Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (64958 Views)

Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr. II - Rematch (Live Updates) / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Koolbobby(m): 5:50am On Jun 02, 2019
klexycole:

I swear bro, something was wrong with the whole thing.

While I am not holding brief for Joshua as Ruiz rocked him all night, something seemed off right from the beginning;

1. He took a while before coming out of his room
2. He looked sloppy, humble and slow as he walked up to the ring
3. He was throwing weak punches all night like one who had nothing left in him
4. He managed to land one that fell Ruiz but his follow-through was too watery. That's not the AJ I know
5. Took his share of the punch and never recovered. He lost the match at the 3rd round. Even against a more aggressive and athletic Klitscho, he wasn't that bad
6. First time away from home, then this

This takes nothing away from Ruiz. He battled hard and his tactics were spot on.

Match fixing? I know nothing about....

I hope a re-match on home soil takes care of our doubts...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by erons22(m): 5:55am On Jun 02, 2019
Koolbobby:

While I am not holding brief for Joshua as Ruiz rocked him all night, something seemed off right from the beginning;

1. He took a while before coming out of his room
2. He looked sloppy, humble and slow as he walked up to the ring
3. He was throwing weak punches all night like one who had nothing left in him
4. He managed to land one that fell Ruiz but his follow-through was too watery. That's not the AJ I know
5. Took his share of the punch and never recovered. He lost the match at the 3rd round. Even against a more aggressive and athletic Klitscho, he wasn't that bad
6. First time away from home, then this

This takes nothing away from Ruiz. He battled hard and his tactics were spot on.

Match fixing? I know nothing about....

I hope a re-match on home soil takes care of our doubts...

Ruiz got too much speed and his counter punching was good, remember this was his first fight outside uk

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Empiz: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2019
In my opinion this match was fixed.
Joshua's promoters realised since Wilder and Fury had been booked already a loss won't matter provided the next fight will be a rematch in UK.
They intentionally lost the fight knowing Wilder and Fury won't get to fight Ruiz.
Of course Joshua will definitely win that rematch and become an undisputed champion.
In summary their game plan is to get the undisputed record by avoiding a very dangerous opponent. After that incase he loses the belts to anyone he already made history.
Smart team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 02, 2019
Empiz:
Joshua's promoters realised since Wilder and fury had already booked fights.
So they intentionally lost the fight knowing Wilder and Fury won't get to fight Ruiz. Which leaves a rematch with Joshua as the best available option. Joshua will definitely win that rematch and will be back as undisputed champion.
In summary the game plan is to get the undisputed record but avoiding dangerous opponents.
That is classic.

Continue deceiving yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by oshe11: 6:25am On Jun 02, 2019
Lalas247:

True still violence is wrong regardless

Anyhoo

Night night let me go celebrate winning the Cup.. wink
"Your" AJ don sell match oooo

Bookies don make good money

Chaiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by londoner: 6:25am On Jun 02, 2019
SyrusdeHansome:
Nigeria will be claiming Anthony Joshua that isn't even
fighting as a Nigerian. Ever since the guy defeated the
aging Klishko the whole country hasn't failed to
support him for once but they let Samuel Peter that
grew up in Nigeria, worked here, trained here nd became a champion
here b4 conquering the world to fight with no support.
Maybe his crime was that he didn't bear a Yoruba,
Hausa nor Igbo name. My advice is learn to appreciate
those that have put in their best to contribute to the
development of this country b4 those ones that don't
even wanna be regarded as citizens of this damn
country. I wish u all the best, Anthony.

Please research before you make a mistake in your perception. Anthony Joshua's first country he wanted to represent was actually Nigeria, not Britain. Nigeria, as usual, rejected him. He was trained and invested into by the UK and now Nigeria wants to reap where they did not sow.

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by oshe11: 6:26am On Jun 02, 2019
Magnifico2000:
When is the fight starting?
Sorry!!!
Saw this late
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by oshe11: 6:29am On Jun 02, 2019
Fineman87:

Anything is possible.....

Himself and I are of same school of thought

Actually told my bro AJ might lose and sighted "Money Making" as my reason

Thats why the rich get richer

Like do U know how many people would carry AJ to Win?

Don't be Surprised that AJ actually made MORE MONEY by losing

Ciao!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by frankIzuchukwu(m): 6:31am On Jun 02, 2019
frankIzuchukwu:

Ruiz is an underdog but he never jab... he throws left and right hook!

i saw Ruiz winning a long time ago! AJ have a glass jaw...... hope the rematch will be in London

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:36am On Jun 02, 2019
oduademonest:

This is not Nigeria
lol were you born into this world just yesterday. There is much more corruption in the west than nigeria could ever dream of. This shit if fixed believe it or not.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Olubet8: 6:43am On Jun 02, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]see below it
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Empiz: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2019
Fineman87:

Even in the build up to this fight Joshua was preparing his fans for a possible loss with his comments if you can read between the lines. He never sounded like he was going in this fight to win rather he sounded like he was going there to participate.
Joshua is usually not this slow in his fights, weak defense, no big right hand set ups, poor game plan, and low punching output.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by chinnyonwu(m): 6:47am On Jun 02, 2019
goldenarrow:

