Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting (5592 Views)

DSS Withdraws Suit Against Tukur Mamu / Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim / 9th Assembly: Court Adjourns Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Speakership Race (2) (3) (4)

Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by engreo(m): 6:58am On May 29, 2019
ARELY 14 days to the election of a new Speaker for the House of Representatives, Phillip Undie, who approached a court to stop Majority Leader Femi Gbajabiamila from contesting, has offered to withdraw the suit.

Undie has sent a letter of authorisation to his counsel, Ayodele Temitope Justice, to file a withdrawal notice in court.

The counsel, who confirmed on the telephone that he got the notice of withdrawal from his client, was however silent on the next step.

In a May 27, 2019 letter, “Authorisation to file my withdrawal as plaintiff from suit number: FHC/ABJ/CS/539/2019, the plaintiff said he has got fresh facts confirming that Gbajabiamila was cleared of no criminal conviction by the Office of the General Counsel of the State of Georgia.

Undie’s letter to the counsel reads: “I am writing to notify you of my intention to withdraw from the above referenced legal suit wherein I sought for the disqualification of the 1st defendant from contesting the office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“It is important that I honorably discontinue the suit following the emergence of more facts indicating that the 1st Defendant, Hon Femi Gbajabiamila was cleared of no criminal conviction in the state of Georgia or any other part of the United States of America in a letter dated August 30, 2010.

“I am also in possession of an order of the Federal High Court, Abuja dated May 22, 2018, delivered by Justice Abdu Kafarati in favour of Femi Gbajabiamila. Kindly avail me details of my legal fees in accordance with our earlier agreement. Accept my warm regards.”

Read also: Why I changed my mind, Man explains withdrawal of suit against Gbajabiamila
In a follow up statement, Undie said the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Adamu Abdu Kafarati had decided a similar case in favour of Gbajabiamila on May 22, 2018.

The statement said: “I, Philip Undie, a Nigerian Tax payer who filed a legal suit against Femi Gbajabiamila in suit number FHC/ABJ/CS/539/2019 at the Federal High Court, Abuja on the let day of May 2019.

“The suit was filed in my innocent belief that the first defendant, Hon Femi Gbajabiamila ought not to be allowed to contest for the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives based on information then at my disposal that he had been criminally convicted by the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, United States of America.

“Since the matter was filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja, I have come into possession of more facts on the alleged criminal conviction which shows beyond all doubt that the basis of the suit is found on misinformation and misrepresentation of facts.

“One of the documents I now have is a letter dated as far back as August 30, 2010 issued by the State Bar of Georgia, the body involved in this matter and which regulates legal practice in Georgia, United States of America indicating that the 1st Defendant, Femi Gbajabiamila has no record of criminal conviction in the State of Georgia or any other part of America.

“In fact, the letter states categorically that Femi Gbajabiamila”is currently an active member in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia”.

“In addition, I am also in possession of a copy of the decision of Federal High Court, Abuja in suit FHC/ABJ/CS/501/2015 decided by Justice Adamu Abdu-Kafarati in favour of Gbajabiamila on May 22, 2018 as the plaintiff in that case was unable to diligently prosecute the case.

“The suit in reference was based on the same facts as the one in which I am now the plaintiff.

“In view of the above therefore, I wish to honorably announce my decision to immediately discontinue and terminate the suit I initiated at the Federal High Court, Abuja against Hon Femi Gbajabiamila (1st defendant); House of Representatives (2nd defendant); Attorney General of the Federation (3rd defendant); All Progressives Congress (4th defendant).

“Attached herewith are relevant processes to effect the discontinuance and termination of suit no FHC/ABJ/CS/539/2019.”

Undie had last week asked the Federal High Court to stop Gbajabiamila from remaining in the House of Representatives over his alleged conviction in the US for fraud related offences.

In the originating summons filed through an originating summons by his lawyer, Justice, Undie argued that “Gbajabiamila is not a fit and proper person to be elected as a member of the House of Representatives or Speaker having been convicted of $25,000 fraud by the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, USA.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/plaintiff-withdraws-suit-to-stop-gbajabiamila-from-contesting/

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by kellidoo(m): 7:00am On May 29, 2019
Keep fighting
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by MorufuAtanda: 7:01am On May 29, 2019
Money don change hands. The way Thiefnuubu is bribing with reckless abandon just to control the house of reps, even devil will be shocked.

Petitioner don collect him share Japa. grin

Nation newspaper, Thiefnuubu's toilet paper, well done for your propaganda but there is no document to show Gbajabiamila was cleared of conviction. Every court US records are documented online and Gbajabiamila remains a convicted criminal and Nigerians will stop him from representing them as speaker, if you like pump billions, and litter everywhere with empty propaganda. Truth must prevail over repeated lies and propaganda, Good over bad. Gbajabiamila na ole! grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Redoil: 7:05am On May 29, 2019
Bribing things going on underground

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14am On May 29, 2019
The suit was filed in my innocent belief that the first defendant, Hon Femi Gbajabiamila ought not to be allowed to contest for the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives based on information then at my disposal that he had been criminally convicted by the Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, United States of America.

