Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC (19386 Views)

Miyetti Allah Kicks As Fulani Radio Attracts More Reactions / Fulani Radio Station: Validation Of Obasanjo's Fulanization Claim - CAN / On The Fulani Radio White Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Nobody: 10:16am On May 26, 2019
iwaeda:

NEWS

Fulani radio to educate herdsmen, fishermen, farmers, hunters — NBC

Published

Tobi Aworinde

The National Broadcasting Commission has said the proposed Fulani radio station will broadcast “purely educational,” programmes designed to cater for the interest of itinerant fishermen, herders, hunters and farmers.

It also called on all broadcasting stations to exercise restraint in the treatment of sensitive issues that could threaten the unity and stability of Nigeria.

The commission, in response to criticism of the planned radio station by Federal Government to reach Fulani herdsmen, urged broadcasting stations to be professional and take guidance from the Nigeria Broadcasting Code, at all times.

The NBC, in a statement on Saturday, reminded all broadcasters to be mindful of their social responsibility to promote the well-being and peaceful co-existence of the various groups in Nigeria in keeping with the objectives of broadcasting in Nigeria.

It stated, “The commission is reacting to the media controversy over the license granted to the National Commission for Nomadic Education for the establishment of a radio station to operate on the AM band.

“The National Commission for Nomadic Education duly applied for broadcast license in furtherance of its objectives to develop and maintain nomadic education outreach programmes, including electronically mediated ones.

“The letter of provisional approval dated September 28, 2018, was issued to the National Commission for Nomadic Education. The duration of the license is from October 8, 2018 to October 8, 2023.”

The NBC noted that the station’s programmes, which it describes as “purely educational,” were designed to cater for the interest of migrant fishermen, herders, hunters, farmers, and migrants.

It added, “Consequently, it is a misrepresentation for any person or organisation to imply that the licensed station was just for a particular group.

“The commission wishes to state that similar educational broadcast licences were issued to institutions of higher learning and other governmental institutions with comparable needs, such as the Armed Forces of Nigeria, the Federal Road safety Commission, and related institutions.
https://punchng.com/fulani-radio-to-educate-herdsmen-fishermen-farmers-hunters-nbc/amp

check the name, when North plan evil they use Yoruba to make Nigerian to believe is not evil check the name(Tobi Aworinde)
Nigerian government now plan a radio station for migrant, the same migrant that come to kill your citizen is the one your setting up radio station to educate. your citizen don't have land to farm and your promoting radio education for more land grabber migrant. is interesting to know that Nigeria government now includes fishermen and hunters in the budget for first time and that budget is radio Fulani's education scheme. where are those that call Nnamdi kanu names, all his words is coming to accomplish day by day. he is a man who saw the agenda's of the norths towards Nigerian's. where are those ask who authorize him Nnamdi kanu to speak on behalf of Igbo's or others tribe. the time have come for the authorize people to speak yet we din't hear their voice. the Yoruba's are the once the Norths will use to digest the radio Fulani's in the hearts of Nigerians to believe that the mission for establishment of the radio station is genius. watch out the next Yoruba Muslim action.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Akposkool(m): 10:17am On May 26, 2019
That radio is not a good idea
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by SouthSouth1914: 10:18am On May 26, 2019
bigeliot:
I know d reason y dis country is like dis. Nobody is holding d govt accountable for their actions. Internet youth wil come here and rant without any action taken. U support leaders based on sentiments instead of wat they have to offer. Truth b told, naija is not ready for greatness, they see d truth and hide from it. Its only God that knows d plans of these folks. How can a group of people DAT have shown to b threat in d society b allowed to run a radio station, for wat, to enable dem know wen to strike simultaneously abi. No wonder d Igbo's wants to leave dis "not well country". Can u just imagine. Even book haram will make there operation easy via d station. Until Fulani proves to b peaceful, who Eva supports dis is evil

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by codemaniacs: 10:20am On May 26, 2019
zz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Glorymax: 10:21am On May 26, 2019
Basher8583:

Are you afraid it will yeild positive results making it impossible to lie against Fulani herdsmen as a reason for your poor useless existence of a life

Thanks dear for reminding me of living a poor useless life. At least, I'll re-examine myself and improve for better. Have a blessed day and week.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Hayjay1710: 10:23am On May 26, 2019
I think this is totally wrong, if by any means to communicate and educate the Fulanis, there is an already established Radio station in the north, where programs to educate them can be setup, so why setting up another Radio station, Radio Lagos set up programs to communicate and educate the eguns tribe and we cool with that. I think the federal govt is Cooking up something nasty..
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by SachaBastien(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2019
Timmypromise:

So how do you deal with Fulani in your region after the break up
Abi you are going to attack them (future impossible)
Igbos are not that crude, they'll ask them to return home with all they possess.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by jrusky(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2019
codemaniacs:

you guys should learn to press the report button and not quote button...

if you are looking for mods go to the top of this page and click on politics (section name) then go to bottom of the politics page and check for the mods usernames....

The truth is the Mod understand the whole lot. How can a fellow member use the word death on his fellow member and you expect the other fellow to keep quiet?

Go through all my post I have never used death on any member no matter how fierce we disagreed but why does some fellow here every little thing you say the next they wil tell you is death?
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by shugamummy: 10:27am On May 26, 2019
Fulani people will ask for a state one day and that is when you would know what Next Level means for them.