Yes he should have stabilized himself rather than rush to follow up on the knockdown. He was having the Klitschko match on his mind. He forgot that he stabilized before he got Klitschko out.
Let's hope he comes back better.
You should always capitalize on a knock down to finish a fight. Y'all just drawing conclusions cos he lost this one.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by chinnyonwu(m): 6:51am On Jun 02, 2019
Empiz:
Joshua's promoters realised since Wilder and Fury had been booked already a loss won't matter provided the next fight will be a rematch in UK.
They intentionally lost the fight knowing Wilder and Fury won't get to fight Ruiz.
Of course Joshua will definitely win that rematch and become an undisputed champion.
In summary their game plan is to get the undisputed record by avoiding a very dangerous opponent. After that if he loses the belt to anyone he already made history.
Smart team
STFU
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by oduademonest: 6:53am On Jun 02, 2019
chinnyonwu:

You should always capitalize on a knock down to finish a fight. Y'all just drawing conclusions cos he lost this one.

He outboxed himself. He was looking for a knockdown

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 02, 2019
opson1:

Are you sure you have gone online too to read public opinion on this matter? Are you sure Wilder wants the fight more than AJ?
I don't think so...

Don't ever argue boxing with me again
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 02, 2019
bigcee:

Have you ever been in the ring before you silly Arrow. He doesnt fight real fighters bla bla bla...Why didn't Wilder fight Klitschko. Olodo no one is complaining. Oga if you dont know shit, just shut up. I'm very sure you started following boxing when AJ started his carrier.

Faggöts don't ever argue boxing again

Dirty thing
Elynxx08:

keep quiet mr man. is Vladimir klitchko not a real fighter or is parker not a real fighter. Guy stop hating Joshua has is style that works for him just like fury nd wilder and let me tell you the only thing wilder does is punching hard. sentiments aside the last time he fought fury he should have lost. so lock up

Don't ever argue boxing again
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 02, 2019
adelaja70:

WHY YOU COME DEY CRY NA... WHO STOLE YOUR CANDY?

Don't ever argue boxing with me again
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Empiz: 6:59am On Jun 02, 2019
oduademonest:

He outboxed himself. He was looking for a knockdown
All his strategy failed in this match. shocked
Fixed? wink
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Empiz: 7:00am On Jun 02, 2019
chinnyonwu:

STFU
All his strategy failed in this match. shocked
Are you still in doubt
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Reussite: 7:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Waking up to AJ losing the fight, is this some joke? shocked shocked.
For the guys who watched the fight please do the fight look real at all or some fixed sh*t? angry
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by fox26: 7:15am On Jun 02, 2019
British boxer never succeeded in USA.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by BluntBoy(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2019
opson1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Abi na. grin

They have been shameless. Now, one of them has suffered a loss.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by BluntBoy(m): 7:36am On Jun 02, 2019
Saltybear:

Don't ever argue boxing again

Don't mind those people.

I have said it over and over again that Joshua is overhyped and he only looks good because of how less competitive the heavyweight class has become. Fury is way better, in my opinion.

Lalas247 mentioned it too and they went abusive on her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Gullah: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Don't mind those people.

I have said it over and over again that Joshua is overhyped and he only looks good because of how less competitive the heavyweight class has become. Fury is way better, in my opinion.

Fury is a better all round boxer, AJ still has a lot to learn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by bigcee(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Saltybear:

Faggöts don't ever argue boxing again
Dirty thing
It's like you and your generations are stu!p right.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by portune: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
I sense there is something wrong about this match, This whole thing might be fixed afterall.
He is 60M richer and a remarch awaits him. This is pure biz remember.
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Lalas247(f): 8:35am On Jun 02, 2019
BluntBoy:

Don't mind those people.

You see it ...
I know what I'm talking about I knew it ....
Hope all those basterdinsulting me yesterday can see now..

Fury will end him grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2019
portune:

He is 60M richer and a remarch awaits him. This is pure biz remember.
pure biz my brother I tell you
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Lalas247(f): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2019
Empiz:

Even in the build up to this fight Joshua was preparing his fans for a possible loss with his comments if you can read between the lines. He never sounded like he was going in this fight to win rather he sounded like he was going there to participate.
Joshua is usually not this slow in his fights, weak defense, no big right hand set ups, poor game plan, and low punching output.
Last week he was dancing with his boys

Couple days back he is on insta live talking shlt ..... I'm telling you the guy reminds me of Bruno or is it frank whatever same thing .... Man making money looking hot and signing deals
Just doesn't seem hungry like Mike ...
If Joshua grew up in naija u will see the hunger men dat boy will have been ending people by now
Re: Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden by Phock2sweet: 8:40am On Jun 02, 2019
ednut1:
would be jabbed by Aj. Learn to read.
wetin u talk?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Messi Buys Penthouse Apartment In Milan / Barca Vs PSG ; Was The Match Fixed? / This Is What Will Happen If Ronaldo Wins The Ballon D'or This Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.