Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home (51465 Views)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Governor Ambode Hosts Kareem Waris Olamilekan (Photos) / Otedola Bridge Fire: Governor Ambode Visits The Scene Of Tanker Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Letenwam: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2018
Governor Ambode of Lagos State arrived Russia last night for the World Cup finals between France and Croatia, and one of highlights of his arrival was that he pledged to help send Nigerians stuck in the country home.

Recall that we reported that a Russian NGO alleged that approximately 200 Nigerians are stranded in Moscow and 400 all over Russia. They came during the World Cup games in hopes to find jobs to Moscow, but got disappointed.

Instagram user @iampndgreat who disclosed the promise made by Governor Ambode in his post, wrote;

Not a Political Campaign but just appreciating a good and kind gesture by one of our noble Politicians in Nigeria.

The story goes thus:
I had a pick up arrangement today at the airport in Moscow and had a rare privilege of meeting his excellency, the governor of Lagos State; the most populous and commercial Hub of Nigeria. I quickly introduced myself while I waited for my pick up arrangement to come out. We had a small chat and exchanged knowledge and wisdom while I waited.
He bade me farewell as his pick up arrangement had arrived.
After a few minutes, my pick up arrived as well so we set out to the car park.
As soon as we came out of the airport, I saw a crowd of over 50 Nigerians who had been stranded at the airport for almost 10-15 days now. And in their middle was this same man, His excellency , Governor Ambode. As soon as he sighted me, he quickly called my attention to assist.

It was a pathetic state and a lot of words both pleasant and unpleasant were being exchanged. (Not apportioning blames on anyone )
Then his Excellency did something that amazed me. He showed solidarity and quickly pledged to send all 50 Stranded Nigerians home and assigned me to oversea the transfers and procurement of new tickets to send them home.
As I type this, 19 out of this 50 are already on air to Lagos Nigeria, the remaining 31 are leaving this evening.

His excellency also fed them all as he gave them cash to eat while they waited for their tickets to fly home.
I am only writing this to express my gratitude to a man that has shown that not all politicians are the same.
I am well aware that NFF Officials and some other Senior Government or well to do Nigerians are aware of the situation on ground but are yet to be of help.
Kindly help as much as you can.
Nigeria will only be built or destroyed by Nigerians.
The integrity of our Nation is at stake.
Follow this same example; If you have the well withal.
DISCLAIMER : THIS IS NOT A CAMPAIGN BUT A SIMPLE SHOW OF LIGHT IN THE MIDST OF DARKNESS.
Akinwunmi Ambode

https://lailasnews.com/governor-ambode-arrives-russia-for-world-cup-finals-pledges-to-send-stranded-nigerians-home/

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2018
As I type this, 19 out of this 50 are already on air to Lagos Nigeria, the remaining 31 are leaving this evening.
His excellency also fed them all as he gave them cash to eat while they waited for their tickets to fly home

Happy for them.
God bless Ambode for the good works he is doing both in and out of the country.

220 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by sarrki(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2018
Not sending them home to roast

All our leaders religious, politicians and traditional leaders have failed God and Humanity

8 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 14, 2018
Better Governor, Man with vision, na dis Kind man fit transform Nigeria

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Abjay97(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by izzou(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:
Not sending them home to roast

All our leaders religious, politicians and traditional leaders have failed God and Humanity

You forgot to type "Except Baba"

13 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by sarrki(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2018
izzou:

You forgot to type "Except Baba"

Enough of singling out a person

I think it’s our system and institutions

Also our reasoning

Like the way you just did

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by izzou(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:

Enough of singling out a person

I think it’s our system and institutions

[s]Also our reasoning

Like the way you just did[/s]

No bro

When we complain about his government, you and your likes call us idiotic pigs, Igbos, and the rest.

So why are you tagging him among those who has failed humanity? Or has he?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2018
After spending 1.5 or 2.million to Russia they were still stranded in Russia.. noting they gain there just want there to support our super eagleas... waste of money.. rubbish... if you are Nigeria you are a millionaire with that money...

17 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by DanseMacabre(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2018
I tried to find something that would portray this move as smacking of publicity and narcissism, but I couldn't. Hell, even if it was, the nigga did the right thing all the way.

Thumbs up sir!

In fact the only thing that's surprising about the story is that I thought Ambode'd be in Ekiti with the rest of the sweepers.

10 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Sarkin: 11:27am On Jul 14, 2018
He's a good man, somewhat.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by sarrki(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2018
izzou:

No bro

When we complain about his government, you and your likes call us idiotic pigs, Igbos, and the rest.

So why are you tagging him among those who has failed humanity? Or has he?

You people started just too early with hatred words for him

You didn’t give him a chance to even work for a day

So that’s our point

Some people sticks to him due to the hatred not because they liked him

10 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2018
Abjay97:
Lol.. and you think they will follow you to come back?
If finding a job in russia is hard, they can use the little money they have and take a train to Ukraine or Kazakhstan.. If they use the ukraine route, they can now 'form' stranded African Migrant and get help.. With help gotten, they can now proceed south to Germany or Spain OR
North to Sweden or Norway..

Dont come back empty handed to a country(Nigeria) that doesnt necessarily function.

However nice one Ambode

Na so e easy??

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by izzou(m): 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:

So that’s our point

So do you agree that he has failed God and humanity in this first 3 years?