“Since the matter was filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja, I have come into possession of more facts on the alleged criminal conviction which shows beyond all doubt that the basis of the suit is found on misinformation and misrepresentation of facts.
It should be the turn of Gbajabiamila to sue his sorry,
attention-seeking arse!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Kayouzka(m): 7:15am On May 29, 2019
I hope things get better soon
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16am On May 29, 2019
Redoil:
Bribing things going on underground
hisexcellency34:
Tinubu don roja
SarkinYarki:
Jagaban brown envelope to the rescue
Try and learn to read and stop embarassing you and your people online young men.
Haba!

Meanwhile, today is the day to renew your 4 years wailing subscription........FREE OF CHARGE!

Happy wailing guys! cheesy wink

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by hisexcellency34: 7:17am On May 29, 2019
Tinubu don roja

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by MorufuAtanda: 7:17am On May 29, 2019
Ehen...seun and his APC zombie moderators Don catapult the thread reach front-page even without any document showing his clearance of conviction, but threads with documentary proofs of his conviction as a thief who was stealing from his clients are never moved to front-page.

God is bigger than you all, truth must prevail and Gbajabiamila the thief no go smell that seat. Insha Allah!

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by ednut1(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2019
I tire for nigerian criminals from abroad always come back to rule us

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by NaijaFutbol: 7:18am On May 29, 2019
Some Criminal records are demoted after some years . That doesn’t mean he wasn’t convicted.

Anyway, good for him

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Redoil: 7:19am On May 29, 2019
post=78815157:

Since i am swin of the highest nature I will Try and learn to read and understand so as to stop embarassing myself, buhari that pays me 30k monthly stipend, all my village people and my entire family online.
I also promise to sell my poo as bbq and to pour my poo on every thing i sell.

Haba!
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by SarkinYarki: 7:19am On May 29, 2019

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Nobody: 7:20am On May 29, 2019
What ever ...armed robbers and ole in our seat of government. May God help us in Nigeria

Like as amen

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:20am On May 29, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Chief wailer sef no fit read!
Odiegwu!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by bettercreature(m): 7:21am On May 29, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
Money don't change hands. The way Thiefnuubu is bribing with reckless abandon just to control the house of reps, even devil will be shocked.

Petitioner don collect him share Japa. grin

Nation newspaper, Thiefnuubu's toilet paper, well done for your propaganda but there is no document to show Gbajabiamila was cleared of conviction. Every court US records are documented online and Gbajabiamila remains a convicted criminal and Nigerians will stop him from representing them as speaker, if you like pump billions, and litter everywhere with empty propaganda. grin
He is well known to devil.Nothing new to devil about him

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by sammyj: 7:21am On May 29, 2019
This man should be fined for waste of Judicial process time!! shocked
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by kaen1317: 7:22am On May 29, 2019
The sooner Yoruba and Ibo stop exchanging useless words and embrace each other the better for Nigeria. If not we will just be killed off like chickens. A word is enough for the wise.

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by genxris: 7:23am On May 29, 2019
The Tinubu media group quickly doing some damage control after Ghana must go has been exchanged

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by yuanexchanger: 7:23am On May 29, 2019
Jagaban factor would decide...we pay your Chinese suppliers
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Dimejimichael(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2019
the dollar Gov'nor

fairly used HP laptop for sale at an affordable price, whatsapp 08173059734
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by dukie25: 7:39am On May 29, 2019
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:53am On May 29, 2019
Withdrawal of the suit doesn't make Femi Gbajabiamila a saint. It further raises suspicions!!!

In a developed country where citizens are respected, Femi would have come out officially to clear the air

In his case, silence is not golden!!!

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by senatordave1(m): 7:58am On May 29, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Withdrawal of the suit doesn't make Femi Gbajabiamila a saint. It further raises suspicions!!!

In a developed country where citizens are respected, Femi would have come out officially to clear the air

In his case, silence is not golden!!!
Femi is the next speaker

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:04am On May 29, 2019
senatordave1:

Femi is the next speaker
From the way money is flying around, there's no doubt that you might be right!!!

I only spoke viewing him from the point of a man with substance but I can see that he is also fantastically corrupt

Definitely he will just be like any other speaker out there! It's well.
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Afamed: 8:22am On May 29, 2019
Plaintiff with no evidence

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Afamed: 8:26am On May 29, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
Ehen...seun and his APC zombie moderators Don catapult the thread reach front-page even without any document showing his clearance of conviction, but threads with documentary proofs of his conviction as a thief who was stealing from his clients are never moved to front-page.

God is bigger than you all, truth must prevail and Gbajabiamila the thief no go smell that seat. Insha Allah!
Serial wailer, take it up where the first plaintiff stopped. Confused wailer with multiple Monikers

Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by rusher14: 8:30am On May 29, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

From the way money is flying around, there's no doubt that you might be right!!!

I only spoke viewing him from the point of a man with substance but I can see that he is also fantastically corrupt

Definitely he will just be like any other speaker out there! It's well.

Like Dogara.
Re: Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:33am On May 29, 2019
rusher14:

Like Dogara.
Like Dogara what

Female Soldier Gives Man Serious Drilling For Calling Her Beautiful / Exposed: Sponsors Of Imam Of Peace / Olayinka Olayanju Didn't Say Makinde Aides Are behind Unrest - Taiwo Adisa