Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,364 members, 7,826,426 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You (26873 Views)

Jonathan Also Collected Loan From China, Amaechi Replies PDP Chieftain / "I Rather Quit Politics Than Decamp To APC" - Reno Omokri / CJN Onnoghen: Amaechi Replies Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Flashyoil1(f): 9:59pm On May 28, 2019
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has again lashed out at the Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi, for saying that he (Amaechi) is not politically relevant to discuss whether Igbos should have the Presidency in 2023 or not.

Amaechi, who spoke on the sidelines, at an Interactive forum of Maritime Stakeholders in Lagos, said the former Anambra State Governor does not have the credibility to speak on the matter because he could not win the presidential election.

Amaechi also said right from when he became Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly till date his name has been in the front burner of national politics far more than Peter Obi.

Amaechi said that for the Igbos to get the Presidency in 2023, they must be part of “National Politics”.

According to Amaechi, “Peter Obi said I’m not an Igbo man and that I don’t have the locus to discuss whether Igbo Presidency will be or not in 2023. That comment is a very sad and cheap one from him.

“But the truth is that Peter Obi too does not have the locus to speak about Igbo Presidency because he and his party couldn’t win the presidential election.

“Aside from that, it’s most unfortunate that Peter Obi, a man I defeated to become the Chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum(NGF), when we were both governors, can wake up today to say I am not relevant in the polity to talk about national issues when journalists ask me questions about it.

“I think what is important, which I have said to the Igbos severally is that they need to be part of national politics. If they are not part of National Politics they cannot be President.

“National Politics means that an Ikwerre man must have his interest covered by the Igbos If they want to be President. The Yoruba man must have the Igbos cover their interests, the Hausa, Fulani people must also be confident that their interests are covered by the Igbos.

“I support Igbo Presidency. I believe that it’s the Igbo turn to produce the next President of Nigeria because they have not been there before. The country will be unfair to the Igbos if they say it’s not their turn. But it can’t be your turn and you don’t want to fight for it. You want us to wake you up from sleep and say come and take, it is your turn? It doesn’t work like that and it will not work that way. So, Peter Obi should close his mouth. He lost an election which I won and that’s why President Buhari, not Atiku will be sworn-in tomorrow as President,” he explained.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/2023-igbo-presidency-shut-im-relevant-national-politics-amaechi-fires-back-peter-obi/

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by mcjohny(m): 10:05pm On May 28, 2019
Nawa ooh las las I came first, the amazing thing is that obi does not have time for mere media criticism with poor amaechi who was beaten hands and feet from yenagoa to his village ubima in ikwere LGA by gov wike, that was more than just knocking someone out with a well calculated knock out punch that was also disbanding to his political career.
back to my gist let's sit and watch who will win this media power tussle between the ex governors, but I think amaechi is just pained all he could do for his people was to slaughter them for a Fulani man so he remains a minister. heartbreaking honesty

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Kingosytex(m): 10:13pm On May 28, 2019
Amaechi spoke the plain truth. he has been politically more active than Peter Obi. No more, no less

178 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 28, 2019
Flashyoil1:
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has again lashed out at the Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Peter Obi, for saying that he (Amaechi) is not politically relevant to discuss whether Igbos should have the Presidency in 2023 or not.

Amaechi, who spoke on the sidelines, at an Interactive forum of Maritime Stakeholders in Lagos, said the former Anambra State Governor does not have the credibility to speak on the matter because he could not win the presidential election.

Amaechi also said right from when he became Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly till date his name has been in the front burner of national politics far more than Peter Obi.

Amaechi said that for the Igbos to get the Presidency in 2023, they must be part of “National Politics”.

According to Amaechi, “Peter Obi said I’m not an Igbo man and that I don’t have the locus to discuss whether Igbo Presidency will be or not in 2023. That comment is a very sad and cheap one from him.

“But the truth is that Peter Obi too does not have the locus to speak about Igbo Presidency because he and his party couldn’t win the presidential election.

“Aside from that, it’s most unfortunate that Peter Obi, a man I defeated to become the Chairman of Nigeria Governors Forum(NGF), when we were both governors, can wake up today to say I am not relevant in the polity to talk about national issues when journalists ask me questions about it.

