Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements (31380 Views)

Ambode, A Governor Who Couldn't Secure Second Term (touching Video) / Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by omonla10(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2019
In all these, the photographers deserve a lot of credit..nice pics
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 28, 2019
luminouz:

N WHAT HAVE U DONE SINCE U WERE BORN

A lot my boy.
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by luminouz(m): 6:24pm On May 28, 2019
Ire2:

A lot my boy.
Tell us,Grandpa undecided
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by RexTramadol1: 6:31pm On May 28, 2019
Hahahahaha!

I can see someone on front page preparing to go to Ikoyi Prison
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by kimacent(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2019
Plz Let someone post what Wike of Rivers state has done in his first tenure.
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by vanjos: 6:34pm On May 28, 2019
Ire2:
Rubbish

What happened to building good hospital and equipping it properly?

What happened to putting good security infrastructure in place to curb crime like putting cctv cameras in strategic locations in lagos and responsive emergency services incase of robbery, etc.?

Renovate the fucking government schools and make sure their curriculums are up to date!

What about renovating the terrible state of ikoyi prisons and at least try to make it more human friendly?

Mr ambode you are just like every other politician.
You haven't done shit.

Na them!
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by desiredhome: 6:35pm On May 28, 2019
I'm so emotional right now,

1 Like

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by Femeto: 6:40pm On May 28, 2019
You should have just settled Tinubu. Now all your efforts are in vain.
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by TWOWAYMIRROR: 6:45pm On May 28, 2019
Ire2:
Rubbish

What happened to putting good security infrastructure in place to curb crime like putting cctv cameras in strategic locations in lagos and responsive emergency services incase of robbery, etc.?

Renovate the fucking government schools and make sure their curriculums are up to date!

Which state are you from.. Don't claim Lagos please

What about renovating the terrible state of ikoyi prisons and at least try to make it more human friendly?

You haven't done shit.
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by olajizz01(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Ambode the fat coward. Typical character of a yelobam man grin grin grin
Asari is at your back,run,run,run,run.

Bloody coward of a tribe.

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 28, 2019
luminouz:

Tell us,Grandpa undecided

Too advance for your brain my boy
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by luminouz(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2019
Ire2:

Too advance for your brain my boy
Too ADVANCED!!!! OLODO RABATA GRANPA
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 28, 2019
luminouz:

Too ADVANCED!!!! OLODO RABATA GRANPA

Na so my boy. One day w go better for you. For now. Run along and play with your mates.
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by GoodMuyis(m): 7:03pm On May 28, 2019
Johnnyessence:
God bless Ambode for this great projects .

grin grin grin grin

Good To see you are born again
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by luminouz(m): 7:08pm On May 28, 2019
Ire2:

Na so my boy. One day w go better for you. For now. Run along and play with your mates.
Yinmu!!!
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by murmee: 7:15pm On May 28, 2019
It baffles me a great deal when people forget to mention the Aboru Bridge when they list the infrastructural achievements of Governor Ambode. Those who knew the area before the construction of the bridge will forever appreciate the good works of the Governor. I used to tell people that if I am offered a piece of land, free of charge in Aboru, I will not hesitate to reject it.

Aboru was a laid back, undeveloped and forgotten area that lacks every basic amenities. It was also inaccessible. Before the bridge was built, the only vehicle that could manage to navigate the area were the Okadas and that comes with a lot of discomfort to the driver and the passenger. Families and friends of those who live there don't visit them. It was that bad.

You will wonder how I know so much about the place. My sister in law lives there. She and her husband were among the first settlers. They own houses there.

Immediately the bridge and some adjoining roads were built and commissioned, Aboru was transformed. The place became motorable and values of properties in the area skyrocketed. A primary health centre/clinic was also built for the community. The people started living like human beings. The people of Aboru will forever remember Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by hausadreturn(m): 7:22pm On May 28, 2019
murmee:
It baffles me a great deal when people forget to mention the Aboru Bridge when they list the infrastructural achievements of Governor Ambode. Those who knew the area before the construction of the bridge will forever appreciate the good works of the Governor. I used to tell people that if I am offered a piece of land, free of charge in Aboru, I will not hesitate to reject it.

Aboru was a laid back, undeveloped and forgotten area that lacks every basic amenities. It was also inaccessible. Before the bridge was built, the only vehicle that could manage to navigate the area were the Okadas and that comes with a lot of discomfort to the driver and the passenger. Families and friends of those who live there don't visit them. It was that bad.

You will wonder how I know so much about the place. My sister in law lives there. She and her husband were among the first settlers. They own houses there.

Immediately the bridge and some adjoining roads were built and commissioned, Aboru was transformed. The place became motorable and values of properties in the area skyrocketed. A primary health centre/clinic was also built for the community. The people started living like human beings. The people of Aboru will forever remember Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.
Though I've never heard of Aboru, and don't even know the area in Lagos it is, your post make sense.

1 Like

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by macello4(m): 7:29pm On May 28, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Na your mama dey craze, go school! Na hate and bitterness go kill you! KNOW not NOW CORRECTION not CORETOIN
e no go beter for ur mama.

