Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,920 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb (5171 Views)

Arms Contract Scandal: Senator Saraki Blackmailed CBN Officials To Pay N250M / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark / IBB, OBJ Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by Beaf: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigeria: I Am Being Blackmailed - IBB[/size]
Chika Otuchikere
26 September 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abuja — One of the key contenders for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential ticket, former military president Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has alleged attempts by unidentified persons to blackmail him and perhaps frustrate his bid for the presidency.

Making this revelation in a release signed by one of his aides and made available to LEADERSHIP SUNDAY, IBB described the attempted blackmail as not only wicked and ill-conceived but could have been the handiwork of politicians desperate to destroy him.

According to the release, the presidential aspirant was accused, through a GSM text message being circulated among Nigerians, of being behind a purported plan by Muslims to attack their Christian neighbours resident in the northern part of the country.

Excerpts of the release signed by the IBB campaign's director of press, Prince Kassim Afegbua, and entitled 'Count IBB out of any planned attack on Christians and Muslims', read: "Our attention has been drawn to a very damaging, spurious, untrue ill-motivated and orchestrated text messages being circulated by people who are desperate to blackmail our presidential aspirant Gen. IBB, linking him to a purported attempt by Muslims to attack Christians in the north.

"To all intents and purposes, this latest blackmail is not only wicked and ill-conceived, but further goes to show how desperate politicians could go to blackmail people. No matter the motive, it is conceived in bad taste and should be condemned in all its ramifications. Gen. IBB has been in the forefront of those crusaders who believe in religious harmony in the country. As a president, he was able to reopen bilateral relations with Israel which paved the way for our Christian brothers and sisters to go on Holy Pilgrimage. He neither discriminates against Christians nor does he engage in anything that tends to undermine the unity of the nation.

"For anybody for whatever motivation to link him with such dastardly intention of creating bad blood among Muslims and Christians is a clear-cut attempt to blackmail him to dim his soaring popularity in the build-up to the 2011 election. We abhor this ill-conceived intention in all its entirety. We condemn wholly the motive. We say tufiakwa to anyone who nurtures such devilish intention. Nigeria's secular status has come to stay and anyone who tries to undermine such recognition might just be inviting crisis to the country.

"We therefore call on all to disregard the ill-conceived text message and join hands with IBB in his quest to provide sound and purposeful leadership to the country through the ballot box. We call on everyone to be more vigilant in order to arrest this ugly situation and those behind the purported text message".

Gen. Babangida's chief campaigner Chief Raymond Dokpesi recently alleged plans by government agents to assassinate him, drawing a stern denial by the presidency. Only penultimate week, IBB publicly declared his intention to seek the PDP ticket in the 2011 presidential election.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201009270908.html
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by Beaf: 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2010
Gen. IBB has been in the forefront of those crusaders who believe in religious harmony in the country.

But Mr Afegbua, are we not talking of the very same IBB that secretly registered Nigeria as a member of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC)?

This link provides a good article about the deliberate Islamisation of Nigeria http://www./Islamization%20of%20Nigeria.htm
It is wrong if we are a federation. Neither Christianity nor Islam should play any part in the nations government or government relations.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by otokx(m): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
Did he not whitemail some innocent people? Why is he crying now?
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by Youngichou(m): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2010
@ you Beaf listen to me Now i dont really engage myself in polictics nor comment on polictical threads i decided doing this today and now because i want to advice You. Pls stop spewing rubbish on NL to Nlanders. you support blindly. Though your reference and post on this page is meaningfull. But i know you are posting that because you are GEJ fan.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by victory: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2010
Peolpe should remember God In they do And the future of our kids,
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by bodsibobo(m): 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hyuk hyuk hyuk, I laugh in WAZOBIA!

He is being blackmailed!!!

Person wey dem suppose shoot!!!

If we had our way, we will whitenail, and bluenail and yellownail and rednail him. Oloriburuku, oloshi!
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by seap: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
stop all ds shit abt ibb,he is good man, i believe he is comin to make a change,
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by SmashingM(f): 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2010
Your tales of woes are just starting. Very stupid blackmail indeed. The same cup you measured to others are being measured to you. I just pray that the cup be pressed down and shaken together to fill it up properly.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by montelik(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
otokx:

Did he not whitemail some innocent people? Why is he crying now?

Which one be "whitemail". grin
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by emmydee(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2010
why dont we just give IBB a chance.
He has insisted he will create a change and has made so much noise about it
if we can forgive obasanjo, and others who have wasted our resources in the past,
what is it that we hold against this man IBB that others have not done.

