Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools (1953 Views)

Tinubu Insists On Faleke For The Kogi Supplementary Election / Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by naijaking1: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2009
Jairzinho:

The rule of law & its enforcement are things the Americans hold dear,same cannot be said of Nigeria or why else would the police wait for the presidents directive to enforce election tribunal decisions?? The points I have laid out mean the legal option will not work,what you need is a political solution becos this is essentially political sharia. . . . . .
I don't disagree that a political solution is not the best and the quickest, but from whence shalt it cometh?
OBJ was petrified when sharia law introduced, I'm sure Yar'dua or anyother would want to mess with that. In the abscence of any other option, I say a legal documention is well worth the effort, if for no other thing, but just for posterity.
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by Jairzinho(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2009
naijaking1:

I don't disagree that a political solution is not the best and the quickest, but from whence shalt it cometh?
OBJ was petrified when sharia law introduced, I'm sure Yar'dua or anyother would want to mess with that. In the abscence of any other option, I say a legal documention is well worth the effort, if for no other thing, but just for posterity.
The political solution is for states to insist on TRUE FEDERALISM,once Kano has no income to pay salaries & no skilled 'non sharia' skilled workforce,they will do the needful. Right now sharia is a very good tool to mobilise unemployed ,illiterate populace. . . ,
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2009
Dis Guy:

southern states are whimps all gra gra and displaying their phd about online  grin

na so cattle rearers just they do you like cow!

grin grin grin tongue

mikeansy:

anybody who knows a relative who live in the North should convince them to find other means of livelihood in the South.

For how long are some nigerians suppose to be on the run from their own country?
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by naijaking1: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2009
Jairzinho:

The political solution is for states to insist on TRUE FEDERALISM,once Kano has no income to pay salaries & no skilled 'non sharia' skilled workforce,they will do the needful. Right now sharia is a very good tool to mobilise unemployed ,illiterate populace. . . ,
Once again, I agree 100% with you about true federalism. 90% of the states in the north especially were created to be nurtured from the federal oil money---which is bad. If you can find a way to make true federalism work in Nigeria without another civil war, then you might become a millionaire cheesy
Meanwhile, we can proceed through the legal front also.
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by nypha: 8:28am On Jun 07, 2009
mikeansy, true talk.

i don't know why the federal govt lost its legitimate monopoly of authority in its own territory to the sharia.
in one of my political science classes, my lecturer used nigeria as an example of one among the only countries in the world where sits two powers: the federal power, and the sharia power.

i agree with mikeansy that the welfare of civil servants and fellow citizens should be a serious concern to the federal govt. if the north can't accommodate others, then, the govt should not risque precious work force by sending them to the north.

anyway, nigerian govt seem not to care for lives and like some would say: "if we can reduce the increasing n° of the population through sharia, so be it."
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by No2Atheism(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2009
i wish olabowale and babs787 would comment on this and show us how muslims are actually angels in disguise.
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by No2Atheism(m): 9:33am On Jun 07, 2009
nypha:

mikeansy, true talk.

i don't know why the federal govt lost its legitimate monopoly of authority in its own territory to the sharia.
in one of my political science classes, my lecturer used nigeria as an example of one among the only countries in the world where sits two powers: the federal power, and the sharia power.

i agree with mikeansy that the welfare of civil servants and fellow citizens should be a serious concern to the federal govt. if the north can't accommodate others, then, the govt should not risque precious work force by sending them to the north.

anyway, nigerian govt seem not to care for lives and like some would say: "if we can reduce the increasing n° of the population through sharia, so be it."

sincerely speaking i think the best move by White people was wen they lumped different ethnic groups into one country all over africa so much so that there divide and conquer method would always be working even after independence.
It is in the interest of the west for nigeria to remain one, hence i believe they would do everything including genocide to make it remain so , by using their nigerian stooges in the form of the Hausa-Fulani elites and the corrupt South west and south east people.

One thing is for sure, African would never know peace or development until each country is made up entirely of only people that are related by culture .

i.e. Yorubas in Togo, Benin and Nigeria comming together to form one country.
Hausa-Fulanis in Niger, Nigeria, Chad and so on also coming together to form one country.
Igbos in Cameroun, and Nigeria also coming together to form one country.

Until this is done, i don't think there is really any hope for stability, peace and development in Africa as a whole, nigeria as a country and local regions in particular.

Wat is going on in nigeria is akin to someone trying to mix the japanese and koreans into one single country and then hoping that it would work. It would never work. The variables of religion, culture and suspicion is just too much for it to work.
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by Jairzinho(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2009
No2Atheism:

sincerely speaking i think the best move by White people was wen they lumped different ethnic groups into one country all over africa so much so that there divide and conquer method would always be working even after independence.
It is in the interest of the west for nigeria to remain one, hence i believe they would do everything including genocide to make it remain so , by using their nigerian stooges in the form of the Hausa-Fulani elites and the corrupt South west and south east people.

One thing is for sure, African would never know peace or development until each country is made up entirely of only people that are related by culture .

i.e. Yorubas in Togo, Benin and Nigeria comming together to form one country.
Hausa-Fulanis in Niger, Nigeria, Chad and so on also coming together to form one country.
Igbos in Cameroun, and Nigeria also coming together to form one country.

Until this is done, i don't think there is really any hope for stability, peace and development in Africa as a whole, nigeria as a country and local regions in particular.

Wat is going on in nigeria is akin to someone trying to mix the japanese and koreans into one single country and then hoping that it would work. It would never work. The variables of religion, culture and suspicion is just too much for it to work.
I don’t completely agree. While homogeneity may be desirable for nation building, it isn’t the only requirement. The greatest nations in the world aren’t necessarily completely homogeneous(e.g. US) & as a Yoruba man I know ijeshas, Egbas, ijebus etc like to primarily identify with their sub groups.
I remember a statement made by late C.C Onoh on NTA, he said “I see myself first as a WAWA man, then an IGBO and then a Nigerian, in essence his sub-tribal identification was slightly ahead of even his IGBO identity.
It’s just like justifying more states will solve our problems . What we need to do is identify we have issues and address them head long. We have enough resources to go around, the problem is just that we don’t like admitting there’s a problem & pretend all is well. In Lebanon for example it is enshrined in the constitution that the 3 senior positions are rotated between Christian ,Sunni & Shia groups. So the solution to naija’s probs will come when we admit we are composed of different tribes , and use that to our advantage.
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by strangleyo: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2009
The FG should target federal allocation money used to enforce sharia.

Cut it off. Nothing else, just sharia.

If we don't act soon and Sharia becomes too entrenched, there WILL be another civil war, as in Pakistan currently. But we cannot afford to have a war with 50% of our population.
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by lannre(m): 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2009
Veil ? what relevance ? He need to read the Quran very well. They only pick some part to make noise. What about following the Sharia in economic terms. I mean by empowering people,through provision of basic amenities. lets stop this Political Sharia in Nigeria. Can he prove he has not stolen a penny. Veil ? pssssssssssss
Re: Shekarau Insists On Veils For Non-islamic Schools by strangleyo: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2009
Religion should not be imposed on others?

Do people from the 'east' not believe of any sort of freedom of choice? (by east I mean Arab doctrine)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndlea Arrests Five Over Ingested Drugs / Why Are You Soo Igbo Yet Denying It / $1bn Abuja World Trade Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.