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by isnovic(m): 7:31pm On May 28, 2019
Common sense suggestion

The Problem:

As it stands, we do not have cities around the Six geopolitical region that can cater for the population.

This inability to develop rapid cities around our population leads to uneven development across the country, increasing frustration and exacerbation of crimes, social vices and the need to get rich quickly or die while trying attitude.

The Solution:

Come up with a plan, by emergency or fiat to develop within each 6 geopolitical zone or region 1 urban/modern city to help tackle these problems.

Ensure an 8 years rolling master plan for each city.

Ensure that these regional cities or capital are fully equipped with the functionalities of the Federal government to avoid frequent delays and bureaucracies.

Appoint an Urban and Rapid development Minister, whose sole purpose is to ensure within every 8 years, a city within the 6 regional zones is developed to a level that is fit for Nigerians to live an urban lifestyle.

Ensure that this master plan is anchored by one with a strong track record of performance and link up firstly this regional capitals with fast train route, equip them with regional utility power system with sources peculiar to the region.

I so suggest that AMBODE be appointed as a pioneering minister, and his sole duty is to ensure that in each of this 6 regional zones of the country, every region can boast of a capital fit for Nigerians to live a decent life and the standard comparable to European cities as its benchmark.

The advantage of this solution:

It will narrow his responsibility to urbanizing these regional cities/capitals.
It will remove the bogusness of Ministries like Works, Housing, Power, Energy and Transport.
It will ensure that proper contextualization of solution peculiar to each region and unifying solutions across board with same standard.
Other Minister will complement other part of the states and cities not selected for Rapid urbanization.
It will stop influx to Lagos, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Kano by providing other cities to ensure better population spread.
Reduce cost of production rapidly and increase business competition edge and drive investment.

If done well AMBODE may be able to replicate what he has done in Lagos across these selected cities within 4 years and serve far more greater Nigerians and just maybe we might begin to select the country's president from a pool of these Ministers, since they will have a broader outlook and possess more nationalistic view to issues.

Additionally, the salability of his candidacy will be easy haven worked and shown presence in all geopolitical regions and a counter measure to make it be for the governed, this person must have been a governor in each state and excelled at it or Ex-Minister who has excelled at his Ministry.

This engender competition amongst governors and ensure the people are the ultimate beneficiaries of this solution and will ultimately kill the idea of political demi-gods in our politics, godfather politics and enthrone an era of meritocracy.

1 Like

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by awuf2008: 7:53pm On May 28, 2019
He remains the best Governor in the country and the best after LKJ. His achievements surpass that of fashola 2terms combine. Ambode will surely be missed by lagosians.
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by Shaev7(m): 8:31pm On May 28, 2019
All his projects are bus stops... Shame! Brain damage! I will never applaud any politicians in this country until they mean well for the citizens and put Nigeria First!
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by ikorodureporta: 8:35pm On May 28, 2019
Alausa pedestrian bridge
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by ikorodureporta: 8:35pm On May 28, 2019
Code Lagos Training
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by Shaev7(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2019
Ire2:
Rubbish

You haven't done shit.

Seriously I will quote you again, "he hasn't done any sh!t."

I hate when some persons praise politicians in this country when they know they are suffering....
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by ikorodureporta: 8:37pm On May 28, 2019
How abt upgraded schools & health facilities?
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by ikorodureporta: 8:39pm On May 28, 2019
Ambode will remain happy seeing all these things he did
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by yesloaded: 8:45pm On May 28, 2019
ally2014:
which achievements...with d China or substandard roads and bridges he built?abeg make I hear..
Have you been to Lagos before? The first bridge you will see while entering Lagos coming from Ibadan is the berger pedestrian bridge, access it and come back here to apologize

Ambode tried although nobody is perfect and government is continuity but as far Adam concerned, the man tried a lot
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by buJu234: 8:48pm On May 28, 2019
My only concern is that hope VIO & Kai will not return in full force...

Well done Ambode..
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 28, 2019
Shaev7:

Seriously I will quote you again, "he hasn't done any sh!t."

I hate when some persons praise politicians in this country when they know they are suffering....

Suffering and smiling. When politician do roads, bridges (which is even the least shit that should be considered a project) they will praise him like no tomorrow that he has done a lot. Honestly Nigerians enjoy suffering.

1 Like

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by spinna: 8:59pm On May 28, 2019
Ambode your name will never die true lovers of lagos love you. You will be vindicated , he who laughs last laughs best.

After Jakande na Ambode as far as best Lagos govs

Cos of Ambo i go fit drive my Lambo for Lag
Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by deomelo: 9:25pm On May 28, 2019

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9503070_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9503071_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e

This was Fashola, way way before Ambode.

Do proper research before running to the internet to misappropriate achievements.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements by deomelo: 10:51pm On May 28, 2019
It's really sad that a thread about the governor of Lagos state with the largest state IGR, largest state budget in Nigeria did not occupy half a page on NL.

How sad.

What a waste of time and resources, good riddance.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: Tinubu Has Paid His Dues, Nobody Is Undermining Him / Femi Adesina Likens Nigeria To 'Testicles Of A Ram' & 'Woman's Breasts' / APC Billboard Displays Yemi Osinbajo's Name As "Femi" Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.