Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,855 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor (4085 Views)

FRSC Rescues Man Whose Car Was On Fire In Lagos This Morning / Army Rescues 95 People, Nabbed Two Boko Haram Leaders (pics) / Nigerian Army Kills Boko Haram Members, Rescues 210 Hostages (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by mbulela: 8:26am On Sep 27, 2010
BY JETHRO IBILEKE
September 26, 2010 11:33PM
print  email   

The proprietor of Mount Gilead Hospital, Benin City, Caleb Igbinehin yesterday cheated a five-man gang of kidnappers, as he was miraculously rescued just 30 minutes after he was kidnapped in the city.

The consultant family physician, who operates one of the leading private hospitals in Edo State, explained that he was at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses at Odiase Street, off Benin Technical School Road, at about 9am, where he served as the chairman of the first service, a Public Talk, when the drama started.

Mr Igbinehin said that after the opening song and prayer, he introduced the speaker and stepped down from the podium, only for him to be accosted by an armed man waving with a rifle, who asked him to move out of the prayer hall.

“Knowing what was happening, I maintained my composure and simply complied with this abductor’s order. He then handed me to another man armed with a pistol, who then commanded me to climb a waiting motorcycle outside the Kingdom Hall,” Mr Igbinehin said.

The doctor said that his captors then sandwiched him between two of their members, while the other three rode on another motorcycle and sped off through Ubgowo-Lagos Road to Oluku, where they diverted to Benin-Akure road.

“The moment we came out to the major road, I was surprised to see some people shouting, ‘look at them, look at them.’ But the men zoomed off with me,” he said.

However, luck was on his side, as the kidnappers were pursued and the medical practitioner rescued at Oluku.

Bold driver

Isaac Opuama, the driver of the doctor, who facilitated the rescue of his boss, told the rest of the story:

“I was with my director in the Kingdom Hall when they were taking him away. I jumped into my KIA jeep and drove after them. I went through the major road and caught up with the other three kidnappers on the same motorcycle at Ugbowo-Lagos Road by Iguomorhe. I then hit them several times with the jeep from behind. They then fell into a ditch. One of the kidnappers was caught with two guns by some men who were nearby, while the other two escaped.

“I then ran after the other gang member, who carried my director. I met up with them at Oluku. To ensure that my director is not injured, I brushed the motorcycle by the side, after which they stopped and asked my director to disembark and ran away and I brought my director back to the town.” When NEXT visited the hospital, all the workers were in a celebratory mood, drinking, and dancing. The ecstatic doctor could not hide his joy, as he was full of praises, thanking God for his miraculous rescue from his abductors.

He also called on security agencies and the media to help bring an end to the cases of kidnapping in the state.

Mr Igbinehin declined to have his picture taken, citing security reasons.

The acting police spokesman, Awhara Ejiroro, said he has not been officially briefed. But as at the time of filing this report, the arrested kidnapper was in police custody at the BDPA Estate Police Station.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5623621-146/brave_driver_rescues_kidnapped_doctor_.csp
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by slap1(m): 8:43am On Sep 27, 2010
Amateur kidnappers, rotfl!
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by otokx(m): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2010
This is quite cool
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by DECOtech(m): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2010
slap1:

you r right. but its still a miracle.
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by sizzlers(m): 11:45am On Sep 27, 2010
This driver guy must be GETLI OR COMMANDO may be learn TAKWANDO or may be the KIDNAPPERS WERE AMATURE undecided
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by sizzlers(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2010
DECOtech:

you r right. but its still a miracle.
Its not miracle if you no TAKWANDO
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2010
that director must be a great boss if his subordinates can stick their necks into the line of fire for him smiley
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by enomakos(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2010
good moves man
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by blinx4real(m): 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2010
I'm really surprised at the responses from posters, or am I getting it wrong?
What do you mean by amateur kidnappers, is there any school where that is taught?
Is there any criminal institution where you get trained to be a professional criminal, Crime is perpetrated by members of the society who take advantage of the laspes in security and opprotunity of being able to get away to do so.
Infact, many of us live with individuals with dubious character and we do nothing about it, thats why these evils continue. It is a big pity for our society, when instead of applauding those who go out of their way to stand for right we keep looking for excuses for these evils to continue, SHAME
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by blinx4real(m): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2010
oyb:

that director must be a great boss if his subordinates can stick their necks into the line of fire for him smiley
Why does he have to be a good boss, for you to resist his kidnap?
are you saying you will support your bosses' kidnapped, if he wasn't good to you?
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2010
blinx4real:

Why does he have to be a good boss, for you to resist his kidnap?
are you saying you will support your bosses' kidnapped, if he wasn't good to you?

you really are a slow thinker is all i can say.