Abegi, make we let him be.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by monkeyleg: 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2010
Ibb should go and rest, it is his spirit that is blackmailing him.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by Youngichou(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2010
montelik:

Which one be "whitemail". grin
lol
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by naso2(m): 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2010
emmydee:

why dont we just give IBB a chance.
He has insisted he will create a change and has made so much noise about it
if we can forgive obasanjo, and others who have wasted our resources in the past,
what is it that we hold against this man IBB that others have not done.

Abegi, make we let him be.

Did you say "we"? May be you are too young to know that words mean nothing to this man. In his 8 years he was using insha allah, I know he knows nigerians know what he means if he uses that phrase this time, so he has changed to for  christ's sake.

Dont say "we" again. You are free personally  to give him a chance but to majority of nigerians, the guy na bad market.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by namdo(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
how old are you>>>emmydee grin
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by jamace(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2010
Only blacmail and you are crying IBB? Very soon we shall smokemail you into KIRIKIRI. Onyeoshi. Barawo banza angry.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by faramola: 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
Why is IBB crying has he not planned worse coup in dis country>>>
its d law of karma catching up with him,
He might not be d one behind dis but its not sometin he cant do
If he needs peace, he should just be mute for the rest of his freaking miserable life.
They are celebrating his mates,
He has turned himself to a cause in the country.
He should ask God for forgiveness and just shut up
We dont wanna hear his miserable voice or see his terrorist face.
Nonsense!
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by abenelo: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
IBB should go and sit down, Mamman Vatsa, Dele Giwa, MKO Abiola to name a few of his victims will rise from their graves to slap him. He has no shame. At 69 he should be attending to his grand children and let Nigerians try to put back what is left of his 8 years of evil rule not causing heart aches by even showing interest in ruling us again. what is he complaining about. HE MURDERED SLEEP, HE WILL SLEEP NO MORE.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by scopusng(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
Those of you supporting IBB are morons, or sorry fools. Die IBB so that Nigerians will celebrate your death like that of Abacha.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by debeginin(m): 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
I don't agree dat he's been blackmailed.He's always been linked to Jos crisis long b4 now.So he shd jst shut his trap.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by jibosqie(m): 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2010
Which one be "whitemail"

PARCEL BOMB!
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by bisiaet: 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
Look at who is crying blackmail. What is wrong with this man did he forget how many poeple that was whitemail during his regime by his boys/ And how many innocent were set up and lied against and got killed in the name of failed coup. Uncle IBB you are reaping what you sowed period!
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by firebrand: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
he should be blackshot!
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by ProfJYK(m): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2010
u can fool me ! time
u can fool the people 1 time
can u fool the people all the time?

abi no be so?
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by googles: 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2010
grin grin grin grin

Ibb keeps branding himself as a coward
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by moremoney4: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2010
who is blackmailing who?
IBB the author of blackmail and 419.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by eros(m): 4:14pm On Sep 28, 2010
Why is this fo.ol always in the news.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by 2makesense: 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
very funny wink see who is complaining!
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by lovejo(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
Beaf:

But Mr Afegbua, are we not talking of the very same IBB that secretly registered Nigeria as a member of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC)?

This link provides a good article about the deliberate Islamisation of Nigeria http://www./Islamization%20of%20Nigeria.htm
It is wrong if we are a federation. Neither Christianity nor Islam should play any part in the nations government or government relations.

When someone told me Nigeria is a Muslim country, i defended it with or my intelligence at the long run she has proof by showing me the OIC, meanwhile Ecowas country no religion is superior over one another.

Ibb is taken us to another slavery.
He is the founder of

Strike
Riot
Embezzlement
Drug Trafficking
Murder, letter bomb
Abuse of human right
prostitution.

No to the old fool.
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by Pappij: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2010
I think we should all decide to stone this chimp whenever he is within sight. IBB is an evil we must expunge, by all means
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by swing4real(m): 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
Why is this common criminal always in the news for Christ's sake? I am surprised he used Christ in his interview with CNN.There is nothing this IBB won´t do or say all in the name of winning 9ja again.Mohamed please ask your father to stop disgracing himself.Oops! Like father like son
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by EFFRAKATA: 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
Prof JYK:

u can fool me ! time
u can fool the people 1 time
can u fool the people all the time?

abi no be so?
Na soooo! grin
Re: I Am Being Blackmailed - Ibb by Bamsyle2(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2010
After desecrating the land and insulting the intelligence of all Nigerian youths, this dude is accursed . . .

To think that putting his trust in OBJ (another Maradona) will benefit him in any way . . . Does this guy really think he stands any chance to win the election??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwarans List Saraki's Achievements As Governor, After His Sister Mocked Him / Eid-El-Fitr: Ugwuanyi Calls For Prayers, Abiding Faith In God / Iwu Explodes- Says Only Idiots Expect Miracle From Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.