If you don't, remove his name from the "ALL" that you wrote up there.

It's unfair to tag him with failure

8 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by resurgent2019: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:

So that’s our point

Egbon sarrki, you are beginning to speak with sense these past few days ooo. I hope you keep it up. Do not allow igbo hate to make you support Buhari. I was almost at the point of supporting Buhari just to spite igbos but I found out that if I don’t speak up, Buhari and his Fulani gang might kill members of my family.

So I determined that it is better I ignore igbos and call out the Buhari regime for the disaster that it is. God will continue to give you the courage and wisdom to the the right thing and call out evil for what it is. Bless!

16 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by sarrki(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Egbon sarrki, you are beginning to speak with sense these past few days ooo. I hope you keep it up. Do not allow igbo hate to make you support Buhari. I was almost at the point of supporting Buhari just to spite igbos but I found out that if I don’t speak up, Buhari and his Fulani gang might kill members of my family.

So I determined that it is better I ignore igbos and call out the Buhari regime for the disaster that it is. God will continue to give you the courage and wisdom to the the right thing and call out evil for what it is. Bless!

You are a patriot

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by resurgent2019: 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:

You are a patriot

Thank you sire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by shevchenko(m): 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2018
[s]
post=69367179:
His excellency also fed them all as he gave them cash to eat while they waited for their tickets to fly home

Happy for them.
God bless Ambode for the good works he is doing both in and out of the country.
[/s]

How much do they pay you for this trash ?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by royalamour(m): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
Awesome

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by itoldu: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
Baba don book ticket for Finals since. The rest na political propaganda grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by enemyofprogress: 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2018
He should only help Yorubas among them and leave others especially ibos alone there, they are not nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Hotzone(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
I don't like to say this but the truth is that majority of that 400 are Yoruba and edo peeps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Sijo01(f): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
That's thoughtful of him.

Is the dude on the left his sibling undecided
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by erico2k2(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
Letenwam:
Governor Ambode of Lagos State arrived Russia last night for the World Cup finals between France and Croatia, and one of highlights of his arrival was that he pledged to help send Nigerians stuck in the country home.

Recall that we reported that a Russian NGO alleged that approximately 200 Nigerians are stranded in Moscow and 400 all over Russia. They came during the World Cup games in hopes to find jobs to Moscow, but got disappointed.

Instagram user @iampndgreat who disclosed the promise made by Governor Ambode in his post, wrote;

Not a Political Campaign but just appreciating a good and kind gesture by one of our noble Politicians in Nigeria.

The story goes thus:
I had a pick up arrangement today at the airport in Moscow and had a rare privilege of meeting his excellency, the governor of Lagos State; the most populous and commercial Hub of Nigeria. I quickly introduced myself while I waited for my pick up arrangement to come out. We had a small chat and exchanged knowledge and wisdom while I waited.
As soon as we came out of the airport, I saw a crowd of over 50 Nigerians who had been stranded at the airport for almost 10-15 days now. And in their middle was this same man, His excellency , Governor Ambode. As soon as he sighted me, he quickly called my attention to assist.

It was a pathetic state and a lot of words both pleasant and unpleasant were being exchanged. (Not apportioning blames on anyone )
Then his Excellency did something that amazed me. He showed solidarity and quickly pledged to send all 50 Stranded Nigerians home and assigned me to oversea the transfers and procurement of new tickets to send them home.

His excellency also fed them all as he gave them cash to eat while they waited for their tickets to fly home.
I am only writing this to express my gratitude to a man that has shown that not all politicians are the same.
I am well aware that NFF Officials and some other Senior Government or well to do Nigerians are aware of the situation on ground but are yet to be of help.
DISCLAIMER : THIS IS NOT A CAMPAIGN BUT A SIMPLE SHOW OF LIGHT IN THE MIDST OF DARKNESS.
Akinwunmi Ambode

https://lailasnews.com/governor-ambode-arrives-russia-for-world-cup-finals-pledges-to-send-stranded-nigerians-home/

They came to Russia to look for jobs, how? with no work permit? I begiiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by shugacain: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
if i be woman i for give AMBODE Mouth Action my love for him though

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by kay29000(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
sarrki:

So that’s our point
Gbam! You are a true Patriot.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by erico2k2(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
Hotzone:
I don't like to say this but the truth is that majority of that 400 are Yoruba and edo peeps
Edo Airways go soon land for your domot grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by izzou(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

grin grin grin

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by joeyswift(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nigerians will never cease to amuse me. I even saw Johnpaul my neighbour down the street on camera forming paparazzi for us in Russia, I didn't know he doesn't have Tp to come back.
One lesson in life don't try to imitate someone
Letenwam:

The story goes thus:

Akinwunmi Ambode

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by greatman247(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nice one , kind governor

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Arrives Russia, Pledges To Send Stranded Nigerians Home by Oceannaagent: 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
Nice gestures Mr Ambode.

Are you an investor or which to earn extra income, then Oceanna is the place to be.

call or whatsapp +2347034503352 for investment details

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: CDD Gives Damning Verdict On Election, Makes Shocking Revelations / Ministerial List: Lady Who Campaigned For Buhari Cries Bitterly, Regrets (Photos / Obasanjo Makes Surprise Appearance At Jonathan’s Daughter's Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.