more intelligent minds can grasp what i am getting at - it is a good boss whose employees will be inspired to face gun weilding armed robbers to protect. perhaps you should read up on emotional bank accounts in the 7 habits

or you think letters of employment include 'you will be responsible for the personal security of the md'?
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by kaycee0604(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2010
The driver am sure will be one of this
1 OPC
2 Egbesu
3 Bakassi
or the guy get original AYETA
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by 1102(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2010
BENIN

THE PLACE WHERE BAD THINGS HAPPEN IN BROAD DAY LITE!
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Pennywise(m): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2010
What happened to the one that was captured?
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by kcreal(f): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
Quote slap 1

yeah, the professionals are in Enyimba city. (Aba)
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by udokpuenyi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
BRAVO DRIVER,

AMATEUR OR NOT, COURAGE CAN WITHSTAND BARREL OF GUNS

THE DRIVER NEED A PAT ON HIS BACK
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2010
very impressive,i agree that the boss must a really great man his employee to stick 'em neck out for him like that. after all driver is different from bodyguard.
but i really applause the driver guy.
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by oludashmi(f): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2010
blinx4real:

What do you mean by amateur kidnappers, is there any school where that is taught?

Is there any criminal institution where you get trained to be a professional criminal, Crime is perpetrated by members of the society who take advantage of the laspes in security and opprotunity of being able to get away to do so.
Infact, many of us live with individuals with dubious character and we do nothing about it, thats why these evils continue. It is a big pity for our society, when instead of applauding those who go out of their way to stand for right we keep looking for excuses for these evils to continue,  SHAME

You brought that out of my mouth.
You are very right!
Bravo to the driver.

Pennywise:

What happened to the one that was captured?
Are you alright? You expect someone to read for you or what?
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by okeymadu(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2010
That car he used must be bullet proof. This explains why he ran after them,
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Pennywise(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2010
oludashmi:

Are you alright? You expect someone to read for you or what?[/color]

Some of us dont actually read. We just scan. I guess I was scanning for where captured kidnapper was stripped, beaten and finally killed by mob. Thanks anyway.
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by HNIC(m): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2010
oyb:

you really are a slow thinker is all i can say.

more intelligent minds can grasp what i am getting at - it is a good boss whose employees will be inspired to face gun weilding armed robbers to protect. perhaps you should read up on emotional bank accounts in the 7 habits

or you think letters of employment include 'you will be responsible for the personal security of the md'?
grin grin grin
That was harsh!
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by oludashmi(f): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2010
Pennywise:

Some of us dont actually read. We just scan. I guess I was scanning for where captured kidnapper was stripped, beaten and finally killed by mob. Thanks anyway.
Alright, take care but that is a bad habit, try read everything readable, it is good for the mind. cool
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by slap1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2010
okeymadu:

That car he used must be bullet proof. This explains why he ran after them,
Or they were carrying empty guns. . .
kcreal:

Quote slap 1

yeah, the professionals are in Enyimba city. (Aba)

Yep! The Untouchables.
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by snowdrops(m): 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2010
Medical doctors are now endangered species in the world of the kidnappers.
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by GBT(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2010
Miracles yes and kudos should be given to the driver who risked his life to free his boss!
How many drivers can do this for there bosses or beter still how many bosses think that there driver will risk his life for them?
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by TMoni1(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2010
Little thing we need to do for our fellow nigerians.

Amateous kidnappers or not, we would have save a lot of life if we could just watch out for our friends, neighbours and even strangers.

God bless you 'MR DRIVER'
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Belewu: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2010
People can be really daft at times. Why make spurious assumptions is you do not know these people? I personally know the people involved and i can say these for a fact.

1. The driver is not in any cult
2. The car has no bullet proof
3. The medical doctor is an extremely nice person

This is just a case of a brave driver rescuing his boss, probably due to the good relationship between them. Moral of the story, be nice to everyone, even the less privileged. You never know whose help y need.
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2010
I see.
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Mobinga: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2010
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2010
Belewu:

People can be really daft at times. Why make spurious assumptions is you do not know these people? I personally know the people involved and i can say these for a fact.

1. The driver is not in any cult
2. The car has no bullet proof
3. The medical doctor is an extremely nice person

This is just a case of a brave driver rescuing his boss, probably due to the good relationship between them. Moral of the story, be nice to everyone, even the less privileged. You never know whose help y need.

Word
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by adaphik(f): 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2010
blinx4real:

Infact, many of us live with individuals with dubious character and we do nothing about it, thats why these evils continue. It is a big pity for our society, when instead of applauding those who go out of their way to stand for right we keep looking for excuses for these evils to continue, SHAME
THANK YOU
Re: Brave Driver Rescues Kidnapped Doctor by Mobinga: 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2010
Hehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unites States And EU Warn Jonathan. / Breaking News: INEC Card Readers Expose Electoral Fraud In Akwa-ibom / Breaking: Niger Delta Avengers Destroy's Chevron Amidst 100 Gunboats And 4 War Ships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.