“I think what is important, which I have said to the Igbos severally is that they need to be part of national politics. If they are not part of National Politics they cannot be President.

“National Politics means that an Ikwerre man must have his interest covered by the Igbos If they want to be President. The Yoruba man must have the Igbos cover their interests, the Hausa, Fulani people must also be confident that their interests are covered by the Igbos.

“I support Igbo Presidency. I believe that it’s the Igbo turn to produce the next President of Nigeria because they have not been there before. The country will be unfair to the Igbos if they say it’s not their turn. But it can’t be your turn and you don’t want to fight for it. You want us to wake you up from sleep and say come and take, it is your turn? It doesn’t work like that and it will not work that way. So, Peter Obi should close his mouth. He lost an election which I won and that’s why President Buhari, not Atiku will be sworn-in tomorrow as President,” he explained.
Read more here https://thickmatch.com/2023-igbo-presidency-shut-im-relevant-national-politics-amaechi-fires-back-peter-obi/

@bolded Obi is correct.

U are not an Igboman

So what's sad and cheap about it?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by SmellingAnus(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2019

Ameachi is very correct on the above response...

140 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by RoyalUc(m): 11:15pm On May 28, 2019
"...You want us to wake you up from sleep and say come and take, it is your turn?"

I think we should do just that to end this 'marginalisation' slogan.

But will they take it or fall back to continue to sleep?

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Earthquake3: 11:22pm On May 28, 2019
Peter Obi should not answer the dunce

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Earthquake3: 11:23pm On May 28, 2019
Because you were made minister of transport because of your ass licking means you are relevant

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by globemoney: 1:18am On May 29, 2019
Earthquake3:
Because you were made minister of transport because of your ass licking means you are relevant

Peter Obi also licked GEJs ass and nothing came out of it

94 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by globemoney: 1:21am On May 29, 2019
So, Peter Obi should close his mouth. He lost an election which I won and that’s why President Buhari, not Atiku will be sworn-in tomorrow as President,” he explained
Chai, see finishing grin grin

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Sirjamo: 1:25am On May 29, 2019
Obi is a small boy in Nigeria politics compare to Amaechi

88 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by BuhariAdvocate: 1:25am On May 29, 2019
Keep quiet you aren't relevant but ordinary Ijaw.
mcjohny:
Nawa ooh las las I came first, the amazing thing is that obi does not have time for mere media criticism with poor amaechi who was beaten hands and feet from yenagoa to his village ubima in ikwere LGA by gov wike, that was more than just knocking someone out with a well calculated knock out punch that was also disbanding to his political career.
back to my gist let's sit and watch who will win this media power tussle between the ex governors, but I think amaechi is just pained all he could do for his people was to slaughter them for a Fulani man so he remains a minister. heartbreaking honesty

18 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Front0lane: 1:52am On May 29, 2019
Dead brain Igbo Ipob be praising their failure like success even when the failure is glaring to the dead. Imagine any foolish soul comparing the kickback taking bigoted foolish Obi to the honorable minister. Amaechi is not only ahead of Obi in every human n supernatural indices. Obi deserve to be beaten to death for daring to compare the failure he is to an Amechi.

mcjohny:

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by tysontim(m): 2:03am On May 29, 2019
Peter obi didn't say you're not an igbo, he said you're not from SE

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by adadike(f): 2:07am On May 29, 2019
Ne kwanu Amaechi? Amaechi, d day u wrestle back rivers state from wike is d day you can come and sit with real men like Obi. For now, you are irrelevant

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Mraphel: 3:16am On May 29, 2019
adadike:
Ne kwanu Amaechi? Amaechi, d day u wrestle back rivers state from wike is d day you can come and sit with real men like Obi. For now, you are irrelevant
Wike rigged and bought River's election unknown party AAC nearly defeated him. what would happen if APC had contested for the election?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 5:09am On May 29, 2019
Why does National politics to every APC member mean joining the APC?..

- Does it mean that other political parties dont play National politics?

- Does that mean all the Igbos currently in the APC are not playing National politics?

PDP won more states in the last election, but that's not National politics..

Obi is in no competition with Amaechi, as they are trying to smear his name with everything. One thing is, they can never call him a "thief" like Amaechi and his clout.

