape.."you mean say you travel to Europe through desert?"..

I reached into my bag and brought out my book "finding Europe through Africa's deserts and seas: a story of perils, triumphs and karma a k.a The irregular migrant and told him I had done the book to tell my story and educate the youths.

I told him baba " shebi you know say VP dey one event for ICC yesterday night? He had answered in the affirmative,I said okay.

"Na these issues pain me for body and heart sotey I carry placard beat the VP tight security climb the podium wey the VP wan come give him speech, begin tell am things wey dey pain me for body"...

Baba was like...you?
I said yes na...me I no Sabi fear na only respect I Sabi. (One of the effects/benefits of my life struggles through the desert).

I don siddon with death, we dey reason together dey share ideas. Mtcheeewww

After what seemed like an eternity, baba had finally arrived banex plaza wuse 2 and I sighted a zenith bank ATM..

I jejely use my palm wipe my face, straighten up like strong man wey i be tell baba, oya drop me make I withdraw money. I gave baba his fare and tipped him generously as I always do.

I was headed to the ATM to withdraw some cash I had been blessed with at the event by one of the resource people that was invited to teach (Ubong King) you can look him up on FB Twitter or Instagram. A wonderful man and a natural born motivator whom I've decided to take as my mentor.

He gave me a challenge/task to set up a blog with the funds he gave me and embark on a 365-day writing binge about my life and story.

So guys, I'm gonna take up that challenge and write 'away' my story.

Follow me and keep an eye out for when I start.

Peace guys. keep believing..

My name na Peterson Ojieson (the waka man) na me be the boy wey use leg waka go Europe without bia bia for face but come back with white bia bia ..

I salute una
grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by ablelin: 4:11am On May 25, 2019
Good for him...

Do you want to learn to get motivated, learn about skills and strategies in business or academics, or you want to learn from the likes of Lee Yuan Kew, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Thomas Sankara, Robert Kiyosaki, you need counseling and guidance to success in life, or you want to take an introvert or IQ test, then visit here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by enemyofprogress: 5:20am On May 25, 2019
Most of them just dey do eye service for am,for inside na course dem dey course am
Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by RexTramadol1: 7:27am On May 25, 2019
sojunu handshake for gbajabiamila
Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by Aidejay(m): 8:32am On May 25, 2019
Na only prayer this man sabi attend?
Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by Indomie001: 8:53am On May 25, 2019
Wow ! Really don't know that Femi Gbajabiamila is a Muslim sef.
Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by yusufmurry: 10:28am On May 25, 2019
Pray Allah guide & lead you.

Meanwhile, I have Tecno Camon CM Phone for sale.
Spec: 2GB RAM; 16GB ROM; 3000mAh Battery; 13MP Camera (Front Camera na die for selfie even for night)

Phone is in neat and tight.
Call/WhatsApp: 08161255989

Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by Nobody: 11:02am On May 25, 2019
uyplus:
Is this all he does? Attend prayers and flies around with airplanes? He promised to sell of those aircrafts, but till date, not a single one has been sold. Buhari. Sorry for Nigeria
You never see anything
You & your likes go wail till compound gullibility, illiteracy & poverty finish you off.. because progressive n sanity have come to stay
Cheers grin

Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by BiafraIsFree: 2:18pm On May 25, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
You are terrorist.

Let me know the level of your stupidity by differentiating below.

Re: President Buhari Attends Special Inauguration Jumaat Prayers In Abuja(photos) by Alejobs: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
What can we do without reliable power really? We don't deserve this heat!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In: FG Declares June 12 Public Holiday / Abiodun Hands Over 55 Vehicles, 200 Bullet Proofs Vests, Helmets To IGP / Yar'adua Or Dagrin's Death: Which Pained You More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.