Glorymax:

If it's not for a particular group then, why name it "Fulani Radio"? Anyway, whatever damage control NBC is bringing out now is late. We have taken note and already interpreted what we thought the agenda was, and acting on it.
The truth is that we are living on false unity, but I wish we can really live as a nation but the happenings daily is pointing elsewhere.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Emycord: 10:28am On May 26, 2019
SO what was almajiri schools made for ?
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Nobody: 10:28am On May 26, 2019
Nigeria is a fragile nation that will fall apart very soon. Unless power is decentralized asap.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by MobilityExpress: 10:31am On May 26, 2019
Government sponsored Fulani station in Fulani language on fulani-only frequency kwa shocked And Buhari never even start second term. What will now happen in the next four years, are we going to be seeing Fulani -only army or police? My mind don dey shake o lipsrsealed
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Basher8583: 10:32am On May 26, 2019
jrusky:

Sorry for sure that is what will kill you. And you are fasting bah? That carbomonoxide will kill you and wipe all your folks out of earth face.

I will make life miserable for you this morning and I will make sure I waste the entire fasting you ve be be fasting today and turn it to haram before Allah bro I swear. I repeat cabomoxide will kill you. Because I was not talking to you neither quoted you nor mentioned your name bro you will die of carbomonoxide it's a sure bet.

It's nice to know I pissed you off. Next time watch what you type with those lazy fingers of yours.
And for your information I'm not fasting. No time for that. I might be a Hausa boy born into a Muslim family but I'm a free thinker.
Fvck fasting..... Next
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Glorymax: 10:32am On May 26, 2019
shugamummy:
Fulani people will ask for a state one day and that is when you would know what Next Level means for them.

That Next Level is really deep, and unfolding one by one. When other nations are advancing and making life meaningful for its citizens, ours keep bringing up divisive policies
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by codemaniacs: 10:33am On May 26, 2019
zz
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by martowskin1(m): 10:35am On May 26, 2019
Princedapace:
Force unity won't work. Lol. Nigeria is a funny country. In 50 years to come, I can bet u that Nigeria will still be struggling with electricity, water, roads, jobs, food, poverty, etc.

Archive this post. A country that wants to grow, there is usually a noticeable pattern, unfortunately, that is not the case with Nigeria. What pains me most is that it is the masses who will suffer this the most.

We are still hoping to get 1600 respondents for my friend's PhD survey questionaire. Pls, you can be of help.

Pls guys, a friend of mine is doing her PhD in the university of Florida.

She needs our help. She has her survey questionnaire crafted online. She is understudying birth control in Nigeria. That is a very interesting topic. She needs 1600 respondents for this research. You can participate. Survey takes less than 20 minutes.

Pls, to help her with your views about birth control, kindly check my profile and see the link on my signature. Just click the link and the survey page will open. It is done online and easy. Thank u so much. Don't forget to share with your friends too.

Just finished the questionnaire, do u think Nigerians on NL have patience to go through that.... We know how we think in this side of the nation....

Will help u share the link to friends though....

1 Like

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Unbreakable1(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2019
Better educate them ooo wink
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by jrusky(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2019
Basher8583:

It's nice to know I pissed you off. Next time watch what you type with those lazy fingers of yours.
And for your information I'm not fasting. No time for that. I might be a Hausa boy born into a Muslim family but I'm a free thinker.
Fvck fasting..... Next

Hahahaha now I understand your pain oh so you are a almanjiri? Noted.

Listen one million in fact 50 million of your almanjiri bollocks can not and can never stop me or tell me what to type. Nairaland is not my only social media platform get that fact ok but I won't stop bashing Buhari and all that follow him when they misbehave so Mr aboki you are too small to tell me that shit.

I noted your moniker now nice one.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Unbreakable1(m): 10:44am On May 26, 2019
Beta educate them for good ooo cool
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by jrusky(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2019
codemaniacs:

then press the report button even if the mod understand the whole lot...

Sorry I don't do such I'm not here to bring any member down or being the hands in it for any menber to be ban. Everybody can reason same way so I can not report anyone. Thanks for the advise. Appreciated.

God bless.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Naijageak(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2019
Hmmmm.
Get cure
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Sleevia: 10:46am On May 26, 2019
Timmypromise:

So how do you deal with Fulani in your region after the break up
Abi you are going to attack them (future impossible)
stupid question
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Unbreakable1(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2019
Beta educate them for good ooo shocked
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Vinex4uba(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2019
It is well !!!!!!
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Sleevia: 10:48am On May 26, 2019
martowskin1:

Just finished the questionnaire, do u think Nigerians on NL have patience to go through that.... We know how we think in this side of the nation....

Will help u share the link to friends though....

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by honest1480(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2019
Why not nomadic radio?
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Ajixegun: 10:49am On May 26, 2019
Born2Breed:
The hunters, farmers, fishermen and herdsmen in Nigeria are all Fulani.

Well Na una sabi.
Good question. They think people are daft.
Re: Fulani Radio To Educate Herdsmen, Fishermen, Farmers, Hunters — NBC by Gkemz: 10:50am On May 26, 2019
Radio station that communicates when, where and how to attack and also to incite them to participate in jihad war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kastina Abduction: Only 10 Schoolboys Remain With The Abductors - Garba Shehu / No Elected Public Officer Should Earn 10 Times More Than Minimum Wage / Blasphemy: Mubarak Bala Detained Since February Over Facebook Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.