Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says (14910 Views)

Buhari Endorses Dapo Abiodun As Ogun Governor, Amosun's Thugs Kick / Governor Amosun And His Loyalists To Dump APC / Governor Amosun Declares Intention To Run For Senate In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Abdulazeez99: 6:09am On May 25, 2019
The out-going governor of Ogun State, Ibikunle Amosun says that Gbenga Daniel, his predecessor, handed over ‘a failed state’ to him in 2011, Igbere Tv reports.

He alleged that Gbenga Daniel handed over a state that was characterised by poor economy, deplorable infrastructure and insecurity, which prevented investors from investing in the state.

Amosun, who was represented by Taiwo Adeoluwa, secretary to the state government, spoke at a press conference to launch Ogun State Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. He said unlike him, Dapo Abiodun, governor-elect of the state, will inherit an economically viable state.

He mentioned some of the achievements of his administration to include increasing the internally generated revenue (IGR) of the state and improving the ease of doing business in the state.

He said; “When we came in 2011, Ogun State appeared to have failed as a State. Investors were running away from the State because of the high level of insecurity in the State but today, the State is ranked 4th on the list of State with the ease of doing business.

As at the last count, our activities as a government has attracted 473 mega companies which some investing as much as N2billion. Not only that, we took the IGR of the State from the paltry sum of N700million to N7billion per month. But we are not relenting on all these achievements.

We know we have been very successful, but we need to consolidate on the success we have achieved and that is why we are establishing this agency." Igbere Tv reports.

Amosun will return to the senate after winning his bid to represent Ogun central senatorial district.

Source; http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/24/gbenga-daniel-left-ogun-failed-state-says-amosun

4 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by delectablegyal(f): 6:14am On May 25, 2019
politics is plenty money. he is leaving there going into the senate to make more money. no wonder they don't wanna leave active politics.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Davash222(m): 6:21am On May 25, 2019
Nigeria Politicians are all the same. They always complain of meeting empty treasure but go and check what they acquired during those 'empty treasure' years.

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by MichaelBukamzy(m): 6:30am On May 25, 2019
Do you all always have to complain? do your best with the little you met and watch people rate your performance.You all complain of empty purse but grow fatter and richer before your tenure runs out.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by GrowYourSales(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2019
So are you planning to leave an empty treasury tongue

Do you need real sales to your business? Check my signature
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by internationalman(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2019
The governor just somehow sounds like an honest man to me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Amuocha: 6:40am On May 25, 2019
Daniel sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Derinhenz: 6:40am On May 25, 2019
Truth be told.

I agree with Amosu on this.

Gbenga Daniels COMPLETELY wrecked Ogun state.

That's the worst Governor on this planet

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by shuttox: 6:41am On May 25, 2019
Why telling us now??

Gbenga D messed up

2 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by israelmao(m): 6:41am On May 25, 2019
Buhari said so too.Blamers are weak leaders.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by GeneralPula: 6:41am On May 25, 2019
Very true.. OGD did nothing for the whole 8 years. Absolute nothing!

13 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by AmiJoy(f): 6:43am On May 25, 2019
Best governor ogun state has ever had....... God bless u

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by GeneralPula: 6:43am On May 25, 2019
internationalman:
The governor just somehow sounds like an honest man to me.

He really tried more than OGD

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:45am On May 25, 2019
You mean a failed state that got you paid in millions as a Governor

6 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Craigslists: 6:45am On May 25, 2019
Lol

The famous lame excuse for looting and embezzling public funds.

Shame no dey catch una.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Nobody: 6:46am On May 25, 2019

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by pat077: 6:47am On May 25, 2019
I don't think he knows what a failed state is

2 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by nepapole(m): 6:48am On May 25, 2019
HungerGOOD:
Nairaland HELP ME!!!. It hurts... cry
HungerGood!
cry
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by jaxxy(m): 6:49am On May 25, 2019
Derinhenz:
Truth be told.

I agree with Amosu on this.

Gbenga Daniels COMPLETELY wrecked Ogun state.

That's the worst Governor on this planet

I felt so too bt are we ever objective in our opinions of our leaders in this country? How do we even score them and hold them accountable.
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Economy1: 6:50am On May 25, 2019
Sir, don't be a bad carpenter, don't blame your tolls, a failed state, more reason you're elected.
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by zoedew: 6:53am On May 25, 2019
Proud and haughty felow!
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by zoedew: 6:54am On May 25, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
I don't knw why I dislike this guy, he is the worst governor in the whole world embarassed

He lacks humility!
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Hotzone(m): 6:56am On May 25, 2019
Please, tell Imo incoming governor Emeka Ihedioha not to sing this type of song!

1 Like

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Mandesz(m): 6:57am On May 25, 2019
Nigeria herself is a failed state, we are looking for a repair. if u were honourable enough u should av resigned. but now u are a failure!
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by sammirano: 6:58am On May 25, 2019
True
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by Nobody: 7:06am On May 25, 2019
Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by AgbariOjukwu1: 7:09am On May 25, 2019
Amosun is right.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says by salford1: 7:11am On May 25, 2019
This dude spent 8 years with nothing to show for it except unmotorable uncompleted bridges littered all over the state. Most useless governor since the creation of Ogun state. He makes mediocre governors like OGD and Osoba look like geniuses.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu: Panel Demands Politicians’ Files From 2015 / Femi Adesina Meets With Wole Soyinka At The State House (photos) / FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.