- One grew into a billionaire via Nigerian politics(looting) in just 3 positions (speaker,Gov,minister)
- The other grew into a billionaire by providing jobs for the people.

51 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 5:59am On May 29, 2019
tysontim:
Peter obi didn't say you're not an igbo, he said you're not from SE
Amaechi no be igbo.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by kutchs: 6:08am On May 29, 2019
Sirjamo:
Obi is a small boy in Nigeria politics compare to Amaechi
Life is not all about politics my dear. There are many outside politics doing far better and more relevant to the society than those like Amaechi in politics.
Peter was well known in Nigeria and the business community before he became governor and I'm not sure many knew Amaechi before he became speaker of the RSHA.

Ameachi may be a minister but Obi is more reckoned than he's.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Peacemaker5128: 6:18am On May 29, 2019
Who is Chinco pita obituary to Dr Amaechi

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by NonsoWow: 6:18am On May 29, 2019
Amaechi is right though. Peter Obi is light weight in politics. A pretentious effeminate who has been desperately looking for political redemption since Obiano dumped him into irrelevance. Amaechi has been speaker for 8 years, governor for 8 years, and now a federal minister for 4 years and will likely be so for longer. Peter Obi, on the other hand, managed to scrap through 8 years as governor, was even impeached once due to his incompetence and had to bribe obasanjo with one billion naira to be recommended to atiku as a running mate for their failed expedition grin

No doubt, Amaechi towers head and shoulders over Obi in politics. Even comparing their achievements as governors is a no-brainer. Obi was just donating cheques to people to do projects themselves due to his handicapped imagination and overwhelming cluelessness.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by mrvitalis(m): 6:21am On May 29, 2019
So national politics means joining apc

We have supported someone from the south west

We have supported someone from the north

What else about being nationalistic do you want ...

No tribe invest in other regions more than us ...what can be more nationalistic than that

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Ngokobo: 6:39am On May 29, 2019
NonsoWow:
Amaechi is right though. Peter Obi is light weight in politics. A pretentious effeminate who has been desperately looking for political redemption since Obiano dumped him into irrelevance. Amaechi has been speaker for 8 years, governor for 8 years, and now a federal minister for 4 years and will likely be so for longer. Peter Obi, on the other hand, managed to scrap through 8 years as governor, was even impeached once due to his incompetence and had to bribe obasanjo with one billion naira to be
recommended to atiku as a running mate for their failed expedition grin

No doubt, Amaechi towers head and shoulders over Obi in politics. Even comparing their achievements as governors is a no-brainer. Obi was just donating cheques to people to do projects themselves due to his handicapped imagination and overwhelming cluelessness.
Absolutely nonsensical

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by NonsoWow: 6:49am On May 29, 2019
Ngokobo:

Absolutely nonsensical
Yes, it is nonsensical to dumb peter obi fans.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by sammyj: 6:51am On May 29, 2019
See finishing. Obi will be turning on his bed throughout the night !! grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Chikpat(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2019
Ameachi said the whole truth. People can attack him but they cannot change the truth

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Enugupikin: 6:55am On May 29, 2019
Osagyefo98:

@bolded Obi is correct.
U are not an Igboman
So what's sad and cheap about it?
what difference does it make poor Edo boy....ikwerre is igbo

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by MorufuAtanda: 6:55am On May 29, 2019
Another lamentation thread for my Yoruba Muslim brother. Villagepipu my Yoruba Muslim brother go carry human head for one hand, come dey lament give us. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Enugupikin: 6:57am On May 29, 2019
Mraphel:

Wike rigged and bought Rivers election unknown party AAC nearly defeated him.what would happen if wike APC had contested for the election?
and it never happened...bottom line is that wike crippled amechi's AAC

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Nobody: 6:58am On May 29, 2019
Enugupikin:

what difference does it make poor Edo boy....ikwerre is igbo

Ikwerre is igbo from nsukka abi.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Replies Peter Obi: I’m More Relevant In National Politics Than You by Enugupikin: 6:58am On May 29, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Amaechi no be igbo.
says an Edo boy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drama As DSS, Prisons Services Scuffle Over Emefiele’s Custody / This Is President Buhari's Itinerary For His Two-day Visit To Lagos / Buhari Commissions Pediatric Hospital Kano, Gives Cash To Freed Inmates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.